Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
They need more Art Adams besides just the Shang-Chi.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

canyonero posted:

I'd be curious to know what kind of state Snap was in during it's beta run. I participated in two of Dual Force's beta tests, well I tried to. The first one was so bad they just had to cancel it outright because the client/server communication just didn't work. The 2nd one it mostly worked, but it was still laggy as hell. For a card game! I never really felt like I was having fun with the actual gameplay during that test. I'm not sure if it was the mechanics, the bugs, the large deck size (Snap has really spoiled me).

Despite it's frustrations, Snap's gameplay is really great (and fast). Dual Force felt the complete opposite.

I started playing Snap at the tail end of the first season, June or July 2022, and it was pretty much fully formed by then. It was feature complete, everything worked, and there were probably fewer major bugs than have been introduced since it went live. They kept it in beta another 4-5 months anyway. It was night and day compared with DCDF.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Does that make the only real DCGs on the market: Magic, Hearthstone, Legends of Runeterra, and *Snap*?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Sandwolf posted:

Does that make the only real DCGs on the market: Magic, Hearthstone, Legends of Runeterra, and *Snap*?

i've heard the pokemon tcg has gotten a resurgeance complete with a revamped digital client but i don't have any firsthand knowledge. there's also yugioh master duel but people are rapidly remembering why people stopped playing yugioh

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
400 tokens for the weekend new card mission, that's the highest for quite awhile isn't it?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Maybe they felt bad about cutting it off at the knees right after they released it

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yeah that really feels to me like 'here's some pity tokens for killing the best use of this card'

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Nikumatic posted:

why do you hate my wallet

it's the last card in my tons of fun tribunal deck without a hipp.

I picked up two more hipps today to fill it out, just need 3 more + Magik and I'm completely hippified.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Got a Dan Hipp Dazzler as my mystery variant, and that's actually part of that album! Thanks Twitch Drops.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Nice try, I'm still not buying Havok

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

flatluigi posted:

i've heard the pokemon tcg has gotten a resurgeance complete with a revamped digital client but i don't have any firsthand knowledge. there's also yugioh master duel but people are rapidly remembering why people stopped playing yugioh

PTCGL sucks.

Basically, imagine if they took the Daily Mission / Collection Ladder mechanics from snap, but with each box being card packs instead. Pokémon TCG card sets are massive, and while they do have Hearthstone-style card crafting, they have no option to decompose cards to get new crafting currency; instead, duplicates give you more crafting currency.

The only other way to get more cards than the amount you get by playing each day is by buying (physical) Pokémon card packs and feeding the codes inside those packs into the game, which gives you a pack of cards in the game. There is no trading system (the old PTCGO online card game had a trade center, which was horribly cutthroat, but it did exist).

But hey, it's on mobile now!

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

sailormoon posted:

There’s a potentially phat bundle coming this weekend for 7500 gold

This seems plausible.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

That bundle was datamined as better, but they have since adjusted the amount of credits down

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
Finally a week with 3 cards probably worth spending keys on so went all-in, got Legion - Echo - Havok - Nico so that was good enough, probably would have stopped at 3 if I got Nico before Havok but whatever

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

FlamingLiberal posted:

That bundle was datamined as better, but they have since adjusted the amount of credits down

They then said credits will be higher and tokens will be lower, last time I heard

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

ALLAN LASSUS posted:

Finally a week with 3 cards probably worth spending keys on so went all-in, got Legion - Echo - Havok - Nico so that was good enough, probably would have stopped at 3 if I got Nico before Havok but whatever

Any week where you get four new cards is a good week, even if most of them are series 4.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
Help, I'm addicted to buying every single Dan Hipp card and I can't stop myself

I have 78 Hipps and I still can't make a full hipp deck.

give me more hipps, cowards

edit: didn't say hipp enough, HIPP!!!

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Did you see the Hipp interview with Cozy? Man's a chiseled Adonis

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Beasteh posted:

Did you see the Hipp interview with Cozy? Man's a chiseled Adonis

This does not surprise me. I'll have to check it out

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

No second dinners for that guy

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I only have one key left for Iron Lad. Hopefully I will I key draw it.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I hope that you will you key draw it too

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
Man, I just absolutely cannot find a deck to try and climb with. I was at 99 a couple of days ago and now I'm down to 88. I've cycled through a bunch of decks and just keep getting shithoused by random bullets (Surprise galactus, enchantress/chi that perfectly gently caress up whatever deck I'm playing) over and over and over. I've played card games for over 20 years and I fully recognize when I'm tilting, but that's not even the case this time. It's been a supremely frustrating couple of days, I really need to find a list that doesn't keep getting hosed.

