Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
Alright, I'm home from work and the voting is now closed. Warto has been mentioned twice so I'll send Alena there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (43) Week Twenty-Two Summary

Let's settle down and resume this quickly. I sent a message to Mrs Audry to let her know I'll be home early and I'll be taking her out to see Torlando perform at The Drunken Pig pub tonight. Shall we send Alena to investigate the northern lights?

FoolyCharged: Send the witch, as much as I appreciate a good light show we don't need the distraction during the battle

Black Robe: Send Alena to a random village that hasn't been scouted yet, I agree with His Majesty that Jovan would have come to us himself if he needed aid - that is the point of an alliance, after all.

Slaan: The Witch should visit the northern most location possible to keep my filthy peasants healthy enough to work. Fools likely don't even scrape the cow dung off their hands after picking up worms or whatever it is they do. Even the witch is smarter than those idiots.

jkq: Send Alena to investigate the fireworks lights up north.

Bregor: A light show indeed! Sounds like a bunch of rubbish! If these circumstances are affecting Lord Jovan, I'm sure he would send word to His Grace straight away. Ignore the "phenomena" for the time being.

As her schedule should be free this week, send Alena to a nearby village. She's a witch, so possibly Warto? :dadjoke:

sb hermit: Send Alma to investigate the phenomena.

Kanthulu: Send our witch to the forest village of Warto

We shall send Alena to one of the villages. Prabuly is the furthest north but I heard Warto mentioned a couple of times. I'll send a message to her shortly to head to Warto at first light. Now, what shall we do about this merchant?

sb hermit: Take up the offer to trade our gold for the merchant's supplies.

Bregor: Finally, a merchant comes with wares we actually require! Take up the offer of supplies for gold.

jkq: Buy the supplies, we can always get another gold loan if needed, but we can't easily get more supplies.

Slaan: Yes yes buy the supplies. The last few weeks have truly had terrible catering by His Majesty's servants. If we buy more ingredients then at least that's one less way for the PEASANTS to grumble themselves out of working. Oh boo hoo we don't have anything except magic chicken my horse's bum!

Black Robe: Buy the supplies while we have the money.

FoolyCharged: Buy the supplies, we need em

Good, good! This should help feed our army for a couple of more weeks. Or maybe we can put it to good use by helping out someone in need. We will find out next week after the petitioners arrive in the courtroom. Which of our contacts shall we invite to the courtroom alongside the rest of the rabble?

Black Robe: Invite Lena and try to make some progress.

jkq: Invite Via Lyt, maybe she's heard something from the Radovian that "left" with her.

sb hermit: I dunno if we should invite Noaksey since he didn't have much to say about the evidence last time. Same with via lyt. Instead, we should invite Lena since she hasn't seen any of our evidence yet.

FoolyCharged: Invite Noaksey, because we really should try and find something conclusive out before this trial.

Slaan: Invite Noaksey for more information, I guess. It shan't harm or help me so I don't really care.

Bregor: Although he was a phony hero, I believe Noaksey may still be well-read on the biology of certain beasts. Send for Noaksey and ask him about the animal fang.

Noaksey it is then... oh joy! Thank you for your time, everyone. See you next week!

I appreciate your patience, I have answers for both of you.

Those lights are probably nothing.

Oh yes, of course. Let's just hope you are right and nothing bad will happen...

28 gold sounds reasonable to me. Here's your gold.

Pleasure doing business with you, Your Grace. I should be back in Davern in a few weeks' time, Your Grace. Until then!

End of Week Twenty-Two!

Inventory

Archives

Magical Anomalies

Spices

Fog in the Forest

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Dec 19, 2023

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I sent a message to Mrs Audry to let her know I'll be home early and I'll be taking her out to see Torlando perform at The Drunken Pig pub tonight.

How splendid! The Drunken Pig is a fine establishment. Ask for the Plocko Punch, you won't be disappointed!

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

The Drunken Pig? I didn't know they'd named a pub after Slaan :imunfunny:

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (44) The Three Horsemen Of The Babocalypse

I return from Mr. Torlando, Your Grace. I don't know much about writing, but this guy seems to know what he's doing. I'm just a little perplexed as to why he asked so many questions about my underwear...

Your Grace, I've encountered a group of children in the forest. They were looking for the fern flower. Seems like they didn't know they wouldn't find a thing this time of year. Luckily nothing bad happened to them, so I took them to their parents and they thanked me with what they could - with 11 supplies and their words of gratitude.

At your service, Your Grace.

I have found this phial near Branca, can you tell me anything about it?

