Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

R.D. Mangles posted:

jesus christ detroit

i heard theyre bad???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bad news, chumps: the bulls are BACK!!!!!!!!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

at this rate, the bulls might need to package a pick to unload zach's contract lmao

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Someone tell him

https://twitter.com/VinceGoodwill/status/1738026209487847716?s=20

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Cope Cunningham or Cade Copingham?

I was pretty excited coming into this season too :sigh:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this seems off
https://x.com/MagicJohnson/status/1738021082559590608?s=20

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

we share a love of not yet being senile, which we aren't, who said anything about it

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I suppose they are closer to 5-23 or 6-22 bad. He has a point.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the zach lavine bulls were so bad that they lost to detroit by 16

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

nachos posted:

There are probably some games in the streak where he could have said that and had a point but letting Kelly Olynyk control the fourth quarter with the aid of Kris Dunn and Fontecchio means that they are, in fact, 2-26 bad

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Jeez their other win is against Charlotte

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

please get this guy a loving point guard
https://x.com/StephNoh/status/1738024463252275289?s=20

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

anakha posted:

The dunk itself was not worth that reaction tweet.

That's an incredibly difficult move to do and for him to do it at his size is insane

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

youd think it wouldnt take a specialized skillset to manage a pass to the giant gumby man but well

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Metapod posted:

That's an incredibly difficult move to do and for him to do it at his size is insane

I could do it quite easily.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Its like donovan mitchell refusing to pass to gobert except wembanyama can actually do things with the ball besides dunk. I am only making this comparison due to french

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

In Training posted:

Its up to the Nets to break the record now right?

The nets are going to absolutely 100% no doubt about it lose one of these games to the pistons. Perhaps both? We Shall See...

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
what you need is two 7' 4" dudes on the same team. they just run down the court and pass it to each other up high, no dribbles. no one is tall enough to contest. and then they just dunk it every time. impossible to defend.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

forgive me i haven't watched much of the spurs, but what's the deal with jeremy sochan? because to me he seems like a jordan poole-esque Basketball Clown, but people seem to like him.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

This is the quality commenting I subscribe to the athletic for.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bismack Billabongo posted:

This is the quality commenting I subscribe to the athletic for.

drat, owned

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

R.D. Mangles posted:

forgive me i haven't watched much of the spurs, but what's the deal with jeremy sochan? because to me he seems like a jordan poole-esque Basketball Clown, but people seem to like him.

Nah, if he was a secondary ball handler off the bench he'd be good, but they're playing him as the primary point app he's doing what he can do and it's not a great role.

Maybe pop will turn him into something special or maybe pop is senile.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Do you remember the point Giannis experiment. It's that.

They are in a season where they don't care about winning. So they are letting players find their limits.

Sochan is not Poole, he was being told to play a lead facilitator. And he was just not good at it.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

He has one! Pop won't play them together

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Happy Holidays! Here is Magic's holiday adventure with Pee-wee: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRvtOGLzpvE&t=607s

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Life savings is only $5k and you bet it for only double or nothing on one of the worst teams in NBA history? Checks out.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lifespan posted:

Life savings is only $5k and you bet it for only double or nothing on one of the worst teams in NBA history? Checks out.

look at mr. moneybags over here.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Killian Hayes was out. Hard to overcome the absence of your best player.

At some point they have to catch a break, right? Final record: 7-75.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Dexo posted:

look at mr. moneybags over here.

Look, I'm not going to apologize for my first gen Mitsubishi Eclipse.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The pistons have gotta win another game this season at some point even if it’s totally accidental right. Like maybe the other team just forgets to turn up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Algund Eenboom posted:

The nets are going to absolutely 100% no doubt about it lose one of these games to the pistons. Perhaps both? We Shall See...

Nope. They're gonna steam roll em. I'll put $5,001 on it.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

So the Grizzlies really botched it giving up Tyus to get Marcus huh?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

It's strange because it looks like Splitter was going to come up short there.

mdemone posted:

I guess there's the time he killed Jason Terry with a dunk

There was this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ4GA3GB3Wk

nachos posted:

Cade Cunningham: "According to Pythagorean Wins we're supposed to have five wins by now."

Zogo fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Dec 22, 2023

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

He's a good defender who can cut and screen but can't shoot.

When the spurs needed to make room in the starting lineup for Wemby they wanted to put him at the 4, which sochan played last year, and they didn't want to bench him. Last year sochan sometimes brought the ball up the court and it would really make the lineup work if sochan could handle the ball sometimes, so pop decided to play create-a-player with him and start him at a point guard, a position he had apparently never played before, against nba competition to grind xp as fast as possible and unsurprisingly he was bad at it.

Last few games they moved wemby to the 5 and had zach collins come off the bench, which opened up a spot for a guard, but instead of starting tre jones like last year they went with sophomore malaki branham, who is also not a point guard.

Basically they're going with extreme youth to the point that it looks indistinguishable from outright tanking.

Also sochan is cool because he shoots free throws with one hand

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Dec 22, 2023

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Metapod posted:

nah the play itself was great but he shoulda done a better dunk to finish it to warrant that type of hyperbole.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lifespan posted:

I have $21 right now.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Rick posted:

I have $21 right now.

Every day for the rest of the season bet it all moneyline against the pistons

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

:drat:

R.D. Mangles posted:

He's one of those players with an extreme difference between ORtg and DRtg:

code:
	Player		ORtg	DRtg
-19	Cade Cunningham	103	122
-19	Brandon Miller	105	124
-19	Andrew Wiggins	100	119
-19	Keyonte George	104	123
-21	Jeremy Sochan	 99	120
-21	Jordan Clarkson	102	123
-22	Malaki Branham	101	123
-27	Jordan Poole	 97	124

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Bip Roberts posted:

Every day for the rest of the season bet it all moneyline against the pistons

That's honestly not a bad idea.