Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Boogan posted:

Ok but have you tried giving it a potion of hill giant strength and a longsword?

No but I have had it drink potions. Also it gets the HP buffs from Aid and Hero’s feast I’m pretty sure so you could have a slightly tankier hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
dragonborn animations are awesome and it's a bummer there are so few of them in the game

also if you equip a hat it sits on top of their head in a very silly way

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Dragonborn and half orcs look great but none of the voice options are really gruff enough to work for me

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's similarly weird playing a githyanki opposite Lae'zel who is doing Batman Voice 100% of the time while you're like OI GOT SUM STICKAY FINGAZ BRUV

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

exquisite tea posted:

It's similarly weird playing a githyanki opposite Lae'zel who is doing Batman Voice 100% of the time while you're like OI GOT SUM STICKAY FINGAZ BRUV

The virgin "Is that blood? Never mind." vs the chad "enough waiting, I crave blood"

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

I blitzed through a comically evil druge run on explorer just to get the cheevos. Came in at 15 hours, which I know is hardly a speedrun but still a fraction of other playthroughs. Durge is kind of hilarious if you just do the most pointlessly evil thing possible in every situation.

Orin especially comes off as a total goof if you have no friends in camp. Oh no you kidnapped the child that I repeatedly told to gently caress off between rounds of killing and eating innocent citizens, not the sharpest tool in Bhaal's murdershed are we?

Also slayer form is just a worse wild shape. Orin is a LOT more deadly without it. She would have won the duel if I wasn't a half-orc. Wasn't expecting her to drop 200 damage in a round goddamn. I'd almost think of recommending not getting it in Act 2 if she gets stuck with slayer form in Act 3 if you don't have it, Idk if she does or not.

And that final fight sequence is a slog at level 9 without any of the op gear. Geez. Maybe I should have made a single friend along the way or something!

Oddly enough the only NPC in my camp was Dame Aylin, who was there because I didn't bother getting the spear to kill her so freeing her and going to kill Ketheric was easier. She was her usual happy let's go fight evil chum self even as I went around collecting hands and slaughtering the city guards who tried to stop me.

Oh and the bromance between Gortash and the Durge is actually incredible. The man gushes over seeing you back and then the Netherbrain just one shots him haha.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Professor Beetus posted:

The virgin "Is that blood? Never mind." vs the chad "enough waiting, I crave blood"

Someone didn't go Durge, they get some vicious barks sometimes

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Mr. Lobe posted:

Someone didn't go Durge, they get some vicious barks sometimes

Literally my durge lol

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Speaking of races with mechanical advantages, the best in my mind is far and away Halfling.

Tired of rolling 1s? Get a halfling.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Statistics say we play for a e s t h e t i c s

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

George Sex - REAL posted:

Speaking of races with mechanical advantages, the best in my mind is far and away Halfling.

Tired of rolling 1s? Get a halfling.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

grinnard
Apr 10, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

Human if you’re playing a wizard or sorcerer; since you get shield proficiency. (Unless you’re multi classing into something that gives you shield proficiency like cleric). Easy AC boost; and there is a shield that will give you a spell DC boost which is much tidier than taking dual wield to carry two staves around.

You don't take dual wield to double staff for the spell DC, you take it so you can hold the staff of spellpower and markoheshkir, both of which give a free cast, letting you cast chain lighting four times instead of the one cast you get from your level 6 spell slot.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

flashman posted:

Is Pam still bugged?

Someone in the thread would have to check, it hasnt been corrected on the BG3 Community Wiki and all the details I can find on it are months old so it's possible they snuck it into a patch but I'd assume Polearm Master is still bugged unless you hear otherwise.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

That sounds like a problem that is easily solved by just buying more scrolls

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Black Noise posted:

That sounds like a problem that is easily solved by just buying more scrolls

Haha, "buy". What did you kill astarion or something

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
I haven't stolen a single thing save one ring I really wanted early in the game. I know this puts me deep in the minority.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Monathin posted:

Someone in the thread would have to check, it hasnt been corrected on the BG3 Community Wiki and all the details I can find on it are months old so it's possible they snuck it into a patch but I'd assume Polearm Master is still bugged unless you hear otherwise.

For all the deserved praise this game has gotten, not being able to fix minor bugs after so many months is disappointing.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
some bugs make it feel like I'm really giving them the business though

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Mr. Lobe posted:

Haha, "buy". What did you kill astarion or something

No but I am taking the “do not insert in ear” approach like with Q-tips.

Just incase we’ve got another guy like the dude with the dancing skeleton avatar that just kept unintentionally piling up bodies.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Party In My Diapee posted:

For all the deserved praise this game has gotten, not being able to fix minor bugs after so many months is disappointing.

