Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

lol @ Conch Republic being included

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Weka posted:

Incorrect. It is acceptable to stun the animal if it does not die.

oh ok. what i was reading seemed to suggest that a literal reading of the koran meant that stunning was discouraged. having now read a bit directly it seems like the main point is to avoid getting adrenaline in the meat, so no violent deaths.
but that means they can't use a penetrative captive bolt stunner because that's basically a violent death? plus the slaughterers need to say their phrases

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Hatebag posted:

oh ok. what i was reading seemed to suggest that a literal reading of the koran meant that stunning was discouraged. having now read a bit directly it seems like the main point is to avoid getting adrenaline in the meat, so no violent deaths.
but that means they can't use a penetrative captive bolt stunner because that's basically a violent death? plus the slaughterers need to say their phrases

Stunning is by far the most common in halal slaughter methods. It's the Jewish slaughter method that explicitly prohibits it.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

thotsky posted:

Stunning is by far the most common in halal slaughter methods. It's the Jewish slaughter method that explicitly prohibits it.

are you talking about penetrative bolt stunning? because that kills the animal immediately and i thought that meant it counted as a violent death. there are lots of different horrific things people do to animals at the abbatoir that I'm learning about today. electric stunning, bolt stunners (lethal and non-lethal), gas stunning, some kinda looney toons machine that dunks birds in electrified water, one where they poke a hole in the animal's skull and stick a high-voltage electrical probe into their brain, some real mengele rear end poo poo.
having said abbatoir now i think that'd be a good name for a collection of death metal abba covers

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I dislike this conversation but still not enough to go vegetarian

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Hatebag posted:

are you talking about penetrative bolt stunning? because that kills the animal immediately and i thought that meant it counted as a violent death. there are lots of different horrific things people do to animals at the abbatoir that I'm learning about today. electric stunning, bolt stunners (lethal and non-lethal), gas stunning, some kinda looney toons machine that dunks birds in electrified water, one where they poke a hole in the animal's skull and stick a high-voltage electrical probe into their brain, some real mengele rear end poo poo.
having said abbatoir now i think that'd be a good name for a collection of death metal abba covers

I mean stunning?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Yeah gonna have to put both of you on ignore until you stop making me think about the horror I’m complicit in and unwilling to actually contemplate

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

thotsky posted:

I mean stunning?

well animal slaughterers also call the thing that shoots a bolt through the animal's brain "stunning," though I'd argue that goes a bit beyond stunning. that's what i was trying to clarify

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Yeah gonna have to put both of you on ignore until you stop making me think about the horror I’m complicit in and unwilling to actually contemplate

oh please! I didn't even post the automatic crab butchering machine!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

I sort of lost it when ingraham referenced Vine. just a complete time capsule.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Hatebag posted:

oh please! I didn't even post the automatic crab butchering machine!

This is an actionable threat btw

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

HashtagGirlboss posted:

This is an actionable threat btw

I'd like to see you try it! i think you'll find I'm more dangerous quarry than a stunned lamb!

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Post/username combo

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

All this halal butchering reminds me of an interview I once read about the imam who was hired to oversee the slaughtering of chickens at a large poultry farm in Denmark. Like, the dude's job was literally just praying over chickens getting decapitated (I think) all day every day. He came off as super chill, but it's still in my top 3 weirdest jobs.

Obviously he's needed, since we export all the offal to the middle east. Danes only eat wings and breast.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

BonHair posted:

All this halal butchering reminds me of an interview I once read about the imam who was hired to oversee the slaughtering of chickens at a large poultry farm in Denmark. Like, the dude's job was literally just praying over chickens getting decapitated (I think) all day every day. He came off as super chill, but it's still in my top 3 weirdest jobs.

Obviously he's needed, since we export all the offal to the middle east. Danes only eat wings and breast.

And pigs are slaughtered pretty much exactly like dhabihah and otherwise treated terribly while they're alive, but they obviously don't have that guy saying "Bismillah" over them, so it's fine. No, I don't care about dumpsters full of thousands of dead piglets, why do you ask? Do you condemn halal?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
https://twitter.com/buckfastbadlad/status/1737574883054301487

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

He's a singer in a Hebrew Destiny's Child cover band.

Oscar Wild has issued a correction as of 21:57 on Dec 21, 2023

122123_2
Dec 22, 2023

the dude's a billionaire

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

122123_2 posted:

good, people who talk poo poo about America's Mayor should be probated if not banned outright

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

122123_2 posted:

the dude's a billionaire

Who? The guy on the right?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

January 6 Survivor posted:

good, people who talk poo poo about America's Mayor should be probated if not banned outright
:911:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
took me a second but that's a good one

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Lmfao

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

IDK who any of those people are, and I post on cspam

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

But I like baking bread

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

end of breadtube (french bread) is called a heel

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

tokin opposition posted:

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

tokin opposition posted:

:same:

and also :blessed:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

tokin opposition posted:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Calibaneur/status/1737491979334713462

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/cryptorizzle/status/1738052852029800547

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

It's so over!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

meat tube

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

The white guy on the left is the :actually: guy.

The white guy on the right is the epic retail clapback guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7KBcsdPhxA

The other three aren't white guys so I don't know/care who they are.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

oh sure but if it was a dog in there half the forums would be flipping out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001