Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

guaranteed 1 giulillion viewers, wbd contract easily saved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Idk if AEW's women's div needs stars as much as it needs TV time. If you want to watch Giulia wrestle you prob shouldn't want her to sign with AEW, where she'll wrestle once every two weeks in a heatless match. Maybe once every week if she's getting pushed. Having Giulia or Moné on the roster isn't going to suddenly make TK book more than one women's match per show. Giulia should go to AJPW and wrestle Nakajima for the Triple Crown.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwZ6eGCQdFM

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Yeah, I haven't really bothered to find time to practice recently, but I'm going to buy a new guitar anyway.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I'd give cave a few million dollars I don't have to make Guwange II. I already suck at Guwange, but give me another one to suck at

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

apophenium posted:

Giulia should go to AJPW and wrestle Nakajima for the Triple Crown.

Either that or go to SEAd to fight the other Nakajima, it's another chance to get kicked real hard

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

fart blood posted:

Newest Observer reports that AEW has not made a serious play for Giulia.

Why?

Because the last thing AEW needs is more new signings when they already have more wrestlers than time to show them.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

When Tony named all the things he thought were cool that got him into wrestling, nobody ever questioned why none of them were like...All Japan Women or Aja Kong or Manami Toyota. Or why Kenny was explicitly given control of recruiting for the division (because Tony didn't give a poo poo)

They're not signing Giulia. Hell, this is going to be the second time they won't sign Mercedes Mone

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

They should make Tony Khan an on screen heel but only for the women’s division, give Riho the stunner and redo Austin/McMahon.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Riho should be louder, angrier and have access to a pipe

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I can't believe Eat My Fuc wants Riho to take a stunner from Tony Khan.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Honestly AEW's gonna have a hard enough time keeping literally any of the existing women they have let alone finding new ones to sign.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh absolutely

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
TKO isn't gonna get into a bidding war for anybody on the AEW women's roster.

I assume they're already experiencing gianto buyer's remorse right now for Jade.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

AEW did not make a serious play to retain Lexis King.

Why?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

MJeff posted:

TKO isn't gonna get into a bidding war for anybody on the AEW women's roster.

I assume they're already experiencing gianto buyer's remorse right now for Jade.

Jade doesn't give a poo poo because she's independently wealthy already and is doing wrestling because it's fun and also because she wants to be the next Rock. She doesn't really have any motivation to do more than the bare minimum in ring and hell i can't blame her because if i was making kevin nash money like that i'd do the least amount possible too

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cavauro posted:

Why?

He thought Lexis was a woman which he really hates, just can't stand the ladies

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Cavauro posted:

Why?

His mind was too SICK and TWISTED to keep around

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cavauro posted:

Why?

Lexis King after he wins the NXT North American Championship:

https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1736504797795144157

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

being an aew fan makes me feel like such a loser. feels like i’m always on the losing team when it comes to the things i like

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

JUNGLE BOY posted:

being an aew fan makes me feel like such a loser. feels like i’m always on the losing team when it comes to the things i like

Should try being an AJPW fan, it's great

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

The Bernie Sanders of wrestling promotions.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

wow that is spot on

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Pylons posted:

Here's How Tony Khan Can Still Win Booker of the Year 2023

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Pylons posted:

AEW fans apparently are slightly better educated and make slightly more money than WWE fans, as a whole. Yup, checks out.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Stop being a fan, like me. Watch old cartoons every Wednesday night and go to bed at 9:00pm, I feel like a winner.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

does this make hhh hillary and vince trump or the other way around

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NienNunb posted:

Stop being a fan, like me. Watch old cartoons every Wednesday night and go to bed at 9:00pm, I feel like a winner.

what cartoons are you watching

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

what cartoons are you watching

Time for you to get Popeyepill’d

https://youtu.be/48N6aeI4Suc?si=FDaoL3RiO5dj7RI5

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

popeye and betty boop are both great

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

now we're in hell

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Because the last thing AEW needs is more new signings when they already have more wrestlers than time to show them.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

This dumb company doesn't have a Lucha division yet

God I loved second hour Nitro

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pylons posted:

:drat:

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I agree that for anybody wanting to watch Giulia wrestle, AEW is the last place you should want her to be. That doesn't take away from how stupid Tony Khan is for not showing any interest in her (if that report is to be believed) when he will open his wallet for any washed-up white man who was in the WWE.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I mean, when Tony Khan was scooping up lads left and right the way most of us did back when we were playing EWR, he still showed little to no interest in hiring women once they were available.

When Vince Vince'd his way back into power in the WWE and went on a firing spree, Tegan Nox was there, Evie was there, etc. Right now, Tenille Dashwood is available (or will be soon, has it been 90 days?).

I'm also firmly of the belief that there should be a Women's Tag Team title in AEW and ROH (there should be a women's equivalent for every male title, IMO but I guess the roster isn't deep enogh right now to support a tertiary title), with plenty of ready-made tag teams and Anna Jay and Tay Conti (in addition to Penelope and The Bunny had the latter's contract not expired). It would have also given a lot of the women who are often unseen for ages something to do.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Tenille Dashwood is very bad.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Do you think Tony wants a women’s division or does he feel he’s obligated to have one? Or does he feel that one match per show is fine since a lot of the wrestling he watched growing up only had one (or none) per show?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

obligated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Do you think Tony wants a women’s division or does he feel he’s obligated to have one? Or does he feel that one match per show is fine since a lot of the wrestling he watched growing up only had one (or none) per show?

Obligated