Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

he was Felix's writing partner for Carl Diggler

he was friends with nick as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Virgil went on multiple of the vacations / road trips the whole gang did (such as the one mentioned in "Bleep Texas"), he was a close friend

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It'd kind of impressive how everyone has kept such tight lips about Virgil after his scandal came to light, you'd think at least there'd have been some backbiting comments or something, it's a level of discipline I wouldn't have expected of the cum town/chapo milieu

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Stirring drama threatens the patreon bux

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It's been long enough that it's forgotten. Only evidence of Virgil left is the Bad Faith Podcast photoshoot that Brie still uses to this day.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Ytlaya posted:

Matt's Twitter is kind of sad and upsetting, just directly seeing how a stroke can gently caress up your basic ability to communicate, especially in such a young person. His attitude has been really admirable, because it must be extremely frustrating to be in that position, especially as someone who literally makes their living off of "entertaining people with their speech." And for it to happen just as his kid was born :(

I hope he's able to fully (or at least mostly) recover. Brains are pretty flexible at that sort of thing, right? I imagine his continued efforts at tweeting are probably helpful, just because it's stimulating his brain.

My 70 year old mom had a stroke 2 years ago seemingly at a very similar spot as the only real symptom she had (besides a bit of confusion and lethargy that cleared up) was the aphasia. Perfectly cognitive, same old person inside but couldn't translate thoughts to words correctly. Was so odd because she could speak and write fine and construct sentences that made grammatical sense, they were just nonsense. Working backwards we could figure out what she was meaning generally and almost see the path her brain took to get to what she said.

Anyways, she fully recovered by a year out. Was significantly better by 6 months.

Danger has issued a correction as of 15:52 on Dec 21, 2023

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ytlaya posted:

Matt's Twitter is kind of sad and upsetting, just directly seeing how a stroke can gently caress up your basic ability to communicate, especially in such a young person. His attitude has been really admirable, because it must be extremely frustrating to be in that position, especially as someone who literally makes their living off of "entertaining people with their speech." And for it to happen just as his kid was born :(

I hope he's able to fully (or at least mostly) recover. Brains are pretty flexible at that sort of thing, right? I imagine his continued efforts at tweeting are probably helpful, just because it's stimulating his brain.

i was hoping that he's doing a bit

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

cant imagine how frustrating and terrifying it was when the doctor told matt that if he ever got too mad about politics again it would literally kill him

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Frosted Flake posted:

Not to put too fine a point on it, but Felix Biederman has described exactly this kind of person

I'm sure they're very happy though, sincerely.

e: Also, she has some sort of signature outfit she always wears? How many black and red striped shirts can a person own?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmbo. Never change FF

Cross posting this:

crepeface posted:

doing an FF run in disco elysium

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

lmbo. Never change FF

Cross posting this:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

lmbo. Never change FF

Cross posting this:

:lol:

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

KirbyKhan posted:

It's been long enough that it's forgotten. Only evidence of Virgil left is the Bad Faith Podcast photoshoot that Brie still uses to this day.

nick made a few jokes about him on ct a while after but nothing material.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Launching my new podcast, good doubt, staring Ovid Florida and Camembert sad white

It will still be AMBW

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Subscribed

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Mr. Lobe posted:

It'd kind of impressive how everyone has kept such tight lips about Virgil after his scandal came to light, you'd think at least there'd have been some backbiting comments or something, it's a level of discipline I wouldn't have expected of the cum town/chapo milieu

It's not worth looking up, but somebody (maybe editor Chris) did an angry post pre-scandal about Virgil sincerely ghosting them. I think it was just something about how could he just go off the map for months without an explanation and then try to send in a farewell statement to read like everything was fine.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

It's not worth looking up, but somebody (maybe editor Chris) did an angry post pre-scandal about Virgil sincerely ghosting them. I think it was just something about how could he just go off the map for months without an explanation and then try to send in a farewell statement to read like everything was fine.

i think it was matt that briefly went off ("went off") about that in a grillpill stream sometime

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

I think it was after Bernie lost in 2020, where he literally disappeared for months

It was good trial run, all things considered

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

mcmagic posted:

i was hoping that he's doing a bit

Given that every single post-stroke post has been like that, I'm pretty sure that's not the case (and the posts are also "vaguely incoherent but you can usually tell what they're trying to say" in a way that it'd be almost impossible to do deliberately).

From reading some about strokes (and what someone else said in a reply to my post), it sounds like it's very likely to improve over the next few months, but it's uncertain if he'll be able to fully "return to normal."

selec
Sep 6, 2003

our boy came out alive and with love in his heart. He’s gonna be ok, and while it’s sad to not hear his voice, it’s pretty far down the list of considerations for his family and friends right now, and I’m glad to see him posting.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Matt is merely posting in 100x earth gravity a few senzu beans and he'll be fine

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i think it was matt that briefly went off ("went off") about that in a grillpill stream sometime

It was the first stream as per the searchable Cushvlog

quote:

oh don’t know where Virgil is don’t care he submitted something for us to show put on the show and we didn’t do it because it’s like he’s not talking to us so why would we do it so sorry I’m not gonna bother with him

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Dokapon Findom posted:

If we put your posts in an AI, do you promise not to make any new ones?

Bold of you to assume I'm not already an AI. For more information, watch Pantheon (2022)

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Dokapon Findom posted:

It was the first stream as per the searchable Cushvlog

where is this

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

hmm

https://twitter.com/gabrielwinant/status/1737678368743846240

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

plenty of guys with hard hats and union cards have soft bellies and broke dicks

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
What's this about corpse loving?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

*anakin skywalker voice* now THIS is podcasting!

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Amber (Crollo, not Frost) has been joking about Matt's Twitter output and has clearly been fine with him posting so idk I hope he gets better but it doesn't seem like they're very worried about him atm, especially not compared to when they first broke the news

also before all this you could catch Matt regularly liking tweets making GBS threads on Virgil but Will and Felix have stayed completely tight-lipped about it ever since he left the show. I get it, he wasn't a Chapo anymore when the allegations hit and so they don't really have to comment, and I have a hard time imagining what they could say that could conceivably make the situation better

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

It's just a big auto transcript

https://www.cushbomb.com/ZINES/TBOB.pdf

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Ytlaya posted:

one of the things that makes it even sadder in like the past grill or two before he stroked out, he was complaining about bad migraines feeling like his head was going to pop and talked about going to doctor and told just to take some ibuprofen and drink water. i get doctors aren't omnipresent psychics and there was probably not anything to be done to prevent it, but drat

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Xaris posted:

one of the things that makes it even sadder in like the past grill or two before he stroked out, he was complaining about bad migraines feeling like his head was going to pop and talked about going to doctor and told just to take some ibuprofen and drink water. i get doctors aren't omnipresent psychics and there was probably not anything to be done to prevent it, but drat

he was even downplaying it himself because he gets medical panic attacks which welp, is not going to help

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Anybody see this before it was deleted?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Breadallelogram posted:

Anybody see this before it was deleted?

amber called someone a broken dicked necrophile in her book

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

hmm. based

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
gonna need my amber book correspondent to confirm this before i take it as fact

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
someone with the book can find the relevant screencap

quote:

I regret calling Amber Frost a fascist in 2019—overreaction, though not wholly groundless since she seems to like and agree with the Red Scare people, who are the real thing. So she decided to call me a necrophiliac and speculate about my penis to prove she's normal and I'm weird

funniest outcome to deciding to hateread a book by your posting enemy

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Happy4her

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
She's right

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

tokin opposition posted:

gonna need my amber book correspondent to confirm this before i take it as fact

i read it and she did. she cited research that found that some necrophilies gently caress corpses kuz theyre impotent due to nervousness, performance anxiety, and that the dead body cant judge them and lol at their busted wieners, that the dead body is a "blank canvas" to project upon. she used this survey to imply that the op was an impotent necrophiliac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Andrew from E1 unironically says “good grief!” In regular conversation.