Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Ok, low tier bot battles can be hilarious:

Do you have any idea how many times you need to shoot a 30 damage gun to do 1920 damage? It's a LOT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

sauer kraut posted:

I guess WG are sensing a lack of high tier hp donors and baddies getting anxious.

You can't talk poo poo about this tank, it's a free gift! What do you expect, it's a free gift! You don't want more OP tanks in the game and now you cry when we get a balanced premium! How spoiled are you to complain about something free?

That was a 100% Reddit speedrun.

The amount of people defending this thing there is baffling. If you have ANY T9 tanks in the game, you're not going to want to play this, because this thing is objectively worse than an already kinda meh T9 tech tree tank, and it's not premium so it won't earn more credits, and it doesn't even earn bonds. And if you don't have any T9s, you're going to be free lunch to anyone who does. It's dog poo poo, and the biggest slap in the face is that if you sell it you only get 20 000 credits for it.

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

yeah but i need the turbo to even have a hope of relocating when needed without getting spotted

it's such fuckin dogshit

Yeah it's an insane piece of poo poo. When I grinded the Grille line, I gave up on the thing after 15 or so games, and I imagine it's even worse now that all the games are two minute 15-1s (instead of just 70% of games, like it was back then).

Try to stick with it, the T8 is really good, and the T9 is tier for tier one of the best TDs in the game. Even the Grille is fun, even though it isn't terribly competitive.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Dec 21, 2023

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
I had some perverse fun times with the Sturer Emil, creeping up behind a hill and shrecking enemies with the big gun.
But that was a time before the super lootbox heavies (and mediums like the Iron Arnie) required 300 pen to even sit at the table.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Obj 752 is a Good Tank - in spite of it's gun and dpm and you're going to run out of ammo. 30 golden shells because lol silver pen isn't going to work brawling other heavies. You just have to raise the gun between shots and they can't hit your cupola manlet things and you bounce so many shots.
That free gift tank should have been a reskinned M46, Jesus Christ who would play it?
Also I played the Emil and dire as it is it had a great gun / depression. Gets spotted like it's a type 5 ht, they coded it wrong or some poo poo. land 3 shots for a great game.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

The only time to ever play that Patton thing will be when everyone else is. It won't make it any better but the mass of pubbies playing Babby's First Tier IX will allow you to have a modicum of fun with it.

Then you just pick a good Tier IX and slap the loving poo poo out of them.

Uhhh maybe just skip to the second bit, actually.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The Tiger-Maus is so good. Also, the HE on it is quite nice...

Replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/6690908

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9u85cNcmdk

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
MM is so confused with the sudden influx of tier 9 mediums. Took me over a minute to get a match with the Skoda T50, 40k people just on EU1 in the morning.

In other news the Cent AX is a beast. Everything about it just fits like an old glove :allears:
Highly recommended for 52% normies so is the Skoda Many good games.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I can believe that, the Centurion 7/1 is already very good and fun to play, and the Centurion Action X just looks better in every way.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Oh the Shitpack is on ingame gold sale this week.
I despise it. Hate it. Unchecked the priority tank label :aaa:
The gun is a low pressure potato launcher and its claims to accuracy are a big, fat lie.
No camo, no gun depression, no fun allowed whatsoever. Picture a KPZ 07 RH medium, but poo poo.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Dec 22, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

What the hell is a Shitpack?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
TVP Shptk 100 or whatever

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

sauer kraut posted:

TVP Shptk 100 or whatever

Oh, you mean the Shrek.

They are also selling the ELC Even 90 for some reason despite it being available all the time. I don't get these "deals".

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jesus loving christ this is below awful. It is unbelievable how loving moronic these 45% "my highest tank is a T4" assholes are in their lovely T9s.

E:

yeah this is unplayable.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Dec 22, 2023

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Anyone want to run some 3man non-Patton platoons to maximise the farming potential?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
If I was able to play today I would roll with a deathstar. It should in theory melt the Patton with extreme prejudice.

