Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Well this explains why when I turned on Lamby to finish my Twitch drops he was playing a Ronan deck of all things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Yo this Lamby deck actually slaps

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
I almost feel bad playing the no cards deck because inevitably I'll hit a Mr negative deck that gets their nut draw and ramps him out on 3 and then I immediately steal/destroy 2-5 of them.

Fake edit: yeah okay gladiator was the right choice.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Ninurta posted:

What's better than Vampire Jubilee? Getting this on her first Infinite upgrade.

I've got 500+ boosters on a never upgraded stock card. Can't wait to blow credits.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
boosters are such a poo poo currency, actually one of the worst parts about the way they designed this economy.

if you have the credits, you should be able to spend them however you want. but apparently that is too much value for these developers!

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Last King posted:

boosters are such a poo poo currency, actually one of the worst parts about the way they designed this economy.

if you have the credits, you should be able to spend them however you want. but apparently that is too much value for these developers!

The intention behind boosters is to gate card upgrades behind actual gameplay. They don't want people paying to just Ink everything in their collection. Yes, you can technically do it, but it'd cost an absurd amount of money.

I like that boosters are a thing, but it would be nice if you had more agency over where they went. I.e. if you could tag a card in your deck and have something like 50 percent of boosters land on it.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Dec 22, 2023

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Oh you can buy boosters now...if you spend absurd amounts of gold on them

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

What is gold even good for? I've just been keeping it all that I've earned so far.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

YoshiOfYellow posted:

What is gold even good for? I've just been keeping it all that I've earned so far.
Buying some bundles, buying variants from the shop

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Last King posted:

Agreed, replace all boosters with credits

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Have you played the game or even looked at the shop

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

bowmore posted:

They literally said they were new to the game. What is the point of this post?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I got lucky on my first key and pulled Nico. How badly do I need Legion or Havok? I have neither; are they worth keys?

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Eventually -- when you're done with Series 3 -- Collector's Tokens are going to be your only way to target specific cards to pick up. They go for 3,000 or 6,000 tokens, and you can turn 1400 gold into 1000 tokens once per week.

Otherwise, card variants and bundles.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

bowmore posted:

I also love being a dickhead to new players

For a real answer: For bundles that come through every week or so (I'd suggest saving your gold for the higher value bundles, people usually post in the thread about them) and for card variants which get refreshed every day in the shop.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

CapnAndy posted:

I got lucky on my first key and pulled Nico. How badly do I need Legion or Havok? I have neither; are they worth keys?

Eventually -- when you're done with Series 3 -- Collector's Tokens are going to be your only way to target specific cards to pick up. They go for 3,000 or 6,000 tokens, and you can turn 1400 gold into 1000 tokens once per week.

Otherwise, card variants and bundles.

legion and havok both do fairly unique things but i wouldn't consider them necessary. people play snowguard for what they would use legion for previously, and people are trying to figure out havok but it feels like he needs a buff to not just only be played in one single not very good archetype

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

flatluigi posted:

legion and havok both do fairly unique things but i wouldn't consider them necessary. people play snowguard for what they would use legion for previously, and people are trying to figure out havok but it feels like he needs a buff to not just only be played in one single not very good archetype

they're also both series 4 so token opportunity cost is much lower lower if they buff havoc to be good/playable or the meta shifts such that legion's favored midrange decks are good again

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Last King posted:

You should be awarded boosters after each round of Conquest, imo

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Quetzadilla posted:

They literally said they were new to the game. What is the point of this post?

Didn't know they were new, apolgies!

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

fighting evil by moonlight
winning love by daylight

Red posted:

You should be awarded boosters after each round of Conquest, imo

I think you are, it just sums them up at the end

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

sailormoon posted:

I think you are, it just sums them up at the end

the difference there being that you only get one category of boosters

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Boosters are the bottleneck on me not being able to upgrade a card like 1% of the time, maybe less. I've lost count of the cards I have hundreds or thousands of boosters on because they're in decks that see heavy play, I've got an effect I like, and I've already upgraded the drat thing ten times and I don't care to do so any more.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I have a ton of Lizard cards and no good Lizard variant, so it’s stuck at the top of the “Upgradable” sort forever

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Devo posted:

This deck rules!

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh cool thanks friends, I guess I'll keep holding onto my gold for now unless something truly screams at me as a must have.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
Another common newbie tip in case you haven't seen it yet: Never use the quick upgrade option in the shop. It's a waste of credits.

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

fighting evil by moonlight
winning love by daylight

There’s a potentially phat bundle coming this weekend for 7500 gold

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Concentrating boosters is better.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
There's a comparable bundle coming up in late January if you're new enough that you won't make the Christmas bundle, though who knows how SD will change it in the next month.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Devo posted:

Seconding this deck, it's dirty at the moment.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/dcdualforce/status/1737958409155014696

oof

Snap is healthier, obviously, but just keep in mind this game can go away at any moment.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Red posted:

https://twitter.com/dcdualforce/status/1737958409155014696

oof

Snap is healthier, obviously, but just keep in mind this game can go away at any moment.

Didn’t even know this game was out. I was looking forward to it.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
What the heck even happened? Just not popular enough?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Wow it lasted what? 6 months?

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

It was an interesting game, but had a lot of problems.

It was in early access and the client was often buggy and in general slow with long load times. It was also PC-only in an environment where mobile is an important platform for online CCGs. Its initial (and only major) push had them get Marvel Snap streamers to sponsor play it, despite it being nothing alike (and not a mobile game) - Dual Force is much more like Hearthstone than Snap, and *also* has a bunch of fairly advanced mechanics that are confusing and intimidating to casual players. And so the player pool was very low and not growing.

It's a shame because it *is* an interesting game with some new ideas and even the PvE mode was pretty unique.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

orenronen posted:

It was an interesting game, but had a lot of problems.

It was in early access and the client was often buggy and in general slow with long load times. It was also PC-only in an environment where mobile is an important platform for online CCGs. Its initial (and only major) push had them get Marvel Snap streamers to sponsor play it, despite it being nothing alike (and not a mobile game) - Dual Force is much more like Hearthstone than Snap, and *also* has a bunch of fairly advanced mechanics that are confusing and intimidating to casual players. And so the player pool was very low and not growing.

It was also ugly as poo poo and had a snowball effect so severe that if you didn't draw a card you could play on turn 1 and your opponent did you had basically already lost the game. It is pretty funny that DC once again tried to rake in the Marvel bucks by doing exactly the same thing but without the preparation and got their asses handed to them, but that's the only enjoyment I derived from it. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
I'd be curious to know what kind of state Snap was in during it's beta run. I participated in two of Dual Force's beta tests, well I tried to. The first one was so bad they just had to cancel it outright because the client/server communication just didn't work. The 2nd one it mostly worked, but it was still laggy as hell. For a card game! I never really felt like I was having fun with the actual gameplay during that test. I'm not sure if it was the mechanics, the bugs, the large deck size (Snap has really spoiled me).

Despite it's frustrations, Snap's gameplay is really great (and fast). Dual Force felt the complete opposite.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/MISTERHIPP/status/1738237824099586408

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Dan hipp magik next please

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Discard is quietly pretty good rn. Been playing my old list, just swapping out Chavez, and its been solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Fate Accomplice posted:

Dan hipp magik next please

why do you hate my wallet