Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1737417489880109200?t=gVlecgKvUR5zy_ZtddNn6Q&s=19

Oh no :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Harimao is cursed :(

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This is kind of taking the piss, announcing a TC defence without knowing who's challenging or defending

https://twitter.com/ajpwint/status/1734109059593523497

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I suppose so, but there was always going to be a Triple Crown defence on the Jan 3rd show. Probably 50% of shows since Mutoh left on 3/1 have had a TC defence.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Then delay the Kento vs Katsu match a full 4 days so they can do it on the 3rd, it's not like the MANIAx show is sacrosant. It's odd to me that the company feels the need to advertise two Triple Crown matches less then a week apart when for whatever reason they can't advertise either guy in the second match. Unless X is some sort of huge name (like a guest from the future UJPW promotions) it won't be a bigger match than the Miyahara vs Nakajima rematch

That being said I very much welcome two main event matches from either winner of the first match, they both rule

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Imagine if X is Naoya Nomura though

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

They said he'd be an assassin. It's clearly Will Ospreay, and he's going to take it to AEW and work a broadway for both triple crowns with the CC winner

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
https://twitter.com/Peps_Wrestling/status/1737434457907298448?t=5Yt49QiLC1yVnUqh5MwQvQ&s=19

The house invaded Noah

The first order of business for that big lobbying group that was recently made was "what new and exciting ways can we come together to make Kaito Kiyomiya look bad"

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Burn Down Canberra posted:

https://twitter.com/Peps_Wrestling/status/1737434457907298448?t=5Yt49QiLC1yVnUqh5MwQvQ&s=19

The house invaded Noah

The first order of business for that big lobbying group that was recently made was "what new and exciting ways can we come together to make Kaito Kiyomiya look bad"

"while pushing the real stars, HoT"

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Burn Down Canberra posted:

The house invaded Noah

Honestly if I was Kaito at that point I would just stop selling the beatdown, tell Gedo to go gently caress himself and just leave to never wrestle in either NOAH or New Japan ever again. I mean, he was getting punked out all the time anyway, but now getting clowned on by what is well on track to be the worst loving stable in wrestling history? Just leave, gently caress it all.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Kaito's going to somehow lose to Ichikawa at Final Gate at this point.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Dimebags Brain posted:

Kaito's going to somehow lose to Ichikawa at Final Gate at this point.

Stalker Ichikawa?

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Germansimp posted:

Honestly if I was Kaito at that point I would just stop selling the beatdown, tell Gedo to go gently caress himself and just leave to never wrestle in either NOAH or New Japan ever again. I mean, he was getting punked out all the time anyway, but now getting clowned on by what is well on track to be the worst loving stable in wrestling history? Just leave, gently caress it all.

Gedo isn't booking this or at the very least not without Noah agreeing. This is not comparable to the last time this happened when it was quite literally njpw booking noah. The parent companies are pretty friendly. A little too friendly if you ask me.

Noah want this for whatever reason they have or cyberagent is forcing it on them. I don't actually know what cyberagents long term plan is with noah or any of their wrestling operations. I think what they actually want out of wrestling is njpw content to stick on abema lol.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The Tokyo Dome might be demolished for apartments which, if true, means Korakuen Hall is going too. Looks like I have new goal for the rest of the year to do that New Year's period pilgrimage.
https://twitter.com/toshanshuinLA/status/1737492723714736525

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Man if that happens I'm glad I'm going to Wrestle Kingdom this year

everwake
Aug 9, 2021

Discord: everwake#0311
Steam: Everwake
Xbox: everwake#3338
PlayStation: everwakePS
Nintendo: SW-0815-2733-9404
Mastodon: https://gamepad.club/@everwake
People will go nuts for those apartments. They'll be so close to the Tokyo dome!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

If they don't touch Tokyo Dome City you can just walk to Sentai stage shows

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

fez_machine posted:

The Tokyo Dome might be demolished for apartments which, if true, means Korakuen Hall is going too. Looks like I have new goal for the rest of the year to do that New Year's period pilgrimage.
https://twitter.com/toshanshuinLA/status/1737492723714736525

Yeah, if Korakuen's going to be destroyed I'm absolutely going to make a pilgrimage to Tokyo and ensure I see at least one show in that building

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Knocking down Korakuen Hall for luxury apartments is a crime on a par with knocking down the London Astoria 15 years ago

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Goddammit

https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1737762834896056462

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jesus, I'm glad I got to go to Wrestle Kingdom at the Tokyo Dome but now I am REALLY kicking myself for not taking the opportunity to catch a Korakuen show while I was there :doh:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Jesus, I'm glad I got to go to Wrestle Kingdom at the Tokyo Dome but now I am REALLY kicking myself for not taking the opportunity to catch a Korakuen show while I was there :doh:

WHAT? But the All Japan double shot on the 2nd & 3rd January is surely the main reason to go, RIGHT? RIGHT?

