Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

trilljester posted:

And if he throws to Stefon Diggs Kincaid, that would be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i swear to god if i win this im buying a raheem mostert jersey i cant believe im gonna do it

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

does any seattle fan know what the deal is with Walker's fuckin' mystery shoulder injury that caused two DNPs?

concerned he doesn't get nearly a full load this week despite playing

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
You know what’s worse than having hindsight and looking at your league draft and kicking yourself for not taking certain players?

Having hindsight and looking at your keepers from last year and kicking yourself for not keeping certain players.

Could’ve kept Rachaad White for a 13th instead of Pollard for a 4th. Ugh.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Honestly even the first half of this season Rachaad White was only putting up mid numbers for his ADP. He was dropped in my (8 team) league after putting up 5 points in Week 6 coming out of the BYE. Luckily for me, the flier hit and propelled me to the championship match, but I don't blame anyone for "missing" him because his past and present looked grim

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Whoreson Welles posted:

You know what’s worse than having hindsight and looking at your league draft and kicking yourself for not taking certain players?

Having hindsight and looking at your keepers from last year and kicking yourself for not keeping certain players.

After Hurts rookie year I kept Stafford instead of Hurts as a 4th round keeper in a 2QB league. After this year I am going to have a bonanza of keeper value where I hopefully guess correctly.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I have one keeper league and my keeper will almost certainly be Addison for a 7th (I took him in the 8th and it goes up one round per year). Not thrilled about it since the Vikings' QB situation is up in the air, and he's blocked from elite usage by JJ. But he's looked great when he gets chances, and it's either him or Rhamondre for a 6th and I don't really want to touch the Patriots poop again. Pending what happens with coaching and the draft etc I guess... if things fall right NE has an outside chance to be interesting. I took a few late round swings on young guys and none of them really worked out unfortunately. I am insanely jealous of the folks who hit the lottery on their keepers and have Chase or something in a late round.

Whoreson Welles posted:

Yeah this feels terrible in hindsight but I think the vast majority of people would have done the same. Pollard was a consensus early 2nd rounder or even late first. Literally everything was set up for him to smash. And then he just... didn't :iiam: He was supposed to do what Kyren ended up doing. Getting that in the fourth round would have been incredible (although obviously not as incredible as getting Kyren for free off waivers lol).

I held White all last year and he was extremely meh. Obviously Fournette leaving opened up his opportunities but he's way outperforming what I think most expected from him. People thought the Bucs were going to suck out loud. And they aren't amazing but they aren't like flirting with 0-17 by any means.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Docjowles posted:

I have one keeper league and my keeper will almost certainly be Addison for a 7th (I took him in the 8th and it goes up one round per year). Not thrilled about it since the Vikings' QB situation is up in the air, and he's blocked from elite usage by JJ. But he's looked great when he gets chances, and it's either him or Rhamondre for a 6th and I don't really want to touch the Patriots poop again. Pending what happens with coaching and the draft etc I guess... if things fall right NE has an outside chance to be interesting. I took a few late round swings on young guys and none of them really worked out unfortunately. I am insanely jealous of the folks who hit the lottery on their keepers and have Chase or something in a late round.

Yeah this feels terrible in hindsight but I think the vast majority of people would have done the same. Pollard was a consensus early 2nd rounder or even late first. Literally everything was set up for him to smash. And then he just... didn't :iiam: He was supposed to do what Kyren ended up doing. Getting that in the fourth round would have been incredible (although obviously not as incredible as getting Kyren for free off waivers lol).

I held White all last year and he was extremely meh. Obviously Fournette leaving opened up his opportunities but he's way outperforming what I think most expected from him. People thought the Bucs were going to suck out loud. And they aren't amazing but they aren't like flirting with 0-17 by any means.

The expectation of him being what Kyren Williams is is 690% correct

What kills me about Pollard is folks figured (myself included) the Cowboys might pass a bit less with Moore going to the Chargers and they’ve been throwing MORE. Which should be fine, Pollard is great at receptions but they aren’t throwing to him either! :argh:

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Dec 23, 2023

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Pollard is the #11 RB in my full PPR league, I took him with pick 13 (I took CeeDee first) and while Pollard isn't performing like the earlier studs I am absolutely okay with this output, and mostly took him because of the stability. I will admit my pick of CeeDee influenced my pick of Pollard cause I figured this offense would have the chance to boom quite a bit this season.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

When I go for high floor RB I want someone like Dalvin Cook last year, he had a floor of like 10 points and could occasionally go for 20+. Pollard regularly hasn’t gotten 10 (6 games this season) and I think he had one week over 20, week 1 lol

E: I mean it could be worse, folks saved me from taking Mattison lol

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Docjowles posted:

Oh for sure, 100 times out of 100 I was keeping Pollard. I just enjoy twisting my own knife looking back at my team and seeing that I could have had James Cook or Rachaad White for a fraction of the value.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I'd probably be madder if I hadn't flipped Tyler Allgeir and Calvin Ridley for James Cook, but Pollard to me has been just middling/ok and not abhorrent

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I dropped Taysom

Thanks for some wins, old friend :rip:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Bellmaker posted:

When I go for high floor RB I want someone like Dalvin Cook last year, he had a floor of like 10 points and could occasionally go for 20+. Pollard regularly hasn’t gotten 10 (6 games this season) and I think he had one week over 20, week 1 lol

E: I mean it could be worse, folks saved me from taking Mattison lol

I drafted both Mattison and Pollard in one league :rubby:

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

dxt posted:

I drafted both Mattison and Pollard in one league :rubby:

It is an absolute irony that these two guys were awesome as back ups and great handcuffs in years past but blow as starters.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Bob A Feet posted:

It is an absolute irony that these two guys were awesome as back ups and great handcuffs in years past but blow as starters.