I used to buy poison phials from merchants to use on monsters. I don't buy them any more, they never worked... I haven't seen such an elegant phial before, though. Looks important.

That will be all for now.

As you please, Your Grace.

Your Grace, we tried waiting it out... But Babushka is back again! Her men on horses... they came! They took over three villages, Your grace! They are forcing everybody to feed enormous amounts of food to their children! We're scared she's coming for them, Your Grace! She wants to eat them! You must do something! They are there right now, please send your men! They are in three villages. The red horse is in Oborka. The black horse is in Jablonka. And the white horse is in Belka.

I will see what I can do.

Your Grace, I have marked those locations on the map for you. If you open the map, you will be able to point an agent to these locations.

Thank you! Your Grace! I knew we could count on you!

Cedani! What on earth is that fox doing in the Throne Room?

It's my new agent! Hisser!

Back with the pets, are we?

Well... You can't exactly send toys on a mission. They don't understand anything, no matter how much you explain! Besides, this one was hard to recruit. It took time!

Why have you called it that?

Oh, that's easy! Because he hisses! Hsssssss!!!

Is keeping a fox around a good idea, Audry?

Of course it is!

He shouldn't cause too much trouble, Your Grace.

Ha!

Fine, keep him. Hisser can stay.

Yesss! Hisser will soon be known everywhere! First in Davern for his noble deeds! Then in Atana, once we take Lorsulia and Dusty back! Perhaps he could compete with Dragonslayer Noaksey one day! Ohh! Once he's passed initiation, he will be sent for quests! Hsssssss!

How are you feeling, darling? I'm worried about you. You've fainted twice now. What if it gets worse. Who... Who will take over the throne? I think we need to make a bigger effort, darling. Perhaps Audry is right. We need to try harder. I feel like I'm failing my duty as a queen... At this time, this age, a King should have a son.

You do not need to feel guilty! The fates clearly have other plans for us. We have three beautiful, healthy daughters. It's not your fault we don't have a successor!

Thank you, darling. Perhaps... Perhaps you can meet me later tonight, once everyone's gone... I have some ideas how to make things... more interesting. Maybe it will help.

I think Aurelea worries too much about everything. I should do something to make her feel better. Maybe some sort of small gift to remind her I love her, no matter what.

Council Meeting

Hello once again! I hope that you enjoyed your extra free time last week as you'll be having even more tonight. We only had one petitioner and the King decided that we are going to do something about it, regardless of what we think about it. He did have plenty of visitors though.

Stan has returned from Torlando's with news that he has a special interest in people's undergarments. Alena returned from Warto with a fresh batch of supplies. Cedani has adopted a fox. And the Queen is upset that she hasn't provided the King with an heir. Although she did invite the King to the bedroom with a comment about making things more interesting... I'll check the dungeon inventory in the morning to make sure things didn't get a little too interesting.

Map

We have more news regarding the return of Babushka. Many of you were quick to dismiss this but it seems like it's real and the dung has hit the windmill in quick measure. Three villages have been taken over by three horsemen working for Babushka and they are now force-feeding the children in preparation for some ritual. Whether you believe in this or are still skeptical I would say that this is still worth checking into one way or the other. Both of our agents are free and we need to make use of them.

Davern (North)

Davern (South)

According to the villager, the red horse is in Oborka, the black horse is in Jablonka and the white horse is in Belka. Our General and Witch can visit two of these this week and we can send one of them to the third when they return next week. Or we can send them to check out other villages and ignore this business altogether. It's entirely up to you all.

Allies

We also need to decide on who to invite to court next week.

Jovan - We can ask him about this magical phenomenon.

Lena We can ask her about the investigation and speak to her about the alliance offer.

Grego - We can sell more paintings to Grego.

Via Lyt - We can speak to her about the investigation.

That is all for now. We will take a short break and reconvene again in about half an hours time.

Haha! You're tickling me! Stop it!

Nothing's going to work from THIS side!

Oops...

Oh! There you go...

It's not THAT easy!

Mhm....

Ahhh!

Asalia has put something in my bedding!!! I went to sleep and now everything is itchy!

It's just some nettle powder! It will pass in a bit!

Where are you getting these ideas from, Asalia?

I can't talk to Maya any more, so I need to find other ways to stay entertained!

That isn't fair on your sister. Help her get rid of this, and begone!

We will talk about this, Asalia! Ehh... And that's why there isn't an heir to the throne! Eh... Maybe we can try another time.

Perhaps we can still try tonight?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Yes, Your Grace After Dark...

Invite Lady Lena to Grevno as she seems to have the most to discuss with His Grace.