Wishing Chris Brookes a speedy & full recovery, that sounds scary.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

All the more reason to go back and check out Ichigaya as well

Wishing all the best to Chris, an unfortunate capper on a banner year for him

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The last full week of 2023. Hope you're all starting to think long & hard about Year End Awards stuff. We have a pretty low key week on the whole, though still managing bigger shows from Dragongate, Ganbare Pro & Stardom with lots of title matches. And the D-Oh Grand Prix rolls on, albeit without Chris Brookes who is outwith a benign tumour being removed. So we wish him all the best. Oh yeah, and Blood X-Mas from FREEDOMS & Jun Kasai, with an absolute banger of a main event from Toru Sugiura & Masashi Takeda for all the deathmatch sickos out there. Like me. Won't air until the 6th Jan though so that sucks. What does air before then is the Great Space War from Michinoku Pro, it's on the 23rd on Samurai TV & I will post a link once it's uploaded.

One thing I want to single out is that on Saturday there's a 2AW vs BJW vs ZERO1 show. It's mostly whatever but there is an Ayame Sasamura vs Masato Tanaka match that I really hope ends up on BJW Core in 4 months time because it sounds fascinating.

Another thing I should mention in passing: the midweek JTO show is a TAKA promoted Junior Heavyweight Tournament (although Google translates show as tournament so maybe it's not an actual Tournament...) & he claims it has a field of 56 wrestlers. So that's a novelty.

23/12/2023, Saturday

1pm JST/3pm AEDT/4am GMT/11pm EST/8pm PST

Gatoh Move ChocoPro #346
Ichigaya Chocolate Square, Tokyo
Best Bros (Baliyan Akki & Mei Suruga) vs Choun Shiryu & Masahiro Takanashi
Christmas Ramble: Antonio Honda vs Chris Brookes* vs Emi Sakura vs Miya Yotsuba vs Nonoka Seto vs Sayaka vs Tokiko Kirihara
*I assume Brookes is out because of his tumour

Stardom Year End Tour 2023 Night 7
Warabi Civic Gymnasium, Warabi
HANAKO & Saki Kashima vs Mina Shirakawa & Yuzuki
Oedo Tai (Fukigen Death, Rina & Ruaka) vs Queen's Quest (Hina, Lady C & Miyu Amasaki)
Maika vs Yuna Mizumori
Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe, Natsuko Tora & Starlight Kid) vs Queen's Quest (AZM, Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita)
Megan Bayne, Mei Seira & Suzu Suzuki vs STARS (Hanan, Hazuki & Saya Iida)
Donna Del Mondo (Giulia, Mai Sakurai & Thekla) vs God's Eye (Ami Sourei, MIRAI & Syuri
Uploaded to Stardom World at some unknown point

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/8am GMT/3am EST/12am PST

Pro Wrestling NOAH The Gift 2023 In Makuhari
Makuhari Messe, Mahuhari
Shuhei Taniguchi vs Yu Owada
Akitoshi Saito, Mohammed Yone & Super Crazy vs Atsushi Kotoge, Go Shiozaki & Taishi Ozawa
Eita vs Hi69
Hajime Ohara, Kai Fujimura & Takashi Sugiura vs Junta Miyawaki, Kazuyuki Fujita & Shuji Kondo
Alejandro, Naomichi Marufuji & Terry Yaki vs GLG (Jake Lee, Tadasuke & YO-HEY)
HAYATA vs Yoshinari Ogawa
Daiki Inaba, Manabu Soya & Masa Kitamiya vs Kenoh, Kaito Kiyomiya & Ryohei Oiwa
Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe

Also shows from 2AW vs BJW vs Zero1, Actwres girlZ, DIE, AJPW, Sendai Girls, Dragongate & Michinoku Pro

