Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

mawarannahr posted:

apparently you have to pay for plex features and it's not open source. there's also an option to pay a guy on Reddit $5 a month. great!

i agree it is cringe to gloat about using proprietary software taht is tailored to make it easy for end users lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
a while ago i did some really weird poo poo with one of the seedboxes on a russian oil derrick, rsync, and some hosed up vlc plugins

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

SirPablo posted:

Consumer choice.

Really though, some of you just want one option, back to the days of cable?

Back to the bound book.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

If you don't want to pay for Plex Pass look into Jellyfin, which is open source and does many of the same things.

Jellyfin forked from Emby, which I still use for the moment. Emby hasn't collapsed yet but it is going the closed source with monetization path, hence the fork.

Emby is alright. The metadata tagging is less robust than Plex. This could potentially be fixed, but I haven't sat down to work it out because my collection isn't large enough where it's a dealbreaker.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

I just watch wildlife documentaries on WatchFree

A couple days ago I watched several lionesses rip the ballsack off a zebra before eating it alive butthole first

please don’t watch my homegroan

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

If you don't want to pay for Plex Pass look into Jellyfin, which is open source and does many of the same things.

I've been using Jellyfin for the last year. Not quite as robust as Plex far as music playback goes, but it's Good Enough(TM)

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

A couple days ago I watched several lionesses rip the ballsack off a zebra before eating it alive butthole first

nature is beautiful :blessed:

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

I’m Joyn Kocowa

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

you can just steal TV. it's okay

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

you can just steal TVs. it's okay

that's right

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

err posted:

You're telling me that having Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Disney+, Apple TV+, HBO Max, Peacock, Paramount+, YouTube Premium, ESPN+, Crunchyroll, Twitch, FuboTV, Sling TV, Philo, Vudu, Tubi, Crave, BritBox, Acorn TV, Kanopy, Discovery+, Shudder, DC Universe Infinite, Funimation, VRV, STARZ, Showtime, Epix Now, AMC+, CBS All Access (now Paramount+), BET+, Redbox, Plex, Quibi, Hoopla, The Roku Channel, Xumo, Hayu, Hallmark Movies Now, Mubi, Sundance Now, Criterion Channel, NBC Sports Gold, Discovery+ (formerly Dplay), Viaplay, Slingbox, Freeform, Pluto TV, Peacock Premium, Apple Music, Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music Unlimited, YouTube Music, Deezer, SoundCloud, Bandcamp, iHeartRadio, Napster, Qobuz, SiriusXM, Audible, Scribd, ComiXology Unlimited, MagellanTV, Tubi Kids, PureFlix, Cinemax, ESPN3, CBS Sports HQ, Stadium, CuriosityStream, Peacock Premium Plus, DC Universe, WWE Network, DAZN, ESPN Player, Crunchyroll Premium, Viki, Funimation Now, Crunchyroll VRV, VRV Premium, VRV Select, YouTube TV, AT&T TV Now, Philo Edu, ESPN College Extra, NFL Game Pass, NHL.tv, NBA League Pass, MLB.TV, Peacock Premium Plus, Red Bull TV, Tastemade, TBN, Alamo On Demand, BFI Player, BritBox UK, Cinémoi, ESPN Play, ESPN Player, ESPN Play, Fox Nation, Hayu Canada, Joyn, Kocowa, Motortrend On Demand, Pantaya, PBS Masterpiece, Peacock TV, Rakuten Viki, Shout! Factory TV, Screambox, Smithsonian Channel Plus, Starzplay Arabia, Stingray Qello, Sundance Now, Tubi Kids, and YuppTV is unsustainable for consumers?

don’t forget Endorphin Port

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I boycott everything and watch the loving stars at night from my weed smoking window you motherfuckerrrrrrsss*!!!

*entertainment company ceos not humble goons trying to watch ds9 alone

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

err posted:

You're telling me that having Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Disney+, Apple TV+, HBO Max, Peacock, Paramount+, YouTube Premium, ESPN+, Crunchyroll, Twitch, FuboTV, Sling TV, Philo, Vudu, Tubi, Crave, BritBox, Acorn TV, Kanopy, Discovery+, Shudder, DC Universe Infinite, Funimation, VRV, STARZ, Showtime, Epix Now, AMC+, CBS All Access (now Paramount+), BET+, Redbox, Plex, Quibi, Hoopla, The Roku Channel, Xumo, Hayu, Hallmark Movies Now, Mubi, Sundance Now, Criterion Channel, NBC Sports Gold, Discovery+ (formerly Dplay), Viaplay, Slingbox, Freeform, Pluto TV, Peacock Premium, Apple Music, Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music Unlimited, YouTube Music, Deezer, SoundCloud, Bandcamp, iHeartRadio, Napster, Qobuz, SiriusXM, Audible, Scribd, ComiXology Unlimited, MagellanTV, Tubi Kids, PureFlix, Cinemax, ESPN3, CBS Sports HQ, Stadium, CuriosityStream, Peacock Premium Plus, DC Universe, WWE Network, DAZN, ESPN Player, Crunchyroll Premium, Viki, Funimation Now, Crunchyroll VRV, VRV Premium, VRV Select, YouTube TV, AT&T TV Now, Philo Edu, ESPN College Extra, NFL Game Pass, NHL.tv, NBA League Pass, MLB.TV, Peacock Premium Plus, Red Bull TV, Tastemade, TBN, Alamo On Demand, BFI Player, BritBox UK, Cinémoi, ESPN Play, ESPN Player, ESPN Play, Fox Nation, Hayu Canada, Joyn, Kocowa, Motortrend On Demand, Pantaya, PBS Masterpiece, Peacock TV, Rakuten Viki, Shout! Factory TV, Screambox, Smithsonian Channel Plus, Starzplay Arabia, Stingray Qello, Sundance Now, Tubi Kids, and YuppTV is unsustainable for consumers?