Send Alena to deal with the red horse in Oborka, it sounds like magic is afoot for a beast to be such an ungodly color. Also send Stan to Jablonka to tame the black stallion.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Yes yes, do as Lord Bregor says. Tsk, children being force fed by a witch? These peasants will believe anything. At least our agents can show the flag to make these idiots not forget to pay their taxes.

Now then, Black Robe. Draw your rapier, I shall scar your face in combat to punish you for your insolence!

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Let's send Stan to Oborka and Alena to Belka. We don't have any detailed info on the horsemen to guide us in deciding whom to send where, so we may as well use something arbitrary. I note that their respective clothing colors somewhat line up with the colors of the horsemen.

Invite Jovan to learn about the magical phenomenon.

Cedani posted:

Yesss! Hisser will soon be known everywhere! First in Davern for his noble deeds! Then in Atana, once we take Lorsulia and Dusty back! Perhaps he could compete with Dragonslayer Noaksey one day! Ohh! Once he's passed initiation, he will be sent for quests! Hsssssss!

Is it too late to call Torlando back? Maybe he can be persuaded to follow Hisser around for a while.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Bregor posted:

Invite Lady Lena to Grevno as she seems to have the most to discuss with His Grace.

Send Alena to deal with the red horse in Oborka, it sounds like magic is afoot for a beast to be such an ungodly color. Also send Stan to Jablonka to tame the black stallion.

This sounds sensible. I'm still not convinced there's a monster behind this, though - would such a creature hire horsemen?

Slaan posted:

Now then, Black Robe. Draw your rapier, I shall scar your face in combat to punish you for your insolence!

:rolleyes: I'll try and make room in my busy schedule for that entertainment. Watch out for royal pets in the meantime. Hisser has bigger teeth than Stabber did.

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Dec 23, 2023

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Bregor posted:

This.

jkq posted:

Let's send Stan to Oborka and Alena to Belka. We don't have any detailed info on the horsemen to guide us in deciding whom to send where, so we may as well use something arbitrary. I note that their respective clothing colors somewhat line up with the colors of the horsemen.

That!

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Invite Lady Lena as she may know something about the tooth, the phial, and the letter. I don’t believe we have shown these items to her before.

Send Stan to Jablonka

Send Alena to Oborka

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I believe that this is the first time at court where there have been no choices to make at all while sitting on the throne. Even the news of Babushka got an automatic response from Eryk. It is a little strange that things have eased off compared to how things were going in earlier weeks, I'd like to think that the game is going a little easy on us considering that there's going to be a trial happening soon followed by the Radovian invasion shortly afterwards.

I was in two minds about including the humping animation but knowing they were about to be interrupted shortly afterwards just made it seem even more comical.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Happy\Merry [insert celebration]\Monday

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'm going to close the voting now as it's been a while since the voting and the holiday madness is over.

Invite
Jovan - 1
Lena - 5

Alena
Belka - 2
Oborka - 4

Stan
Jablonka - 4
Oborka - 2

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (45) Week Twenty-Three Summary

Alright, let's get this over with. I hope that we get a little bit of excitement next week as it's been fairly quiet this past fortnight. I'll let you all have your say on both topics, I don't see the need to discuss each one individually.

Bregor: Invite Lady Lena to Grevno as she seems to have the most to discuss with His Grace.

Quackles: This.

Bregpr: Send Alena to deal with the red horse in Oborka, it sounds like magic is afoot for a beast to be such an ungodly color. Also send Stan to Jablonka to tame the black stallion.

Black Robe: This sounds sensible. I'm still not convinced there's a monster behind this, though - would such a creature hire horsemen?

Slaan: Yes yes, do as Lord Bregor says. Tsk, children being force fed by a witch? These peasants will believe anything. At least our agents can show the flag to make these idiots not forget to pay their taxes.

Black Robe: :rolleyes: I'll try and make room in my busy schedule for that entertainment. Watch out for royal pets in the meantime. Hisser has bigger teeth than Stabber did.

jkq: Let's send Stan to Oborka and Alena to Belka. We don't have any detailed info on the horsemen to guide us in deciding whom to send where, so we may as well use something arbitrary. I note that their respective clothing colors somewhat line up with the colors of the horsemen.

Quackles: That!

jkq: Invite Jovan to learn about the magical phenomenon. Is it too late to call Torlando back? Maybe he can be persuaded to follow Hisser around for a while.

sb hermit: Invite Lady Lena as she may know something about the tooth, the phial, and the letter. I don’t believe we have shown these items to her before.

Send Stan to Jablonka

Send Alena to Oborka

We will invite Lena to court and we shall send Alena to Oborka and Stan to Jablonka. Thank you all for your time! I hope we get a juicy murder to solve or another thief to track down next week. Slaan, don't get any ideas...