Should rename the RB Deadzone the Toby Gerhart zone. Fantasy analysts can't help themselves when it comes to extrapolating backup efficiency onto starter volume.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I took so much Mattison because I loved how he let you get two top receivers, or Kelce and a WR or something, then still end up with a full time RB on a good offense in like the 5th round. I failed to factor in the chance that he would be AWFUL. That choice really screwed over a lot of my teams

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I took a lot of Najee Harris based on how much the Steelers offense was getting fluffed up in the preseason and figuring he was an every down back.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Bob A Feet posted:

To be fair before his injury at the end of the season Pollard had the majority workload a few games and went absolutely nuclear. I really have no idea what happened between then and now, maybe it was the injury, but I’ve never seen a guy so proven as a starter have such a huge dropoff between seasons.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
This weekend will end in sadness or at least mixed emotions. Both leagues I’m against teams with rosters I own in the opposite.

Up against the 1 seed in one league and I’m the 4 seed, and the other league I’m the 1 against the 4! It’s insane, the rosters are very similar too.

And up against Puka in both :barf:

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Docjowles posted:

I took so much Mattison because I loved how he let you get two top receivers, or Kelce and a WR or something, then still end up with a full time RB on a good offense in like the 5th round. I failed to factor in the chance that he would be AWFUL. That choice really screwed over a lot of my teams

Pain of Mind posted:

I took a lot of Najee Harris based on how much the Steelers offense was getting fluffed up in the preseason and figuring he was an every down back.

I took Mattison and Najee both this year.

Thankfully I also drafted Henry then Mostert and Kamara as a later round value, and got Kyren from waivers

12-3, 1st place in the regular season

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Just woke up from a nap. I dreamed Jonathan Taylor got knocked out cold on the first play of the game.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Whoreson Welles posted:

To be fair before his injury at the end of the season Pollard had the majority workload a few games and went absolutely nuclear. I really have no idea what happened between then and now, maybe it was the injury, but I’ve never seen a guy so proven as a starter have such a huge dropoff between seasons.

Pollard said that he didn’t realize how much the leg injury was still affecting him at the beginning of the season.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

Just woke up from a nap. I dreamed Jonathan Taylor got knocked out cold on the first play of the game.

Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby

Freaquency posted:

Pollard said that he didn’t realize how much the leg injury was still affecting him at the beginning of the season.

To play devils advocate, that’s a super easy cop out for underperforming. Not saying it’s not true, but…

RCarr fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 23, 2023

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Anti-Hero posted:

This weekend will end in sadness or at least mixed emotions. Both leagues I’m against teams with rosters I own in the opposite.

Up against the 1 seed in one league and I’m the 4 seed, and the other league I’m the 1 against the 4! It’s insane, the rosters are very similar too.

And up against Puka in both :barf:

Thread that magical fantasy football needle, Anti-Hero.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Tight End is a barren wasteland of garbage this season lmao

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Tight End is a barren wasteland of garbage this season lmao

It's way better than last season. We have had players like Laporta and Mcbride emerge.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
gently caress!

https://twitter.com/Colts/status/1738698552061120652?t=k5tdlqedLE3KklYIYArTeQ&s=19

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Had my chance to trade Jaylen for McBride and didn't want to cause I was in the midst of injuries, and I feel deeply lovely about it now that I'm rolling with Pat F

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

At least the guy who I'm playing with my undefeated regular season team who started Demarcus Robinson and Puka has Pickens starting today with Mason Rudolph so that'll get me closer after he does nothing.

gently caress

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Start Nick Mullens and Jamo because this guy apparently cannot miss

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

ranbo das posted:

Start Nick Mullens and Jamo because this guy apparently cannot miss

post a pic of his full lineup thats nuts

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Welp this game is making me nervous about my D/ST stashes if I make it to the championship.

Bills look like poo poo, don’t feel great about them vs even the Patriots

This new Chargers team looks competent enough to give the Broncos trouble.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I started bills (and broncos) tomorrow and am rostering Miami and if I survive I might reconsider this approach…

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

why did i run the bills defense. whats wrong with me.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

why did i run the bills defense. whats wrong with me.

Everyone said the Bills were the smash play this week. I got bamboozled, too.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Cook having a worse week than Kamara is impressive honestly.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Cook having a worse week than Kamara is impressive honestly.

I’m here for it since my opponent has cook, and I have Kamara

It’s… Karmic :mrgw:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Welp after Bills D poo poo the bed I’m hoping Lamar, CMC, LaPorta, ARSB, and Cee Dee save my rear end

And if Ford and Achane show up that’d be cool too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

My Josh Allen: 25 points
His Charger kicker: 21 points

gently caress me. Went from 67% chance to win, down to 49%