Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he writes for valve now, which means he doesn't produce anything because valve doesn't make games any more.

Valve released a new 25 anniversary video celebrating the release of Half-Life, recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

I want Spider-Man to fight the Green Goblin truck from Maximum Overdrive.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

cant cook creole bream posted:

Do you doubt that DOOM can serve a Halal pig? It sounds impossible, but that's barely a challenge for him.
The only thing he's incapable of is to be an inadequate host.

I mean, is it the cloven hoof thing? Can Doom breed pigs with human shaped feet?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I mean, is it the cloven hoof thing? Can Doom breed pigs with human shaped feet?

Apparently it's mostly because pigs were regarded as dirty mud beasts and therefore considered unhealthy and downright poisonous.
Rest assured, Doom's personal feeding pigs are probably cleaner than the the winners of a cat show.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he writes for valve now, which means he doesn't produce anything because valve doesn't make games any more.

I've been waiting for so long to the TF2's comic final issue. So many years now. I need closure!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Esplanade posted:

I want Spider-Man to fight the Green Goblin truck from Maximum Overdrive.

I want Norman to use a chemical that turns him its a wily truck
What would Harry Osborn looks like?
gently caress
I want a comic with above also spiderman turns into the buggy due to spider bite

Upsidads fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 20, 2023

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Peter coming back from space as a Hennessee VenomGT

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Dogsred is good

From the same chapter

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

thetoughestbean posted:

Dogsred is good

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
The new Superior Spider-Man series is...not good, but here's an amusing moment from issue #2.

Dan Slott productions presents: Man Getting Kicked by Foot:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Ghost Rider 2099 #6 (1994)

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Is this the worst looking doc Ock outside of sarcophagus doc Ock?

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Funny panels from The Complete Gail Simone Red Sonja omnibus. Not sure about the specific issues.

They're talking about her sword skills, right?

Beer!

Finally these last pages really work best together:

Nice bit of role-reversal there.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It's always funny to me when Gail Simone get's portrayed as some sort of harpy that hate's horny pictures of women in comics by comic's gate types. Like, tell me you never read a Gail Simone comic without actually telling me that. She just prefers the women with very little clothing and impossibly hot bodies also have a personality.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the sort of person who hates gale simone is also the sort of person who would never willingly read anything by a woman

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Air Skwirl posted:

It's always funny to me when Gail Simone get's portrayed as some sort of harpy that hate's horny pictures of women in comics by comic's gate types. Like, tell me you never read a Gail Simone comic without actually telling me that. She just prefers the women with very little clothing and impossibly hot bodies also have a personality.

She also prefers women with impossibly hot bodies as opposed to stored at below room temperature

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Batman - Santa Claus: Silent Knight #2 (2023)

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

flatluigi posted:

the sort of person who hates gale simone is also the sort of person who would never willingly read anything by a woman

But will die on a hill pretending they do

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

SimonChris posted:

I don't know if I'm just seeing what I want to see but his expression there really captures the little boy in Clark.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I thought Batman WAS Santa Claus, based on that one page I saw a long while back.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Keen Detective Funnies #2 (1939)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nessus posted:

I thought Batman WAS Santa Claus, based on that one page I saw a long while back.

No no that was when Superman dressed up as Santa for some kids, and Batman told him that was selfish because he should be saving so many more people, but that was all a ruse so Batman could dress up like Santa, and Superman figured it out, came back and broke Bruce's jaw in front of those children, scarring them for life and they grew up to be Red Lanterns (probably)

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
The daughter looks like she's been fantasizing about this moment her entire life, and can't believe it's finally happening.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Dunno why Batman's head isn't sailing past Jupiter at this point

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Binary Badger posted:

Rubber knuckles.

Honest.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Binary Badger posted:

Superman posted:

That man won't quit as long as he can still draw a breath. None of my teammates will. Me? I've got a different problem. I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard, always taking constant care not to break something, to break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control even for a moment, or someone could die. But you can take it, can't you, big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose and show you just how powerful I really am.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Binary Badger posted:

He enacted his Getting Punched In The Head By Superman plan

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Binary Badger posted:

Christmas magic. Superman is weak to magic, it's known.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Why would Batman need to disguise as Santa when he has met the genuine article?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Santa clearly is mentally ill and in a costume this he's in Batmans Rogue gallery and probably already locked up in Arkham

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Santa is Superman's neighbor, isn't he?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Upsidads posted:

Santa clearly is mentally ill and in a costume this he's in Batmans Rogue gallery and probably already locked up in Arkham

He's really Maxie Zeus with seasonal affective disorder.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

Why would Batman need to disguise as Santa when he has met the genuine article?

:confused: "Why would Tom Hanks need to disguise as Jerry Seinfeld when he has met the genuine article?"

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Upsidads posted:

I could be mixing up different comic series, but I'm pretty sure this is a thing.
I recall a comic, (Power Girl?), where a mental patient with powerful telekinetic powers who thought he was Santa escaped from an asylum and used his powers to animate a flying sleigh and reindeer.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bongo Bill posted:

Santa is Superman's neighbor, isn't he?

Wrong pole

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Resident Evil: Code: Veronica #4 (2003)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Opopanax posted:

Wrong pole

Superman is penguins, Santa is bears

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

Bucnasti posted:

I could be mixing up different comic series, but I'm pretty sure this is a thing.
I recall a comic, (Power Girl?), where a mental patient with powerful telekinetic powers who thought he was Santa escaped from an asylum and used his powers to animate a flying sleigh and reindeer.

That was from Alan Moore's Top Ten.

Edit: here's a pic from that issue.

The_Other fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 23, 2023

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

This is from a not particularly great manga called Shojo Null but this particular panel made me laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

SimonChris posted:

Follow-up from the next issue

Superman is so excited about this and it's adorable

edit: I'm sure he's just relieved to find out he was right all this time

https://twitter.com/DC_Animated/status/1474648445419864066

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 23, 2023