Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

FauxLeather posted:

The ice grappler was so fun, you could just follow the railway line while crouch sliding after each grapple and go three times faster than the train.

Speaking of the the train, it's been a pretty big whiff this season right? It's tiny, there's never anything on it and it passes into the storm too quickly to be a match long POI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

basically the same issue apex had with its train

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

PriorMarcus posted:

Speaking of the the train, it's been a pretty big whiff this season right? It's tiny, there's never anything on it and it passes into the storm too quickly to be a match long POI.

It needed to be a couple cars longer, have cover, have npcs, and have the front or back be "vaults".

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!
Anchoring the circle to the train might also be interesting.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

or put an anti-circle bubble generator on the train

though that would have to be disabled towards the endgame

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Yeah the train just feels like a small gimmick to add spice to the map. I use the “visualize sound effects” feature or whatever it’s called and the thing that bothers me about the train is how often the sound indicator pops up for it. If it was actually a POI that people flocked to that would be handy but instead it’s just a distraction from the other actual useful indicators.

PS if you’re not using that option you’re missing out. It’s pretty much an OP perk that tells you exactly where someone is walking around or fighting or driving near you. You get an on screen icon of footsteps or gunfire etc with pinpoint accuracy as far as which direction it’s coming from. I hesitate to even mention it because I feel like maybe not a lot of people use it and I’ve greatly benefited from it.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

the Train is useless. also it sucks how all the items slide right out of it as it moves.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

They could have at least put one of the medallion bosses on the train.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Seymour Buttz posted:

Yeah the train just feels like a small gimmick to add spice to the map. I use the “visualize sound effects” feature or whatever it’s called and the thing that bothers me about the train is how often the sound indicator pops up for it. If it was actually a POI that people flocked to that would be handy but instead it’s just a distraction from the other actual useful indicators.

PS if you’re not using that option you’re missing out. It’s pretty much an OP perk that tells you exactly where someone is walking around or fighting or driving near you. You get an on screen icon of footsteps or gunfire etc with pinpoint accuracy as far as which direction it’s coming from. I hesitate to even mention it because I feel like maybe not a lot of people use it and I’ve greatly benefited from it.

I started playing a few days ago and this setting made a huge difference.

Fortnite is a lot of fun. I had my best run last night with 11 kills.

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

Seymour Buttz posted:

I think it depends on how good your Spatial Audio acuity is; turning on the visuals turns off some of the stereo audio cues. I exclusively have it on, but my kid is like a bat and prefers to use the audio cues.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

xp gain is stupid this season, i'll have enough stars for the super styles before they even become available

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Yeah im already at 126 as of today but might crack 130 after work.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Engineer Lenk posted:

I think it depends on how good your Spatial Audio acuity is; turning on the visuals turns off some of the stereo audio cues. I exclusively have it on, but my kid is like a bat and prefers to use the audio cues.

Gotta agree with this, I've got a good pair of headphones and the audio cues are great. When I tried to use the sound visualizations it just wasn't working for me so I switched back to just using sound.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Engineer Lenk posted:

is this the case? i know a couple years back visual audio would force the game to be monoaural but they changed that about 2 years ago: https://twitter.com/FortniteStatus/status/1455659156686483458

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

parasyte posted:

is this the case? i know a couple years back visual audio would force the game to be monoaural but they changed that about 2 years ago: https://twitter.com/FortniteStatus/status/1455659156686483458

It's no longer the case that it changes the sound I believe.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It’s definitely stereo with the visual indicators on

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

CaptainBeefart posted:

I started playing a few days ago and this setting made a huge difference.

Fortnite is a lot of fun. I had my best run last night with 11 kills.

Join the discord, play with goons 😊

Engineer Lenk posted:

Oo, I like this

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Engineer Lenk posted:

This would be amazing. End game battles sliding all over the place.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
hey there's a walk animation now, neat

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Drink and Fight posted:

This would be amazing. End game battles sliding all over the place.

It would be fun for a couple of rounds and then it’s just train shootouts

Which still sounds fun, I guess, so I don’t know what point I’m making.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Battle Stars cap out at 250.

