Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Kild posted:

Wrong thread?

oops lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's understandable they're very easy to mix up right now.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Horikoshi illustration for the stage play.

It's a reference to some TV/streaming show but I don't know anything about it.

https://x.com/myheroacademia/status/1735948230129819781?s=20

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

SpacePig posted:

One For All, I think.

Ah that makes sense

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
An early merry Christmas to this thread

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
My very powerful quirk Merry Christmas To All, and its evil counterpart To All A Good Night.

e: there should be a Christmas special called "To All a good Might".

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

SpacePig posted:

My very powerful quirk Merry Christmas To All, and its evil counterpart To All A Good Night.

e: there should be a Christmas special called "To All a good Might".

That's the MHA version of the Life Day special. Deku paid a lot to get a bootleg VHS of it since it only aired once

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

chiasaur11 posted:

That's the MHA version of the Life Day special. Deku paid a lot to get a bootleg VHS of it since it only aired once

He must've headbanged so hard watching that over and over.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

All Might has totally done dozens of Christmas and other holiday TV specials over the years, and Deku watches all of them every year on Christmas.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7583/my-hero-academia-chapter-410?date=21-12-2023-16
Goons, it is peak fiction.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

pop goes the baby

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bakugo died passed out as he lived: telling a baby to go gently caress itself.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Incredible week for Shonen

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

The evil baby has been defeated!

Shigaraki stealing danger sense is, uh, not good. I wonder if he's going to steal all of the One for All quirks until Deku has to beat him with just strength, full circle!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nephthys posted:

The evil baby has been defeated!

Shigaraki stealing danger sense is, uh, not good. I wonder if he's going to steal all of the One for All quirks until Deku has to beat him with just strength, full circle!

I don't think so. Danger Sense was the only reason Deku wasn't loving dead there because he responded quickly enough. If he gets his hands on Deku again then Deku's dead.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Finally, the moment we've all been waiting for. Bakugo got to punch the poo poo out of a fetus.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

One for the road. Bye bye, baby...

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

aw man. I was genuinely enjoying this fight and i think it deserved more space and time for the wrap-up. if the tcb translation is correct and every quirk factor is returning EXCEPT hawks' (voluntarily, it seems like) that's gonna ruffle some feathers.

hey shouldn't uh deku be suffering whatever problem he was supposed to have when gearshift ran out, or have the dozenish chapters since that came up been like, thirty seconds in-universe

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Valentin posted:

aw man. I was genuinely enjoying this fight and i think it deserved more space and time for the wrap-up. if the tcb translation is correct and every quirk factor is returning EXCEPT hawks' (voluntarily, it seems like) that's gonna ruffle some feathers.

hey shouldn't uh deku be suffering whatever problem he was supposed to have when gearshift ran out, or have the dozenish chapters since that came up been like, thirty seconds in-universe

Forgive me if I'm remembering incorrectly but isn't Hawks dead, therefore his quirk cannot return since he's 6 feet under? I honestly don't remember.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Happy holidays, I said!

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Forgive me if I'm remembering incorrectly but isn't Hawks dead, therefore his quirk cannot return since he's 6 feet under? I honestly don't remember.

nah the last time we see him is during the end of sad girl's parade and he's extremely wounded and quirkless but definitely alive. Presumably his quirk factor chooses not to return because Hawks sees his quirk as deeply tied to the whole thing where he was raised as a human weapon for the government.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Valentin posted:

nah the last time we see him is during the end of sad girl's parade and he's extremely wounded and quirkless but definitely alive. Presumably his quirk factor chooses not to return because Hawks sees his quirk as deeply tied to the whole thing where he was raised as a human weapon for the government.

Yeah I assumed it was "Can't be a weapon if I don't have a quirk!"

Alternatively, maybe the government has a good disability (un-ability?) clause if your quirk gets stolen.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
So, I wonder if this ends with Deku getting most of his quirks stolen before Shigaraki is beaten. Or all but one?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Fabricated posted:

So, I wonder if this ends with Deku getting most of his quirks stolen before Shigaraki is beaten. Or all but one?

"You've taken all of my quirks, all but One."

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
probably a lot of them are gonna get stolen yeah, it solves the Damocles’ Sword problem of Deku dying early from Quirk overload and the versatility of his current toolkit is probably gonna keep a lot of kill shots from happening like before. Plus it does kinda give resolution to Shigaraki’s arc since his dead grandma’s one of those force ghosts.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I wonder what music is fitting for All For One's end. I'm leaning towards "Time to Say Goodbye".

Last Celebration posted:

probably a lot of them are gonna get stolen yeah, it solves the Damocles’ Sword problem of Deku dying early from Quirk overload and the versatility of his current toolkit is probably gonna keep a lot of kill shots from happening like before. Plus it does kinda give resolution to Shigaraki’s arc since his dead grandma’s one of those force ghosts.

Deku isn't going to die from Quirk overload since he never had a Quirk in the first place and One For All is one Quirk. And unless I missed something you can't steal parts of Quirks, it's all of the Quirk or nothing.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Valentin posted:

My interpretation is that none of the quirks returned to their users. It was just a sarcastic "And then everyone got their quirk back like some kind of miracle! ....yeah right, that would be way too much fan service."

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Mraagvpeine posted:

Deku isn't going to die from Quirk overload since he never had a Quirk in the first place and One For All is one Quirk. And unless I missed something you can't steal parts of Quirks, it's all of the Quirk or nothing.

Except that appears to be literally what just happened, assuming the translation isn't completely wrong as it has been at times. Shigaraki took only Danger Sense.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Shigy is gonna steal One for All and immediately break all of his limbs trying to use it, ending the battle with an own goal.

[Edit] Deku gets it back by chomping on Mr. Shiggums hair while he's lying on the ground a crumpled, broken mess.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Mraagvpeine posted:

I wonder what music is fitting for All For One's end. I'm leaning towards "Time to Say Goodbye".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJPMesAnsU8

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

All For One’s final moment:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Lowest hanging joke, but

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I cackled when baby AFO shot that spike out of his mouth

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

De aged out of existence, terrible way to go. He did in fact deserve it though.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Don't worry: this is all part of All for One's plan to get everyone to let their guard down before Shigaraki absorbs the First's Quirk and he reveals that he actually implanted a bit of himself into Yoichi's Quirk, allowing him one last shot at coming back and taking over Shigaraki's body.

I was joking when I typed that, but I'm worried that feels like something that could plausibly happen.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

AFO did just off-handedly mention a “trump card” that the AFO inside Shigaraki never got a chance to use before being fully assimilated, so I guess that is still a possibility of him coming back again somehow…

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Fabricated posted:

It'll end like it began, with a powerless Deku fighting someone who's way more powerful than him despite how stupid an idea that is, and then shigaraki will explode or something.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

The Awesomesaurus posted:

AFO did just off-handedly mention a “trump card” that the AFO inside Shigaraki never got a chance to use before being fully assimilated, so I guess that is still a possibility of him coming back again somehow…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo6GAhJoJhY

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

KATSUKI: SUPERVILLAIN! HE WAS A SUPERVILLAIN!
IZUKU: Oh but all I saw was a wee little baby just de-aging itself into nothing.
KATSUKI: I SAVED YOUR drat LIFE!
IZUKU: Oh thank you Kacchan, thank you for saving me from an attacking baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Eggplant Squire posted:

I cackled when baby AFO shot that spike out of his mouth

Personally my favorite part was him literally having a temper tantrum because he’s a little baby who can’t control his emotions.