Anyone have any suggestions? Devil dino ongoing, mold decks, ramp lists, etc. have all completely failed me.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Burginator posted:

Man, I just absolutely cannot find a deck to try and climb with. I was at 99 a couple of days ago and now I'm down to 88. I've cycled through a bunch of decks and just keep getting shithoused by random bullets (Surprise galactus, enchantress/chi that perfectly gently caress up whatever deck I'm playing) over and over and over. I've played card games for over 20 years and I fully recognize when I'm tilting, but that's not even the case this time. It's been a supremely frustrating couple of days, I really need to find a list that doesn't keep getting hosed.

Anyone have any suggestions? Devil dino ongoing, mold decks, ramp lists, etc. have all completely failed me.

Thanos Blob Destroy still has it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

flatluigi posted:

No way I loved the Pokemon tcg in like… 2001 lol. I started playing magic over hearthstone only because arena got good and got an iPad version

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Burginator posted:

Loki. Check the KM Bests video below for a build guide with gameplay. It’s one of the harder deck pilot but it’s been at or near the top of the meta for months now. Always a reliable way to hit infinite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch4MvvpV8z4

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Snazzy Frocks posted:

They then said credits will be higher and tokens will be lower, last time I heard

This is accurate. They also said that credits would be higher than the original mine, which was 7000. I'm guessing 3k tokens 10k credits, but we'll see.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My Shaw deck was unstoppable for the first 2 weeks and now it's dead in the water, and they nerfed all my other good decks. Blob/Hela is the only thing I'm having any luck with, I took Red Skull out and put Taskmaster in so I at least have a couple other ways to win

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Opopanax posted:

My Shaw deck was unstoppable for the first 2 weeks and now it's dead in the water, and they nerfed all my other good decks. Blob/Hela is the only thing I'm having any luck with, I took Red Skull out and put Taskmaster in so I at least have a couple other ways to win

Shaw is a fun card and I don't think he's bad or anything, but I also don't think he's a cornerstone of a top tier deck. Definitely a step down from the last few season pass cards. Which, honestly, is probably a good thing because they keep nerfing those anyway after the fact which is bullshit.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Burginator posted:

Ugh. I got two cubes away from hitting Infinite for the first time yesterday, and just hit a wall. Back down to 96.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Simple wins games. Play some Shuri. Especially with everyone doing Surfer Shaw things right now.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I think okoye is a highroll trap. Even if you get it on two it still doesn't mean you're drawing what you need with it. And if you draw it late it's useless

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This updated one is the only thing I'm gaining with

code:

# (2) Invisible Woman
# (3) Electro
# (3) Wave
# (5) Taskmaster
# (5) M.O.D.O.K.
# (6) Blob
# (6) Hela
# (6) The Living Tribunal
# (6) Helicarrier
# (6) Giganto
# (6) The Infinaut
# (8) Death
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl2aW5nVHJpYnVuYWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vZG9rIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIZWxpY2FycmllciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSW52aXNpYmxlV29tYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkluZmluYXV0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHaWdhbnRvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZWF0aCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmxvYiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWxlY3RybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVGFza21hc3RlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGVsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2F2ZSJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Putting Taskmaster in helped a lot, but it's still a win or lose deck. If I get IW-Modok-Hela I'll win, if I can get Blob-Tasky (either with him behind IW or with ramp cards) I win, if I get bad draws and can't pull either I may as well retreat. When I do win I'm regularly pulling 8 cubes though

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Phew! After some more struggles, I went on a nice little run and hit Infinite for the first time with Blob Thanos Lockdown. And to make things sweeter, the win that took me over the top was against some dildo with the name Donald J Trump. Eat poo poo, nerd!

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Opopanax posted:

Putting Taskmaster in helped a lot, but it's still a win or lose deck. If I get IW-Modok-Hela I'll win, if I can get Blob-Tasky (either with him behind IW or with ramp cards) I win, if I get bad draws and can't pull either I may as well retreat. When I do win I'm regularly pulling 8 cubes though

For me this kind of description makes it a Conquest deck, where you can take a few retreats and still not be worse off because you win big 1/4 times or something. For ladder consistency and simplicity are key.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Using IW scares the hell out of me now that alioth is tailored to destroy her and several popular decks run it

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Using IW scares the hell out of me now that alioth is tailored to destroy her and several popular decks run it
It's definitely a risk. However, I am seeing far less Alioth than I used to, since now you have to have priority for him to go off at all.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I tried playing a pool 2 Move deck a bit last night.

I might be too stupid to play Move decks.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Move decks are easily the most complicated to pilot. I also generally don't think it's worth it points-wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Jedit posted:

This is accurate. They also said that credits would be higher than the original mine, which was 7000. I'm guessing 3k tokens 10k credits, but we'll see.

Well you were half right. 10k credits but only a measly 1500 tokens :rolleye: