Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Lol that the car can't even transport those pontoons without a huge trailer and presumably hours of assembly and disassembly, completely defeating the purpose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Sentient Data posted:

Lol that the car can't even transport those pontoons without a huge trailer and presumably hours of assembly and disassembly, completely defeating the purpose

You won't care

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

There's a 38 item FAQ and it's great

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Tell it to earth

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

You're driving your Tesla on a ROAD??
They are art pieces, not functional automobiles!!

Teslas all have a sticker found behind the front bumper that says "For entertainment purposes only" so they can't be held accountable when their cars fall apart.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Holy poo poo, that's really not an acceptable failure of *design.* That cast piece is definitely not thick enough around that area. From the quoted article it sounds like a lot of the suspension components are really not stout enough, and that's not a "power steering" failure, those are suspension and wheel hub failures.

This further reinforces my opinion that Teslas are adequate but rather cheap cars and nowhere near the Luxury Grade that their price range commands.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
they say a cybertruck owners happiest day is when they buy it, and the second happiest day is when they drown in it

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Waffle House posted:

Holy poo poo, that's really not an acceptable failure of *design.* That cast piece is definitely not thick enough around that area. From the quoted article it sounds like a lot of the suspension components are really not stout enough, and that's not a "power steering" failure, those are suspension and wheel hub failures.

This further reinforces my opinion that Teslas are adequate but rather cheap cars and nowhere near the Luxury Grade that their price range commands.

"the suspension or axle might just break at any point" is "adequate" to you?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

My biggest complaint with those is if someone is changing lanes or otherwise getting out of your way, the car will start beeping or even braking if you are moving at a speed that would cause a collision if they don't end up moving out of the way.

But honestly the car is right about that. It's less risky to keep a distance that won't require sudden braking or turning if the person in front of you changes their mind.

yeah i think once it has been standard equipment on most cars for like 10+ years it is probably a net positive for road safety. like if all the cars behind you also have it, great. but getting to that point seems more dangerous along the way

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

The man who runs the factories that make these cars wants less regulation, presumably so he can make axles out of the spines of his workers or some such

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023

shyduck posted:

There's a 38 item FAQ and it's great

"Our previous experience bringing a complex electromechanical..."

"We failed miserably and blew a bunch of cash on something almost as dumb a few years ago and will now only move forward with an angel investor dumb enough to finance us."

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Songbearer posted:

The man who runs the factories that make these cars wants less regulation, presumably so he can make axles out of the spines of his workers or some such

Elon Musk decorates his gaming PC with the skulls of workers who died on the line "technically they never clocked out so I still own them" he argues

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lol that driving your Tesla to work will make the suspension and wheels crack to pieces and the manufacturers response has been "that's actually your fault"

Also most of the owners would most likely say they'd buy a Tesla again

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Waffle House posted:

Graduating in mechanical engineering I always thought there were regulations and safety factors for this kind of thing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jelly posted:

Graduating in mechanical engineering I always thought there were regulations and safety factors for this kind of thing.

Turns out paying a fine is cheaper than following regulations.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the free market has spoken. car good

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Waffle House posted:

Elon visualized the stresses in perfect 3d in his mind so I believe you will find your assessment is incorrect.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

only stress in elon's mind is the woke mind virus and his virulent crusade against it!!!!!!!!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

ben shapino posted:

"the suspension or axle might just break at any point" is "adequate" to you?

Look who doesn’t understand the agile manifesto

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Move fast break stuff but for vehicles that may or may not kill you it's a toin coss really

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the dark storms in his mind may have interfered with his ability to correctly design the axles technology. defeating wokeys is more important than ever

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

.... can you even get stressed out on seven tons of ketamine per day? what's it like to get so hopped up on ketamine but also be terrified by everything that moves?

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er

Vintersorg posted:

The calling card of right wing dumb shits is FREEDOM OF SPEECH

Just to say slurs.

Oh 100%, you see this so often anymore. People don't understand that this phrase doesn't automatically denote "freedom of consequences". That and woke (especially anymore) are the loving go-to's and it's just become so sad and transparent. This and just recently with the RollingStone article, mirks' go-to is always "HAH like anyone reads them anymore :crylaugh: right guys, am I right ha ha GUYS AM I RIGHT"

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

quote:

(Reuters) -Tesla is not offering its employees yearly merit-based stock awards, Bloomberg News reported on Tuesday.

Tesla did not immediately respond to Reuters' request for comment.

The news comes after United Auto Workers union said in November it is launching a first-of-its-kind push to publicly organize the entire nonunion auto sector in the U.S., including Tesla, after winning new contracts with the Detroit Three automakers.

lol owned

Elon gets the $55 billion bonus and the peasants get nothing

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

All the shrimp scampi you can eat....

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

EDIT: wrong page

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Why does he not call it X

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Lord Stimperor posted:

Why does he not call it X

Because that was March

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

he always calls it twitter when he's complaining about it

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

pixaal posted:

Because that was March

Ah, time flies when you're having fun

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

SHUT THE gently caress UP BOER

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
this "fabricatore" guy sounds trustworthy

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Isn't that a maroon US passport normally issued to gov officials and military lol

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

gschmidl posted:

SHUT THE gently caress UP BOER

She probably coughed and farted COVID all over the other passengers

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Kingo Ligma posted:

She probably coughed and farted COVID all over the other passengers

covid they don't care about they are just mad that some MIGRANT is in the DELTA SKY PLUS seats!@#

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Note Block posted:

Isn't that a maroon US passport normally issued to gov officials and military lol

My passport is the same shade and it’s definitely not US issued

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Can't speak for all government but yes us military issued passports are that color

Source I had one in a folder somewhere

Went to wiki to double check lol

Official (maroon cover)
Issuable to citizen-employees of the United States assigned overseas, either permanently or temporarily, and their eligible dependents, and to some members of Congress who travel abroad on official business. Also issued to U.S. military personnel when deployed overseas. Period of validity: generally five years from the date of issue.[

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I guess what at happens Vegas starts on x

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

It's all true. As an illegal immigrant to the United States I was given a first class ticket to a mansion in the Hamptons for a weekend where I was given a selection of pale beautiful nordic stock white women to defile with my poisoned immigrant seed in the government's industrial effort to replace the white race.

Anyway after that weekend of fun I got booted down to the south and now I work under the table at some farm now where I live in absolute poverty.