Gotta show the unwashed pubbie masses where their place is :sickos:.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Yeah I’ve been playing the tortoise all day with great success

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

For some reason I've jumped back into this after a few years (lol, Vinnie fuckin Jones). I was middling before but am bad now - even so

https://imgur.com/a/QcD6IfO

And I've got tanks in my garage that aren't on the tech trees any more, like when did the T-62 disappear?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I wouldn't call the Type 63 amazing by any means, but it's not bad either.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

biglads posted:

And I've got tanks in my garage that aren't on the tech trees any more, like when did the T-62 disappear?

That's got to have been like 2016 or so? I think that was when they cleaned up the tech trees.

e: poo poo it was only 2020, time is weird as hell

Vando fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Dec 23, 2023

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
It's a collectors vehicle now, which are expertly hidden behind a little button on the tech tree page.
In a world where a (buffed) Obj 140 exists, there's no point to poor T-62 at all :unsmith:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Man, even though most games these days are 2 minute 15-1s, I've also had a couple of VERY fun games these past few days.

- First game, we fought back from 10-6 down to win on Ruinberg largely thanks to our 63% WR UDES who had 8 kills, but it was generally a lot of fun because I had to use my Ho-Ri 1 to spot, to snipe, to brawl and the game went down to the war.

- The aforementioned Type 63 game. It also went down to the wire, and I was able to hold one flank largely by myself while the rest of my team recovered from an initial loss on the other flank and pushed around.

- A Ka-Ri game we eventually lost, but still went almost to the time limit and came down to the final few guys.

It's always so nice when games last longer and actually let me play the game.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

That paint job fits perfectly. I have not used that tank yet, but I was looking at it in the garage and noticed it's basically just a Renegade at t9 with worse armor and similar mobility. At least it was free I guess.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

sauer kraut posted:

Oh the Shitpack is on ingame gold sale this week.
I despise it. Hate it. Unchecked the priority tank label :aaa:
The gun is a low pressure potato launcher and its claims to accuracy are a big, fat lie.
No camo, no gun depression, no fun allowed whatsoever. Picture a KPZ 07 RH medium, but poo poo.

I got one too, but like it. Load HE with 100 pen for 5000 or w/e dpm.

I also got a XM66F from santa, very noice.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So when does the Christmas event end, again?

I could care less about getting Vinnie Jones as a special commander, and I didn't bother last year for Milla, but I could at least net a few more gift machine tokens.

Are T1 experimental equipment and components the only rare drops from that thing?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Man, even though most games these days are 2 minute 15-1s, I've also had a couple of VERY fun games these past few days.
It's always so nice when games last longer and actually let me play the game.
:yeah:

Last night really was something; for once battles actually lasted more than the time it takes to boil a kettle and the matchmaking wasn't complete and utter endless +2 dogshit. As an aside, the Caliban (currently on offer!) is comedy gold if there are two or more of you taking turns lobbing shots down a corridor and terrifying some poor fucker into going nowhere. Also got a Shitpack/Shrek because gently caress it, having 50k gold just sitting around isn't going to do much for me. That thing is hilarious when you catch some shlub out in the open and turn him into a giant cheese grater with 270(!) AP pen.

Anyway, I spent 90% of a battle on the phone, with my Chi-To SP sitting on the North-West TD hill of Pilsen because -- like an idiot -- I had decided to start 'tooning with some buddies despite full well knowing that I was expecting a phonecall :thumbsup:

Things are coming down to the wire as the call ends, so I'm at 100% HP, finally rolling into the party after 8 minutes, and by the time I arrive it's my Chi-To SP vs some dude with his battered-to-poo poo UDES 14, just as he kills off my only remaining ally and attempts to zoom away before I can one-shot slap him to win the game. Cue some 90 seconds of me chasing him around a loving building while he bounces shot after shot off my superstructure, with me slamming shells into the dirt because lmao casemate TD firing on the move. It was some real Laurel & Hardy poo poo, but with tanks.

Eventually I caught up enough to just take my time and aim for a moment, finally putting him out of his misery. I don't think he was expecting an armoured casemate TD to be so nippy on turning corners. poo poo, I wasn't expecting it!

