Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

blizzardvizard posted:

I find it a bit weird that Dr. Ratio and Argenti's stacks are permanent honestly. I'm not saying they need to be nerfed but from a design perspective it's like, what's the purpose of making them stacks if they just become static bonuses after about 2 turns? I guess with Ratio you do have to work a bit for it but Argenti doesn't need to do anything except to press his skill.

I'm guessing the intention is to reduce the frontloadedness of damage so 0 cycling is harder without actually impacting a character's ideal power level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eej posted:

I'm guessing the intention is to reduce the frontloadedness of damage so 0 cycling is harder without actually impacting a character's ideal power level.

Also, Argenti gets 0 crit in his traces. His crit bonus is comparable to Jing Yuan's traces, and Argenti gets no crit damage without his e1. He's literally Jing Yuan without the stand. Argenti can put out big funny numbers, but compared to the limited Destruction characters, he's a wuss.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Just maxed out the battle pass at 70 comfortably. Got to say that the extra credit is sure nice

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

NeonPunk posted:

Just maxed out the battle pass at 70 comfortably. Got to say that the extra credit is sure nice

Yeah, I usually get to 50 with no problems (and that's with me not bothering with some weeklies), so being able to just earn extra credits while waiting for the next pass is pretty great

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I found the peace of mind of not having to pay any attention to it whatsoever worth more than that paltry sum of credits, tbh. Like, I suppose I could just ignore it anyway, but now it's got a permanent red mark calling my attention and I have to press a lot of different buttons just to redeem to rewards I earn incidentally.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
well i hit 70 so now i don't gotta think about it for a week

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Clarste posted:

I found the peace of mind of not having to pay any attention to it whatsoever worth more than that paltry sum of credits, tbh. Like, I suppose I could just ignore it anyway, but now it's got a permanent red mark calling my attention and I have to press a lot of different buttons just to redeem to rewards I earn incidentally.

it feels like this should be a ridiculous sentiment but i actually agree. what i imagine is supposed to be a fun dopamine hit part of the game (push the red buttons, fill up the exp bar, get the rewards) often feels like a chore the way they've designed. not sure if its just the amount of buttons you need to press or the experience of actually opening the battle pass or what.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm free of the battle pass! Quinque has her S5 light cone, and since Ratio is free, there isn't anyone I feel compelled to pull for until at least 2.1. I might try for Blade because I really wanted him the first time, but I also want to focus on finishing several characters. And I still need to start farming for Ratio.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i like the additional battle pass money because i hate grinding for credits :shrug:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
200k credits and some relic xp, of course people hate it

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
The battle pass is fine because I've never had a problem snagging everything available in a week just playing the game like I normally do and using up my energy every day.

The most egregious thing the BP has ever asked of me is to go do stagnant shadow when I have no characters I want to uncap. Otherwise everything just solves itself, and I've hit cap every patch without issue.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yeah I'm not going out of my way to do the bp ever. It just happens. I reserve my hatred of other games where I have to play long odious hours to actually finish theirs.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

It probably helps that I took a long break so am still actively building characters (and therefore doing the content the bp wants me to) but maxing the bp passively wasn’t really an issue. I still have two levels left but will finish it by the end of the week. The extra credits have been extremely helpful, and relic mats are a nice perk.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

You're always building characters unless you just stop pulling.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Even if you stop pulling, there's still the neverending relic grinding for the perfect gear anyways

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Can't hear you, busy maxing out Himeko's traces.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

yeah baby I've got a guarantee. guarantee to lose every single coinflip

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I somehow, after hitting Silver Wolf in 16 warps last time, got Argenti and Hanya in a single ten pull this time. What the gently caress.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Video Games posted:

You're always building characters unless you just stop pulling.

Otoh, over in Genshin, I've just started building Jean, a Standard 5* I've had for ages on my bench, for lack of anything else to do since the new Limited doesn't interest me and I have to vaporize my pile of trash artifacts somehow.

Eventually you just hit an equilibrium with your teams and it becomes about "want" rather than "need".

