Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That wave at the 2 second mark is EXACTLY how we all look to Namba when we wave and say hello at the start of TJPW shows :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johncraig
Jul 26, 2023
ugh souls at zero is so loving good I'm cumming

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gabe looking like half the people at gigs I go to.

The other half have full beards rather than just goatees, & long hair.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

CHAIR
FOR
NAMBA

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Oh he’s rounded all right

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I remember when WWE had a dress code every one had to adhere to, except Taker and Cena of course. They had gimmicks to protect

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Davros1 posted:

I remember when WWE had a dress code every one had to adhere to, except Taker and Cena of course. They had gimmicks to protect

Bill Watts did this in Mid-South too, and I recall Jim Duggan being exempt for similar reasons.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

I wish that someone had tried to just do cena cosplay instead of the dress code

Jamie Noble in the fruity pebbles cena colors, jorts, ball cap, sweatbands, replica title, the works

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Davros1 posted:

WCW had one at one point too. Jericho talked about being yelled at by Benoit for looking like a slob so he hurried to the store and put together an ensemble he called "child late for Sunday School."

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
What in the hell is the point of having a dress code in a job where everyone's just gonna show up and immediately take their nice clothes off anyway?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Drakkel posted:

What in the hell is the point of having a dress code in a job where everyone's just gonna show up and immediately take their nice clothes off anyway?

Dudes with power/authority issues get to yell at you if you do not abide by the dress code

This is just another way for them to get to abuse people

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Drakkel posted:

They wanted the wrestlers to look "professional" in public

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Drakkel posted:

Big guys in properly tailored suits look cool as gently caress. See: hockey players showing up for games.

It’s outdated now, but there was a time when that was office attire and the arena was their office. As a mental check it’s helpful. Was already getting old in the 90s though.

I was advised, back in the day, to not wear a tie to work because ties meant salesman and I was service. I needed people to trust me. But I digress.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Wrestlers are all trashy kids with bad taste. Don’t make them wear suits.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Davros1 posted:

They wanted the wrestlers to look "professional" in public

Hot take but maybe make them employees if you want them wearing a uniform

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

Wrestlers are all trashy kids with bad taste. Don’t make them wear suits.

Counterpoint, Luchadores in suits look amazing.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Basically no one looks good in a suit they were forced to wear. You can always tell.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wearing suits loving sucks and they should be cast to the dustbin of history in all venues

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
sweatpants and miz t-shirts for all imo

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Drakkel posted:

back in the 90s and early aughts, nba players (black) and other athletes (black ones) and (black) entertainers dressed casually and in baggy clothes. sure, it might be a $5k ensemble, not including jewelry, but this disturbed and frightened the monied and connected because they (black) dressed like "thugs." gallons of ink were used at newspapers and hours spent on talking head TV and sports radio stations talking about what a terrible example these "thugs" (black) were having on our children.

the NBA instituted a dress code in the mid aughts, which banned:

quote:

Sleeveless shirts
Shorts
T-shirts, jerseys, or sports apparel (unless appropriate for the event (e.g., a basketball clinic), team-identified, and approved by the team)
Headgear of any kind while a player is sitting on the bench or in the stands at a game, during media interviews, or during a team or league event or appearance (unless appropriate for the event or appearance, team-identified, and approved by the team)
Chains, pendants, or medallions worn over the player's clothes
Sunglasses while indoors
Headphones (other than on the team bus or plane or in the team locker room)

noted menswear aficionado and future guy who wore a du-rag in court with an oversized crucifix after saying the n-word on tape, hulk hogan, instituted a similar dress code at one of restaurants.

https://www.tmz.com/2014/09/25/hulk-hogan-dress-code-beach-restaurant-black-clothes/

basically, people with more money or influence than grown men with lots of money and influence, successfully painted black dudes as criminals because they wore different clothes than ownership or journalists.

now, forced to dress like white people wanted them to, no one would ever complain about how black people dressed, acted, or protested against racism ever again and no one ever said anything about kaepernick or cam newton and we all lived happily ever after

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Meanwhile, Cena was showing up in fits like this

https://twitter.com/CREAMBENTLEY/status/1246592456533082113?t=omxDeU-UlDpju5ITATkFAQ&s=19

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

idc if people wear suits or not but this trend of wearing a suit with sneakers is the worst thing thats happened to mens fashion since the decline in popularity of jorts

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
New dress code: Everyone wears a dress.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
dress code, more like dress Chode

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Kennel posted:

I fucks with this

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Kennel posted:

Are kilts in your clan tartan acceptable?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Kvantum posted:

Are kilts in your clan tartan acceptable?

No.

Don't blame me, I don't make the rules.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/ItsWrestleWorld/status/1737796682551570634

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

this looks like it is an older event poster resurfacing. if its current and real its kind of insane that there has been no promotion until 6 days out lol

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

JUNGLE BOY posted:

this looks like it is an older event poster resurfacing. if its current and real its kind of insane that there has been no promotion until 6 days out lol

Nah, Kenzie Paige is on there and she's current NWA Women's Champion. Global Force Gold is BACK BAYBEE

EDIT: wait and Lee Johnson too

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
The GFW website (https://globalforcewrestling.com/ if you want to marvel at the finest web design of 2009) is of no help, unsurprisingly

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that thing says 2023 at the top but i don't see anything about that show running anywhere at that resort. must be very last minute, dumb, and an afterthought where people are going to be there regardless b/c of the college bowl game extended weekend

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

https://twitter.com/uncommonsahil/status/1737852974452621372?t=wPOAE3hv6f5Lju1eDFJJ9A&s=19

guys I think gfw is going to deliver what aew has failed to do

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

I don’t see aew selling gold bars, do you

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I don’t see aew selling gold bars, do you

GFW bout to hit up all the local Costcos and clear the shelves

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

JOIN THE FORCE

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
https://www.instagram.com/p/C1FZAUbpFxE/

"We’re BACK! Next week we head to Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center to host a PRIVATE EVENT for the Auburn and Maryland football players, coaches, and staff for this year’s Music City Bowl Game Players’ Party! We’re closing out 2023 in a HUGE WAY!"

This explains the "no promotion" thing, though not so much the GFW branding

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/bryandanielson/status/1738348698239730072

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bryan "the finest" danielson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I love that this match continues to show up every so often. So tense, Akito is an absolute master

https://twitter.com/itsvedatime/status/1738302151326044498