Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
The raiders (I think?) drafted a white corner this past year! It’s coming back!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Pontius Pilate posted:

The raiders (I think?) drafted a white corner this past year! It’s coming back!!

Riley Moss was it? i think he also played for Iowa lol

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Riley Moss was it? i think he also played for Iowa lol

Ya that’s right and he did indeed play for Iowa lol. I was wrong about which afcw team drafted him tho—twas the broncos, al davis weeps

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Is tez Walker going to be highly thought of this year? He had a few great games but his last year's resume is a little light.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Think he's generally seen as a Day 2 guy who could possibly slip a lil further than that

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Thinking about wide receivers

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Big same.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

There’s so many good wrs this draft seems plausible that Panthers could get a solid addition at the top of the second!

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

There’s so many good wrs this draft seems plausible that Panthers could get a solid addition at the top of the second!

If they can get one with six-foot long arms who can also teleport, it might help

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Black Lighter posted:

If they can get one with six-foot long arms who can also teleport, it might help

let's hope their scouts have an eye on Dhalsim out of the University of Kerala's Thiruvananthapuram campus

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I think that fella has plenty of upside

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

I was watching/reading some Brian Thomas Jr. stuff the other day and I came away convinced that most years I would develop a smug hipster opinion that he's going to turn out to be the best WR in his class, but this year's draft class has at least three dudes at the top who are completely immune to even the strongest contrarianism

Its a good group imo

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I find it funny that last year was almost exclusively small shifty route technicians and this year has 20 guys who are 6'3''+ that specialize in contested catches. God should have mixed these classes up a bit more for some variety.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
There's a variety of every type of WR every year. Also Odunze is a great, shifty route runner and a high pointer. Same with Johnny Wilson and somewhat Troy Franklin.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

these wrs like to move it move it

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Sure, but if you look at the top 10 WRs taken last year and the current top ten prospects on say the PFF big board I bet there is a 20 pound 2 inch difference on average. It's funny.

E: also, Johnny Wilson is too big. That isn't a critique of his play but his look. Dude looks so slow, like he's running at half speed. I think it's an optical illusion created by how long limbed he is. I badly want him in Baltimore next to Zay Flowers just for the aesthetic.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Dec 14, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i found it man. i loving found out all the information

last draft top 10 wr average: 5'10", 191 lbs
2024 pff big board top 10: 6'1⅞, 202 lbs

i did it for us

they have johnny outside the top 10 brother. they hosed it up

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i fixed it. i took out the thinnest little piece of crap and i put mr. wilson in there. now this class is averaging 6'2.5" and 209 pounds

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Sure, but if you look at the top 10 WRs taken last year and the current top ten prospects on say the PFF big board I bet there is a 20 pound 2 inch difference on average. It's funny.

E: also, Johnny Wilson is too big. That isn't a critique of his play but his look. Dude looks so slow, like he's running at half speed. I think it's an optical illusion created by how long limbed he is. I badly want him in Baltimore next to Zay Flowers just for the aesthetic.

I kind of wonder how a guy that size who's a pretty good athlete doesn't get told to put on some weight and turned into a DE at some point along the way

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Johnny Wilson is probably a second round guy. He drops a lot of easy catches. I love him tho, he makes some insane catches.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Cavauro posted:

i fixed it. i took out the thinnest little piece of crap and i put mr. wilson in there. now this class is averaging 6'2.5" and 209 pounds

I am drat proud of you boy. Go Bengos :911:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Cavauro posted:

Thank u, I like this content

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Who is the DL with the widest wing span who will get over drafted because of said wing span ?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Connor Rogers is pretty respectable and his latest bb is pretty interesting. Caleb #3 overall. Fashanu as OT1. Nabers over Maye.

code:
1	Marvin Harrison Jr.	WR	Ohio State
2	Olu Fashanu		OT	Penn State
3	Caleb Williams		QB	USC
4	Malik Nabers		WR	LSU
5	Drake Maye		QB	North Carolina
6	Joe Alt			OT	Notre Dame
7	Brock Bowers		TE	Georgia
8	Laiatu Latu		EDGE	UCLA
9	Jer’Zhan Newton		DL	Illinois
10	Jared Verse		EDGE	Florida State
https://www.nbcsports.com/college-f...pdated-rankings

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Based on that big board, given that the Jets appear to have a chance at picking 5th/6th next year and both Maye and Alt are available, should they roll the dice on Maye or attempt to ensure Rodgers doesn't get murdered in 2024 via picking Alt?

