Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Hargrimm posted:

I'm not fond of the current era of Big Dog Woof Woof Travis McElroy because every time Justin tries to set up a bit by putting a spin on the intros, Travis just ignores it to do his same Trav Nation thing again.

If there's one thing that Travis does it's commit to a bit, regardless of whether anyone (including himself) is enjoying it any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Hargrimm posted:

I'm not fond of the current era of Big Dog Woof Woof Travis McElroy because every time Justin tries

fake news

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxTgwsSBvQs

The McElroys are bad people and you should never work with them

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

loving disgusting. Who eats olive loaf?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

It pairs pretty well with salami, provolone, and pickles, on a nice crunchy bread.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

I really like the new TAZ campaign so far. Clint having backup games like the improv prompts for his players is nice after listening to so many APs where the interactions are just awkward dialogue that segue into sudden movement.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

I really like the new TAZ campaign so far. Clint having backup games like the improv prompts for his players is nice after listening to so many APs where the interactions are just awkward dialogue that segue into sudden movement.

Yeah Clint is a good DM RN

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Candlenights report:

Worth the price of admission entirely due to revenge of Roll for Sandwich. Each of the boys has to roll to make their dessert, and Travis made something delicious and Justin and Griff are absolutely loving miserable.

Five loving stars

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
A little tribute to Jimmy Buffett at the end, which was sweet, and then as credits roll you got more family videos of the McElroys at the beach and at the pool.

This year it felt a lot more concise, and it was better for it.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Shinjobi posted:

Justin and Griff are absolutely loving miserable.

No way

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Griffin rolled for jello, with raisins, salt and gold leaf. He did not make his own jello, he hates raisins, so he just kinda fingered raisins physically into a jello cup and then tried to keep the mess together by wrapping it in gold leaf.

Justin...well, Justin rolled for a delicious treat. He just had to dip it in the toilet.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Think I have to tap out on the Wonka stuff

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I'm here to tell you all that the Wonka movie is a delight. And if acting in it was a crown of thorns for Hugh Grant, then it all paid off because his performance is very funny.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I can't believe Travis said batman instead of the flash. I hope someone really pays for that blunder.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

That was a pretty clean "SHUT THE gently caress UP, TRAVIS!". Useful.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sankis posted:

I can't believe Travis said batman instead of the flash. I hope someone really pays for that blunder.

He hosed up, and he should apologize for it

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The only thing that got me excited for Wonka was the mbmbam coverage.

The reviews sound like Tim Chal did the best he could with the script, but it just didn't give him any depth. As if there was no sense that this Wonka guy might be a greedy psychopathic killer.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Is there a scene in it where they explain why the oompa loompa slavery isn't really slavery

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I’m so loving bummed Paul King decided to do Wonka instead of Paddington 3. We really are on the shittiest timeline

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The crash bandicoot stream rules. I’m partial to those games because they were like some of the first ones I ever owned but this most recent one is getting into the more difficult levels and it’s delicious

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Outre Space is a lot of fun when you get used to it. Griffin tried to escape the dog collar he chose to wear for the campaign and his party was not having it.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Outre Space finale was a bit of an anti-climax, sadly. Clint's good at bits and cute setpieces but the plot just stopped existing at the end there.

Gabe Hicks as Miles Morales was great though, and Kate Welch as Hawkeye too. Worth it for that, I really enjoyed what they brought to the table.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The brothers have gotten together and watched Wonka

Expect one more segment about it I guess, but the Wonka watch should finally be over soon

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Did they ever watch the War with Grandpa?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Android Blues posted:

Outre Space finale was a bit of an anti-climax, sadly. Clint's good at bits and cute setpieces but the plot just stopped existing at the end there.

Gabe Hicks as Miles Morales was great though, and Kate Welch as Hawkeye too. Worth it for that, I really enjoyed what they brought to the table.

A McElroy actual play podcast ending badly with a bad plot? Weird!

Shinjobi posted:

Expect one more segment about it I guess, but the Wonka watch should finally be over soon

A mildly funny at best recurring bit gets run into the ground and finally, mercifully gets cut off weeks past its sell-by date? Double weird!

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Fil5000 posted:

Yes, Griffin was a guest on the Flop House episode where they covered it

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Fil5000 posted:

oh boy did Griffin ever

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

change my name posted:

Yes, Griffin was a guest on the Flop House episode where they covered it

I have somehow missed that and I bloody love the Flop House. Thank you.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

Why would I want it to end?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Death Wonka every Christmas, please.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Didn’t Travis not watch War With Grandpa even after all the buildup and bits they did about it and get royally chewed out by Justin and Griffin? Or was that Man vs Bee or whatever?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That was Man vs Bee, and honestly it made the whole thing funnier

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

That was Man vs Bee, and honestly it made the whole thing funnier

The funniest thing was how furious Griffin was. I think Justin watched the first episode, Griffin was the only one to watch the whole thing.

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
I was watching Mel Tormé sing The Christmas Song on YouTube and I gotta say...does this guy look like a McElroy or what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjWQmtgxbMU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
there's a movie where he plays the heavy... Girls Town, 1959. there's an MST3K with it

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Merry Cronchmas!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Fil5000 posted:

I have somehow missed that and I bloody love the Flop House. Thank you.

Griffin "dirty grandpa dick" McElroy

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Android Blues posted:

It’s over already? I didn’t realize it was a temp
thing. In the next campaign them going back to ethersea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Another year, another statement:

Besties bad