24/12/2023, Sunday

11:30am JST/1:30pm AEDT/3:30am GMT/10:30pm EST/7:30pm PST

DDT D-Oh Grand Prix Night 7
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Damnation TA (KANON & MJ Paul) vs Eruption (Hideki Okatani & Yukio Sakaguchi
Iron Man Heavymetal Weight Title Battle Royal: Great Koji(c) vs Akito vs Kazuki Hirata vs Kazuma Sumi vs Open Recruitment X vs Sanshiro Takagi vs Toru Owashi vs Yusuke Okada
Hideki Okatani vs Rei Saito
KO-D 6 Man Tag Team Titles: Danshoku Dieno, Jun Akiyama & Makoto Oishi(c) vs Schadenfreude International (Antonio Honda, Masahiro Takanashi & Takeshi Masada)
D-Oh Grand Prix B Block: MAO vs Yukio Naya
D-Oh Grand Prix A Block: Daisuke Sasaki vs HARASHIMA
D-Oh Grand Prix A Block: Yuki Iino vs Yuki Ueno
D-Oh Grand Prix A Block: Kazusada Higuchi vs Tetsuya Endo
Live on Wrestle Universe

1pm JST/3pm AEDT/4am GMT/11pm EST/8pm PST

2AW Grand Slam in TKP Garden City
TKP Garden City, Tokyo
Chojin Yusha G Valion & Kunio Toshima vs Kotaro Yoshino & Kyu Mogami
Ayame Sasamura vs Sae
Hiroshi Yamato vs Shiori Asahi vs Takato Nakano
Latrell Upton & Taishi Takizawa vs Tsugutaka Sato & Yuki Toki
Ayumu Honda vs CHANGO
2AW Tag Team Titles: Kengo Mashimo & Naka Shuma(c) vs Ayato Yoshida & Tatsuya Hanami
2AW Openweight Title: Takuro Niki(c) vs Daiju Wakamatsu
Will be on NicoNico

2pm JST/4pm AEDT/5am GMT/12am EST/9pm PST

GLEAT G Prowrestling Ver.57
Stella Hall, Osaka
BGI (Hartley Jackson, Keiichi Sato & Kotaro Suzuki) vs Tomoaki Honma & Yan's Family (Issei Onitsuka & Masato Kamino)
Fire Katsumi vs Jun Tonsho
Galeno del Mal & Tommy Knight vs JD Lee & Minoru Tanaka
Soma Watanabe & Yuya Susumu vs Takanori Ito & Tetsuya Izuchi
Kaito Ishida vs Seichi Ikemoto
Kaz Hayashi & Tatsumi Fujinami vs KAZMA SAKAMOTO & TAKA Michinoku
BULK Orchestra (Check Shimatani, Hayato Tamura & Ryuichi Kawakami) vs STRONGHEARTS (CIMA, El Lindaman & T-Hawk)
Almost certainly live on their Youtube, but otherwise uploaded later in the week

4pm JST/6pm AEDT/7am GMT/2am EST/11pm PST

Tokyo Joshi Pro Se-No, Merry Christmas 2023
Ryogoku KFC Hall, Tokyo
Haru Kazashiro vs Mahiro Kiryu
HIMAWARI, Mizuki & Runa Okubo vs Hyper Misao, Pom Harajuku & Yuki Aino
Maki Itoh & Yuki Kamifuku vs Shino Suzuki & Wakana Uehara
Arisu Endo & Suzume vs Hikari Noa & Toga
Kaya Toribami, Miyu Yamashita, Shoko Nakajima & Yuki Arai vs Miu Watanabe, Moka Miyamoto, Raku & Rika Tatsumi
Live on Wrestle Universe

Dragongate Final Gate 2023
Fukuoka International Centre, Fukuoka
Daiki Yanagiuchi, Kaito Nagano & Ryoya Tanaka vs Natural Vibes (Jacky Funky Kamei, Jason lee & U-T)
Open The Brave Gate Title: Hyo(c) vs Genki Horiguchi
Don Fujii, Kagetora & Ultimo Dragon vs M3K (Masaaki Mochizuki, Susumu Mochizuki & Yasushi Kanda)
Christmas Special 8 Man Tag, Teams Decided 23/12: Featuring Ben-K*, BIG BOSS Shimizu, BxB Hulk, Kota Minoura*, Kzy, Naruki Doi, Shuji Kondo & Strong Machine J
*Can't find a more recent match that updates this match but I doubt Ben & Kota are working double duty
Open The Triangle Gate Titles: Dragon Kid, Punch Tominaga & YAMATO(c) vs Z-Brats (ISHIN, KAI & Yoshiki Kato)
Open The Twin Gate Titles: Alejandro & Kaito Kiyomiya vs Gold Class (Ben-K & Kota Minoura)
Open The Dream Gate Title: Madoka Kikuta(c) vs Luis Mante vs Shun Skywalker
Live on Dragongate Network

