Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
pretty much anything of note in the sale is sold out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Pretty disappointed with the TRU and Aeon stores near my place. It's almost Christmas and none of them want to discount their many Transformers toys. Maybe they want to wait until Chinese New Year when children are loaded with their own cash.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Just sharing my universe’s design for Dead End by the amazing Quillobyte! She’s a fuel vampire like her Prime counterpart, with a fatalist macabre personality.

https://x.com/quillobyte_/status/1738031981407896058?s=46&t=idHOluBX7WY76GN9uEVUwg

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Nodosaur posted:

Just sharing my universe’s design for Dead End by the amazing Quillobyte! She’s a fuel vampire like her Prime counterpart, with a fatalist macabre personality.

https://x.com/quillobyte_/status/1738031981407896058?s=46&t=idHOluBX7WY76GN9uEVUwg

If that was real it would get me to buy my first transformer in over 5 years.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Captain Invictus posted:

pretty much anything of note in the sale is sold out.
I found the Stranger Things van last week. I hadn't even realized that was a Target release.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Good thing I read about this sale here, was able to get out to Target and get this guy I've been eyeing:

Funny to think that it's been so long since Armada aired that it can now be mined for nostalgia... is Animated next?

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Good thing I read about this sale here, was able to get out to Target and get this guy I've been eyeing:

Funny to think that it's been so long since Armada aired that it can now be mined for nostalgia... is Animated next?

Taking this at face value. Yes.

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers...ps%2C148&sr=8-1

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I honestly did not know that! Or maybe I saw it before and forgot, either way that's cool! I loved the Animated show and figure line, Animated Ultra Magnus was one of my favorite Transformers toys.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

They already did Animated Prowl, there's a Bee coming/out, Bulkhead is supposedly Prime but is taking his alt mode cues from Animated...

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dabir posted:

They already did Animated Prowl, there's a Bee coming/out, Bulkhead is supposedly Prime but is taking his alt mode cues from Animated...

Not really? He’s a military truck, so if anything he’s taking cues from AOE Hound

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Animated Bulkhead was a futuristic APC

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Dabir posted:

Animated Bulkhead is seriously a hard toy to beat, both the leader and the deluxe sized ones are more or less perfect.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dabir posted:

Which is not a truck

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's more of a truck than Prime Bulkhead was. It's a big utility vehicle.

Tbh it's not really prime OR animated Bulkhead, it's What If G1 Bulkhead. You look at it and you can practically see the 40 year old Diaclone import it came from.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
An SUV is not a "truck" but my brother in law keeps calling it one. It's like when people call hot dogs "glizzys." You... you just gotta ride it out.

FIGURE REPORT!

ROCK LORDS: Bouldercrash looks pretty good, poses pretty good, but has a whole handle attached to his shoulders that reaches to his feet. Weapon is goofy huge, and he has a third form besides his War Trike that's some kind of bladed club. They're... all right.

Magneous, on the other hand, is extremely good. He's kinda like the recent Junkeons, but instead of disassembling like they do for mixing and matching, you can strip all the rocky armor off, leaving a slab that turns into most of a robot... when the robot is armored up, has an axe and a shield, pretty possible. New character, too. Possibly the best Deluxe in this wave. Can't really find any faults.

Armada Megatron: solid little guy, if you like the Core size class this is worth a look. Wings are permanently arched and the forearms are straight up hidden under the wings, feels like a cheat but also looks really neat.

Animated Bumblebee: looks rad in both modes, transforms in a really cool way. The thing that prevents it from being perfect is the shoulders/upper arms. There's another figure that does this exact same thing but I can't remember at the moment which one. He has what feels like four shoulders or four elbows, I'm not sure which. Looks absolutely rad.

Rescue Bots Chase: Another rad bot. The way his legs fold out to the entire length of the car mode is really neat. His little wing thingies get a bit in the way of his arm rotation though. Juuuuuust enough to be annoying. Very good otherwise.

The Tasmanian Kid: extremely clever transformation, he's standing on his open Tasmanian Devil mouth. The arms and legs complexly flip positions during transformation, and the beast forelegs come out of what seems like nowhere. His tail becomes a fusion canon-like arm mounted weapon. Huge mitts for hugging and maybe mauling. Truly worthy of the name.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I honestly did not know that! Or maybe I saw it before and forgot, either way that's cool! I loved the Animated show and figure line, Animated Ultra Magnus was one of my favorite Transformers toys.

