Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
the usn not being able to secure shipping lanes represents the complete collapse of the doctrine of full spectrum dominance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

samogonka
Nov 5, 2016
spreadsheet masquerading as a country

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Centrist Committee posted:

the usn not being able to secure shipping lanes represents the complete collapse of the doctrine of full spectrum dominance

the whole thing is a hilarious death trap, the us pushes the houthis too hard and iran closes down the persian gulf and probably bombs saudi oil wells and refineries

take your pick, israeli shipping's hosed or oil crisis 2 but now the wells are burning

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Iran has been trying to make peace with the KSA so I'm assuming they and their allies are not eager to attack them. None of the neighboring countries have joined the US' little naval coalition so far though they are all nominally part of the wider Combined Maritime Forces.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Yeah I dunno man I don't have a masters in geopolitics or whatever but I think maybe Ansar Allah isn't bluffing and it'd be really dumb to keep trying to call their bluffs and then acting shocked it wasn't a bluff.

Maybe start believing the words they are telling you. Ah but then I remember the "Arabist" the Dutch news interviewed as an expert who assured us that Ansar Allahs stated motivations are false and they are just following Iranian orders. These loving morons are just going to keep ignoring what they are literally being told and replacing it with their own idiot beliefs. Lib ideology is totalistic.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Yank Israel's leash away from a crime against humanity that is killing what little is left of your international prestige and legitimacy

take a huge hit to global shipping

start a regional war

america: uhhh can I use a lifeline?

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Yank Israel's leash away from a crime against humanity that is killing what little is left of your international prestige and legitimacy

start a regional war

Go big or go home!

Please go home

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Owlbear Camus posted:

start a regional war

yes, you still have phone a friend

america: okay, call israel and ask him what to do

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
War Thunder leaked classified information again

This time on the M2 Bradley

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

The Oldest Man posted:

Just imagining the fuming, crying, screaming meltdowns if China started hosting a US government in exile

The funniest post-presidency outcome for Trump would be skipping town before one of his trials and living out the rest of his days in a recreation of Mar-a-Lago that the Chinese built for him on a little island and he gets to pretend to be president until he dies.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

partial spectrum retaliatory terror bombings are better for the KPIs anyway

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

gradenko_2000 posted:

was a boring leak this time. Unclassified info that you’re just not supposed to share online except with anyone who owns Bradleys.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

What was it?

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Slavvy posted:

gradenko_2000 posted:

What was it?

It's a big armored vehicle that can carry troops but that's not important right now.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

BearsBearsBears posted:

It's a big armored vehicle that can carry troops but that's not important right now.

Surely they wouldn't leak sensitive info about such an important military vehicle.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
the putin is too busy doing donuts on red square in captured bradleys to gaf about some grognerd poo poo posted on the war thunder forums

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023
But what if Russia aren't the bad guys? I'm just asking questions...

Otoh it's revisionist history to act like the US did have total control of shipping lanes 10, 20, 30 years ago?

Iran seizing containers, Iran capturing USN personnel, the entire insurance industry that was built off Somali piracy and hostage/ship sell backs, the Cole.

And there was that big stretch in the 70s when Egypt took the suez and wouldn't let the French or Brits use it anymore.

It's almost like the idea of complete dominance was always a lie.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Slavvy posted:

What was it?

It's a troop carrier

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

someone uploaded the entire movie The Pentsgon Wars :ohno:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

everyone already knows how dogshit the Bradley is

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

yellowcar posted:

everyone already knows how dogshit the Bradley is

tell that to wargame red dragon. holy gently caress will the AI spam the ones outfitted with TOWs

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

The Bradley being a piece of poo poo is one of those urban legends that sticks around because one guy made a whole career off banging on about it. You want a real piece of poo poo you need a Stryker MGS.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The Bradley is an unusually huge but otherwise run of the mill ifv. It isn't even that heavy I don't think.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Pentagon Wars was a documentary

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Slavvy posted:

The Bradley is an unusually huge but otherwise run of the mill ifv. It isn't even that heavy I don't think.

