Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
MJF was the ostensible babyface in that segment, I feel the need to point out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

gently caress yeah. I hate this poo poo and take a huge dump on it right now.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Shard posted:

poo poo lets add that segment to the pile because if MJF the face world champ thinks that made the audience think Swerve wasn't on his level bad job. If it's supposed to make me hate MJF every time he's on my television and want swerve to be world champ then great job I guess.

Swerve is going to be champion sooner rather than later it seems.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

MJF was the ostensible babyface in that segment, I feel the need to point out.

does it feel to you like he's trying to go for Rock circa 99 - 01? Just still being the heel but is actually the babyface and talks down to all his opponents? Because I liked that when I was 14 but think back to it as being poo poo. And MJF doesn't have the flow of Rock from that time. Everything feels so drawn out

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

dynamite was good matches and terrible promo poo poo which seems par for the course lately

the little confrontation between mjf and swerve did no favors to either man, hopefully if they feud it'll be mostly matches and not talking because woof

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

ChrisBTY posted:

I think it's just that his reign is wearing thin and there's not much left to say.

I'm guessing its also a lot of treading water before AEW can start an angle about him looking to gently caress off to the WWE with the AEW title.

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT
MJF: Swerve, there are levels to this place...

Swerve: What's that? I couldn't hear you from down there. Could you get a step ladder, or something?

Max is a good poo poo talker, but he's still 5'11". He needs to poo poo talk from a long, safe distance, or behind Samoa Joe. Not face to face with guys who tower over him. He'd need a good year and half of beating guys brutally before I'd buy him as a Swerve level badass, and Swerve's not even quite in the top tier of scary dudes that AEW has!

JFC.

Accidentally made Swerve look like the star, and Max look like... gently caress, I don't know what that was supposed to do for him.

This whole run has made Max look weak, and only the world champ because other belts have literally lapped his for importance.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

I've been fast forwarding every time MJF is on screen for about a month now. I have now idea what happened tonight, but lol that it's still apparently abhorrent.

No exaggeration, he's the worst thing in wrestling

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
always said he was a Miz who can't talk . . .

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Fish Of Doom posted:

I've been fast forwarding every time MJF is on screen for about a month now.
How did you last so long?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
The way they've told the devil story the only logical person it could be is MJF and that's also the crappiest and most boring option.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The only good wrestling mystery angle was Charlie Brown From Outta Town

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The last time I thought a wrestling mystery was this direly dragged out, it took 3 months for the first person in Aces & Eights to have a match and be unmasked. This is officially 2 weeks longer than that one

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

The last time I thought a wrestling mystery was this direly dragged out, it took 3 months for the first person in Aces & Eights to have a match and be unmasked. This is officially 2 weeks longer than that one

oh god is it really because I remember at the time that one felt forever. Well I guess so has this!

NutShellBill posted:

Max is a good poo poo talker, but he's still 5'11". He needs to poo poo talk from a long, safe distance, or behind Samoa Joe. Not face to face with guys who tower over him.

This is really it. Max is terrible at talking poo poo these days because he always goes to the well of I'm actually better than you and everyone knows it - except he's the babyface and we're supposed to think he really thinks that against guys like Jay White, Hangman Page, Samoa Joe and now Swerve Strickland. My man MJF - those dudes don't make me want to turn off the tv.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Babyface Max was an obvious mistake before they did it and it gets worse each day it goes on. Never should have happened.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

Babyface Max was an obvious mistake before they did it and it gets worse each day it goes on. Never should have happened.

The thing is - it could have worked. Hell I did like his developing friendship with Adam especially up to All In. But his character has become stale, and as his challengers become more and more credible his usual crap about acting like they aren't on his level is just dumb. Like when he said Jay you really think you're on my level and loses his mind. That works when he's a heel and talks poo poo about Bryan Danielson but not as a face.

I honestly don't know how much more I can type about it - I am just tired of his act.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the whiplash from those 2 amazing matches to start into the devil stuff that makes less and less sense every week was enough to make me turn the show off last night. missed out on mox/jay but there's worse things in life to miss. three way is really stupid too but the match should be good at least

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Refusing to pivot on an angle soured by injuries? Gee golly, that's always been a recipe for success historically!!!!

