Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Allison runs into Gog Prime, which contains more worms than its volume would indicate and is shaped like a car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FuturePastNow posted:

Who says she's interrupting them, maybe she's joining in

She is Royalty, a continuous cutting motion. She walks through a parade of dozens, if not hundreds, the parade will Stop for her.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Sometimes if you cut a worm, both halves survive and regenerate. Royalty is not a solution to a Gog-Agog wormwave.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Allison eats the worm in 37 years and her understanding of "life" ends then.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Allison eats the worm to give gog leverage and friendship, then completely no sells any ensuing gog shenanigans.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Allison will reject the worm because it's overrated, and also kinda phallic if you think about it.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Sometimes you eat the worm, and sometimes, well, the worm eats you.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Allison goes completely unnoticed walking through the parade because she walked without rhythm

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

W.T. Fits posted:

Allison will reject the worm because it's overrated, and also kinda phallic if you think about it.

Gog, I would eat the worm but this is clearly cheap tequila, not mescal. Up your game

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Tiny Myers posted:

Allison goes completely unnoticed walking through the parade because she walked without rhythm

gently caress

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Walk without rhythm, speak without rhyme. Al-Yisun Ruth, now is your time.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Bilirubin posted:

Gog, I would eat the worm but this is clearly cheap tequila, not mescal. Up your game

She'll down them both. After all, you'll never outdrink a sorority sister.

Royalty is a continuous drinking motion.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

YaketySass posted:

Allison runs into Gog Prime, which contains more worms than its volume would indicate and is shaped like a car.
Allison tries to pull the worm out of herself and there’s a several-panel gag where she keeps pulling out more and more and more of them in various colors tied end to end.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

girl dick energy posted:

Allison tries to pull the worm out of herself and there’s a several-panel gag where she keeps pulling out more and more and more of them in various colors tied end to end.

Only if she pulls them out of her nose, ears or knee.

It's a clowncartilage joke.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Allison, Gog-agog's worm, the astral projection of Incubus, and ghost of Zoss sit down at a conference table inside Allison's head

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Multiple people have mentioned it but there isn't actually any "gog prime", right? Gog is properly distributed such that she is all the worms and none of them in particular, right?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

GlyphGryph posted:

Multiple people have mentioned it but there isn't actually any "gog prime", right? Gog is properly distributed such that she is all the worms and none of them in particular, right?

I don't think it's ever been made clear. Despite my own joke I think what you said is more likely, which would make her nearly as indestructible as Jagg. Unless you can destroy basically the entire multiverse at once, there's always gonna be a few worms you missed. And they'll be very upset.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

GlyphGryph posted:

From what I remember Gog-Agog started as a swarm of worms that ate someone who died with a key, then either copied sapience along with gaining that key, or acquiring the key allowed the worm swarm to form a sapient hivemind. There's not a single worm that was Gog-Agog, it was a big pile of them from the start.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

FuturePastNow posted:

Allison, Gog-agog's worm, the astral projection of Incubus, and ghost of Zoss sit down at a conference table inside Allison's head

You'd think this would be an epic Commander pod for Friday Night Magic, but they'd never manage to get a game started since they'd never actually finish shuffling their decks.

After all, Royalty is a continuous cutting motion.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

nimby posted:

From what I remember Gog-Agog started as a swarm of worms that ate someone who died with a key, then either copied sapience along with gaining that key, or acquiring the key allowed the worm swarm to form a sapient hivemind. There's not a single worm that was Gog-Agog, it was a big pile of them from the start.

The key was a couple steps down the line.

The worms ate this random lady that killed herself, and then kinda was the lady but also kinda was the worms, and then kept eating/assuming the identity of people up the chain in fits of jealousy, and then eventually somebody with a key opened up a portal to a world that at that point was OOOPS All Worms! and immediately got eaten themself.

But the only thing particularly special about that first dead lady was how strongly she felt her emotions, she wasn't some great wizard that the worms absorbed the power of.

This is all outside of full on Canon and theoretically subject to change when/if actually visited in comic, but it's basically the accounting of Gog's origins we have.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Nothing has been made clear about Gog-Agog, including her origins, her intentions, or the full extent of her power. Which is what makes her particularly scary. She (presumably) COULD take over the universe at any time, and presumably COULD have infected Allison without her consent, or the other demiurges, but she doesn't. It seems like the only way to "defeat" her is to get her on your side or convince her to stay neutral (as Mottom unintentionally did for Jagganoth).

Allison only knows how to punch things, and that doesn't work on Gog-Agog, so this is going to be an uphill battle for her. But her ace in the hole is that Gog-Agog thinks she's really cool.

My thoughts - Gog-Agog seems to really care about being included and not belittled or taken for granted. That was the issue in her fights with Mottom and why she inserted herself into Dave's tournament. And she's LONELY! It's boring when everyone is you. She wants there to still be "other" people to interact with, otherwise she'd just infect willy-nilly until nothing is left. So if Allison has figured that out, she might be able to reason with her - or at least as much as you can reason with Gog-Agog. It may just be enough to tell her she's needed.

Or maybe Allison will intentionally worm herself and fight for control of the hivemind. That could be a cool twist too.

reignonyourparade posted:

The key was a couple steps down the line.

The worms ate this random lady that killed herself, and then kinda was the lady but also kinda was the worms, and then kept eating/assuming the identity of people up the chain in fits of jealousy, and then eventually somebody with a key opened up a portal to a world that at that point was OOOPS All Worms! and immediately got eaten themself.

But the only thing particularly special about that first dead lady was how strongly she felt her emotions, she wasn't some great wizard that the worms absorbed the power of.

This is all outside of full on Canon and theoretically subject to change when/if actually visited in comic, but it's basically the accounting of Gog's origins we have.

Yeah I remember this origin too, but I couldn't remember if it was part of the comic or more early concept ideas that probably have changed by now. Gog-Agog is the oldest demiurge concept predating the comic - she went from a living tattoo on Allison, to a masculine "King of Worms" with no clown/jester motif at all, to her current form.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Dec 21, 2023

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I think Gog-Agog, while quite powerful, isn't really able to just wipe the floor with other demiurges; she's very resilient, but there's no evidence she ever stood a chance of worming the other seven secretly or anything like that, and of the seven it's always been explicit that only Jagganoth was substantially outside the rest in power and danger.

Though that still makes her a godlike danger capable of casually destroying worlds.

I suspect that the way she would lose to another demiurge would be to have the key yanked out of her, since we see flashbacks of the Universal War where keys get yanked from still-living skulls. Not that it's guaranteed, just that it's possible.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah, I do say "presumably". We and the demiurges don't know the extent of her power. If they knew for sure one way or another, they might be less inclined to tolerate her presence.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Gog can survive anything, as long as it's funny.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

W.T. Fits posted:

You'd think this would be an epic Commander pod for Friday Night Magic, but they'd never manage to get a game started since they'd never actually finish shuffling their decks.

After all, Royalty is a continuous cutting motion.

Can't wait for the Wheel to be reset so I can boo this post again.

OlaOst
Oct 17, 2012

All Yisun wants is the truth

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

OlaOst posted:

All Yisun wants is the truth

Yisun doesn't even know what truth is.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
It's sufficient to know what it isn't.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1738292136183738452
https://vxtwitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1738292136183738452

loving Elon let me embed things, uhhh there's a new page out

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wheel-smashing-lord-3-64/

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 22, 2023

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

NuCio skulkin’ about, surely this can’t go wrong.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

drat Allison, how'd you miss that while scanning the area to find the Gog proession?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

"There's no better time for parties than the end of the world. We throw one every time!" is one of those lines that just fucks

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

The alt text saying Gog commits to kayfabe suggests that these are all Gog and there's no "main" one.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

The Leviathan Revue would be a sick-rear end metal album name.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Rotten Red Rod posted:

The alt text saying Gog commits to kayfabe suggests that these are all Gog and there's no "main" one.

That makes sense. Eating the worm probably kills you immediately, and she just goes on pretending to be you until she decides not to.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

YA
HEYA
HEYA
HEY

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Alison begins her Gathering of the Juggaloes arc

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Bilirubin posted:

YA
HEYA
HEYA
HEY

clap clap clap

You think you've got it,
oh you think you've got it,
But got it just don't get it 'til there's nothin' at allllll...

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
smash smash
bang bang
don't stop
chalang-a-lang-a-lang