Apple Craft fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Dec 22, 2023

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Is this the thread for Lego Fortnite? Been having a lot of fun with it even though I think it’s for 6 year olds

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Man, I was doing pretty all right with an epic scoped pistol I found. Surprisingly long range.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rorobb posted:

Is this the thread for Lego Fortnite? Been having a lot of fun with it even though I think it’s for 6 year olds

:justpost:

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

Rorobb posted:

I've been having lots of fun too. It's a nice chill break from the hot drops in battle royale.

I like setting simple task for myself like exploring a certain cave, working on some random part of my village, or just going out exploring. I'm not trying to push myself too fast knowing that the game is limited in scope as a new release. Currently trying to get my desert village to level 10 so I can finally brave the cold and get a village set up in the snow biome. Along with knowing there's some neat little things I could do in my grasslands village to help spruce it up too.

Lego Fortnite gots some good hooks alright.

Dawgstar posted:

Man, I was doing pretty all right with an epic scoped pistol I found. Surprisingly long range.

I love rocking the pistol with sniper and auto shotty. I can't wait to see what augments finally get released that might give it a bit more pop.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
My hope is they build on the train in future seasons possibly it was made small to test moving platforms (and seeing how often the loot slides off they're still working out the kinks)

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
I can't even log in today. It keeps giving me an error.
edit: https://status.epicgames.com/ finally updated to reflect the issue.

Apple Craft fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Dec 22, 2023

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

drat rip

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Got my first VR of the season tonight

Played a few games and felt just outmatched in the end game - real sweaty

Then the last game cobbled together a really good collection of guns and just went through people like I was untouchable

Lovely feeling :yeeclaw:

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
Why are the lego, racing and music modes individually purchasable in the epic game store?

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Brut posted:

Why are the lego, racing and music modes individually purchasable in the epic game store?

Save download space id assume

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

you can buy a lambo for 30 dollars now what a bargain

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

repiv posted:

you can buy a lambo for 30 dollars now what a bargain

It used to be $20

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

Amphigory posted:

Got my first VR of the season tonight

Played a few games and felt just outmatched in the end game - real sweaty

Then the last game cobbled together a really good collection of guns and just went through people like I was untouchable

Lovely feeling :yeeclaw:

congrats on finding that right combo

:blastu:

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!
Medallions really are a trap once the circle gets small enough and the player count low enough. The benefits just aren't worth the cost of displaying your location to everyone else. I've won solo twice this week thanks to the radar helping me evade and ambush medallion carriers, and one of those wins was with a pretty mediocre loadout (unmodded blue shotgun/SMG got all my endgame kills).

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

For any save the world folks who care: Free Smorgasbord llama today, and free normal llamas probably continuing for a while yet every day.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Medallions are only good if you have 4 or more. I don't carry Medallions anymore. I either leave them at the vault or set up a trap.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

gtrmp posted:

Medallions really are a trap once the circle gets small enough and the player count low enough. The benefits just aren't worth the cost of displaying your location to everyone else. I've won solo twice this week thanks to the radar helping me evade and ambush medallion carriers, and one of those wins was with a pretty mediocre loadout (unmodded blue shotgun/SMG got all my endgame kills).
Yeah. As the circles get more aggressive towards the end, I feel like the big disadvantage of medallions is that they give more info about movement than they do about location. You don’t know where someone is precisely, but if you can see they’re moving from NE to SW, you and the boys can be posted up on a nice hill or fortified spot pointed directly at their inbound.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Frieza and Cell are good!
By the time Epic fixes the locker presets and UI (so I can end my dumb spending boycott), all these items that I really want to get will be rotated out, lol.

edit: Why does Epic have such a hard-on for doing this stupid poo poo? So aggravating. Meanwhile I will have the Winterfest quests completed with an extra quest left over... wtf.

Apple Craft fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I really dont like what they did with guns this season. The whole attachment thing is getting in the way, the shotguns suck and often i find myself shooting a dude and they kill me in the time it takes for the shotgun to fire another round. I keep finding sniper rifles without scopes, I never know what anything does until I start firing it, SMGs have crazy muzzle climb, and if I want to fix any of this I have to go to one of the handful of weapon benches. It sucks.