Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

They should probably cover Indy 5 for completionism but the only real point of discussion is how clear and disappointing it is that Mangold is not Spielberg.

thrawn527 posted:

What the gently caress?

*Googles trailer*

WHAT THE gently caress?!
Truly a great time if you are into that kind of thing. A romp!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Kneecaps posted:

I think it's just too generic and boring. There's not much to it. You can only say, "and now another random action scene" so many times.

Kind of feel the same about Five Nights at Freddy's. It's just kind of a regular boring "for the fans" movie so I don't know how much fun you could have riffing on it.

Fool's Paradise seems like something you could really rip into as a total waste.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I need to be clear I only put fools paradise on there because so many people disliked it. I’m a psycho and sorta liked it.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Silent Night Deadly Night was an all-timer of an episode between the horrors of Santa Con and the horrific insight into Eric's life growing up.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

A Fancy Hat posted:

Silent Night Deadly Night was an all-timer of an episode between the horrors of Santa Con and the horrific insight into Eric's life growing up.

Some of the stories Eric told hit a little close to home.

Also, a possible late entry for Worst of 2023: Rebel Moon.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Every year we peel back another layer of Eric’s story it’s like looking into a mirror.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Eric's closer on the Gleep Glossary actually took me for a ride before that loving dad joke. God damnit.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Jose Oquendo posted:

Some of the stories Eric told hit a little close to home.

Also, a possible late entry for Worst of 2023: Rebel Moon.

I haven't watched it since it's not out yet, and obviously neither have they. But given their previous opinions on Snyder, this is a definite possibility.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

I haven't watched it since it's not out yet, and obviously neither have they. But given their previous opinions on Snyder, this is a definite possibility.

Didn't it come out yesterday, at least in theatres?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

A Fancy Hat posted:

I haven’t listened yet but Santacon is an absolutely fuckin nightmare

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Angry_Ed posted:

Didn't it come out yesterday, at least in theatres?

Extremely limited theaters in only a few cities. I doubt they’d put in the effort for Snyder. (Maybe Cabin.) It doesn’t hit Netflix until the end of this week.

I guess we’ll find out on their Monday live stream if any of them saw it.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Last On-Screen Live of the year has been canceled due to illness and OSL will return in late January 2024. They also say their favorites of 2023 will be posted somewhere soon.

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1736748787119333627

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Steve ate too many combos

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

...or Whatchamacallit's

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

This is what comes of trying to do too many things as sandwichly as possible.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Can't believe they hated Rebel Moon so much it made them physically ill.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Downloading the Love, Actually episode and seeing that it's nearly three hours without ads. :getin:

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

https://twitter.com/therealsobreiro/status/1737187789882425797?s=46&t=K028If7Q4wkgRsW25MYTKA

this episode is an instant WHM Holiday Classic

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Wish I could go back in time and let them know about the absolutely INSANE deleted scenes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FpFMTbnfI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKb-PLLFgFY

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I think Letterboxd is spoiling at least one Worst of 2023 pick: Hypnotic

I can't wait. That movie was baffling on multiple levels.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

ugh i gotta watch that thing. its been on my plate for a minute.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
So is the love actually ep worth listening to? I listed to half an hour and there's still 2.5 left. These are guys who complain that movies aren't 85 minutes but then release this.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Yes

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Bip Roberts posted:

So is the love actually ep worth listening to? I listed to half an hour and there's still 2.5 left. These are guys who complain that movies aren't 85 minutes but then release this.

Yes. It's hilarious. Eric starts melting down about how many more stories they have to go through and there's a random 8mm reference near the end that had me dying

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
"Is grandpa going to kill the girl?"

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
It’s like 10 quarter formed movies crammed into one and a great episode. I forgot all the horrors of the film.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I loved the brief bit of Eric playing the Gleep Glossary soundboard at Steve’s funeral

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
The episode definitely started in a very "Aww this is bland pap" space but by the time they're 5 plot lines in and discussing Alan Rickman basically trying to burn down his professional and home life with inappropriate sex and then someone goes "okay so two more..."

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Their Alan Rickman voice referring to his office mistress as Pumpy had me in hysterics. Great episode.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Goddamn I love their bill nighy impressions and this one has it in spades. Lots of LOL moments. 3 hours is a lift but dang it's a good one

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

https://i.imgur.com/dBXCyjR.mp4

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

claw game handjob posted:

The episode definitely started in a very "Aww this is bland pap" space but by the time they're 5 plot lines in and discussing Alan Rickman basically trying to burn down his professional and home life with inappropriate sex and then someone goes "okay so two more..."

But then they realised there were actually four more!

This episode gets better as it goes, because they slowly lose their minds. The first half is a bit of a slog.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Of course there’s more gooning talk in the commentary. OF COURSE!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Pops Mgee posted:

Of course there’s more gooning talk in the commentary. OF COURSE!
Also "They filmed this in Michael Vick's backyard!" :eyepop:

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Gyges posted:

Out of curiosity, do they bring up the rumor that you could totally see up Jessica Rabbit's dress at that one part if you frame advanced to the exact right frame?

You can, there's just nothing in there, it was like a coloring error or something. Blurry enough in standard def (it's only on the home release laserdisc) that it could be seen as ambiguous if you were like wildly hopeful, I guess. They didn't animate a vagina or whatever. But that doesn't mean there isn't weird poo poo in the movie. There's a single frame in the bar of Betty Boop with her dress falling off and her nipples out.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

theironjef posted:

. But that doesn't mean there isn't weird poo poo in the movie. There's a single frame in the bar of Betty Boop with her dress falling off and her nipples out.

……what?

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

enigmahfc posted:

……what?

:nws:It's a, uh, thing that exists.:nws:

Presumably members of the Order of Boop already knew about it.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Hot

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

theironjef posted:

There's a single frame in the bar of Betty Boop with her dress falling off and her nipples out.

Requested by Zemekis himself

https://youtu.be/sJ1cf00rq1w?si=wpLxW945IPkxiXUc. 58:10 is the time code. But the whole doc is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
January line-up:

Episode 715 – Hypnotic

Episode 716 – Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

Episode 717– The Family Plan

Episode 718 – Expend4bles

Episode 719 – Saw X

Patreon Episodes:

We Love Movies – Oppenheimer

Animation Damnation: Agent Elvis: “Full Tilt” (s1, e1)

The Nexus: TOS: “The Way to Eden” (s3, 20), TNG: “Remember Me” (s4, e5)

Gleep Glossary: Lady Valerian

MelR0210: 90210“Song of Myself” (s3, e7), Melrose Place: “With this Ball and Chain” (s2, e22)

Also had to post these comments on Rebel Moon:

Chris: Takes two hours to assemble the team, leaving 30 minutes to start and finish the actual story. A genuinely remarkable amount of rape threats. You could get dizzy pointing out all the other blockbusters that Snyder is lifting directly from here, but primarily feels like a bootleg Warhammer adaptation. Stuff is always happening while the core of the film remains inert. I’m sure I’ll think it’s a masterpiece after I see three other versions of this film and five versions of Part 2.

Eric: Hated it.