Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
I saw PP is inviting this guy onto The PPShow, goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Wow we must be super close to Teddy if the plan administrator is talking like this. Wish I could buy more shares of bbbyq

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I feel sympathy for this plan admin and the very predictable threats he and his family will be facing from apes in the near future. They are treating this guy like he’s a gatekeeper for their delusions and he doesn’t seem to understand the psychosis he is engaging with

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I saw PP is inviting this guy onto The PPShow, goddamn

There's no way he would go on there. (PP is counting on this)

WHICH MEANS HE'S HIDING SOMETHING

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

There's no way he would go on there. (PP is counting on this)

WHICH MEANS HE'S HIDING SOMETHING

He seems pretty naive about the cult that has built up around this company (I can't blame him for that, it's not a thing that should exist and he's probably a pre-internet brain that can't conceive of something this dumb). I also have no idea if PP actually told him it would be a recorded and broadcasted show, he might have just asked to arrange a zoom meeting. I could 100% see this guy getting ambushed for the sake of PPShow content.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

The exact mechanism by which the apes will become rich is extremely nebulous by design. They talk about MOASS as though it is a concrete and well-developed theory because it would be better for them if it was. However, while they do have established answers for most questions one might ask about it, those answers are not derived from a single consistent theory. Instead they are each individually codified within ape lore and exist in a vacuum, sometimes contradicting each other.

For example, if you were to ask an ape a few questions about how shares in this new company could possibly make them rich despite short sellers of the previous stock having no responsibilities to the new one, they would probably give you an answer related to the alternative form of MOASS in which Ryan Cohen merges BBBY, GameStop, and other companies into a new retail juggernaut that becomes worth thousands of dollars per share simply because that is its value. In this case, Ryan would simply give the apes who used to hold BBBY shares an equivalent number of shares in the new company as an act of kindness and a show of thanks. That same ape may also answer other questions by alluding to the value of the company’s NOLs as a source of value, or by implying that the old short interest somehow still applies, despite the three answers being incompatible.

In short, there is no single explanation of how MOASS is actually supposed to work that makes sense because it is a fantasy. The answer to any given question about it is whatever would be best for apes. If you think it makes no sense and contradicts a previous answer, you just didn’t read the DD closely enough.

Nov 6, 2002

Serious_Cyclone posted:

He seems pretty naive about the cult that has built up around this company (I can't blame him for that, it's not a thing that should exist and he's probably a pre-internet brain that can't conceive of something this dumb). I also have no idea if PP actually told him it would be a recorded and broadcasted show, he might have just asked to arrange a zoom meeting. I could 100% see this guy getting ambushed for the sake of PPShow content.

yeah but none of the answers he gives would be good for pp's grift

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
I'm not a shortseller this is a lie.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Boxturret posted:

I'm not a shortseller this is a lie.

You're selling yourself short.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

yeah but none of the answers he gives would be good for pp's grift

Not on their face, but when you read between the lines you can see that the constant, escalating exasperation this guy has with trying to explain how a bankrupt company no longer exists and its shares are considered worthless and deleted from record and there's no coming back from the ch11 wind-down and Ryan Cohen is utterly non-involved and why are you even bringing up Carl Icahn and no I don't want to buy shares of PHM is actually quite bullish

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Not on their face, but when you read between the lines you can see that the constant, escalating exasperation this guy has with trying to explain how a bankrupt company no longer exists and its shares are considered worthless and deleted from record and there's no coming back from the ch11 wind-down and Ryan Cohen is utterly non-involved and why are you even bringing up Carl Icahn and no I don't want to buy shares of PHM is actually quite bullish

lol, I followed the thread to what appears to be PP's new stomping-grounds, r/teddy, where he literally says this:

PP posted:

Let’s get him on the show and get his responses live on air, facial expressions, body language tells a lot more than an email back and forth.

He wants this dude on the show explicitly for anything he has to offer except the words coming out of his mouth. Any twitch, any shrug, and break out those alpha/beta vertical line diagrams for the body language

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Neito posted:

They own NaN amount of BBBY stock, as they own nothing, and there is no BBBY stock, and 0/0 is a div by zero error.