End of Week Twenty-Three!

Inventory

Archives

Babushka

Torlando the Wonderful

Cedani

Aurelea

Spices

For in the Forest

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (46) Oh, The Fool...

Your Grace, I don't know what's going on, but when I arrived to Jablonka it was shrouded with black storm clouds. The thunder and winds were very strong... It's strange because there isn't a drop of rain anywhere else! I dealt with the man on the black horse. He was acting very oddly. He was shouting words in some foreign language...

That does not surprise me at all, considering all the other things I've heard from the peasants.

Your Grace, when I arrived to Oborka it had a very strange aura. It was cold and full of red fog... I dealt with the man on the red horse, but he seemed like he was under a spell. The village calmed down after that.

Thank you for your help.

You have called for me, Your Grace.

I have found this animal tooth. Do you know anything about this? It was found in my Wine Cellar.

Oh, yes. I have seen something like this before. It's a charm necklace. It's an expensive thing... The bigger the tooth is, the more dangerous daemons it can protect you from. I have a small one as well, you know, just in case... Many soldiers wear these as a sign of their strength, especially if they obtained the tooth themselves by defeating a monster. It brings them luck in battle.

Where did you get yours from?

It was a wedding gift from my father.

Thank you, Lady Lena. Take a look at this letter. It has beautiful drawings of flowers all around it. Do you know anything about it?

Flowers? There are Lords in my area that decorate their letters sometimes.

Do you have your letters decorated too?

Sometimes we do, Your Grace. But only very important letters, like wedding invitations.

What do you usually decorate the letters with?

Roses! We always have Roses! It's a symbol of love after all!

It looks like a potion phial. I don't know much about potions myself.

About the marriage...

Have you reconsidered my offer, Your Grace?

Why didn't you let me know about the curse, Lena?

Curse!? What curse, Your Grace!?

Ilida has told me all about it...

Ilida?! That brazen little hussy! These are nothing but lies! Don't let her poisonous jealousy deceive you, Your Grace! Her daughter was supposed to marry my son, but as you can imagine, Asalia is a better choice. She is trying to get her way! I will let my shieldmen join your ranks. They're strong, disciplined men. They can help push the front line. If not, they can defend your men against anything Radovia may throw their way. So... what is it going to be?

I will not risk it, Lena. Curses can be very powerful, and I don't intend to put my daughter through this.

I can't believe you let Ilida manipulate you! Good luck with Radovia... You are going to need it! Hmpf!

We have nowhere else to seek help from, Your Grace. Bandits rule over our village. They said they would slit our throats if we came to you... But we can't let them eat our food, drink our wine and use our women any more. They're well equipped and us farmers, don't know how to fight; we don't stand a chance. Please send your best General before it's too late.

I will speak to my advisor to see if our General is free, please wait in the lobby until I have an answer for you.

Greetings, My Grace. May I come closer?

Yes... Hmm, I see, I see. You have a very interesting aura, Eryk. Let me read your future. I can see it's going to be very interesting, yes... I see... Do you not believe in fortune, My Grace? I have been reading to many kings, yes. And usually, I am correct. Just between I and you. I am promise you, I tell you things about you. And they will be truth. And then you will pay. Otherwise you don't have to, yes?

Fine. Go ahead.

Hmmm... Aha, alright... I see, yes... I see you have had a long journey in your life. I see... HypnOS. A patrol department of sorts. And you are dead! Oh no! No. That's too far into the future. Let's go back a little. Your journey. Difficult, but you were happy. Surrounded by those who love you. But I see there were difficulties... They affected your relationships. Some relationships were strengthened. But some will crumble...

Alright, let me shuffle my cards. And you keep looking into my eyes. Your aura will tell me when to stop. Yes... Yes, keep shuffling. Alright, I think that is it. Let's see...

Oh, The Fool... But don't worry, it doesn't mean you are one, of course not... It means you are doing something new... A new cycle. And you are requiring others to trust you with it, yes... Hmmm... Aha, fine... You might be trusted, but you must be patient.

Next card is... Justice. Yes, of course. I can see that... The need of balance and discernment. You will be seeking peace... Which means it's likely something will disturb you soon...

Well, alright... Last card is... Hanged man. Means that you are trying to achieve something big, yes? Something that leaves you feeling stressed. And unhappy. You will continue to achieve that thing, there will be difficulties... It means everything you know will be turned upside down. A new information. Maybe good. Maybe bad... That is all, My Grace.

Thank you for the reading. Please wait in the lobby for a few moments, I must discuss with my advisor to see if there is a way in which we can compensate you.

