Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Beer_Suitcase posted:

It's a white vest, and a had a white tie and I picked the tux jacket with tails as well. I did not wear the mask to Benihanas

I figured because I also had a white vest with a white ascot. Yeah, ascot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I wore a kilt and a Prince Charlie (tuxedo jacket+vest cut for kilt wearing). They also let me in despite me wearing a dirk on my side and a dagger in my sock.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I stayed home for my prom and played Halo 2 for an insane amount of time. Still went to a house party the saturday after prom where I got very drunk and touched boobs. Don't know if prom would've lead me to touching boobs

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My prom story is I didn't go to prom.

This lady discovered taking a selfie by a train is a bad idea if you are an idiot.

She's ok. Just got her hand smacked by the train.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

My prom story is I didn't go to prom.

This lady discovered taking a selfie by a train is a bad idea if you are an idiot.

She's ok. Just got her hand smacked by the train.

Two people in my high school thought it would be cool to get stoned at the train yard, in between two trains, you can imagine how that went:

Girl lost a finger and almost lost her other hand, split down the middle, dude was hospitalized for a TBI and lost... a toe or whole foot or something I don't really remember

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
A good friend of mine was crossing some train tracks with his Mormon mission companion, or walking along them, and the train snagged his backpack. He was in a coma by the time he was in the hospital. His family had him flown home, and had to make the decision to pull the plug.

He had written me a letter a month earlier telling me to go on a mission.

Don’t hang out near trains.

Haptical Sales Slut has a new favorite as of 22:20 on Dec 21, 2023

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Everyone knows you have to have at least two or three kids together before you figure out if you're ready for a big commitment like marriage.

I mentioned that because my parents were each born about 7 months after both sets of my grandparents got married.

I should note both sets of grandparents stayed married until death and from all outside appearances seemed very much in love.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
Prom story: guy got decapitated. Some rich kids had rented an open-top double-decker party bus to get to the prom, and the guy was standing up on the top deck when it went under a low bridge. Yay free PTSD for everyone.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

None of these prom stories involve any good nut shots :confused:

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

bad_fmr posted:

The shad is on you for expecting good content

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

minato posted:

Prom story: guy got decapitated. Some rich kids had rented an open-top double-decker party bus to get to the prom, and the guy was standing up on the top deck when it went under a low bridge. Yay free PTSD for everyone.

That bridge was a comrade.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

bad_fmr posted:

Stop asking to see high schoolers receive nut shots, TIA.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Pasketti posted:

but at the same time my brother and dad worked at that hotel and said that basically everyone on staff did drugs during their entire shift so :shrug: salad math probably wasn't a top concern

Hey, I used to work there! It's called "Every Restaurant", right?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

minato posted:

If I drove a bus like this I'd be like "everyone sit the gently caress down!!!!" over the PA for five minutes even approaching a bridge. Maybe check the brake real hard so everyone standing falls.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

bad_fmr posted:

I had an ex that I think was trying to make me jealous...? And during prom the year we broke up she made it a point to do some pretty dirty dancing and making out on the dance floor next to my date and I. My date and I had a lovely time and ended up dating for a year or so. My ex apparently went to the bathroom with her date and had sex, got knocked up, missed most of her senior year, got abandoned by her baby daddy right after high school and decorated cakes at the local grocery store for the next 20 years. So I guess that was a pretty funny nut shot inside her.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Not that kind of nut shot

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cake decorating seems like a cool job

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Late to prom talk but here is my prom photo

Me and my date met at a school trip to see Phantom of the Opera and I thought it was romantic and cool. It was not well received.

I'm sorry to quote your shame, but it is so loving funny. I literally can't stop laughing.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
so Rudy filed for bankruptcy today... and guess who he owes money to?

quote:

President Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden, who has faced his own legal troubles surrounding alleged tax fraud, was also listed as a creditor in the bankruptcy petition. It remained unknown how much money Giuliani may owe Hunter Biden. The exact reason Biden is listed is unclear, with the filing only noting "lawsuit."

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Biplane posted:

I'm sorry to quote your shame, but it is so loving funny. I literally can't stop laughing.

I used to be rather embarrassed about this but not any more

Oh I found another photo

edit: there isn't an unedited version so just imagine a face there if you have to

Beer_Suitcase has a new favorite as of 00:56 on Dec 22, 2023

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Your mask was a better costume choice than her weird pink blob mask, at least.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Oh I found another photo

edit: there isn't an unedited version so just imagine a face there if you have to

Glorious. I salute you :lol:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Oh I found another photo

You dated Kirby?

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

The lesser-known Pepto of the Opera

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
🎵🎶The phaaaaantom of the opera is there at senior prom.🎶🎵

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
jesus christ you are all still talking about prom

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I'm literally at my prom right now

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

derp posted:

jesus christ you are all still talking about prom

Actually we've moved onto the meta part where we're talking about people talking about the prom. Thanks for playing.

No wait, now we're onto the talking about people who are talking about people who are talking about the prom. This goes deep.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Anyone else have photographic personal schadenfreude? Does not even have to be prom at all or anything.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I've got a lot of photos showing me as a dumb little bowlcut nerd as a kid, but I'm not about to go public with that

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Toasted posted:

PYF Schadenfreude: The schad is on you for expecting good content

E: wait gently caress

derp posted:

PYF Schadenfreude: jesus christ you are all still talking about prom

Shit Fuckasaurus has a new favorite as of 03:41 on Dec 22, 2023

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've got a lot of photos showing me as a dumb little bowlcut nerd as a kid, but I'm not about to go public with that

drat that's a hell of a bowlcut

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Captain Hygiene posted:

I wore a zoot suit to prom

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Dillbag posted:

My prom was upstaged by three kids in the grade below us that everyone knew dying in a drunk driving rollover that evening. 2/3rds of the class left early and missed the prize draws, where my friend Victor won the trip to Disneyland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsoPp3f5P_M&t=22s

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Anyone else have photographic personal schadenfreude? Does not even have to be prom at all or anything.

i was in a ska band and i had white guy dreads, no i am sure as gently caress not posting that

e; the ska band i dont regret but the dreads, oof

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Large Testicles posted:

i was in a ska band and i had white guy dreads, no i am sure as gently caress not posting that

Embrace the schad, let it pass through you.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Large Testicles posted:

What's the difference between a moose and a ska band?

A moose has two horns up front and an rear end in a top hat in the back.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
When it came to my school prom, the year above us had been so debauched, getting drunk and loving stuff up that the school cancelled proms - forever. No more.
The girls in my year were furious, and spent 6 months lobbying to bring them back. Eventually the school relented and said we see how important it is to you, fine, we will bring them back. But unfortunately it's too late to do one this year, so they'll start again next year. They've had one every year since.

Over 100 years of proms and in the entire history of the school only one year skipped, and it wasn't even because of anyone in the skipped year lol. The girls all collectively turned into mega assholes towards the teachers involved and the rest of the year was hilarious with former straight A girls now turning into the unruly ones that would answer back and give the teachers poo poo.

I didn't really care because I was riddled with anxiety through high school and would have skipped it and subsequently been very, very upset about not 'getting' to go, and then to save face tried to act like I was doing something more fun instead (which everyone would have seen right through). So it's good I got to skip all that.

cubicle gangster has a new favorite as of 05:52 on Dec 22, 2023

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Don’t hang out near trains.
And be careful working around them. A friend in high school had a dad that worked at a rail yard and was bisected by the couplings while linking two cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Is that actually true? That's a very common railroader urban legend.