No, you see, 0/0 is a double impossibility this you don’t get error you get infinity dollars. Stop spreading FUD.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ariong posted:

The exact mechanism by which the apes will become rich is extremely nebulous by design.

They shouldn't be called apes, they should be called underpants gnomes.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
The plan admin responded he would not go on the show. Which is probably very smart.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

The plan admin responded "What? You guys have a show for this thing? Why? Who are you people?!?!". Which is probably very smart.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Serious_Cyclone posted:

He wants this dude on the show explicitly for anything he has to offer except the words coming out of his mouth. Any twitch, any shrug, and break out those alpha/beta vertical line diagrams for the body language

That does make sense. When all solid evidence 100% in clear language says your shares are none existent and your ideas are delusion, simple go for none solid evidence which is super easy to distort however you want.

Popete posted:

The plan admin responded he would not go on the show. Which is probably very smart.

I mean yeah, why would he. He's literally said as clear as he possibly can what the situation is, and it's very obvious there people are a bunch of crazies so it's not like there's any possible way he can clarify any further, it would just open him up to more questions.

"Hi I just have a quick 37 follow up questions in regrds to your interview
1) So at 24.35 min in your interview you blinked after you were asked about cohens involvement, was this blink, should we take this blink to me that the answer you gave that cohen has no involvement was actually false and he is actually heavily involved, as this ties in to when you blinked twice during your answer to...
"

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Dec 21, 2023

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Popete posted:

Unless he’s required to respond he should just block them tbh. Conspiracy nutters are entirely capable of violence.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
You can't reason people out of what they didn't reason themselves into. People's understanding of business and economics is pretty shaky at the best of times thanks to generations of quite deliberate miseducation, and that's before you get motivated reasoning involved. Much like SovCits for law and alternative medicine kooks for medicine, it's all a game of using random terms they don't understand and free-form mythology to convince themselves they have the secret keys to the world.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

coolusername posted:

If it makes you feel better, whenever I post stuff I am very much avoiding the horrifying misogyny, doxxing, harassment against any criticism - anyone still involved in the community is very much someone who should be mocked. ex. the time they went after some poor retail manager.
Oh don't get me wrong, I have no sympathy for these idiots. But it's gotten to the point where it's more cringe inducing than funny. Especially when they drag others down with them.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
For me the funniest thing is that the "MOASS" actually did happen! Roaringkitty or whatever his Reddit username is notices that GME was massively shorted, and that sales and therefore the stock price rose whenever a new console generation hit, which was soon. So he buys a bunch of positions, is proven right and then posts a video congratulating himself on making an admittedly very astute call, and then disappears from the internet.

The problem is that a bunch of Reddit idiots bought at the top of the market and started asking when they were going to get their free money. 3 years later we have people scouring children's books for clues. It is amazing.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

exmachina posted:

Roaringkitty

Deep loving Value, Roaring Kitty was another handle he used that the media used because they didn't want to say loving.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

pixaal posted:

Deep loving Value, Roaring Kitty was another handle he used that the media used because they didn't want to say loving.

Yeah his YouTube was roaring kitty iirc.

I don't think he has posted on r/wsb or any of its derivatives since he cashed up, I imagine he is laughing at the dumbass bagholders he left behind

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

exmachina posted:

Yeah his YouTube was roaring kitty iirc.

I don't think he has posted on r/wsb or any of its derivatives since he cashed up, I imagine he is laughing at the dumbass bagholders he left behind

I think he's abandoned all social media, cus he basically realized "These people are going to come for my loving family soon".

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

https://x.com/ThePPseedsShow/status/1737951831215493131?s=20

Pretty good monster infighting going on in the towel sphere. Apparently there's been a schism within the apes and Kais (actual crazy person) is making his own alternative webshow called Power to the Players TV (PPTV).

https://x.com/ThePPseedsShow/status/1737936895378694526?s=20

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

The danger zone wherein your wife changing money becomes off your husband money?

