Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Splat
Vampire
Werewolf
Mage
Changeling
Promethean
Demon
Hunter
Sin Eater
Deviant
Mummy lol
beast?!
Goku
View Results

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Nessus posted:

Smoke, Video, Neon, Concrete, Asphalt, Glass, Chrome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Not one you can actually acquire for yourself in Infamous Second Son, but there's Paper too!

Very funny that the entire semi-ARG behind that DLC expired so now if you go back to play the DLC they've patched it to just be barely-narrative chase missions following a uniquely-modeled NPC.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

bewilderment posted:

Not one you can actually acquire for yourself in Infamous Second Son, but there's Paper too!

Very funny that the entire semi-ARG behind that DLC expired so now if you go back to play the DLC they've patched it to just be barely-narrative chase missions following a uniquely-modeled NPC.

funny, i just started playing infamous last light off of ps+ the other day!

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
There's rules for striking the actual Bargain and founding new courts from the perspective of the characters in CtL2e's Oak, Ash, and Thorn along with some more sample courts/freeholds but not much in terms of guidance for designing new ones, I don't think.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Mage: the Awakening:

https://x.com/turtlekiosk/status/1727917698795884548?s=20

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I am about to start a chronicle in Tuscany during the Anarch Revolt and I am thinking of setting up clocks for the major events, with the possibility of player intervention or just random chance changing things around. We are starting shortly after Patricia diablerizes Harderstadt, which is extra relevant since one of the PCs is her childe and has her as a Mawla.

I am thinking of starting the "Formation of the Camarilla" clock with both the Tremere and Ventrue already in, since its conception came from their leadership, but I am kinda clueless as to why the other clans joined in, was it mostly because the majority of their members adhered to Via Humanitas? I know the main reason is that those were the initial clans in 1E, so they were all in the secret society for all vampires until the setting got expanded, but help me out here.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The Malkavians joined pretty early although they had significant Sabbat rep too. On the other hand: Malkavians

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

You can imagine the nascent Camarilla taking a long hard look at the Malkavians and harbouring two competing thoughts
1) Why EXACTLY do the seers want to join? What kind of madhouse are we building here?
and
2) Do YOU want to tell them no?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ZearothK posted:

I am thinking of starting the "Formation of the Camarilla" clock with both the Tremere and Ventrue already in, since its conception came from their leadership, but I am kinda clueless as to why the other clans joined in, was it mostly because the majority of their members adhered to Via Humanitas? I know the main reason is that those were the initial clans in 1E, so they were all in the secret society for all vampires until the setting got expanded, but help me out here.

Well the Toreador should be pretty obvious. That sort of social construct is made for them. And by them, because they were very influential in its founding. The Brujah at the time weren't the punks/rebels/union men/etc. they'd become later and at the time they joined because it was something new and maybe even something that could lead to the New Carthage. Gangrel joined because they either had debts to pay to clans in the Camarilla or because they'd leave the Gangrel a lot more alone than the Sabbat would, but even then it was mostly a lip service thing.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

It took me a minute to realize that '2' wasn't being used in lieu of 'too.'

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Free Gratis posted:

J. F. Sambrano, the native writer who detailed his struggles as part of the original W5 development team with Hunters Entertainment, wrote a patreon post that said he’s working on his own version of Werewolf, and offered up some examples of his version of Patron Spirits that can slot into W5. It's made me mad all over again at how dull W5 is.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/extinction-93021373

I am so ridiculously excited for this.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/AliNahdee/status/1729196592929062977?t=QsenSyF3I1OyCZvlCrzDpQ&s=19

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The thing with Twilight gets funnier as it is I am given to understand extremely Mormon.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, there's a reason all the supernatural creatures have poo poo that picks out their destined mate for them. And also why the book is extremely weird about the one female werewolf.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
https://youtu.be/67-jmZr2ST4?si=5IsoOSp4_E88XCs3

Jason Carl did a Q&A on Thanksgiving, mostly about GMing and stuff, I think.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Fuzz posted:

https://youtu.be/67-jmZr2ST4?si=5IsoOSp4_E88XCs3

Jason Carl did a Q&A on Thanksgiving, mostly about GMing and stuff, I think.

It's good, a lot of gm advice and stuff about how he works as an ST. And a couple brief teases of the fabled M5 napkin notes.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I may have to go to Swedraculas birthday and our mutuals keep insisting he's a neat guy who didn't intentionally put wack poo poo in 5E.

Can someone cliffs notes me the controversy was about? I'd like more than hearsay.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Tias posted:

I may have to go to Swedraculas birthday

new thread title

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Tias posted:

I may have to go to Swedraculas birthday and our mutuals keep insisting he's a neat guy who didn't intentionally put wack poo poo in 5E.

Can someone cliffs notes me the controversy was about? I'd like more than hearsay.
First I'd like to ask you, what are our options on curses here?

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Tias posted:

The man wrote the phrase 'full rear end-rape stiffness' into a story he had inserted in a reissue of a convicted sex offender's edited anthology, op

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

He also claimed that OG White wolf were "pussies" for not releasing a 9/11 plotbook in the aftermath. And that they should release a new "Gypsy's" Book (When pressed he agreed they'd probably need to call them Roma now). And that Female characters in historical games should be worse than male characters for the sake of historical accuracy.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Is he also behind the weird transphobic poo poo they crammed into Changing Ways?

Tias
May 25, 2008

Nessus posted:

First I'd like to ask you, what are our options on curses here?