Yes, Father?

What you did to Cedani the other night...

I know. Next time I promise I will use a gentler solution than nettle powder...

As...

I just miss seeing Maya. She always came up with the best things to do.

You know she shouldn't be here.

I know, but I just miss her...

Why don't you play with someone from the castle?

They're all boring! They just want to talk about dance lessons or the correct way to behave at the table or how cutlery should be placed. It's awful!

You proved you're resourceful. I'm sure you can come up with something interesting to do.

I know... I'm sorry... Maybe I can bully the servants a bit.

As!

Council Meeting

Greetings! I'm afraid to say that it's another slow week. Maybe we should make the most of this as there's no doubt that we won't get any rest when the Radovians turn up in six weeks time! There was only one petitioner today and it involves bandits taking over another village. We can send Stan to deal with this situation, but it will mean that he will be gone for a couple of weeks. Or we can send the peasant away and let the villagers deal with the bandits themselves.

There was one other visitor who claimed to be a fortune teller and had the gall to approach the King without his permission. I was ready to kick this charlatan out onto the street but the King had other ideas. Not only did he allow her to approach, but he also sat there and listened while she spoke some vague drivel at him. It gets worse than that, he even thanked her and is thinking about giving her 14 gold pieces from the treasury. I'm starting to worry about the King, maybe he banged his head a little too hard a couple of weeks back. Do we give her 14 gold or tell her to get out?!

Map

Stan and Alena did a sterling job of freeing Oborka and Jablonka from the clutches of the red and black horsemen. But both of them also reported some strange goings on in the villages when they reached there which ceased as soon as the horsemen were slain. Both of our agents are free again this week unless we decide to send Stan to clear out the village. Belka is the last village that we need to clear in order to defeat this cursed Babushka and I'd recommend we do it as soon as possible. There are other villages in the surrounding area that need scouting so they are also possibilities if you decide that our agents are better suited elsewhere.

Davern (North)

Davern (South)

Allies

We have done all that we can do when it comes to making allies. There are still some things that we can discuss with a few of the nobles though. Who shall we invite to court next week?

Jovan - We can ask him about this magical phenomenon.

Via Lyt - We can speak to her about the investigation.

That is all for now. I'm going to visit the council chamber as I've always wanted to pet a fox.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Things really are quieting down lately and we're almost at the halfway point of the game. I believe that the royal trial happens on the twenty-ninth week and the Radovian battle will take place on week 30 so there's going to be a couple of huge events happening soon.

I was in two minds about a couple of things with this update. I almost opened up the vote to ally with Lena again due to her admission of having a troop of shieldmen, the original vote was to reject the marriage offer for various reasons so I decided to keep to that vote. If there is a call to open up a vote again so we can have these troops on our side I will add it to the council meeting in the next update. I can work something out behind the scenes if things change.

I was going to barrel ahead with paying for the fortune teller and I would have done if it was only a few gold pieces, but 14 gold is a lot of money and it's not something I can just throw away without putting it to a vote.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Throw the charlatan out! how dare this PEASANT dare to profane this court with her drivel?! And maybe then I can entice her to come "read my future" later...

Have the witch deal with the last village and Stan can go help these bloody PEASANT farmers. They can't pay taxes if their mine the King's Gold was stolen by the bandits.

Invite Via Lyt for be questions

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

If possible, send Alena to investigate Belka.

Send Stan to assist the village under assault.

Send for Via Lyt, see what she has to say.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

If the tooth came from a soldier, perhaps we can ask Lurs? Also, Noaksey might know something if it serves as the trappings of a soldier or hunter. Via Lyt could help as well. If indeed we would have to ask someone that we have already questioned about the tooth, then that is an uncool game mechanic.

From what area does Lena come from? We can ask more lords around that area to learn more about the letter.

Do we still need to ask about the phial?

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Send Stan to help the village, we need to protect our citizens.

Was anything the fortune teller said, as vague as it all was, anything that we can verify as being true? I don't suppose we can ask her to come back in a few weeks? If we haven't been able to verify or prove anything she said is true, then send her away. As she said, if she hasn't said any truths, we don't need to pay.

Send Alena to Belka, let's finish dealing with the Babushka incident.

Invite Via Lyt, and see if she's heard anything new from torturing the Radovian prisoner the rumor mill.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

jkq posted:

Was anything the fortune teller said, as vague as it all was, anything that we can verify as being true? I don't suppose we can ask her to come back in a few weeks? If we haven't been able to verify or prove anything she said is true, then send her away. As she said, if she hasn't said any truths, we don't need to pay.