It also costs as much as a T-90.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

The Oldest Man posted:

The Bradley being a piece of poo poo is one of those urban legends that sticks around because one guy made a whole career off banging on about it. You want a real piece of poo poo you need a Stryker MGS.

now that was an incredible turd

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

BearsBearsBears posted:

So it's affordable by American standards

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

BearsBearsBears posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > C-SPAM > The US will lose WW3

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

DancingShade posted:

The West will be huddled in caves and the skeletal ruins of their once cities crumbling into total neglect as Chinese spaceships fly to colonize Alpha Centauri long before anyone admits this.

Don't worry. The future west may not know the secret of the combustion engine but the recipe for a big Mac will still be passed down.

There is a wonderful Gene Wolfe short story called Seven American Nights with this sort of premise, where the red jewel of Tabriz glitters on the moon at night while deformed Americans are gawked at by tourists who want to slum it

Gene Wolfe posted:

Everyone knows that these Americans were once the most skilled
creators of consciousness-altering substances the world has ever seen. The
same knowledge that permitted them to forge the chemicals that destroyed
them (so that they might have bread that never staled, innumerable poisons
for vermin, and a host of unnatural materials for every purpose) also
contrived synthetic alkaloids that produced endless feverish imaginings.

Surely some, at least, of these skills remain. Or if they do not, then
some of the substances themselves, preserved for eighty or a hundred years
in hidden cabinets, and no doubt growing more dangerous as the world
forgets them. I think that someone on the ship may have administered
some such drug to me.

That is out at last! I felt so much better at having written it--it took a
great deal of effort that I took several turns about this room. Now that I
have written it down, I do not believe it at all.

Still, last night I dreamed of that bread, of which I first read in the
little schoolroom of Uncle Mirza's country house. It was no complex,
towering "literary" dream such as I have sometimes had, and embroidered,
and boasted of afterward over coffee.

Just the vision of a loaf of soft white
bread lying on a plate in the center of a small table: bread that retained the fragrance of the oven (surely one of the most delicious in the world) though
it was smeared with gray mold. Why would the Americans wish such a
thing? Yet all the historians agree that they did, just as they wished their
own corpses to appear living forever.

It is only this country, with its colorful, fetid streets, deformed
people, and harsh, alien language, that makes me feel as drugged and
dreaming as I do. Praise Allah that I can speak Farsi to you, O Book.

wolfs has issued a correction as of 09:32 on Dec 21, 2023

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

The Oldest Man posted:

The Bradley has got plenty of issues; there was a reason why it was mostly taken out of active service. The MGS just didn't work.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
late to the torpedo chat, but the russians did actually make an anti-torpedo torpedo. of course that one was based on the idea that the counter-torpedo would carry a tiny nuclear warhead and basically blow the gently caress out of anything even remotely in the direction of the detected incoming torpedo launch and as such i don't think they ever deployed it in quantity because no matter what anybody says nuking the whales would be bad optics

also free fizzy, free ff, free all cspam political prisoners

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

mlmp08 posted:

was a boring leak this time. Unclassified info that you’re just not supposed to share online except with anyone who owns Bradleys.

so just the houthis, then?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

gradenko_2000 posted:

lolll what a diss

https://twitter.com/vexwerewolf/status/1737504368776061138?s=20

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Timothy McVeigh had no problem fuckin up Iraqi T62 tanks with his brad

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Gulf War Syndrome

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Ardennes posted:

The MGS just didn't work.

That didn't stop the army from buying like 150 of them

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

MGS just made me think about Metal Gear Solid and lol at the idea of a MIC designed genome soldier project.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Retromancer posted:

MGS just made me think about Metal Gear Solid and lol at the idea of a MIC designed genome soldier project.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Retromancer posted:

a MIC designed genome soldier project.

dir. David cronenberg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Retromancer posted:

les budgets terribles?!