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/9:30am GMT/5:30am EST/1:30am PST

Stardom Year End Climax
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Mei Seira vs Yuzuki
Hanan vs HANAKO
Donna del Mondo (Mai Sakurai & Thekla) vs STARS (Hazuki & Saya Iida)
Mina Shirakawa vs Saki Kashima vs Yuna Mizumori
7Upp (Nanae Takahashi & Yuu) vs God's Eye (Ami Sourei & Syuri)
Oedo Tai (Fukigen Death, Momo Watanabe, Natsuko Tora, Rina, Ruaka & Starlight Kid) vs Queen's Quest (AZM, Hina, Lady C, Miyu Amasaki, Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita)
Giulia, Maika & MIRAI vs Megan Bayne, Saori Anou & Suzu Suzuki
Uploaded to Stardom World at some unknown point

Also shows from BJW, Marvelous, Osaka Pro, JWP, Diana, Wave, Heat-Up, 666 & Hot Chouchou

25/12/2023, Monday

FREEDOMS Jun Kasai Produce Blood X-Mas
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Brahman Kei, Brahman Shu & Dobunezumi Fukki vs Gaia Hox, HAKKA & Yuya Susumu
Dragon Libre, GENTARO & Rekka vs Kengo, Tatsuhito Takaiwa & Yusaku Ito
Lucha Extrema Torndo Deathmatch: Daisuke Masaoka, Mammoth Sasaki, Rina Yamashita & Takashi Sasaki vs ERE (Takayuki Ueki & Violento Jack), Sick Boy & X
King of Freedom Tag Team Titles: ERE (Kyu Mogami & Toshiyuki Sakuda)(c) vs Minoru Fujita & Takahiro Katori
Hardcore Match: Jun Kasai vs Jun Masaoka
King of Freedom World Title Christmas With Bloody Snow Deathmatch: Toru Sugiura(c) vs Masashi Takeda
Airs on SamuraiTV 6th January

Stardom New Blood 12
Shinagawa Intercity Hall, Tokyo
Saya Kamitani vs Sayaka Kurara
Ranna Yagami vs Syuri
Hina vs Mei Seira
Chanyota & Mai Sakurai vs Oedo Tai (Rina & Ruaka)
HANAKO & Yuzuki vs Haruka Umesaki & Miyu Amasaki
NEW BLOOD Tag Team Titles: wing gori (Hanan & Saya Iida)(c) vs Ami Sourei & Lady C
Should be on their Youtube

Also show from YMZ

26/12/2023, Tuesday

6pm JST/8pm AEDT/9am GMT/4am EST/1am PST

Dragongate Fantastic Gate Night 12
Sambo Hall, Kobe
Card TBA

27/12/2023, Wednesday

Ganbare Pro Bad Communication 2023
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Munetatsu Nakamura vs Yuko Miyamoto
Banny Oikawa, HARUKAZE & Makoto vs Riara, Sumire Natsu & YuuRI
Arisu Endo vs Yoshiko Hasegawa
Ken Ohka vs Kuma Arashi
GanPro (Mizuki Watase, Shinichiro Tominaga, Takuya Wada, Tyson Maeguchi & Yumehito Imanari) vs GLEAT (Check Shimatani, Jun Tonsho, Kaz Hayashi, Minoru Tanaka & Takanori Ito)
KO-D Tag Team Titles: Romance Dawn (Shota & Soma Takao)(c) vs Keisuke Ishii & Shigehiro Irie
Spirit of Ganbare World Openweight Title: Isami Kodaka(c) vs Shuichiro Katsumura
Live on Wrestle Universe

