Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ace Attorney rear end Name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
his evil twin Mor tried to frame him

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Platystemon posted:

(John) Manwood’s Treatise of the Forest Laws: Shewing Not Only the Laws Now in Force, But the Original of Forests, What They are, and How They Differ from Chases, Parks, and Warrens; with All Such Things as are Incident to Either is a classic.

I ain’t readin all that…title. There are more pages? What?

E: Being a typesetter must have been rad back then.

“I need all this on the first page.” *hands a small notebook*

goatsestretchgoals has a new favorite as of 16:12 on Dec 22, 2023

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
It’s a classic work on conservationism

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Tree Law?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

SiKboy posted:

Tree Law?

Forest Law

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

goatsestretchgoals posted:

E: Being a typesetter must have been rad back then.

“Listen, I just got my order of Garamond in 5 weights and with italics and small caps that I paid a year’s wages for, and as the Lord is my witness I’m going to use all of them, dammit.”

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://www.twitter.com/PicturesFoIder/status/1738100744291754297?s=20

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
What a ride, wow

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Huh 🤔

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Platystemon posted:

(John) Manwood’s Treatise of the Forest Laws: Shewing Not Only the Laws Now in Force, But the Original of Forests, What They are, and How They Differ from Chases, Parks, and Warrens; with All Such Things as are Incident to Either is a classic.

cum privilegio

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

thought this was gonna be an ad for darlie toothpaste (the minstrel show one)

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

feedmyleg posted:

"Apparently" the Koopa Kids were never intended to be Bowser's children :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Who knows better, Nintendo? You, a large software and hardware company which has existed for over 100 years, or 8 year old me, a boy who definitely knew that the Kopa Kids were Bowser's children?
I must once again refer everyone to the Mario 3 manual, Nintendo's attempt to Stalin history must not be allowed to stand.

https://archive.org/details/SuperMarioBros3NESHiResScans/Super%20Mario%20Bros%203%20-%20Manual%20%28Clearscan%29/page/n3/mode/2up

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Anyone got a translation for the end of that one? I really have to know what the tag line is.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I dunno, I'm kind of with V for Vendetta guy on this. People get comfortable when they find a spouse and just kind of let themselves go and quit taking care of themselves and their appearance and body. Like fuckin show some dignity. Pierce is sweaty and drunk looking and couldn't even get his shirt buttoned up all the way.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I dunno, I'm kind of with V for Vendetta guy on this. People get comfortable when they find a spouse and just kind of let themselves go and quit taking care of themselves and their appearance and body. Like fuckin show some dignity. Pierce is sweaty and drunk looking and couldn't even get his shirt buttoned up all the way.

No, he definitely lost and she won. There's no tie.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Bluesky skeets are viewable without an account now!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

spookykid posted:

Anyone got a translation for the end of that one? I really have to know what the tag line is.

If I remember from the last time this rolled around, it's something like 'don't judge by appearances'.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

`Nemesis posted:

Bluesky skeets are viewable without an account now!

and there's no way to stop this either, so lol at their block functionality literally only working if the people you block are logged in. otherwise it's just "sparkling mute"

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

and there's no way to stop this either, so lol at their block functionality literally only working if the people you block are logged in. otherwise it's just "sparkling mute"

Fuckin … huh?

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Fuckin … huh?

People you’ve blocked can still view your posts, they just have to log out

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Knormal posted:

I must once again refer everyone to the Mario 3 manual, Nintendo's attempt to Stalin history must not be allowed to stand.

https://archive.org/details/SuperMarioBros3NESHiResScans/Super%20Mario%20Bros%203%20-%20Manual%20%28Clearscan%29/page/n3/mode/2up

Wait... They're all named after musicians?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I always thought the point of blocking someone was so that you didn’t have to see their posts. I’ve never cared if they can see my poo poo, I’m never gonna hear about it.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I always thought the point of blocking someone was so that you didn’t have to see their posts. I’ve never cared if they can see my poo poo, I’m never gonna hear about it.

It's more to stop them replying to your posts which is why you need block not just mute.

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love

King Carnivore posted:

People you’ve blocked can still view your posts, they just have to log out

How would the ability to block a person who isn't logged in work??

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

cult_hero posted:

Larry Mozart and Morton Beethoven

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Aramoro posted:

It's more to stop them replying to your posts which is why you need block not just mute.

How could I get replies from someone who don't have an account

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Davedave24 posted:

How would the ability to block a person who isn't logged in work??

By also only allowing people who are logged in to see posts.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Hyperlynx posted:

So... ElonTwitter

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

So... ElonTwitter

I think the suggestion is that you should have a toggle to set your account to private/friends only or whatever.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Hyperlynx posted:

good thing you're only allowed to make one bluesky account in your entire life otherwise it would be really easy to get around that

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

OwlFancier posted:

I think the suggestion is that you should have a toggle to set your account to private/friends only or whatever.

Yeah Private would be a good functionality but it has nothing to do with Block

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I dunno why that is considered a gotcha on bluesky but it was very dumb. Anyway please post good posts here I just looked at the idiots on soc med thread and someone posted yet another Ian miles cheong complaining about women in video game thing as if it were novel. God

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Lazy_Liberal posted:

thought this was gonna be an ad for darlie toothpaste (the minstrel show one)

I have a box of that! Absolutely got one when I was in Cambodia. Told everyone in my class the story behind it.

Fobby
Jun 28, 2023

cult_hero posted:

Larry isn't. He's just named that because the person naming them thought he looked like a Larry.

Weirdly, I learned both of these things yesterday.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
https://twitter.com/carterhambley/status/1738371103071019223

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/TommySiegel/status/1738201698693267468?t=oLRxIarpzazJTyjRVymTjw&s=19

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

This changes nothing. I'd still pound eggnog like water if it weren't 100 calories per sip.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i am once again having a great time on twitter community notes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

one of the things i loathe about Australia is that it is too disgustingly hot at christmas to make egg nog