Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Jerkface posted:

That sequence with him imagining tag teaming with Takada leading to the one handed slap -> itadori black flash was inspired

They really nailed the Mahito / Denji prey predator panel sequence from the manga

Yuji.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

ty lol just read some tweets about some CSM thing

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jerkface posted:

That sequence with him imagining tag teaming with Takada leading to the one handed slap -> itadori black flash was inspired

They really nailed the Mahito / Yuji prey predator panel sequence from the manga

This whole episode was them nailing adapting the manga between these two and "Applause is just proclamation of the soul"

Jerkface posted:

ty lol just read some tweets about some CSM thing

It's real funny this happened in both JJK threads

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

We had assumed Takada was inside the locket so we just lost it when it turned out to also include Yuji.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Maera Sior posted:

We had assumed Takada was inside the locket so we just lost it when it turned out to also include Yuji.

What? You don't keep a pic of your homie on you at all times?

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
I carry a JO crystal in my pocket like a normal person.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Edit: What I said was wrong, memory is playing ticks.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Dec 15, 2023

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Having his cheek ripped open to look like one of Sukuna's mouths as Yuiji is hitting his lowest point is a great touch.

And Todo remains a perfect character.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Todowns.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i think this show is some peak punchman anime ngl, that was excellent

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Todo is so great but it is probably for the best that he's used so sparingly.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Waiting For Todo

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Man... I'm AMAZED at what Mappa can do. The animation was siiiiiiick. I could almost see the blood, sweat, and tears poured into each frame. Christ, this was beautiful to watch.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Not content with pulling off a single 5000 IQ move this episode, he pulls off *two*. Todo MVP.

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013

GimmickMan posted:

Not content with pulling off a single 5000 IQ move this episode, he pulls off *two*. Todo MVP.

I believe you mean two 530000-IQ moves.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Real ballers know how to contribute to winning even if their shot isn't falling, much like my best friend Todo Aoi.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I finally got a chance to watch the new ep and OMFG now that's what I'm fuckin talking about

12/10

Taima fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 15, 2023

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
this season has been really inconsistent because of production issues but this ep was an all timer

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Goddamnit. Just loving kill him already! :argh:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Been waiting for one hand clapping and "I'm a Cog" to be adapted more than anything else in this series and they didn't disappoint.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

AlternateNu posted:

Goddamnit. Just loving kill him already! :argh:

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

mappa sure loves Choso lol

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Huh, I wasn't expecting her to show up but it sure is good she did.

Edited to add: Are we going to find out why Mei Mei is now up in a hotel room? Did not-Geto literally pay her to go away?

Maera Sior fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Dec 21, 2023

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Maera Sior posted:

Edited to add: Are we going to find out why Mei Mei is now up in a hotel room? Did not-Geto literally pay her to go away?

She teleported away because poo poo was too crazy. She is just a mercenary after all

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Mei Mei is one of the smartest characters in the series, in that she will just loving leave instead of getting killed by willingly getting into a fight she knows she can't win.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Onii-chan

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
MAPPA had to budget this season by characters in alphabetical order, that's why Choso got all the funding.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
bye bye Mahito

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Maybe it's just an understood fact in the setting, but between Sukuna and Bodysnatcher, it seems like evil sorcerers are actually a million, zillion times more dangerous than even the most dangerous cursed spirits? Which puts Geto(true)'s whole philosophy in a pretty comical light

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Schubalts posted:

Mei Mei is one of the smartest characters in the series, in that she will just loving leave instead of getting killed by willingly getting into a fight she knows she can't win.

You do not, under any circumstances, “gotta hand it to her.”

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

Maybe it's just an understood fact in the setting, but between Sukuna and Bodysnatcher, it seems like evil sorcerers are actually a million, zillion times more dangerous than even the most dangerous cursed spirits? Which puts Geto(true)'s whole philosophy in a pretty comical light

Yes, Gojo says he doesn’t like other sorcerers for a reason. To be one you have to be a fundamentally broken person, it doesn’t leave room for people you would get along well with. The most dangerous ones seems to be people who are just utterly mentally broken and given into their impulses

Asuron fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Dec 22, 2023

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I hated this bit in the manga and in the anime Jfc what a weirdo

Mei Mei is the opposite of Nanami in terms of ethics

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

You do not, under any circumstances, “gotta hand it to her.”

I didn't say she was a good person. Like, Yuji is a headstrong dumbass who has been killed multiple times because he throws himself into unwinnable fights, but he's well-loved and respected because he won't back down if someone is in danger. Mei Mei is smarter (not as smart as Todo), but that aspect of her is dragged down by everything involving her brother.

The hotel having...that was completely unnecessary and creepy. Just why? Why put that to paper? Was it mandated? What the gently caress?

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Meimei was right to flee and I hate that her character will be forever stained not because she was smart/conniving enough to flee (characters don't have to be moral to be good) but because Gege inflicted Uiui on us. You can almost sense MAPPA not being a fan either, making the bed roughly 40 feet wide.

Unrelated to that (mostly) but it's interesting, to me at least, seeing Shibuya being met with a notable amount of hate. I started JJK because people I trusted said it was the most hype arc and while I preferred Hidden Inventory reading the manga made Shibuya pretty great and the anime has pretty much delivered despite some obvious swings in production. I get it's a ton of action which might put some off who are wanting story but it's still odd seeing this negative reaction from a considerable number of people.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Popo posted:

Meimei was right to flee and I hate that her character will be forever stained not because she was smart/conniving enough to flee (characters don't have to be moral to be good) but because Gege inflicted Uiui on us. You can almost sense MAPPA not being a fan either, making the bed roughly 40 feet wide.

Unrelated to that (mostly) but it's interesting, to me at least, seeing Shibuya being met with a notable amount of hate. I started JJK because people I trusted said it was the most hype arc and while I preferred Hidden Inventory reading the manga made Shibuya pretty great and the anime has pretty much delivered despite some obvious swings in production. I get it's a ton of action which might put some off who are wanting story but it's still odd seeing this negative reaction from a considerable number of people.

I'm curious about the context of the negativity you're seeing, assuming it's from places outside this thread. Was it like that for most/all of Shibuya, did it start when Nanami died or Nobara got her skull blown open?

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

King of Solomon posted:

I'm curious about the context of the negativity you're seeing, assuming it's from places outside this thread. Was it like that for most/all of Shibuya, did it start when Nanami died or Nobara got her skull blown open?

There's plenty of negativity in the thread too (ie from me!) - it's not just that Nobara got her skull blown open though that's pretty egregious, but the whole thing feels sorta like a rug pull to me. I wanted more S1, I got a different show that sidelined the cool female protag. I've been more mixed on S2 from the beginning of Hidden Inventory, but my opinion has steadily crystallized into a negative one over the course of the season.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

pork never goes bad posted:

There's plenty of negativity in the thread too (ie from me!) - it's not just that Nobara got her skull blown open though that's pretty egregious, but the whole thing feels sorta like a rug pull to me. I wanted more S1, I got a different show that sidelined the cool female protag. I've been more mixed on S2 from the beginning of Hidden Inventory, but my opinion has steadily crystallized into a negative one over the course of the season.

That's how it's felt for me too.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

pork never goes bad posted:

Sure, that's fair. I'm mostly just trying to learn if the negativity was always there, like with you, or if it started around when popular characters started dying. And to be clear, I think the negativity is warranted

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
There's a world where JJK has a more traditional narrative arc and doesn't go directly from Goku fighting Jackie Chen in the first world tournament directly to Vegeta and Nappa showing up and killing 60% of the cast and blowing up a whole city, but that is not the world we live in

I don't mind it because frankly there's a lot of stuff like that first thing, but I can see how people would be put off by it

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Popo posted:

it's been bizarre for me because outside this thread i've seen mostly praise for the arc, and i'm still somewhat incredulous that anyone would prefer what s1 was doing to this

s1 was very mid if you remove the fights