Tonight though has been the exact opposite. Tonight has been The Shittening. And also The Shittening II: Pubbies.

Orv
May 4, 2011

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So when does the Christmas event end, again?

I could care less about getting Vinnie Jones as a special commander, and I didn't bother last year for Milla, but I could at least net a few more gift machine tokens.

Are T1 experimental equipment and components the only rare drops from that thing?

January 8 at 02:00 PST | 04:00 CST | 05:00 EST

And yeah it's just experimental stuff as the draw for the tokens this year.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Orv posted:

January 8 at 02:00 PST | 04:00 CST | 05:00 EST

And yeah it's just experimental stuff as the draw for the tokens this year.

At the very least they could've added more 250k/850k training books. They're the most valuable things in this game as it means less time for crew skill grinding.

Sayara
May 10, 2009
So you're playing heavy and you're sure you lost your hill on Malinovka, what do you do? You do some gardening of course! Ace and casual 10k combined with some help from your local bush wankers. http://wotreplays.eu/site/6693253#malinovka-polishinvader-wz-114

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

:yeah:

Last night really was something; for once battles actually lasted more than the time it takes to boil a kettle and the matchmaking wasn't complete and utter endless +2 dogshit. As an aside, the Caliban (currently on offer!) is comedy gold if there are two or more of you taking turns lobbing shots down a corridor and terrifying some poor fucker into going nowhere. Also got a Shitpack/Shrek because gently caress it, having 50k gold just sitting around isn't going to do much for me. That thing is hilarious when you catch some shlub out in the open and turn him into a giant cheese grater with 270(!) AP pen.

I got the Caliban from a christmas box a few years ago, and I think I've played five games in it. Maybe now would be the perfect time, to fish for Patton the Tanks.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
What is wrong with the UDES 16? Why did I start this line :smith:
No one seems to have any trouble penning me at leisure, even as I scrape that ridge so finely that my lovely gun hits the ground in front of me half the time.
What happened to the identical 105mm gun that was semi-decent on the U14. So many questions.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

sauer kraut posted:

What is wrong with the UDES 16? Why did I start this line :smith:
No one seems to have any trouble penning me at leisure, even as I scrape that ridge so finely that my lovely gun hits the ground in front of me half the time.
What happened to the identical 105mm gun that was semi-decent on the U14. So many questions.

In theory I should have loved that medium Udes line. After playing the T9, I learned to hate that tree.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The tier 8 and 10 are good though.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

They are indeed. The T10 is one of the best mediums for today's meta.

The Centurion 7/1 is also a lot of fun. Holy poo poo the HESH just tears up morons in the Patton.

And speaking of the Patton, holy poo poo the drop from when it went beyond CCs.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
1270 for the first gunmark is more than I expected tbh, glancing over the GiftPattons' results in my games.
I can hardly believe half of them do that much combined, on average in every game.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

I should just push through it and get the T10 :smith:.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

sauer kraut posted:

1270 for the first gunmark is more than I expected tbh, glancing over the GiftPattons' results in my games.
I can hardly believe half of them do that much combined, on average in every game.

Yeah, this is the typical Patton experience for me:

Bet those MOE numbers are just going to keep dipping.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

any time i do more than 3 shots of damage in the st emil i should get an ace tanker

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I finally elited the Tier VIII SpagheTD.

What a load of absolute loving Mario poo poo it was. No sniping, no mag-dumping, every c--t just double-tapping 2 and making your armour about as effective as a loving panini if you even considered an assault role.

Dogshit. Merda di cane. Complete loving garbage. Jesus I hated every god-damned loving moment which involved playing this worthless stupid POS. And gently caress the goddamned loving matchmaker for making me punch up for 90% of the loving grind.

Edit:

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah, this is the typical Patton experience for me:

Bet those MOE numbers are just going to keep dipping.

Buddy, don't even go there. Somehow clawed a 60% WR over some 30+ battles (Christmas drinking lmao) but nearly each and every Patton Tank player was some windowlicking bleach drinker. Whichever team had the most almost invariably lost the loving battle.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Dec 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
It was a bad day in tanks.