Idgi

Kurieg posted:

He also claimed that OG White wolf were "pussies" for not releasing a 9/11 plotbook in the aftermath. And that they should release a new "Gypsy's" Book (When pressed he agreed they'd probably need to call them Roma now). And that Female characters in historical games should be worse than male characters for the sake of historical accuracy.

Ooff

Tias
May 25, 2008

Nessus posted:

Is he also behind the weird transphobic poo poo they crammed into Changing Ways?

Elaborate?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Nessus posted:

I'm not sure if he's directly responsible but it happened under his tenure, yes.

Tias posted:

Elaborate?

The Tradgames arm of Paradox forced a bunch of edits into the 20th anniversary books that came out after they got ownership. For the W20 book changing ways they added a bunch of stuff about how Werewolf Society views trans werewolves as 'worse than metis' and that anything short of the intervention of an incarnae is unacceptable to them because if you aren't fertile in your new gender then you're a failure as a werewolf.

It also goes over, at length, how all women secretly want to be mothers and that a female werewolf's instinct to be a mother is so strong that they will frenzy if someone tries to abort their fetus.

Also werewolf sex is so primal and vigorous it will overcome all physical forms of contraception, somehow.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Oh I was implying you could curse him, but he's already cursed - he's Swedracula!

Tias posted:

Elaborate?
Based on memory, the elements in an otherwise interesting book (even if one may dislike the underlying premise) were:

* Female Garou roll to frenzy if they have an abortion
* Garou who receive gender confirmation surgeries regenerate to their previous form when they shape-change
* Garou who spirit-quest for gender transition assistance through spirit-magic will probably still be shunned for sterility unless they get the big spirit spells and can make babies.

None of that poo poo was necessary, although a note to the effect of "spirit-quests and similar boons can provide gender confirmation changes... even better than Weaver surgeries!" would have been alright by me. Maybe have a Rite the CoGs can do.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Kurieg posted:

Also werewolf sex is so primal and vigorous it will overcome all physical forms of contraception, somehow.
Tiny, furious crinos sperm

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kurieg posted:

I'm not sure if he's directly responsible but it happened under his tenure, yes.

The Tradgames arm of Paradox forced a bunch of edits into the 20th anniversary books that came out after they got ownership. For the W20 book changing ways they added a bunch of stuff about how Werewolf Society views trans werewolves as 'worse than metis' and that anything short of the intervention of an incarnae is unacceptable to them because if you aren't fertile in your new gender then you're a failure as a werewolf.

Given what we know of Werewolf 5e it's also possible it came from the chief editor who thought the best way to deal with having two Native American tribes was to slaughter one to the last. As you say though the buck stopped with Martin.

The trans stuff is particularly gross as, surprise, anything a werewolf does in that direction doesn't matter anyway! Gender-affirming surgery doesn't work because of a Garou's regeneration and their bodies just nullify extra hormones so oh well!

It is absolutely worth noting again this was inserted without the original writers' knowledge and especially consent and drove off some really talented folks.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

It would have cost $0 - indeed probably net a few hundred dollars - to just not have transphobia in your book. The Garou Nation is not a human society even if it is adjacent to human!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

It's extra dumb because the moon being gender fluid and actually Luna's blessing letting Werewolves breed regardless is an easier place to get to!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Lord_Hambrose posted:

It's extra dumb because the moon being gender fluid and actually Luna's blessing letting Werewolves breed regardless is an easier place to get to!
Yes, it would be easy to either say "the Garou Nation doesn't care about your pronouns, just your claws" or have a range of tribal typical attitudes or ANYTHING other than "naw, except maybe after an epic quest, except naw" Hell, Garou could just sometimes find when they shift back down after their first change, they're a different apparent gender now and it stays that way.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Kurieg posted:

It also goes over, at length, how all women secretly want to be mothers and that a female werewolf's instinct to be a mother is so strong that they will frenzy if someone tries to abort their fetus.

Its so tiresome that Paradox's meddling both made the oWoD dumber and killed the nWoD.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Anyway, have fun at the party!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Anyway, have fun at the party!
Real username/av synergy here

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Something that still sticks in my memory about early V5 is that the Brujah clan compulsion used to straight up be "Triggered", but in precisely the sense of a reactionary comedian's Netflix special. It explicitly meant you were offended on moral or political grounds and had to get mouthy about it.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Nessus posted:

Yes, it would be easy to either say "the Garou Nation doesn't care about your pronouns, just your claws" or have a range of tribal typical attitudes or ANYTHING other than "naw, except maybe after an epic quest, except naw" Hell, Garou could just sometimes find when they shift back down after their first change, they're a different apparent gender now and it stays that way.

"Turned into a wolf, then I turned into a girl. This is rad as hell"

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
You can even tell people you'll punish them in the name of the Moon. Werewolf should be extremely lgbtq+ friendly imho.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Jesus loving christ, everything posted on this page is nightmarish

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

As appropriate for the World of Darkness!

This is sarcasm. Or is it? Because every time I read something about the new oWoD stuff is this flavor of awful and never getting better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Ferrinus posted:

Something that still sticks in my memory about early V5 is that the Brujah clan compulsion used to straight up be "Triggered", but in precisely the sense of a reactionary comedian's Netflix special. It explicitly meant you were offended on moral or political grounds and had to get mouthy about it.

This was in the preview version, thankfully it never made it to print but yeah, loving YIKES.

Apparently Ravnos in design doc for the extra clans had a compulsion called "Gaslighting," too. It's actually pretty impressive they managed to right the ship for Vampire and Hunter, at least. Woof still a mess, but Apocalypse always basically sucked rear end anyway.