Oh wait

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Adam Cole twisted his ankle at Grand Slam and they still can't get out of it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

Refusing to pivot on an angle soured by injuries? Gee golly, that's always been a recipe for success historically!!!!

Oh wait

look Tony already had like 100 devil goon jackets printed, he was already invested!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

MJF gave an interview on the "Solomonster Sounds Off" podcast and uh bad news for those of us who have criticisms and critiques of the show these days.

quote:

Yeah, well, here's why. I'm actually going to relate this to Judaism, because I'm very good at my job. When you think about why people hate us and why we constantly get attacked, it's because we're different and being different makes people uncomfortable.

I genuinely feel the reason that a lot of the time you'll find a lot of.. and don't get me wrong, there was most certainly constructive criticism online, genuinely.. but you'll find a lot of non-constructive criticism online. Just wild irredeemably messed up sh*t that people are saying that is either untrue Or just mean, you know? And I think the reason that's happening is Monday Night Raw is the longest reigning episodic television show of all time. We have only been around for what, four and a half years? That's new, that's different, and what's different.. different scares people.

So I actually do agree for once with Tony Khan's assessment [AEW being the 'challenger brand' to WWE] and I think that's the issue. I think the issue is that we're fresh. We're new. We feel dangerous to people - and I kind of get off on that, because I get to be the World Champion of that danger and that change, just like I get to be a champion of the Jewish people."

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

projecthalaxy posted:

MJF gave an interview on the "Solomonster Sounds Off" podcast and uh bad news for those of us who have criticisms and critiques of the show these days.

Sir the question was “is this your handwriting?”

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I think it'd be cool if two masked guys beat Joe and MJF for the tag titles and we don't know who they are for awhile. If it's not obvious.

But next week could be a bait and switch like the last time they advertised the match, so...

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

projecthalaxy posted:

Nothing he said was false (besides "we're hated because different scares people," which, lol) but tying his faith into defense of his employer is kinda gross

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Shard posted:

The thing is - it could have worked. Hell I did like his developing friendship with Adam especially up to All In. But his character has become stale, and as his challengers become more and more credible his usual crap about acting like they aren't on his level is just dumb. Like when he said Jay you really think you're on my level and loses his mind. That works when he's a heel and talks poo poo about Bryan Danielson but not as a face.

I honestly don't know how much more I can type about it - I am just tired of his act.

MJF as a face was entertaining when he was learning the power of friendship. Now he's a babyface that is just being a dick to people for no reason and we're supposed to cheer that?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

yea ok posted:

three way is really stupid too but the match should be good at least

feel like theyre doing this cause it allows for a semifinal not to be a straight rematch, why theyre not just doing A1 vs B2 and A2 vs B1 for the semis instead to avoid this problem entirely i dont know

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dango Bango posted:

MJF as a face was entertaining when he was learning the power of friendship. Now he's a babyface that is just being a dick to people for no reason and we're supposed to cheer that?

Sounds like WWE ads booking

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

The Devil is gonna be Rikishi isn't it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

no

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
whew that's a relief

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

AEWs most important tournament has no pillars.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
MJF's the champ, Sammy's hurt/on paternity leave, JB's the devil (probably), Darby's climbing Mount Everest. It wasn't a matter of them being purposefully excluded.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Barry Bluejeans posted:

MJF's the champ, Sammy's hurt/on paternity leave, JB's the devil (probably), Darby's climbing Mount Everest.

jfk blown away!!!!!!!!!!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That DICK! posted:

jfk blown away!!!!!!!!!!

did you just find out about the kennedy assassination???

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
"Who's the Devil" - total snore
Kenny's guts broke him more
Friends of Adam Cole-a wars
I can't take it anymore

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Barry Bluejeans posted:

MJF's the champ, Sammy's hurt/on paternity leave, JB's the devil (probably), Darby's climbing Mount Everest. It wasn't a matter of them being purposefully excluded.

Sammy's cleared medically, but with as rough a last couple months as Tay had with her pregnancy, yeah, it ain't Sammy. He's at home where he needs to be, maybe until after Revolution.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Okada doesn't do stupid grab-rear end masked man storylines during the G1. Just sayin'.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Jack Perry should switch to longboys and start bringing balloons to the ring

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I think it's generous to call two of them pillars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted: