Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

elf can finally touch gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Holy poo poo Jae is so loving toxic if you try to date her. It's really disgusting.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Jack Trades posted:

Holy poo poo Jae is so loving toxic if you try to date her. It's really disgusting.

Shes def a jerk

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
w/r/t AI portraits, Bing gave me these and I'm never looking back:

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Q: hey does anyone have a source for good portraits that aren't ai?

A(goons): check out THIS sweet ai pic! And THIS one! did you know you can do THIS with ai???

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Can you go back to get the Plasma Gun that's hiding out in Act I in later Acts? Alternately, any other good sources to find a Plasma Gun? My tech-priest demands plasma!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Memnaelar posted:

Can you go back to get the Plasma Gun that's hiding out in Act I in later Acts? Alternately, any other good sources to find a Plasma Gun? My tech-priest demands plasma!

Easiest path is probably the rep stores.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Memnaelar posted:

Iirc explorators sell one and you can loot a good one on kieva gamma

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Kieva Gamma one will get you through til Act 4 def

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Dandywalken posted:

Shes def a jerk

Jaes cool. She's a commoner who's being propositioned by some of the highest level of royalty in the Imperium, whose clawed her whole way through life tooth and nail, and is dealing with the conflicting desires to leave her mark on the world and you, checking to see if your love is genuine, trying to profit off of the relationship before you throw her away for another plaything, and a genuine love for you.
She's got a lot going on and she's playing with fire but it's all pretty understandable.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Sharkopath posted:

Jaes cool. She's a commoner who's being propositioned by some of the highest level of royalty in the Imperium, whose clawed her whole way through life tooth and nail, and is dealing with the conflicting desires to leave her mark on the world and you, checking to see if your love is genuine, trying to profit off of the relationship before you throw her away for another plaything, and a genuine love for you.
She's got a lot going on and she's playing with fire but it's all pretty understandable.

??? In my game end slides she tried to tried to overthrow me a decade later and was executed!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Dandywalken posted:

??? In my game end slides she tried to tried to overthrow me a decade later and was executed!

I assume almost every ending flag triggers bad end regardless of completion prior to this patch.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Q: hey does anyone have a source for good portraits that aren't ai?

A(goons): check out THIS sweet ai pic! And THIS one! did you know you can do THIS with ai???

Sorry, we can resume talking about how good Argenta's burst fire build is

CommissarMega - those own, I want to know what the guy in the first picture is looking at.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Eifert Posting posted:

White is the worst one you can get. I think it goes white black red, and at least at launch there was basically no way to get the red one even if you have the toy box dialogue thing open that tells you what gives you or doesn't give you points. They also hint at the Inquisitor being a little bit spicy because the pure dogmatic options aren't necessarily the ones that give you the most credit with him.

Given the gamut Inquisitors run, this is unsurprising.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Did they fix the feat that increases Psi level on heroic usage?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Sab669 posted:

CommissarMega - those own, I want to know what the guy in the first picture is looking at.

Whoever's next :unsmigghh:

If you want full sets, I've got them here :

George Sex - REAL posted:

Did they fix the feat that increases Psi level on heroic usage?

I don't think so (at least, it wasn't in the patch notes). Right now it seems that Owlcat are trying to fix plot triggers and things that affect stability, so it might take a bit before they move on to talents and the like.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
normally i hate ai poo poo but those are pretty great

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I mean, 8-pack psycho rear end in a top hat psyker is funny as hell, but AI poo poo is still poo poo. And like, when the person asking for portraits is like "but not AI" and then y'all go "but have you tried AI" it comes across as a little odd.

:sweep:

Dawgstar posted:

Given the gamut Inquisitors run, this is unsurprising.

Inquisitors either die as a hero or live long enough to become a heretic. I leave figuring out where Calcazar is on that timeline as an exercise to the reader.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Mad Wack posted:

normally i hate ai poo poo but those are pretty great

AI is really loving bad for any kind of commercial purpose but as a toy to generate ttrpg/crpg character portraits it does the job, that and translation are pretty much it's only non garbage use cases

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Warmachine posted:

I mean, 8-pack psycho rear end in a top hat psyker is funny as hell, but AI poo poo is still poo poo. And like, when the person asking for portraits is like "but not AI" and then y'all go "but have you tried AI" it comes across as a little odd.

:sweep:

Inquisitors either die as a hero or live long enough to become a heretic. I leave figuring out where Calcazar is on that timeline as an exercise to the reader.

My interpretation of their post was that they were just trying to find stuff that already existed by their search terms were being drowned out by vaguely related SEO trash. Which is different than actually using the tools to create what you want.

And I will absolutely never understand the fundamental blanket hatred for AI image generation. It's an insanely amazing powerful tool and I've seen so many posts on the internet of someone trying to figure out who the artist is that created something then they find out it's AI and go "Oh never mind". Like every single thing man has invented, yea it can be misused but it has plenty of legitimate use cases.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Sab669 posted:

And I will absolutely never understand the fundamental blanket hatred for AI image generation. It's an insanely amazing powerful tool and I've seen so many posts on the internet of someone trying to figure out who the artist is that created something then they find out it's AI and go "Oh never mind". Like every single thing man has invented, yea it can be misused but it has plenty of legitimate use cases.

No it loving isn't and that's before we get into how many people's jobs are getting hosed by it or the tidal wave of trash images that are flooding the Internet now

Tl;Dr: Butlerian Jihad NOW

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Theres a reason they're called Abominable Intelligences.

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead
Ethical concerns aside, the AI portraits people are posting on Nexus and in this thread all look like complete poo poo. That's reason enough not to use them.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm generally against how people are over-using AI tools, I can't stand all the content outlets being loving spammed with that poo poo, but IMO completely personal use, like making a portrait for a single-player game, I don't see a reason to object to that.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

All of those images are just someone photo merging a meme face onto your most generic artstation sci fi or fantasy character. Which if you can't use photoshop I guess is useful, but isn't an amazingly powerful technology. Like maybe it's just down to most people not searching through artstation for character art in D&D games as much as I have but it's super obvious most AI is just replicating that particular website's community style, and not even particularly well. Like that's why every ai kinda defaults to vaguely sad anime girl if not given enough adjectives.

Sab669 posted:

It's an insanely amazing powerful tool and I've seen so many posts on the internet of someone trying to figure out who the artist is that created something then they find out it's AI and go "Oh never mind". Like every single thing man has invented, yea it can be misused but it has plenty of legitimate use cases.
I've basically never seen that happen. What I have seen a lot of though is people seeing mediocre art, assuming it's ai, and the artist having to prove that they're just not very good.

Terrible Opinions fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Dec 21, 2023

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Sab669 posted:

My interpretation of their post was that they were just trying to find stuff that already existed by their search terms were being drowned out by vaguely related SEO trash. Which is different than actually using the tools to create what you want.

there are no legit use cases because AI art cannot be copyrighted

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Oh my god, the Quetza Temer quest is the biggest "gently caress you for playing our game" I've seen since that one Forgotten Realms CRPG that deleted your Windows system files when you uninstalled it.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Phanatic posted:

Oh my god, the Quetza Temer quest is the biggest "gently caress you for playing our game" I've seen since that one Forgotten Realms CRPG that deleted your Windows system files when you uninstalled it.

Honestly it was fine. I figured out what the gimmick was gonna be fairly early and with an SSD the traversal didn't even take that long. Still wish they had done more with it though.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

pentyne posted:

there are no legit use cases because AI art cannot be copyrighted

I'm not saying it should be "end product" use cases, but it can absolutely be used early on in the creative process while brainstorming ideas or for dumb poo poo like putting portraits on your D&D character sheet.

Terrible Opinions posted:

Which if you can't use photoshop I guess is useful, but isn't an amazingly powerful technology

The mind truly boggles. "It's not powerful, but it can do tasks that you'd otherwise need to spend tens of hours mastering this other digital tool to accomplish". I didn't have to go spend hundreds of hours taking art courses to produce a number of portraits instantly, that's definitely not amazing at all. Imagine going back 30 years ago and telling people, "Hey soon you'll have the ability to generate any random image based on a couple words" and them going "Eh so what?"

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 21, 2023

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

AnEdgelord posted:

AI is really loving bad for any kind of commercial purpose but as a toy to generate ttrpg/crpg character portraits it does the job, that and translation are pretty much it's only non garbage use cases

This is categorically untrue. It is also good for turning venture capital money into nothing.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

evilmiera posted:

Honestly it was fine. I figured out what the gimmick was gonna be fairly early and with an SSD the traversal didn't even take that long. Still wish they had done more with it though.

If it's fine you must also like bashing your own dick with a hammer. It might be fine if it weren't a series of tiny loving maps with loading times between them. I mean come on, there are single maps that are bigger than this whole maze and I don't need to load multiple times to traverse them. This is stupid.

I'm at the Forest Dweller Village. I completed the ritual. Nobody will talk to me. The map exits are labeled, except that on one map there are still "To the forests..." exits right next to labeled exits. Is this bugged? Have I done something wrong? Is there any answer other than just clicking random exits?

I can't even just go back to my ship and come back to this quest later, it's just a brick wall. This is beyond stupid. This is customer-hating poo poo.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I said it before already but the more I play this game the more I feel compelled to repeat that, holy poo poo, what a good rear end game.
It's got all the things I loved about Wrath of the Righteous but this time all of the gameplay is fun and engaging to me, and instead dreading Owlcat(tm) encounters or the side-game battles, I'm looking forward to them this time.

Seriously, I would welcome more space battles.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Sab669 posted:

While I am not going to spend the time and energy to get upset at someone who renders up a funny face for their CRPG character or to be Goblins #1, #2, and #4 in their online tabletop, it is primarily a tool for producing an extruded artlike product instead of (this is the important part) someone at some point actually paying an artist. If it has any value, it is as an assistant to artists, not as a replacement.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Nessus posted:

If it has any value, it is as an assistant to artists, not as a replacement.

That's what I said in my last post, yes. It's another tool in the artist's toolbelt.
It is also competent enough for the non-creative type to create low-stakes art.

Regardless, this is all really off topic for the thread at this point so this is my last post on it

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The space battles and colony Management are the highlight for me. I would gladly play a version of this game with radically more sophisticated colony management and no foot combat.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

It sounds like there’ll be some kind of expansion to ship combat in the first DLC.

quote:

The first major story expansion is all about the Rogue Trader's voidship, the life of its crew, and the threats lurking in its holds. Dive into a new epic story integrated into the main narrative, battle new enemies, and recruit a new companion — a death cult assassin. Explore new decks of your voidship, unlock new upgrade options, and master the mechanics of void combat. Meet new members of your crew on the bridge, such as the Astropath, the chirurgeon, and others.
The events of this story will be reflected in the game's epilogue.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Sab669 posted:

The mind truly boggles. "It's not powerful, but it can do tasks that you'd otherwise need to spend tens of hours mastering this other digital tool to accomplish". I didn't have to go spend hundreds of hours taking art courses to produce a number of portraits instantly, that's definitely not amazing at all. Imagine going back 30 years ago and telling people, "Hey soon you'll have the ability to generate any random image based on a couple words" and them going "Eh so what?"
I just don't think the results of a cracked.com photoshop contest are particularly impressive end products. You have to have a sufficient mass of better art as an input and what you get is just the kind of thing lowtax would think is funny.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Phanatic posted:

If it's fine you must also like bashing your own dick with a hammer. It might be fine if it weren't a series of tiny loving maps with loading times between them. I mean come on, there are single maps that are bigger than this whole maze and I don't need to load multiple times to traverse them. This is stupid.

I'm at the Forest Dweller Village. I completed the ritual. Nobody will talk to me. The map exits are labeled, except that on one map there are still "To the forests..." exits right next to labeled exits. Is this bugged? Have I done something wrong? Is there any answer other than just clicking random exits?

I can't even just go back to my ship and come back to this quest later, it's just a brick wall. This is beyond stupid. This is customer-hating poo poo.

Ugh the forest village thing was supposed to be fixed today -_-

That whole planet is annoyingly buggy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
There's another update planned next week which is supposed to be mostly quest bug fixes and then they plan to fix talents and abilities.