I think they go Alt if he's there as I understand Maye has some question marks.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Who is the DL with the widest wing span who will get over drafted because of said wing span ?

the grittiest one with the best motor

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

Based on that big board, given that the Jets appear to have a chance at picking 5th/6th next year and both Maye and Alt are available, should they roll the dice on Maye or attempt to ensure Rodgers doesn't get murdered in 2024 via picking Alt?

Every impressive clip of Maye I've seen has come from an immaculate pocket. Gives off strong Zach Wilson vibes.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Gorson posted:

the grittiest one with the best motor

The search for the next Maxx Crosby

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
A lot depends on whether the Bears are keeping Fields or not - if they are, you have to imagine they will trade down for a haul of pieces to put around him since it's a strong class esp. at WR and OT. If they are in the market then they're taking a QB at 1 or trading to 2 (depending on whether they want a specific guy). Similar situation for Arizona I imagine, again assuming they are keeping Murray.

You have to imagine whatever team is picking 2nd is going to be a team like the Patriots or Commanders who seem to be in the market for a top QB. I just don't see a situation where Williams and Maye don't go some combo of 1 & 2 despite how good MHJ and the tackles are. Arizona not trading down and picking MHJ seems like the most likely landing spot right now but if they are set at QB you have to imagine they get a haul from someone more desperate.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

Take a QB just for Rodgers reaction

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

forkboy84 posted:

Take a QB just for Rodgers reaction

then declare a QB competition pleeeease make this happen

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Diva Cupcake posted:

Connor Rogers is pretty respectable and his latest bb is pretty interesting. Caleb #3 overall. Fashanu as OT1. Nabers over Maye.

code:
1	Marvin Harrison Jr.	WR	Ohio State
2	Olu Fashanu		OT	Penn State
3	Caleb Williams		QB	USC
4	Malik Nabers		WR	LSU
5	Drake Maye		QB	North Carolina
6	Joe Alt			OT	Notre Dame
7	Brock Bowers		TE	Georgia
8	Laiatu Latu		EDGE	UCLA
9	Jer’Zhan Newton		DL	Illinois
10	Jared Verse		EDGE	Florida State
https://www.nbcsports.com/college-f...pdated-rankings

Any list that has Newton high is good by me

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I think by the end of the draft process Daniels is going to have jumped Maye. He’s going to rise based on measurables like Richardson did but he’s also got two years of showing he can actually play football as well.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I think by the end of the draft process Daniels is going to have jumped Maye. He’s going to rise based on measurables like Richardson did but he’s also got two years of showing he can actually play football as well.

Agreed. It feels like the top 5 is going to be some combo of Caleb, Maye, Daniels, MHJ, and either an OT or a DE

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nate Wiggins being a late riser at CB is interesting. He have a good season or something like that?

I see he made the All-ACC team.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I love Jayden Daniels and wanted him for the Seahawks.

Instead I hope he goes to a fan base that loves and nurtured him.

I’m excited to see where MHJ goes. There are elite QB and elite LT prospects, so the positional value debate rages on!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
My prediction is the Bears go with MHJ to complement Justin Fields and DJ Moore, barring a king's ransom of picks as trade bait.

Personally I'm hoping my team trades up to grab one of the top two LT candidates, because drat the cost, we need a functioning OL.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

What team do you follow Mega?

The top two LTs are swell

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Titans, which will probably end up around 8-10ish. Out of reach of the top two LTs and MHJ, but could still go with another offensive option as consolation, as WR is another big need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The Ravens badly need a new LT. This is a really deep class, but I don't know if that extends to getting a starting caliber tackle at the end of the 1st round .

Draft nerds, tell me everything you can about Amarius Mims, Taliese Fuaga, Tyler Guyton, and Kingsley Suamataia. Good name group by the way.