Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1737245629422710805

well that's not encouraging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Rumor is he had a concussion the week before and they skirted the protocol. might take it extra safe on him.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hiding your star rookie QBs concussion in a season where your ceiling is getting bumped in the divisional round seems extremely stupid and short sighted so I hope that's not the case

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Swiped from the rookie QB thread

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder posted:

Hiding your star rookie QBs concussion in a season where your ceiling is getting bumped in the divisional round seems extremely stupid and short sighted so I hope that's not the case

Stroud was out last week because of a concussion and was taken out of the game the week prior to that because of a concussion I have no idea what dude is talking about

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I assume he means the Denver game which I haven't seen any rumors to that effect and it would be a pretty stupid thing to do

And the hit he took before leaving against the Jets clearly resulted in his head hitting the turf hard

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

BiggerBoat posted:

Swiped from the rookie QB thread

Bust

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
https://x.com/benbbaldwin/status/1737503069556912601?s=20

You're doing great, Tits.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
That's honestly better than I expected.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
No one is more aware of just how poo poo the Titans’ OL is than Titans fans lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Mega64 posted:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Holy hell Giants

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Holy hell Jaguars.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Caleb Farley….is BACK

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!

Soul Glo posted:

No one is more aware of just how poo poo the Titans’ OL is than Titans fans lol

We are cursed to watch our team disintegrate as the OL watched like a teenager "watched" the theme park turnstile.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I don’t think there’s a single fan base that is happy about their OL.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Kirios posted:

I think the Colts line is very good. Fries has been a revelation at RG, Raimann has progressed tremendously to Pro Bowl type production, Nelson and Kelly have been very good, and Braden Smith is excellent when he's not hurt. Freeland has had some growing pains filling in at RT, but he's improving. He's much like Raimann last year, he needs to put on size, and he's a project that is learning.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Kirios posted:

Don't the Niners have a pretty good o-line? Good enough where people can say poo poo like Brock Purdy's a system quarterback, at least. Still think they win it all, but watch it be the Ravens or some poo poo, not that such is the worst.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
gently caress the loving ravens man.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Bismack Billabongo posted:

gently caress the loving ravens man.

Extremely agreed, but I'll be happy foe Lamar at least. If it's the Cowboys though, I'm going to be pissed.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I'm happy with the Colts line. They're still a little inconsistent but nowhere near as bad as last year. Shows what a new coach and scheme can do.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I really hope Caleb Farley can play it would be cool to get something out of him. I’m assuming that he’ll be cut next season but this team needs cb help bad with Fulton going and SMB unable to stay on the field. Rooting for him to show something

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Colts line is poo poo, please, they just play the softest schedule.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Elephanthead posted:

Colts line is poo poo, please, they just play the softest schedule.

Their schedule is basically league average this year. It's the same as the Eagles, Bills, Broncos and just behind the Chiefs.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

It's funny that after settling on FA or Trade QBs the past few years, the Colts finally draft a QB, he promptly dies, and they're likely making the playoffs on the back of another QB they paid in FA.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I know that the tits are gonna be moving on from a lot of old dudes this off-season but I really think they need to offer denico an extension. He’s still playing at a super high level

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I know that the tits are gonna be moving on from a lot of old dudes this off-season but I really think they need to offer denico an extension. He’s still playing at a super high level

the problem is, he's kind of a luxury. You're probably not spending much elsewhere, so you can probably afford it, but it really depends on how you can retool the offensive line (draft picks and available FAs) and secondary. Real needs in the OL, WR, CB, all of which are fairly premium positions. Is paying Autry during a rebuild which he'll probably age out of the best you can do, or should you draft a project to put next to Simmons and see if you can find something?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
If he gets one more sack this season it’ll be a career high and he’s on record wanting to stay here even though the team is “retooling” or however you want to put it. With how things went with Kevin byard I would like to see them reward a guy who has outperformed his contract every year he’s been here, even if it’s not a super critical position given the other needs

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Intruder posted:

I don't know if you know this, but that ceiling would be tying the best season the Texans have ever had.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Texans still have a good shot this season, but the right move is to protect your franchise stars now and make a real push next season considering the Jags are imploding, the Titans are rebuilding, and the Colts have a glass QB. Texans have a divisional round ceiling this season, but could be Super Bowl contenders next season.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

I don't know if you know this, but that ceiling would be tying the best season the Texans have ever had.

It's not a ceiling worth risking the health of the superstar QB you just drafted

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

texans super bowl 2024... let's.make it happen.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

many people are saying this

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
the issue is : if the Texans make the playoffs, don't the Bengals not make it? That's the only team the Texans can beat in the playoffs.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
nuh uh we beat the Bills that one time and they might make it

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

davis mills will get revenge on the chiefs

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

EvilBeard posted:

the issue is : if the Texans make the playoffs, don't the Bengals not make it? That's the only team the Texans can beat in the playoffs.

we beat the raiders that one time

don't ask who the raiders started at qb

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

we beat the raiders that one time

don't ask who the raiders started at qb

I watched that in a bar with my Texans fan friend and it was brutal.

also: I think that was the Colts breaking the ankle of Carr that laid that one out there. We should get an assist.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Dec 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Probably Magic posted:

Don't the Niners have a pretty good o-line? Good enough where people can say poo poo like Brock Purdy's a system quarterback, at least.
Its mediocre at best except for Trent Williams who is absolute monster at LT. Like... Trent Williams should be getting considered for MVP. He is insanely good.