I’m also Max Peacock, Mubi Sundance and Premium Viki

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Max Beecock

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

that's why they want to send everyone else to space and keep earth as a playground. the article says as much

P sure that's literally what they did in Gundam

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

You need to keep setting yourself on fire so you don't catch fire.

Edit: meant for the covid thread

BCR has issued a correction as of 06:54 on Dec 21, 2023

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!
Some Wells Fargo locations have voted to unionize and now the company is spreading propaganda:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WellsFargo...nt=share_button

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

why would people spend $6k a year to meet hookups? Or is tinder different from how it started?

6k a year is nothing to the premium™ consumer

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Azuth0667 posted:

Back to the bound book.

society today has too much Plex, and not enough ple-asure of turning a page and reading the written word

Ne Cede Malis
Aug 30, 2008

err posted:

i wish this could be a thread title

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/HELLLLHOOOOLE/status/1737690259364917351

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

euphronius posted:

with rates going down at least that means houses will be more affordable

https://packaged-media.redd.it/59bc...081ae39452c#t=0

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Yes yes we know you love it

i fear the libs are winning, we need a correction.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

RadiRoot posted:

lol wtf is redbull tv

That poo poo that’s on at bars that just shows people on skateboards crushing their nuts on railings.

You know, the stuff that gives the people drinking alone at 2 pm a reason to lean over to you and say “you see that? Oh man.”

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

life in Joe biden's America

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mr. Pizza posted:

life in Joe biden's America

I own a home but I’m trapped in it, and working a job I hate to pay my mortgage.

And I feel grateful.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

FizFashizzle posted:

I own a home but I’m trapped in it, and working a job I hate to pay my mortgage.

And I feel grateful.

*reads this post and then leans over to the guy next to him*

"you see this? oh man"

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Smythe posted:

i agree it is cringe to gloat about using proprietary software taht is tailored to make it easy for end users lol

With Overseerr you could even make a user friendly front end for requesting new stuff. If it were tied into other arr automation it would basically be a one click process to have a new video/whatever appear on Plex/jellyfin in a few minutes.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

SKULL.GIF posted:

Stop, stop! You had me at ballsack!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

SKULL.GIF posted:

is this a cry for help or a threat?

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

And I feel grateful.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
my old employer ran his company to the ground and got bought out by south koreans but everyone who was holding shares got them nulled, or they're worth zero dollars now, how does that work, I thought when a publicly traded company goes private they would have to at least buy a major portion of the available shares

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Honest Thief posted:

my old employer ran his company to the ground and got bought out by south koreans but everyone who was holding shares got them nulled, or they're worth zero dollars now, how does that work, I thought when a publicly traded company goes private they would have to at least buy a major portion of the available shares

did they file chapter 11 before the buyout?

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

Can't wait for the "Where are the buyers?!?!" articles from the Geniuses Of Our Time economists that thought all we needed was a cut of a few percent, less than a thousand dollars, to the price of a mortgage for a median home for a new renaissance in prosperity.

"Number went down, why did other number not go up? I think consumers are too stupid to understand opportunity and possibly want to punish Joe Biden. It couldn't be that there is little material difference in $2800 at 7.5% and $2300 at 5%. In fact when house prices increase 50% more like we are predicting that median house would have a monthly payment of $3,200 which is a steal compared to the current 7.5% $4,200!!!!"

the economy is in shambles and people are barely not homeless right now as the prices of everything keeps increasing so I don't see where all of this extra house money is coming from. Capital refuses to increase the size of the pie and there are a lot of hands grabbing at it.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Rectal Death Alert posted:

the economy is in shambles and people are barely not homeless right now as the prices of everything keeps increasing so I don't see where all of this extra house money is coming from. Capital refuses to increase the size of the pie and there are a lot of hands grabbing at it.

If you have questions about this important topic, as always, feel free to ask your manager or someone else in the company leadership.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

biden could provide relief through a cash for clunkers but for boomers offloading their mcmansions to subsidized banks

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Honest Thief posted:

iirc shareholders* come last among creditors

*unsecured ones I think? like there’s a rich people option of course that protects their money, but not for us

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Red Baron posted:

*unsecured ones I think? like there’s a rich people option of course that protects their money, but not for us

yes, but in a normal public -> private buyout shareholders are compensated, even if pennies on the dollar as with Credit Suisse. this sounds like it would have been bankruptcy & liquidation, followed by a buyout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

webcams for christ posted:

did they file chapter 11 before the buyout?

nope, this was a buyout to prevent a bankruptcy, unless they basically liquidated everything to just pay debts

Red Baron posted:

hmmm but still you'd expect a premium or at the very least something, unless they sold the company at zero cost??