Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

free advertising idea: posting on x that you dont buy ads on x

33 Days "Twitter" Free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

What’s the largest number of cybertrucks anyone has seen at the same time?

I didn't dig hard but I found 5 CXYBRTRUXX on a car carrier and I haven't found more than that.

That's half of all of them Tesla even claims to exist.

.random
May 7, 2007

What’s the proper collective noun for cybertrucks? A clustertruck?

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

.random posted:

:emptyquote:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

I didn't dig hard but I found 5 CXYBRTRUXX on a car carrier and I haven't found more than that.

That's half of all of them Tesla even claims to exist.

*cargo ship catches fire*

houthis: "we swear that one wasn't us!"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

.random posted:

A Cyk

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Elon J Cuck

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

alright, to sound like an old man: What the gently caress does sigma mean?
Aside from the greek letter?

Mathematically it means like the sum/collection of all things in a set

But techbros/incels don't understand set theory so they assume it's this this thing that sits outside of the alpha beta gamma hierarchy

I was at a party once and some reedy guy was clear ly deep in the paint of this and interpreted my ability to talk to women and having a couple of funny stories in my back pocket as being the sigma male.

"Oh so your a sigma male?"
"Nah man that whole tiering thing is bullshit, just learn how to talk to people, and maybe shave or whatever"
It was equal parts having his conception cracked and accepting knowledge given to him by the sigma (in his system, not mine)

These people lock themselves in a jail and then forget they have the key

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
does tweetdeck seriously cost money now?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

I’m still gonna do bad stuff to the people that used my name on their nfts

ha ha. what a saucy bitch

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Jestery posted:

But techbros/incels don't understand set theory so they assume it's this this thing that sits outside of the alpha beta gamma hierarchy

I was at a party once and some reedy guy was clear ly deep in the paint of this and interpreted my ability to talk to women and having a couple of funny stories in my back pocket as being the sigma male.

"Nah man that whole tiering thing is bullshit, just learn how to talk to people, and maybe shave or whatever"
It was equal parts having his conception cracked and accepting knowledge given to him by the sigma (in his system, not mine)

so what does it mean to someone like you or me?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

oh so you're a sugma?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

.random posted:

A murder of pedestrians

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Grey Cat posted:

A murder of pedestrians

A Wrongful Death Suit of Cybertrucks

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

alpha males = men who are super attractive and charismatic and get all of the females

sigma males = lone wolves who don’t even need or care about women. John wick and homelander are popular examples

Like a lot of internet stuff, it’s something that probably started semi-ironically but then people got into it for real

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

a quick googling leads me to the conclusion that a (e: self-identified) sigma male is an arrogant rear end in a top hat with no friends

freemandela fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Dec 22, 2023

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm a sigmalpha

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Smirking_Serpent posted:

sigma males = lone wolves who don’t even need or care about women. John wick and homelander are popular examples
So I guess no one that identifies as a Sigma male is old enough to have seen the first John Wick then?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Smirking_Serpent posted:

alpha males = men who are super attractive and charismatic and get all of the females

Like a lot of internet stuff, it’s something that probably started semi-ironically but then people got into it for real

homelander was an alpha who could easily pull big mommy milkers anytime he wanted

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Wtf lol

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

.random posted:

Proper noun? You woke or something?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Someone shop some Subway sandwiches into that yacc birthday photo

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
sigma is the tank in overwatch that was made by the foot devs.

also you dont need set theory to start seeing its letter, isnt intro cal, or even pre cal or HS maths enough?

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Jestery posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about? Sigma is a letter in the Greek alphabet, summation is one of the things it's used for.

You do not need to "understand set theory" to understand summation, it's literally a shorthand for a bunch of pluses.

You sound like you've watched one too many YouTube videos and now you loving love science

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sigma Males explained here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdbnnnx93p8

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i ain't watching 100 minutes about what a sigma male is, someone post something stupid elon said quick

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Ah yes Sigma male John Wick, who went crazy when they killed his dog. That his wife gave him.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
"sigma is one of the symbols used for stress in continuum mechanics, I guess sigma males have something to do with handling stress" - something awful poster jestery

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sigma nuts :rolleyes:

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

WhyteRyce posted:

Someone shop some Subway sandwiches into that yacc birthday photo

There's Subway just off frame:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Is that more Taco Bell??

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Ligma Males

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I'm a Lambda Male. I spend all my time running around with a crowbar

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
a FUBAR of Cybertrkks

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

maybeadracula posted:

a FUBAR of Cybertrkks

hosed Up Before ARrival?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
At this point I'm definitely an omicron male

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Alucard posted:

At this point I'm definitely an omicron male

gently caress it I'm a zeta male.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

feelix posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about? Sigma is a letter in the Greek alphabet, summation is one of the things it's used for.

You do not need to "understand set theory" to understand summation, it's literally a shorthand for a bunch of pluses.

You sound like you've watched one too many YouTube videos and now you loving love science

He's talking about how techbros/incels don't understand enough about set theory to know that the explanation of why they chose that letter is wrong. You're shooting the messenger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Further Reading posted:

They're saying that they didn't pay X to announce the partnership. They aren't denying the partnership.

The way partnering with a conference works is some company pays them a bunch of money to have their logo plastered over all the event media and swag. In other words, twitter is the one paying for advertising in this partnership.

Sponsorship and partnership are very different things, and you’re conflating the two.