Also JTO

28/12/2023, Thursday

Show from Marvelous

29/12/2023, Friday

Stardom Dream Queendom 2023
Ryogoku Kokugikan, Tokyo
Azusa Inaba, Miyu Amasaki & Yuzuki vs HANAKO, Ranna Yagami & Sayaka Kurara
Donna del Mondo (Mai Sakurai & Thekla) vs God's Eye (Ami Sourei & Saki Kashima) vs Queen's Quest (Hina & Lady C) vs SAKI & Yuna Mizumori
AZM, Nane Takahashi & Yuu vs Mei Seira, Mina Shirakawa & Syuri
Oedo Tai (Fukigen Death, Rina, Ruaka & Starlight Kid) vs STARS (Hanan, Hazuki, Mayu Iwatani & Saya Iida)
Goddess of Stardom Titles: AphroditE (Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita) vs XL (Momo Watanabe & Natsuko Tora)
NJPW STRONG Women's Title: Giulia(c) vs Megan Bayne
Wonder of Stardom Title: MIRAI(c) vs Saori Anou
World of Stardom Title: Maika vs Suzu Suzuki
Uploaded to Stardom World at some unknown point, Live on PPV

Also shows from 666 & Actwres girlZ

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Tearing down Korakuen would easily be the worst thing to happen to Japan in *pulls out calculator* 78 years.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'd be a huge loss for wrestling as It's cheap to run, has a great location and has the best atmosphere of the smaller buildings

Reminds me I need to get tickets for All Japan on the 3rd

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
no more of the legendary chicken fingers as well

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I will be so mad if we lose Korakuen, but it'd probably be a while before they did it so I could at least feasibly plan a Japan trip.

forkboy84 posted:

Dragongate Final Gate 2023
Fukuoka International Centre, Fukuoka
Daiki Yanagiuchi, Kaito Nagano & Ryoya Tanaka vs Natural Vibes (Jacky Funky Kamei, Jason lee & U-T)
Open The Brave Gate Title: Hyo(c) vs Genki Horiguchi
Don Fujii, Kagetora & Ultimo Dragon vs M3K (Masaaki Mochizuki, Susumu Mochizuki & Yasushi Kanda)
Christmas Special 8 Man Tag, Teams Decided 23/12: Featuring Ben-K*, BIG BOSS Shimizu, BxB Hulk, Kota Minoura*, Kzy, Naruki Doi, Shuji Kondo & Strong Machine J
*Can't find a more recent match that updates this match but I doubt Ben & Kota are working double duty
Open The Triangle Gate Titles: Dragon Kid, Punch Tominaga & YAMATO(c) vs Z-Brats (ISHIN, KAI & Yoshiki Kato)
Open The Twin Gate Titles: Alejandro & Kaito Kiyomiya vs Gold Class (Ben-K & Kota Minoura)
Open The Dream Gate Title: Madoka Kikuta(c) vs Luis Mante vs Shun Skywalker
The updated card has Ultimo & Dia both in the 8-man. I really hope they do Doi Darts to determine the teams.

Ultimo Dragon is being replaced in the 6-man by Problem Dragon lmao

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Bonk posted:

I will be so mad if we lose Korakuen, but it'd probably be a while before they did it so I could at least feasibly plan a Japan trip.

The updated card has Ultimo & Dia both in the 8-man. I really hope they do Doi Darts to determine the teams.

Ultimo Dragon is being replaced in the 6-man by Problem Dragon lmao

Not convinced that's a down grade

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Daiki is also out due to illness, so Shachi will be replacing him.

Flu's going around. On the upside, Hyo is feeling better.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Oh Taka you madman

https://twitter.com/JamieOD/status/1738481496552288426

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

That's impressive, if only because I only know 18 people from that field. And I mean that in the broadest sense of know

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/alljapan_pw/status/1738575201011400726?t=bo55wQdf7z2GXqoZuRaLlA&s=19

What? So many questions.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

lol, loving dumbasses.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wider implications aside, who would it even be? Like, if it's just some random college sports meathead then it makes AJPW look even more low rent than their current position, and who's even in NXT that would be a big-ish deal? It can't be Dragunov or Dragon Lee because WWE aren't gonna let their champions do the job.

...it's gonna be Beepie, isn't it?

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

forkboy84 posted:

That's impressive, if only because I only know 18 people from that field. And I mean that in the broadest sense of know

How is TAKA himself not in this?

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Gaz-L posted:

Wider implications aside, who would it even be? Like, if it's just some random college sports meathead then it makes AJPW look even more low rent than their current position, and who's even in NXT that would be a big-ish deal? It can't be Dragunov or Dragon Lee because WWE aren't gonna let their champions do the job.

Probably Gulak.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

It's probably gonna be Gulak, Dempsey, or Damon Kemp.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Drew Gulak maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Who had an All Japan skit featuring members of the Actwres roster announcing a WWE guy for a Triple Crown title match on their bingo card?