Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Antiquated Pants posted:

Does anyone know why they never completed the Hunger Games series? I figured they would've been big sellers, but they seem to be doing less big budget movies these days.

I think it's just the Just the Jokes don't do as well as the VODs so they direct their efforts to those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
I think most of the JtJ releases they do now start as kickstarter incentives. They have to be a lot cheaper to make since they don't require licensing the movie at all, but with how low priority they are they must sell like absolute dogshit compared to VoD content.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm sure most knew this but the RiffTrax of It's A Wonderful Life is missing George seeing if he'd never been born, which you might rightly call the crux of the film, but it's because that specific part is copyrighted because it's adapted from a short story. Everything else is public domain. Interesting.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Dawgstar posted:

I'm sure most knew this but the RiffTrax of It's A Wonderful Life is missing George seeing if he'd never been born, which you might rightly call the crux of the film, but it's because that specific part is copyrighted because it's adapted from a short story. Everything else is public domain. Interesting.

"Clarence had the $8,000! This movie is a lot different from how I remembered it."

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Antiquated Pants posted:

Does anyone know why they never completed the Hunger Games series? I figured they would've been big sellers, but they seem to be doing less big budget movies these days.

They never finished the series because the first one just didn't do the numbers they expected, so they decided not to put the time and effort into doing any more.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not really sure what they were thinking with in Inspector Mom 2 and the mean drunk best friend character.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

muscles like this! posted:

Not really sure what they were thinking with in Inspector Mom 2 and the mean drunk best friend character.

Given that they couldn't nail down what her husband's name is, I'm guessing they weren't thinking much at all.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

A SECOND one?

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
Just watched Paradise Motel... And I need someone to explain what in god's name I just watched. I have seen so many bad movies, and this is the first that I truly don't understand. Who was the younger blond lady? Who was the other younger lady? Did they work for the motel or something? Did rifftrax cut something out because I am so drat confused?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

yes.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Rewatched Fun in Balloonland as it’s that time of year.

“I salute you, Grenadier Guard!” really got me this year. Also, Yay, yay!

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
It can't be overstated how much pop culture of the 20th century saved us from the horrors of "The Marrying Turkey" and "Mrs.Patchpockets" becoming mainstays.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
To be fair, "The Owl and the Pussycat" (the late-19th century Edward Lear poem "marryin' turkey" came from) was a mainstay through at least the first half of the 20th century, but it could have been worse.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I think you mean unequivocally better!
I want to hear about a glowing dong, happy and gay!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
OOoOooOOHhhH

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

By popular demand posted:

I think you mean unequivocally better!
I want to hear about a glowing dong, happy and gay!

Yay, yay!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Do you think Mrs. Patchpockets would be my roommate?

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
https://twitter.com/rifftrax/status/1735011712250847609

https://www.rifftrax.com/koopa-klaus

Sean & Conor riff of a Super Mario Bros super show episode. Their kids guide to the internet riff is one of my favorite shorts, so I’ll get this one too.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
🎵You’re goin’ surfin’ on the internet🎵

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Edward Mass posted:

🎵You’re goin’ surfin’ on the internet🎵

"Am I dead?"

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

"Six foot party sub, coming through!"

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

"I'm playing Duncan, so this shouldn't take long."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
So... The Christmas Martian.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Which is a better movie to watch when under the influence: Monster's Christmas or Christmas Martian?

Serious question. I have plans for Saturday and I can't do both.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Gavok posted:

Which is a better movie to watch when under the influence: Monster's Christmas or Christmas Martian?

Serious question. I have plans for Saturday and I can't do both.

If you're going to watch christmas martian, you definitely want to be high on something.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

So... The Christmas Martian.

But not in so many words.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
The weird foreign Christmas movies are one of my favorite types of Rifftrax. I watch the French one where Santa saves the kids parents from terrorists in Africa every year.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

https://www.rifftrax.com/santa-and-the-three-bears

From the makers of Santa and The Ice Cream Bunny comes Santa and the Three Bears. (Plus porpoises)

Bill yelling as the Ice Cream Bunny is one of my favorite riffs ever. They made more films?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Another short dropped, I'm guessing it's the English Language translation of the French version of The Little Match Girl. Which is a good sign! European's never made sad movies

https://www.rifftrax.com/the-little-match-girl

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Check your email for a $10 coupon, folks!

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Wow is The Christmas Deer bleak as heck. Also what is up with the fake beard on Nicholas, looks like they made a new one for each scene.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Jet Jaguar posted:

https://www.rifftrax.com/santa-and-the-three-bears

From the makers of Santa and The Ice Cream Bunny comes Santa and the Three Bears. (Plus porpoises)

Bill yelling as the Ice Cream Bunny is one of my favorite riffs ever. They made more films?

For some reason, I originally missed that the guy who plays "Mr. Ranger" (in both the live-action segments and does the voice in the cartoon) is Mayberry's resident alcoholic, Otis.

Also...The Christmas Martian. I hadn't seen that movie since I was a kid, and even back then my reaction to it was straight up :stare:. Time has not changed this one bit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bridget and Mary Jo just absolutely losing it at the North Pole drawing in Santa and the Three Bears is really funny.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Amanda and the Alien sure is a movie. Great job by Bridget and MJ.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

Amanda and the Alien sure is a movie. Great job by Bridget and MJ.

I really loved being completely baffled by how Michael Dorn gets shot, so I found the normal cut of the movie and it didn't make any more sense. The original alien lady gets way more skinamaxy though.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bedurndurn posted:

I really loved being completely baffled by how Michael Dorn gets shot, so I found the normal cut of the movie and it didn't make any more sense. The original alien lady gets way more skinamaxy though.

Somewhere they made the movie the weird screwball alien lesbian romp it was supposed to be, but not our reality. I wondered about that cut because it honestly looked like there was a sudden commercial break on the Twitch channel and then Dorn was down, repeat, Dorn was down.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
The Little Mermaid! (not that one)

https://www.rifftrax.com/the-little-mermaid

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

The new Bridget & Mary Jo release looks incredible. It's a shot in Vancouver erotic thriller starring Susan Lucci, John O'Hurley and a million Canadian jobber actors. I can't wait.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Can always count on Canada lol....Rowsdower mobile away!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Another Bill posted:

The new Bridget & Mary Jo release looks incredible. It's a shot in Vancouver erotic thriller starring Susan Lucci, John O'Hurley and a million Canadian jobber actors. I can't wait.

The last Susan Lucci movie they did was a blast.