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The last character I felt like I needed was Fu Xuan. Now that I have decent sustain, everyone I pull is because I want them. I have such a backlog that I will easily be building characters for a couple of months without pulling anyone else.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm actually looking forward to just grinding relics. I'm working on 3 Erudition characters, 3 Harmony, 3 Nihility, an Abundance, and maybe a Destruction. It all depends on if I decide to go for Blade. Plus, I might just finish Asta and Guinaifen because I want to. And I need to start farming for Ratio soon.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I really hope Fu doesn't rerun in the first couple of 2.x patches, because between Ruan Mei, Black Swan, and Sparkle I will absolutely not be able to afford her.

And Aventurine at some point urgh too many good characters! I guess my account is just destined to have no good sustains other than Huohuo.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The only 2.x character I'm remotely interested in is Sam. But he's not until at least 2.2.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

The only battle pass thing I go out of my way to do is the weekly one to synthesize 10 consumables, because it's trivial. The rest just kind of happen, or don't. I definitely don't change what I'm farming for them.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I don't do the consumables one except on the first week of a patch because I dislike the idea of filling my inventory with garbage I never use.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to grind relics until I hit cap again.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I craft the atk boosting consumables now that we've got auto-use it's trivial to just get a little extra "oomph"

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

You guys know that those consumables does work on echos of war and caverns of corrosion too right? Just set it on auto use and make your life easier.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Just realized I've been so loving busy the last week that I still havent caught the second half of the livestream where they go over the new events, Penacony characters and SU poo poo.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm not normally one to care about efficiency, but should I be spending my energy differently? I typically do a full run each of trace and xp mat, 1 cavern run, and 1 Stagnant Shadow. The leftover energy typically goes into whatever I need. Either light cone xp or more mats or another Cavern or Shadow run. Should I be doing something different for the long term, or just keep on trucking?

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

just do whatever works for you tbh

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i do one lightcone exp, one trace materials, and then whatever

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I just do whatever I need most at the time, no planning here

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I need everything all the time so I just do whatever the BP wants that week, then grind other stuff when the weeklies are clear

It's a lot easier than the Genshin BP

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Bad Video Games posted:

I'm not normally one to care about efficiency, but should I be spending my energy differently? I typically do a full run each of trace and xp mat, 1 cavern run, and 1 Stagnant Shadow. The leftover energy typically goes into whatever I need. Either light cone xp or more mats or another Cavern or Shadow run. Should I be doing something different for the long term, or just keep on trucking?

Why would you do anything other than whatever you need? Aside from fully using any double rewards event and getting your Echoes of War done, anyway. It doesn't really matter how your energy is spent as long as you're spending it and getting stuff that you will eventually use. But I figure there's no point in gathering stuff that I don't have an immediate use or plan for (like the upcoming Dr Ratio).

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Because I actually need all of that.

Argenti is level 78 with 8/9/9 traces and 2 side traces. That's around 1.4 million credits and 74 purple mats.

Then I have Quinque and Herta. And 8 more characters I want to finish.

And I just put together an S5 Cogs for Tingyun and Hanya to share. Need to level that, and a couple Nihility cones.

And I always need better gear. I have Topaz in Attack boots because they finish her set and have great substats. I don't even have a pair of Speed boots with better subs. And she has a lovely Attack rope with no crit because it rolled 7 Speed.

The only thing I don't farm is the Echoes of War. There's no point until I start needing the mats again.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
The echoes of war give relic exp + LC drops, though. It’s a good deal, I’ve gotten several 4* LC from it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Not worth it for me. I'd rather use that energy for other things.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Why did you ask us what to do with your energy exactly

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

coolusername posted:

I just do whatever I need most at the time, no planning here

Agreed. Seems like the most efficient way to go rather than have a bunch of mats sitting unused in your inventory for some hypothetical future character.

Bad Video Games posted:

The only thing I don't farm is the Echoes of War. There's no point until I start needing the mats again.

I still think it's worth farming every week since it's the only upgrade material in the game that is time-gated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i've actually been at loss of what to spend my energy on these days (especially doubly so after they announced 2.0 characters would be using different trace material, after i'd grinded up 100 golds of harmony and nihility stuff eheu), so sometimes i forget and just let it overcap. honestly i think that's actually secretly the play because then i can carry over 500~ extra 'free' energy over to 2.0 to use on the new content instead