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Who could have seen this coming?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I'm still mildly gobsmacked by the "kais filed a trademark for the pp show" revelation, which checks notes occurred at the end of September.

that's an impressive combination of dastardliness + presence of mind I didn't think Kais had.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Looks like they are about to show their last pee-pee.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Dec 22, 2023

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Wherein the grifters grift each other

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Fate Accomplice posted:

I'm still mildly gobsmacked by the "kais filed a trademark for the pp show" revelation, which checks notes occurred at the end of September.

that's an impressive combination of dastardliness + presence of mind I didn't think Kais had.

ppseeds actually gave him the rights to it.

this all happened end of september when the shares were canceled and I'm guessing pp thought he could palm off any upcoming lawsuits from duped apes onto the 'owner' of the ppshow, kais.

turns out kais is now pulte's little henchman and is happy to pummel pp because he has the backing of a millionaire sociopath

Nov 6, 2002

An Army of PP

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Paladinus posted:

Looks like they are about to show their last pee-pee.

But I don’t want to look at Pee-Pee TV (Good Lord, I simply cannot get past that it sounds like something a “problem” first grader would make up).

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

https://old.reddit.com/r/BBBY/comments/18nxadz/posting_since_it_wasnt_yet_interpret_how_you_want/

Plan administrator was contacted by another ape and responded with a reality check about BBBY's non-future, and then also a cease and desist letter from his law office. Which is probably the absolute worst way to handle this, but I don't expect rando plan administrator guy to be aware of just how nutso and organized the apes are or how best to handle internet psychos. Discontent with the plan administrator is growing among the apes as he begins to be cast as the guy getting in the way of their billions of dollars instead of the guy who is just carrying out the wind-down of a ch11 bankruptcy that was spelled out in no uncertain terms months ago. I am genuinely concerned that they are going to turn their attention to terrorizing this guy.

Nov 6, 2002

If only someone knew what was going on!

- a common ape refrain

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Trillhouse posted:

https://x.com/ThePPseedsShow/status/1737951831215493131?s=20

Pretty good monster infighting going on in the towel sphere. Apparently there's been a schism within the apes and Kais (actual crazy person) is making his own alternative webshow called Power to the Players TV (PPTV).

https://x.com/ThePPseedsShow/status/1737936895378694526?s=20

Has anything further come out about why kais has a nasty case of meth mouth going on

Cuz like drat

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Serious_Cyclone posted:

https://old.reddit.com/r/BBBY/comments/18nxadz/posting_since_it_wasnt_yet_interpret_how_you_want/

Plan administrator was contacted by another ape and responded with a reality check about BBBY's non-future, and then also a cease and desist letter from his law office. Which is probably the absolute worst way to handle this, but I don't expect rando plan administrator guy to be aware of just how nutso and organized the apes are or how best to handle internet psychos. Discontent with the plan administrator is growing among the apes as he begins to be cast as the guy getting in the way of their billions of dollars instead of the guy who is just carrying out the wind-down of a ch11 bankruptcy that was spelled out in no uncertain terms months ago. I am genuinely concerned that they are going to turn their attention to terrorizing this guy.

maybe some kind soul should fire off an email explaining to him what he's dealing with?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

LordArgh posted:

maybe some kind soul should fire off an email explaining to him what he's dealing with?

That occurred to me, but OTOH it's probably best to just not get involved at all. God forbid you end up getting entangled into a Ape v. Reality legal dispute because you ended up in this guy's mailbox, or worse, he decided to forward you to the ape.

Anathematic
Jan 1, 2011

Amazing Zimmo posted:

ppseeds actually gave him the rights to it.

this all happened end of september when the shares were canceled and I'm guessing pp thought he could palm off any upcoming lawsuits from duped apes onto the 'owner' of the ppshow, kais.

turns out kais is now pulte's little henchman and is happy to pummel pp because he has the backing of a millionaire sociopath

I think he just didn't want to get doxxed. (But was then doxxed within the next few days anyway, so gg PP.)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Are these the same apes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

My wife's friend ordered three Switch games from GameStop for her boys for Christmas and they just opened them up and all three were empty lol.