Send Alena to Belka, let's finish dealing with the Babushka incident.

Invite Via Lyt, and see if she's heard anything new from torturing the Radovian prisoner the rumor mill.

Sounds good to me!

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Send Stan to fight the bandits

Tell the fortune teller to sod off

Send Alena to Belka

Invite Via Lyt to talk about the investigation

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

sb hermit posted:

If the tooth came from a soldier, perhaps we can ask Lurs? Also, Noaksey might know something if it serves as the trappings of a soldier or hunter. Via Lyt could help as well. If indeed we would have to ask someone that we have already questioned about the tooth, then that is an uncool game mechanic.

From what area does Lena come from? We can ask more lords around that area to learn more about the letter.

Do we still need to ask about the phial?

We only get one piece of information about each item of evidence from each noble and we can't follow up with them when we uncover more information.

Even though some of the information is different and useful to us there is only one "expert" for each piece of evidence. Each piece of evidence also needs different expertise from an agent to unlock more information and right now we only have two agents and their work is done. I'll include the new information on the end of week summary. We have one more thing to unlock and we're running out of time to obtain it.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Have stan defend the village. The bandits have been unusually quiet of late. I fear this might be the beginnings of something larger as the battle approaches.

Have Alena finish Babushka. I can't believe things got so out of hand! If only there had been some way for us to have known that ignoring the child eating witch would have consequences! But truly, none of us could have foreseen this tragedy.

A fortune teller! Pay her immediately! That is exactly the sort of talent we should have on our payroll. With her on our side, we could have forseen that tragedy!

Invite Via lyt and see if she learned anything making her prisoner's skin tone match her name.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

We are on the precipice of war, and these opportunistic bandits are terrorizing our citizens! Stan must deal with this posthaste!

Two of the three fey horsemen neutralized, huzzah! Although the descriptions of these beings sound suspiciously like effects of Oracle Dust... maybe I should investigate myself? At any rate, please send Alena to Belka and finish this once and for all!

A fortune teller indeed! I can read the cards myself... her Justice would be to lock the hustler in The Tower! Send the "seer" away emptyhanded, we are far too busy for such trivialities.

At least the investigation is proceeding well, Lady Lena's information might prove useful. But our coffers could use some gold for the upcoming battle. Send for Lord Grego and sell more of our artwork. If we survive the war with the Radovian scourge then we can commission all sorts of paintings!

Finally, I would like to once again ask we consider using supplies for a carnival! The people need something to bring them happiness in these trying times!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

It's been a few days since the last vote so I'm closing it now.

Fortune Teller
Pay - 1
Don't Pay - 5

Alena
Belka - 7

Stan
Help Village - 7

Invite
Via Lyt - 6
Grego - 1

Upgrades
Carnival - 1

Edit: I forgot to answer this question.

jkq posted:

Was anything the fortune teller said, as vague as it all was, anything that we can verify as being true? I don't suppose we can ask her to come back in a few weeks?

This is just a one-off, we either pay her or we don't.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jan 4, 2024

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (47) Week Twenty-Four Summary

Welcome back! I hope that you all had a pleasant break. I won't keep you all here too much longer so we will begin with discussing the situation with the bandits.

Slaan: Have the witch deal with the last village and Stan can go help these bloody PEASANT farmers. They can't pay taxes if their mine the King's Gold was stolen by the bandits.

sb hermit: Send Stan to assist the village under assault.

Black Robe: Send Stan to fight the bandits

jkq: Send Stan to help the village, we need to protect our citizens.

FoolyCharged: Have stan defend the village. The bandits have been unusually quiet of late. I fear this might be the beginnings of something larger as the battle approaches.

Bregor: We are on the precipice of war, and these opportunistic bandits are terrorizing our citizens! Stan must deal with this posthaste!

I appreciate all of your noble intentions, even if all of them aren't entirely altruistic. We will continue on with the thoughts of being charitable by discussing what we should do about the fortune teller.

Black Robe: Tell the fortune teller to sod off

FoolyCharged: A fortune teller! Pay her immediately! That is exactly the sort of talent we should have on our payroll. With her on our side, we could have forseen that tragedy!

Bregor: A fortune teller indeed! I can read the cards myself... her Justice would be to lock the hustler in The Tower! Send the "seer" away emptyhanded, we are far too busy for such trivialities.

jkq: Was anything the fortune teller said, as vague as it all was, anything that we can verify as being true? I don't suppose we can ask her to come back in a few weeks? If we haven't been able to verify or prove anything she said is true, then send her away. As she said, if she hasn't said any truths, we don't need to pay.

