Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

And BMW driver's get DUI's at more than twice the rate of any other car driver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Zero One posted:

Piss on you! I'm working for Mel Brooks!

NOT IN THE FACE!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

davidspackage posted:

I bet that tastes great coming back up
Nope, sure doesn't.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Canuckistan posted:

I skipped my prom to go drinking in the woods with some buddies. However, the next year I took my girlfriend to her prom. We've been married for over 25 years now.

Late to prom talk but here is my prom photo

Me and my date met at a school trip to see Phantom of the Opera and I thought it was romantic and cool. It was not well received.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Masks are cool

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

I'm trying to remember anything about high school prom and I don't know if we even had one? I don't recall any discussion, announcements, posters, etc about it at all. (I'm assuming it happened somewhere and I was just too weird/poor for anyone to bother looping me in.)

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I ditched my prom date to go get trashed in the rain sorry chelsea

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
My closeted twink rear end went with the biggest girl rugby player on the team. Claire. She was super nice. We were perfect covers for each other in that hick poo poo hole we grew up in. She had a girlfriend and was playing college ball last time I saw her around town a decade ago. I should see what she's up to.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I went to prom with a friend that another friend later married and had a kid with and there was enough time between the kid and the marriage that the kid was definitely not the cause of the marriage.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Goons have been reliving prom memories from 20+ years ago for four pages now.

https://i.imgur.com/6KuBaTz.mp4

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Trabant posted:

It's better than a clip that somehow manages to be faker than this classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPvmIxu-LSA

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Well in the driver's defense that's the worst designed intersection I've ever seen!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It might be confusing to us, but that's actually how you're supposed to drive.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

If you present me with a scenario in which the directions tell me to TURN RIGHT INTO SOME CONES then all bets are off and there is no wrong way to drive

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Looks like it it might be an area for practicing driving? Lot of weird placements of stuff.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Oh come on, now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM-e46xdcUo

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Roblo posted:

Looks like it it might be an area for practicing driving? Lot of weird placements of stuff.

My thoughts exactly, it looks like what we call a playpen. It's for your first two or three driving lessons.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I'll never understand the goons who define schadenfreude as "the first vine I can google to stop chat thread"

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Soul Dentist posted:

I'll never understand the goons who define schadenfreude as "the first vine I can google to stop chat thread"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq-VNCGBDRU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Trabant posted:

If goons talking about their prom experiences isn't schad I don't know what is.

In that spirit, my class size was about 1000 students, the prom was at some super fancy hotel with expensive tickets, and I think the only kids who went were rich kids whose parents bought them a hotel room to bang in.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Me and my date met at a school trip to see Phantom of the Opera and I thought it was romantic and cool. It was not well received.

I'm actually dying

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
My prom afterparty got upstaged by Al Gore. We went and did the whole dinner -> prom -> hotel afterparty. Our group of drama kid friends was split half and half bougie-af and dirt poor with me being the latter. One of the kids with parents that lived in a million+ dollar house with a view way up the side of the valley rented the penthouse of the bougie hotel our prom was held at like six months in advance. Come prom night the vice president flies into town for what was supposed to be a refuel stop on the way to Asia, but the weather turned and his plane was grounded here overnight. The hotel gave him the penthouse and bumped us down down a floor. Was still a great night though, nothing beats booze and fun you didn't have to pay for when you're dirt poor. Just wish we could have gotten to use the hot tub on the penthouse veranda.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Should have went and knocked, maybe he'd be game?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Beer_Suitcase posted:

This photo raised my hackles like a spooked dog

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Good call on hiding half your face tho

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Beer_Suitcase posted:

should of scarred your face instead

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Beer_Suitcase posted:

As a shameless POTO fan, I am receiving this well

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Forgot your crown, king

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Prom was fun and all, but the next night I saw the Pixies, who were inexplicably hitting Boise on one of the first ten or so dates on their initial reunion tour. When I feel nostalgic for that weekend, it's not often for slow dancing in the auditorium.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Armacham posted:

Forgot your crown, king

Something tells me he didn't win prom king

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021

Beer_Suitcase posted:

maybe it's cuz you didn't tuck your shirt in

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Im assuming it's a white vest but with that focus who can tell

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Okay, prom.

My wife and I were prom king and queen. We left roughly a half hour into the dance to go party at a friend's house. It was p ok.

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021

The Moon Monster posted:

If goons talking about their prom experiences isn't schad I don't know what is.

In that spirit, my class size was about 1000 students, the prom was at some super fancy hotel with expensive tickets, and I think the only kids who went were rich kids whose parents bought them a hotel room to bang in.

So like half the class couldn't even attend? Does your school not have a board of people who approve of this stuff or is this hometown level lobbying?

edit for content:
https://i.imgur.com/uhYdSmN.mp4

caspergers has a new favorite as of 17:07 on Dec 21, 2023

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
My prom was upstaged by three kids in the grade below us that everyone knew dying in a drunk driving rollover that evening. 2/3rds of the class left early and missed the prize draws, where my friend Victor won the trip to Disneyland.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Prom schadenfreude: I asked a girl to prom that was not in my friends group at all. She hesitantly said yes, and then a couple hours later called me while I was at lunch with some buddies to tell me that her crush had just asked her to prom and she was going to go with him instead.

One of my friends was dating a sophomore, so I ended up just taking his girlfriend’s friend from another school to senior prom.

Related topic: the year before that, a guy was hosting homecoming dinner at his house with about 50 people before the homecoming dance. I bought a ticket to go to the dinner, but his parents forced him to return my ticket because my parents had a restraining order on behalf of my sister against their other son. So instead of getting homecoming dinner with a large group of friends, me and another buddy had to eat at Chili’s alone before homecoming.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Brawnfire posted:

Im assuming it's a white vest but with that focus who can tell

It's a white vest, and a had a white tie and I picked the tux jacket with tails as well. I did not wear the mask to Benihanas

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Beer_Suitcase posted:

It's a white vest, and a had a white tie and I picked the tux jacket with tails as well. I did not wear the mask to Benihanas

Coward

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Air Skwirl posted:

I went to prom with a friend that another friend later married and had a kid with and there was enough time between the kid and the marriage that the kid was definitely not the cause of the marriage.

Everyone knows you have to have at least two or three kids together before you figure out if you're ready for a big commitment like marriage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick
Prom story:

My misfit friend group all sat at one round table for the dinner and dragged some extra chairs over so it was pretty crowded. The venue was the "fancy" hotel in town so it was ~3 course ooo la la~ salad then steak then dessert. Since we stuffed too many people at the table there wasn't enough room for all our plates once food got served.
My one friend didn't want to eat his salad anyway so he put it on the floor under the table to get it out of the way for a few minutes. Server walks by and does a quick headcount "oh hey you're missing a salad, so sorry let me bring you one" and leaves before my buddy can say anything, and a minute later he's given a 2nd salad. Which he hides under the table with the first one. ANOTHER SERVER BRINGS HIM A SALAD. Now the game is on. He starts hiding salads and flagging down servers complaining that he never got a salad while we all hide our faces in shame / try not to laugh.
When we've all finished dessert and it's time to go dance, dude just keeps pulling salads out from under the table like a clown car and stacks them on the table and we all run away to leave the hotel staff to deal with half a dozen untouched salads. As an adult I feel bad for the food waste and staff abuse, but at the same time my brother and dad worked at that hotel and said that basically everyone on staff did drugs during their entire shift so :shrug: salad math probably wasn't a top concern