Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
RIP/F

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Love the yacc

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Captain Hygiene posted:

All my tweets, gone :negative:

All those tweeties lost in time, like tears in rain

maxe posted:

glad i screenshotted that tiger woods big dog meme before it all vanished

doing god's work here

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
darn, it's back

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

SA is twitter anyway, it's where we all just read and comment on tweets.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Although I can click on some goofy goon thread, like if someone made a huge effort post about food preservation I can click on it, marvel and comment a few times, without the ~Algorithm~ turning everything I see into tupperware posts for a year.

Or I read an article about how Bobby Fischer is a Nazi and now Reddit thinks I want 1,700 posts a day about the best chess move to make from a certain board state. Or I accidently thumbs up my grandma's racist shitpost on FB and now I got 50 Ben Shapiro videos in my feed. I don't know who the gently caress asmongold is but YouTube sure thinks I want to watch him, even more than the actual things I'm subbed to.

I take it back SA is a lot better.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

vaginite posted:

Although I can click on some goofy goon thread, like if someone made a huge effort post about food preservation I can click on it, marvel and comment a few times, without the ~Algorithm~ turning everything I see into tupperware posts for a year.

Or I read an article about how Bobby Fischer is a Nazi and now Reddit thinks I want 1,700 posts a day about the best chess move to make from a certain board state. Or I accidently thumbs up my grandma's racist shitpost on FB and now I got 50 Ben Shapiro videos in my feed. I don't know who the gently caress asmongold is but YouTube sure thinks I want to watch him, even more than the actual things I'm subbed to.

I take it back SA is a lot better.

Isn't that the guy who makes those accidentally awesome thumbnails about how incredibly gay Venom is? That name sounds weirdly familiar and someone's become e-famous lately as a "look at this dumb rear end in a top hat making things he hates seem rad as poo poo" kind of guy.

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

big black turnout posted:

Their only posts in the thread are about it being down, so nope. What level of blue are you subscribed at, btw?

i’m banned from twitter for posting elon’s jet coordinates last year and you can gently caress off with this excellent posting strategy

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I have a Twitter account, it got unbanned along with all the nazis (I'm not a nazi though, just very mean to them). I don't post or browse there though, don't even have the app. One completely inactive account makes zero difference. deleting it would be pointless, the most pathetic and ineffective form of protest

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
If you really want to protest X you have to report your regretted user minutes.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Play posted:

I have a Twitter account, it got unbanned along with all the nazis (I'm not a nazi though, just very mean to them). I don't post or browse there though, don't even have the app. One completely inactive account makes zero difference. deleting it would be pointless, the most pathetic and ineffective form of protest

Go out by goatmanning Musk.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Play posted:

If you don’t use it, why would you not delete it? It sound equally pointless keeping it, and by deleting it, you are not tacitly supporting a fascist.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Can you delete an account without logging in?

e: Hmm on second thought that's probably a damnfool question.

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
I decided to use my dormant X account (shouldn't it have been deleted?) to see how the feed looks like

I decided to compile some statistics, on the first 50 posts of my feed.

It was about 20% antman+end wokeness+that ilk, and 10% ads/scams.

Today I gave it another try and 5 out of the first 5 posts were "look at this programme making German girls meet 30 year old migrants", plus stuff about some transgender Caitlyn, plus pepe the frog avatars posting about hunter biden.

Great platform, extremely balanced!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Play posted:

Yeah but how can you maintain smug moral superiority over others if you don't delete it then post about you deleted twitter?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I’m not using it anymore, but twitter still had a chronological feed, and on that it’s way better than instagram or facebook

You do t have to use “for you”. I t was poo poo even before elon

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Play posted:

in the same boat, I have account I haven't used in eight month, login details are saved on laptop that no longer works, and not sure I can even remember my handle. Think it had moon in it? At this point I figure it's just dead. If I ever get the laptop working again might login in to see if I can get myself banned by calling out a nazi on their obvious poo poo, just for shits and giggles, but honestly why bother, engagement still just engagement.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Thank you for those of you on the front lines

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

dr_rat posted:

in the same boat, I have account I haven't used in eight month, login details are saved on laptop that no longer works, and not sure I can even remember my handle. Think it had moon in it? At this point I figure it's just dead. If I ever get the laptop working again might login in to see if I can get myself banned by calling out a nazi on their obvious poo poo, just for shits and giggles, but honestly why bother, engagement still just engagement.