Slaan: Throw the charlatan out! how dare this PEASANT dare to profane this court with her drivel?! And maybe then I can entice her to come "read my future" later...

I will inform the King to send her away empty-handed. Alena is currently waiting patiently for her next order, whereabouts shall we send her this week?

Bregor: Two of the three fey horsemen neutralized, huzzah! Although the descriptions of these beings sound suspiciously like effects of Oracle Dust... maybe I should investigate myself? At any rate, please send Alena to Belka and finish this once and for all!

jkq: Send Alena to Belka, let's finish dealing with the Babushka incident.

FoolyCharged: Have Alena finish Babushka. I can't believe things got so out of hand! If only there had been some way for us to have known that ignoring the child eating witch would have consequences! But truly, none of us could have foreseen this tragedy.

Black Robe: Send Alena to Belka

sb hermit: If possible, send Alena to investigate Belka.

I hope that we never hear the name Babushka again after Alena's report next week. I have every faith in her that she will handle this successfully. As usual, our last order of business is to discuss who to invite to court next week.

FoolyCharged: Invite Via lyt and see if she learned anything making her prisoner's skin tone match her name.

sb hermit: Send for Via Lyt, see what she has to say.

jkq: Invite Via Lyt, and see if she's heard anything new from torturing the Radovian prisoner the rumor mill.

Bregor: At least the investigation is proceeding well, Lady Lena's information might prove useful. But our coffers could use some gold for the upcoming battle. Send for Lord Grego and sell more of our artwork. If we survive the war with the Radovian scourge then we can commission all sorts of paintings!

Slaan: Invite Via Lyt for be questions

Black Robe: Invite Via Lyt to talk about the investigation

I will send a message to Via Lyt tonight. I believe that we are done here?

Bregor: I would like to once again ask we consider using supplies for a carnival! The people need something to bring them happiness in these trying times!

Does anyone else agree with this? We will always keep the option for upgrades open but we will pass on the Carnival for the moment. Maybe once we do open it we can invite the fortune teller back. Thank you all for your time, the meeting is now at a close.

Thank you for your patience. You did right by coming to me. A General will head your way immediately. These scum will pay for what they've done. You have my word.

Thank you, Your Grace. We knew we could count on you. I'd better go back home quick. Barricade the doors and wait for everything to end...

What you said was false. This doesn't match my situation. Which means I don't need to pay...

I see... It matches perfectly, My Grace. I saw everything very clear.

I'm not going to pay for some stories. Try it somewhere else...

That is a great shame, My Grace... I can now see where all the darkness comes from. It's very clear.

End of Week Twenty-Four!

Inventory

Investigation

Archives

Investigation

Allies for Life

Fortune Teller

Bandits Threaten a Village

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 6, 2024

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
It looks like you left out my vote for Stan. As far as I can tell, the vote was counted properly, I just didn't get to "say" anything in the council meeting.

jkq posted:

Welcome back! I hope that you all had a pleasant break. I won't keep you all here too much longer so we will begin with discussing the situation with the bandits.

Slaan: Have the witch deal with the last village and Stan can go help these bloody PEASANT farmers. They can't pay taxes if their mine the King's Gold was stolen by the bandits.

sb hermit: Send Stan to assist the village under assault.

FoolyCharged: Have stan defend the village. The bandits have been unusually quiet of late. I fear this might be the beginnings of something larger as the battle approaches.

Bregor: We are on the precipice of war, and these opportunistic bandits are terrorizing our citizens! Stan must deal with this posthaste!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

jkq posted:

It looks like you left out my vote for Stan. As far as I can tell, the vote was counted properly, I just didn't get to "say" anything in the council meeting.

Sorry about that, I've added you now.

I'm working seven days straight at the moment because they've changed my rota for the christmas period. I'm hoping I'll have time to work on the next update over the next couple of days but it will most likely happen on Tuesday.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Sorry about that, I've added you now.

No problem, thanks for adding me back in.

I'm working seven days straight at the moment because they've changed my rota for the christmas period. I'm hoping I'll have time to work on the next update over the next couple of days but it will most likely happen on Tuesday.

Ouch. Make sure you take care of yourself and don't burn out!

... Having said that, you missed my name in the edit. ;)

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

jkq posted:

No problem, thanks for adding me back in.

Ouch. Make sure you take care of yourself and don't burn out!

... Having said that, you missed my name in the edit. ;)

I've fixed it now. I appreciate you taking the time to help with fixing any errors. I was a little distracted with some matters that are probably best left for the E\N forum. I'm going to start work on the next update shortly but I'm not sure how much I'm going to get done as I'm putting my sobriety on pause for tonight.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Just don't sit on any hedgehogs.

