Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

lol at jimpjorps using a ten year old preprint to try to prove his point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Is he still on that all meat diet?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I thought Moore's Law was only the released products on the market, too, not the cutting edge of technology, and that they sometimes sat on their best stuff while the not as good stuff was still selling. So, not even a rate of technology thing but a capitalism thing.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Dr. Lunchables posted:

He’s right that Moores law predicts something wildly incorrect though. Hell, he didn’t even misread the graph.

Ah, but if we assume that life doubles in complexity every day, we can show that life on earth began some time in November of this year. Check my maths; I think you'll find it is flawless. I even have a graph with some very scientific-looking numbers on it.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Tiggum posted:

Ah, but if we assume that life doubles in complexity every day, we can show that life on earth began some time in November of this year. Check my maths; I think you'll find it is flawless. I even have a graph with some very scientific-looking numbers on it.

The graph does show that. As long as you don’t claim anything beyond restating what the graph shows, then you’re safely in the “technically correct” column.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Laws in science are just scientists sending memoranda to each other that are like “hey I noticed this thing happening pretty consistently. thought u might want to know :3”.

They’re not enforced by interdimensional time cops or anything like that. A lot of them are essentially rules of thumb that we know are broken all the time, they’re just a good start in looking at whatever phenomenon they were coined to describe.

Because this is page 2020, I present Farr’s Law as an example that should not have been taken as the word of God.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 05:56 on Dec 21, 2023

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Fun fact: Jorps is related by marriage to legendary silicon designer Jim Keller.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

canyoneer posted:

Fun fact: Jorps is related by marriage to legendary silicon designer Jim Keller.

We have different definitions of fun, I suspect

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Forgive the Bluesky post.

https://bsky.app/profile/birdrespecter.bsky.social/post/3kgzvreafkk2w

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
screenshot your skeets please

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RichLeighton/status/1736056491780473196

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Laserjet 4P posted:

screenshot your skeets please

I forgot how many years ago. Every other app let's you choose a picture from your phone's gallery. Dunno why Awful App doesn't.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i think awful app recently added that you need to add your imgur account in order to update to imgur, would that be a bug?

bsky post in question:

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Probably a visit from the secret service champ.

"Excuse me sir. I think you should be murdered. What do you say to THAT?

(Ps please respond)"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

lol they blocked me for some reason

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Roblo posted:

(Ps please respond)"

let's see how the Duke boy gets out of this one

*crashes confederate tesla into whitehouse gate, bursting into flames*

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Alan Smithee posted:

lol they blocked me for some reason

its a tweet repeating the joke of the accompanying meme which says "days since classified documents leaked on war thubder forums" with a big counter that says 0000

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

i do see the embed and can even see replies but there's are blocked out

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Those Goddamn Rainbows Are At It Again

Early merry christmas, everyone

https://twitter.com/everydaylouie/status/1737645189639143736?s=20

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

This is hilariously terrifying

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Lots of dead toads in that vid

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i think awful app recently added that you need to add your imgur account in order to update to imgur, would that be a bug?

bsky post in question:

His son is publicly hung though

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

So Toad is the son of Peach and Mario? Wow, that actually explains a whole lot.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Roblo posted:

(Ps please respond)"

Man who is only known for driving the General Lee accusing another of deserving death for treason?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Grassy Knowles posted:

Man who is only known for driving the General Lee accusing another of deserving death for treason?

As Abugadu pointed out, the guy doesn't want the President killed, he just wants Biden to post hog.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bsky post in question:

We know hunter is so it doesn't seem unlikely that they both are

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Those Goddamn Rainbows Are At It Again

Lobok posted:

Man's eaten a lot of dubious mushrooms in his time, not even the god who abandoned him knows the twists and turns of his DNA

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Lobok posted:

no, peach got immaculately concepted, haven't you read the holy words?

toad is our lord and savior, son of God

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Is it still cannon that all the Bowser kids are Peach's?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
"Apparently" the Koopa Kids were never intended to be Bowser's children :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Who knows better, Nintendo? You, a large software and hardware company which has existed for over 100 years, or 8 year old me, a boy who definitely knew that the Kopa Kids were Bowser's children?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

one day we will have an all-toad christmas album and it will be the only thing I play during the holidays for the rest of my life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RtI5UEZlzU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Large Testicles posted:

no, peach got immaculately concepted, haven't you read the holy words?

toad is our lord and savior, son of God

Immaculate conception was Peach being created free of original sin. This is a virgin Toad birth.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Lobok posted:

Immaculate conception was Peach being created free of original sin. This is a virgin Toad birth.

yeah i wouldn't actually know, i've never read the bible

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

"Apparently" the Koopa Kids were never intended to be Bowser's children :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Who knows better, Nintendo? You, a large software and hardware company which has existed for over 100 years, or 8 year old me, a boy who definitely knew that the Kopa Kids were Bowser's children?

Just checked in with my ten year old son and he says you are 100% correct.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Huh, I just got an email from Deviant Art. Won a $25 credit to spend there because apparently "virgin Toad birth" was their secret phrase of the day.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/legotrillermoth/status/1737667844060348742

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Toad is a great prophet, for sure, but Sonic is the true messiah

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
The koopa kids are Bowser's kids and sharks are smooth

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

grittyreboot posted:

Is he still on that all meat diet?

He's still in that medically induced coma in Eastern Europe to get him benzos.

We're all living in his coma dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

bsky post in question:

Goddammit Bo, now we have to bring in Coy and Vance Duke again