Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

neogeo0823 posted:

What are your favorite endgame weapons? I'm finally getting to the end of the main quest, and I'd like to go ham on some minions and a boss. I recall a recommendation to try zora weapons with the frog armor for increase wetness duration, as well as that whole process for getting a lynel smacker with some pretty bonkers damage. Any other interesting combos of anything you guys would recommend? Pure damage is great, but I'd also love to hear about any fun combos or weird interactions you guys know about.

The Lightscale Trident is crazy good. You'll need a Zora Spear, which I had a couple of but it's mentioned in one of the guides I looked up when trying to remember the ingredients

"ProGameGuides posted:

This weapon belonged to Mipha, champion of the Zora in Breath of the Wild. To obtain this, Link will need a Zora Spear. Fortunately, there is one location with an enemy that will always hold a Zora Spear. This location is off the trail leading up to Zora's Domain on the eastern edge of Tabahl Woods (coordinates: 2734, 0238, 0101). There will always be a Lizalfo with a Zora Spear here between bloodmoons. Grab the spear and bring it to Dento in Zora's Domain. He will convert it into the Lightscale Trident for some Flint and three Diamonds.

Lightscale Trident + High Power Fuse Item + Frog Suit + Sidon's Ability makes for an incredibly powerful silver enemy melter.

You can also use Puffshrooms and Eightfold Blades to deal a ton of damage. Puffshrooms will immediately make enemies lose track of where you are, which also means you can Sneakstrike them if you crouch next to them. Eightfold Blades deal additional Sneakstrike damage on top of the critical damage that Sneakstrikes already do. I think the math is something like a regular Sneakstrike is 8x damage, Eightfold Blade Sneakstrikes are 16x damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Nooooo

Worst thing in the game :negative:

I love Mucktorock because I got a great photo of his shark form leaping through the air that let me do a Free Willy reference for my monster diorama.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Colgera's Jaw was pretty badass, also mushroom on a stick does poo poo for damage but it's very very funny when used against Bokoblins

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
I like slapping an ice like like stone on a shield. You can use the parry to smack enemies into the frozen state before finishing them with a power weapon.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Epic High Five posted:

I always kept a boomerang around with a lizfalos tail on it because while it is almost useless as a weapon, it is very very funny. Most of my shenanigans at end game were construction related

Boomerangs have a lot of fun combos. Elemental stuff for a nice area of effect, or a beam emitter for a fun light show.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Captain Hygiene posted:

Nooooo

Worst thing in the game :negative:
Get your Zonai game on with 2-3 homing carts with hydrants fused to them.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Cheesus posted:

Get your Zonai game on with 2-3 homing carts with hydrants fused to them.

Opal (that's the water one right?) glued to a rod works well too.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Nearly broken Royal Guard's Claymore fused with a Savage Lynel Saber horn for Lynel Farming.

Scimitar of the Seven with a Savage Lynel Mace Horn for "I want this thing dead ASAP"

Boulder Breaker and a Rare Talus Heart for Rare Talus Farming.

Eighfold Blade and Savage Lynel Saber Horn for aforementioned puffshroom sneakstriking.

Savage Lynel Royal Broadsword for when I actually manage to pull off a Flurry Rush.

Admittedly, it does get a bit annoying telling the difference between some of these weapons mid-combat.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Savage Lions Bow with bombs tend to be my go to. I carpet bomb the area

Also....one question. Does the height of your fall impact the strength of your attack? Every now and then I jump attack with the full gliding suit and am curious if I landed on something beefy it would cut that health bar up

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

God I hope so. I want to dive straight off the start island and somehow drop attack onto a boss bokoblin from 10,000 feet up

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Akratic Method posted:

God I hope so. I want to dive straight off the start island and somehow drop attack onto a boss bokoblin from 10,000 feet up

There's one patrolling around.... IIRC the ruins of Lon Lon Ranch. You should be able to hit that pretty easily from the starting sky island.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Might have to go do some science, and see whether it's a normal attack, or if the pig man is instantaneously obliterated.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Yeah, the very first thing I saw after landing was a Boss Bokoblin and his chuds on patrol, shouldn’t be too hard

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
There's something uniquely stressful about starting out in this style of Zelda game. 4 hearts, no stamina, actively watching for sticks on the ground.

road potato
Dec 19, 2005
I've just restarted and decided I'm going to try to get through the quest (with all the main points) as quickly and efficiently as possible, which is absolutely not the approach I did last time. It'll be fun to balance out how many shrines to do, how much zonite to gather to actually make gadgets useful, etc.

Should be fun to try to run the game with a whole different perspective from last time.

I'm also trying to figure out how many of the great fairy fountains to unlock- I don't want to go into the final battle with armor only worth 2. I'm not that good at combat, but I guess that's one way to get better.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

road potato posted:

I'm also trying to figure out how many of the great fairy fountains to unlock- I don't want to go into the final battle with armor only worth 2. I'm not that good at combat, but I guess that's one way to get better.
It's a fun side quest, you should do all four of them even if Tera (northeast of the Castle Ruins) ends up being the easiest one to come back to over and over again.

And leveling up armor was how I got better at combat so that Gleeoks were my only "gently caress that, here's my Zonai laser hover stone to help out" type nemesis. Having that in autobuild proved invaluable at the end.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Those monster army events are good for practicing swordplay. Plenty of drops to keep your weapons sharp.

For bow, go battle lynels. Lynels have great loot too but they suck to fight straight up without trying for stun+riding.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Dropped TotK for BG3 (which I dropped for Need For Speed (which I dropped for Super Mario RPG)) and I'm finally back into it.

Man, the whole Spirit Temple quest is very silly, in a good and fun way.

I was starting to get bored with the game when I dropped it, so one challenge I had taken to doing to spice things up a bit was that I can only heal at campfires that I did not make myself. Enemy camps, traveller camps, stables, and towns usually have at least one kicking around somewhere. I can make my own campfire to pass the time or to fuel an updraft with an acorn, but I can't heal at it. I can eat food or drink potions for effects if I'm not at a fire, but only if they don't heal any hearts, i.e. a potion does not heal me or I am already at max HP so eating food is fair game. Healing by completing a shrine or collecting a Heart Container is fair game. Fairies can be used to enhance food but cannot be used to revive from death. If it's raining, lmao good luck with that. It has to be a campfire, not some wild brushfire that an enemy started with a Fire Fruit, etc.

I could just sell all my hearts to the demon trader and run around with no armour, but this challenge is meant to make things more interesting, not to give myself some gamer cred or whatever. Things can get tense in the middle of a cave or against a Gleeok.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I imagine I'm probably the only sicko who actively avoids cooking stuff in this game that they wouldn't want to eat IRL, right?

Have a whoooooole lot of frost resistant food. I wish there was some way to just use multiple ingredients with multiple effects and just select the one you want.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I've cooked a potful of rock salt before, and I'll do it again! :hehe:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Currently rock salt is too precious for me to pull that trick but as a small child I did occasionally just sneak a pinch of salt by itself.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Eifert Posting posted:

I imagine I'm probably the only sicko who actively avoids cooking stuff in this game that they wouldn't want to eat IRL, right?

Have a whoooooole lot of frost resistant food. I wish there was some way to just use multiple ingredients with multiple effects and just select the one you want.

Honestly, I'm a pretty adventurous eater, and I have yet to cook or receive a dish that I wouldn't want to try at least once in this game. Well, ok, no, I wouldn't eat the dubious or rock hard meals from that one quest, but other than that, basically all of the rest of the food has looked amazing.

Considering your hoard of frost resist food, I'd personally just eat it if I needed the healing. But, I'm also at the point where I'm not really cooking specific foods for specific buffs anymore, since I have so many various bonuses from armor sets now. Even then, if you've got like a dozen frost resist dishes, I think you'll be fine eating all but like 3 or 4 of them.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
All the meals you can make sound pretty good to me?

like other than the various dubious foods and food made with ganondorf meat, I can't think of anything I wouldn't want to try

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

food made with ganondorf meat

The what now

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Ganondorf meat

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I think the ganon meat is that long pulsing clump. I don't think I'd care much for that either. Even if it was like jerky

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Augus posted:

Ganondorf meat

Gan U Wine

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Space Fish posted:

Gan U Wine

"Pony" but every "GYUH" synth sound is replaced with Link yelling "HYAH"

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

bawk posted:

"Pony" but every "GYUH" synth sound is replaced with Link yelling "HYAH"

lol

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

All the meals you can make sound pretty good to me?

like other than the various dubious foods and food made with ganondorf meat, I can't think of anything I wouldn't want to try

I'm a big meat and veg guy not a huge fan of cooked fruits. Also I'm a little concerned about throwing a couple of crabs into a pot and having a steamed fish come out.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Maaaaan batteries are a grind.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Eifert Posting posted:

Maaaaan batteries are a grind.

Explore the underground not just mine Zonite, I had it mostly full and never once went out to grind.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Beating things that give you crystallized charges as a reward is faster than mining, at least after a certain point.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Houle posted:

I think the ganon meat is that long pulsing clump. I don't think I'd care much for that either. Even if it was like jerky

yeah, it drops from Phantom Ganon

it's ganondorf meat

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Augus posted:

Ganondorf meat

Calamity Gammon.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Quantum Toast posted:

Calamity Jamon.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

HNY everybody

https://x.com/chocrab_1226/status/1741428923257565236?s=20

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Looks like Blossom Tales 2 is on sale for under $10, on Switch and PC at least. I had it wishlisted since I liked the first one, this seems cheap enough to go for.

e: first Zelda thread post of 2024 not about a Zelda game :eng99:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just got the master sword.

Those cutscenes are supposed to be funny, right? Everyone burst out laughing at the big reveal, not just me, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
... No?