RIP the stabber.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

FoolyCharged posted:

Just don't sit on any hedgehogs.

RIP the stabber.

From the way things looked last night it appeared that someone already had done.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (48) Yer Branker

Your Grace, I'm back from Belka. I must say, something very strange is happening. It was covered in snow when I arrived. But when I dealt with the man on the white horse, all the frost just melted! I'm not sure what that was about, but it seems like whatever I did helped.

Thank you. Hopefully this won't happen again.

Yer Grace.

I ain't ever been to Branker. It looks pretty nasty though.

That will be all for now.

Ay, yer Grace.

Your Grace, a strong gale has descended on our village. There are no casualties yet, but the gale keeps coming and getting stronger! Our homes have suffered much damage already! I ran to you as quick as I could. Can we count on your help?

I need to speak to my advisor to see if there is any way that we can help you. Be so kind to wait in the lobby and we will call you back in shortly.

Your Grace, Your Grace! They are after me! Please help! I have a little bakery on the market. I make cakes and the like. Pretty good ones too! I also run a little additional business, on the side... Folks call it Oracle Dust. It can help you see the future, they say. Everything was going well... until local crooks came along and... Started demanding more and more Dust. They threatened me when I refused. They told me they would take my little girl if I don't bring them more! I don't know what to do about them, Your Grace. I have no gold to buy more Dust, nor I want to have anything to do with it anymore. All I wanted was to make some extra coin...

Oracle Dust you say? Please wait in the lobby while I speak to my advisor. Don't move too far away from the guards.

Council Meeting

Welcome to the twenty-fifth weekly council meeting. We have had another quiet day in court but there are a couple of interesting issues that we need to deal with. The first involves more strange weather phenomena in another village, there seems to be a gale that is growing ever stronger and is showing no signs of stopping. There has been extensive damage to many of the buildings and they need our help. Stan isn't available right now as we could have sent him and his team to help them rebuild. We could send Alena, who may be able to work some of her magic to stop the gale. Alternatively, we could give the peasants 25 suppplies to help them repair and rebuild. Of course, we can just tell him to bugger off.

It seems like we haven't quite gotten rid of the Oracle Dust problem from Grevno just yet. A baker from the market has been selling this narcotic on his own premises and is now in trouble with one of the local gangs. This gang is threatening to take away his daughter if he doesn't pay them what he owes them. The King was prepared to throw him in jail until I reminded him that we would be needing the services of every skilled worker in the city if the Radovians decided to put Grevno under siege. We aren't able to send Stan to clear up this mess, unfortunately. We could give him 25 gold to help cover his debts though. Or we could also tell him to bugger off.

Map

We still have many villages to explore if you decide that Alena's time is better spent elsewhere.

Davern (North)

Davern (South)

Allies

We still have business to discuss with a couple of the nobles.

Jovan - We can speak to him about the magical phenomenon.

That is all for now. We will take a short recess and then we will discuss your thoughts.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jan 8, 2024

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Alena can take care of the gale.

And Stan should be able to sort out the Oracle Dust incident, but only because it's more humane than telling the man to go away.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jan 10, 2024

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Send Alena to take care of the gale, maybe she can find a way to stop the winds.

Send Stan to deal with the baker and the gangs. Someone needs to make sure he doesn't resume selling dust afterwards, too. Too bad Stan's busy. Tell him to go away, he'll need to solve his own problems. Or maybe he can talk to that guy that claimed he was helping all the people the King turned away.

Invite Jovan so that we can ask about the magical phenomenon.

jkq fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jan 8, 2024

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

As much fun as it would be to see Stan swinging his sword at it, let's send Alena to deal with the gale. Perhaps she can stop it before too much damage is done that will need repairs.

Send Stan to bust up the gangs seeking oracle dust. This stuff is a nuisance of the first order. I do wish we could just arrest this drug dealing fool instead, but at least this way we break up some of the gang involvement in the trade.

I suppose if Stan I too busy to bust up thesr gangs operating on our lands, and jailing this cretin is out of the question, the best we can do is tell the drug dealer to sod off. No, we're not going to finance your drug dealing. Especially when you insult us by not even offering a cut.

Might as well invite Jovan. There's not really much else to do on that front right now.

E: edited for lack of Stan this week.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jan 8, 2024

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Isn’t General Stan still out on his previous mission? The first screenshot seems to indicate he’s away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Bregor posted:

Isn’t General Stan still out on his previous mission? The first screenshot seems to indicate he’s away.

:doh: Sorry about that. Yes Stan is still away. I'll need to do some editing.