I had a lot of animated figures but I never found him.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

An SUV is not a "truck" but my brother in law keeps calling it one. It's like when people call hot dogs "glizzys." You... you just gotta ride it out.
What in the gently caress is a “glizzy”

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Xenomrph posted:

A hot dog

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Apparently not!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Riding it out!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Xenomrph posted:

Slang for hot dog that comes from hip hop slang for a Glock handgun. Apparently the comparison comes from a hot dog being about the size and shape of a handgun magazine. It's TikTok crap.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

FIGURE REPORT!

ROCK LORDS: Bouldercrash looks pretty good, poses pretty good, but has a whole handle attached to his shoulders that reaches to his feet. Weapon is goofy huge, and he has a third form besides his War Trike that's some kind of bladed club. They're... all right.

Yea that big handle in back is a bit lame and I can't figure out how to easily slip his legs around it doing the waist rotation part of the transformation. Might just be a fat fingered oaf though. I haven't opened up the other rock or Megatron yet but glad to hear they're good!

WIndblade is pretty fun too like...the legs took me a second to realize how you transform them but they make a pretty nice lil jet mode. And you can reach her arms close enough to have both hands hold the sword.

Also I hate "Glizzy" cuz it just sounds gross.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

FIGURE REPORT!
Rescue Bots Chase: Another rad bot. The way his legs fold out to the entire length of the car mode is really neat. His little wing thingies get a bit in the way of his arm rotation though. Juuuuuust enough to be annoying. Very good otherwise.
I was surprised how complicated this figure is. I could barely get all of his bits to line up right. Some 5 year old Rescue Bots fan is going to get this guy as his first real Transformer and be brought to tears.

I also got all of the Reactivate figures. I know a lot of people here didn't like the patchwork look of the designs, but they're all pretty solid figures. The weakest of the bunch is Soundwave, who's a lot smaller than I was expecting (the same size as the Bumblebee in robot mode, maybe even more compact in vehicle mode). That, combined with a car alt mode with no real audio elements and no little buddies to pop out of the hood chest, makes him not a particularly good Soundwave. Bumblebee and Starscream are exactly what you'd expect from the pictures. I like the kind of off-road VW Bug look, not as a mainline Bumblebee but I think it works fine as a different take on the character. Bumblebee also has a decently complex transformation, moreso than I was expecting. Starscream is fine but nothing special, his blue eyes are very disconcerting for a Starscream.

The Optimus Prime is definitely the stand out figure of the line (if you can call it a line). He's big and hefty, and really reminds me of IDW Prime in a lot of the design cues. I'd definitely recommend him for any Optimus shelf, if you can deal with only getting him in a 2-pack.

Speaking of Primes:
https://news.tfw2005.com/2023/12/24/new-item-listings-found-tf-x-joe-mobat-optimus-prime-general-hawk-86-blaster-mayhem-2-pack-more-498831

quote:

• Transformers X GI Joe M.O.B.A.T Optimus Prime with General Hawk
Product Number: F8364 (subject to change)
A little disappointing, since it looks just like an ordinary tank which is a horrible alt mode for Optimus Prime, but at least we're finally getting the character. Now just give us a Starscream and maybe a Hound I think I can be done with the line.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
There's a reason I've talked before about how the ideal Transformers/GI Joe crossover line would take the standard human/vehicle scale from the latter and shrink it down to where the human figures would be about the size of a Titan/Prime Master, not only would the resulting Transformers fit in better with the regular lines, you would also be able to do much more in the way of variety since most GI Joe vehicles in such a scale would fit comfortably as alt modes within the regular size classes(a couple would maybe need Commander class and pretty much only the USS Flagg would need to potentially be Titan class)

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Is that the first time Optimus has been like..a specifically combat vehicle and not just a truck with guns?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Good Listener posted:

Is that the first time Optimus has been like..a specifically combat vehicle and not just a truck with guns?

As an official toy at least yeah I think so

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!
Maybe they will make Rolling Thunder a Prime. I know a third party had one like that years ago.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Rolling Thunderclash

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Merry Christmas to you all!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
uh oh

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I hope you enjoy it for more than 5 minutes!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm going to enjoy selling it I think is how thats going to go. I didn't open it

It's super cool and way more interesting than prime but I can't justify it

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Megatron is going to be livid at Prime for stealing his alt mode.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I don’t like the idea of Prime as a tank :[

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

A big fuckin cannon is the right of all sentient beings

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Medullah posted:

A big fuckin cannon is the right of all sentient beings

I can absolutely verify that is not true, and if it was/is someone tell me who to see about it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Comfortador posted:

I can absolutely verify that is not true, and if it was/is someone tell me who to see about it.

Look it was cold out

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I feel attacked.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

The first alt-mode he was ever shown using in any of the fiction was basically a tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I have zero memory of that. What issue is it from?