Submit a bug report! If enough people point something out, there's a good chance they actually will fix it, based on precedent.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Do you guys gently caress around with the « Attitude » stuff with merchants? Like, are you actually expected to be donating stuff to traders?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Is there any tricks I should be aware of here? My biggest problem was getting Omeluum out, if I was going for only the families I think I'd end up clearing it pretty easily.

can't you just, as usual, barrel bomb the poo poo out of the baddie?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I haven't finished my honour mode run yet but I do have Halsin and Minthara in my party. I'm not sure that they have any banter. One point that makes me think they might not is when I recruited Minthara and talked to people at my camp everyone had some comment about me having recruited her except for Halsin who iirc did not acknowledge it at all.

And they both sit in the same spot in the camp which is pretty weird too and I guess a holdover from the fact that previously it was an either/or choice with them.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It wasn't supposed to be possible to have them in the same party until very recently, so I'm not surprised they don't have any banter. I wouldn't be surprised if the madmen at Larian patched this in at some point, however

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
Some of the previously 'mutually exclusive' characters do have banter though. Several months back I had a run with Karlach and Minthara and they certainly have some dialogues and reactions to each other.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I don't think Larian put any additional effort into making non-evil recruitment of Minthara possible. They essentially just cut a few steps from the even more obtuse way of recruiting her. Karlach and Minthara have dialogue because it's possible to play as an evil origin Karlach and betray the grove, even though that would be 100% against character.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Monathin posted:

In what way is it bugged, exactly? I know once or twice it's given an enemy a free opportunity attack on me (which was pretty funny tbh) but I could avoid that by just denying the pop up and that seems to be fixed now anyway.

Regardless, I gave Lae'zel Balduran's Giantslayer because it just hopelessly outclasses any available polearm on a non-throwing build, so I kinda may as well respec out of that feat anyway.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

"Oh sing the song of Balduran, who founded Baldur's Gate ..."

There, now you have that stuck in your head the same way that I do.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So why's it not called Balduran's Gate?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

So why's it not called Balduran's Gate?

the people just liked it better that way

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Moon Slayer posted:

"Oh sing the song of Balduran, who founded Baldur's Gate ..."

There, now you have that stuck in your head the same way that I do.

My weirdo friend has the music turned down to 0. They might be playing mute tbh I haven’t seen their screen to confirm how weird.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Pellisworth posted:

dragonborn animations are awesome and it's a bummer there are so few of them in the game

also if you equip a hat it sits on top of their head in a very silly way

Ethel masks on a dragonborn are a good time.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

exquisite tea posted:

I don't think Larian put any additional effort into making non-evil recruitment of Minthara possible. They essentially just cut a few steps from the even more obtuse way of recruiting her. Karlach and Minthara have dialogue because it's possible to play as an evil origin Karlach and betray the grove, even though that would be 100% against character.

Yep, and there is content exclusive to a Karlach/Minthara romance, I think someone posted a clip earlier in the thread.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Thundarr posted:

In what way is it bugged, exactly? I know once or twice it's given an enemy a free opportunity attack on me (which was pretty funny tbh) but I could avoid that by just denying the pop up and that seems to be fixed now anyway.

The two I heard were that it provokes an opportunity attack on you if you run into an enemy's threatened spaces (rather then letting you get an AoO if an enemy runs into yours) and that it doesn't add bonus damage on the offhand attack correctly. But I haven't been able to open BG3 in a week or so now due to holiday preparations with the family so I can't check foe sure.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 20, 2023

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I think Polearm Master is a load-bearing bug. Who knows what horrors they're keeping us safe from by not fixing that bug?

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

I'm trying a two character HM run, because full party feels a bit too easy still and solo seems like a chore. So far it's very fun. I died multiple times in situations where I know I should have approached the fight differently, but a single bad crit or hold person is not the end of the run.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Professor Beetus posted:

Yep, and there is content exclusive to a Karlach/Minthara romance, I think someone posted a clip earlier in the thread.

I'll repost it because it's legit one of the best line deliveries from Minthara's VA and one of the most heart-wrenching lines in the whole game

Karlach Spoilers Ahead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWI6O-EDhfM

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I mean I know but there has to be a better way to spoiler that lmao

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I'll repost it because it's legit one of the best line deliveries from Minthara's VA and one of the most heart-wrenching lines in the whole game

Karlach Spoilers Ahead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWI6O-EDhfM

You weren't kidding. :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Watching Karlach smash up that hut is hilarious,oh wait i meant loving infuriating cause she got us all loving burned to death.