I don’t post anymore there since july. But the account is still active and sometimes I go in there to read some people I like. People refuse to leave that hellhole

Less Is Definitely
Jan 10, 2012
I only use my Twitter account to non-stop stream the movie Crossroads with Britney Spears, causing as much server load as possible.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Less Is Definitely posted:

I only use my Twitter account to non-stop stream the movie Crossroads with Britney Spears, causing as much server load as possible.

On X, the place for everything

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Elias_Maluco posted:

I’m not using it anymore, but twitter still had a chronological feed, and on that it’s way better than instagram or facebook

You do t have to use “for you”. I t was poo poo even before elon

Facebook might still have a chrono feed for you, it’s under «Feeds»

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Dickspedia

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Can you delete an account without logging in?

e: Hmm on second thought that's probably a damnfool question.

I have a twitter account I'm logged into on PC but can't access because they banned me. The account's still there, I just can't do anything with it.

It's useful in that I can see linked tweets and videos, safe in the knowledge I couldn't interact with them even if I wanted to.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

vaginite posted:

SA is twitter anyway, it's where we all just read and comment on tweets.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

big black turnout posted:

Why the gently caress are you on the Nazi CSAM site

Are you really using a nazi CSAM site if the nazi CSAM site's content isn't even there? :lol:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

The advanced AI brain trust that will save the world

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I can take some comfort in that, even though it seems like the internet is filled with racists and right wing trolls, an AI that is trained on the aggregate of the full internet and thus reflects it, becomes «woke» even when the creators don’t intend it to be.

(This is assuming Musk is telling the truth about training the AI from the ground up, and it’s not just ChatGPT with instructions to be edgy)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

ymgve posted:

(This is assuming Musk is telling the truth about training the AI from the ground up, and it’s not just ChatGPT with instructions to be edgy)

Lol it refers to itself as chatgpt

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Oh I'm sure that was totally legitimate

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Grok will be divorced soon, just be patient

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ymgve posted:

(This is assuming Musk is telling the truth

Why would you ever do that, in any context?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
They are just as paranoid about population decline as they are about poor people immigrating

They want 1 trillion people (and they can’t be too dumb to not know the vast majority of them will be poor) in the world, but not where they have to deal with them

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Elias_Maluco posted:

They are just as paranoid about population decline as they are about poor people immigrating

They want 1 trillion people (and they can’t be too dumb to not know the vast majority of them will be poor) in the world, but not where they have to deal with them

They want there to be one trillion white people, OP

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Mons Hubris posted:

They want there to be one trillion white people, OP

The majority of them would be poor anyway. I dont think they like poor people, even if they are white

edit: anyway, I guess I just don't understand why are these people so worried about population decline.I mean, how out of touch with reality you have to be to believe thats a real problem? I know some of them are just paranoid about "the great replacement", but I feel it's not only that. I have a hunch that is also related to controlling women bodies and justifying being anti abortion and also hating trans people (Elon himself talks a lot about sterile trans people), and that they don't really believe this crap themselves

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Dec 21, 2023

Kale
May 14, 2010

:lol: at Elon thinking John Oliver being lefty as gently caress is some sort of new development. Also if the internet is so woke why is everywhere I look thats linked into the mainstream full of right wing circlejerk comments agreeing with each other as far as I can scroll and basically nothing else nowadays.

Kale fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Dec 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Scientastic posted:

If you don’t use it, why would you not delete it? It sound equally pointless keeping it, and by deleting it, you are not tacitly supporting a fascist.

I'll keep mine tyvm.