Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

mcmagic posted:

Tepper needs a coach with clout, not a first timer.

:lol: That's what you think Tepper needs. Tepper is going to think he needs someone who'll shut the gently caress up and do what they're told.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Tepper might have half a mind to coach the team himself

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

You never know he might be on the Epstein client list and forced to sell the team

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Fire Dennis allen

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Dennis Allen is the most interim looking rear end coach i've ever seen, how has he been an actual coach for a couple years now

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

epic bacon posted:

Dennis Allen is the most interim looking rear end coach i've ever seen, how has he been an actual coach for a couple years now

is he more interim looking than matt "the henchman" eberflus

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

they should both be facing off against each other right now in a USFL championship game

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

epic bacon posted:

seriously. i think that's his job: be so resolutely interim-looking that the mind just glides over him, certain that he's just here for year. he will actually be the saints hc forever.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

BlindSite posted:

You never know he might be on the Epstein client list and forced to sell the team

We're five years in with a first round QB and this is where Panthers fans are :ohno:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Docjowles posted:

We're five years in with a first round QB and this is where Panthers fans are :ohno:

I am keeping the faith with Bryce despite the mounting evidence to the contrary but barring Tomlin, Billy 5 aces or Harbaugh being hired and then shortly after cucking and knocking tepper the gently caress out to establish his place as the Alpha I have no hope regarding his hires.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

BlindSite posted:

Lol, it's going to be a bigger question of what franchise owners aren't on that list though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

BlindSite posted:

WOODY WOODY WOODY WOODY

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Russini has some nuggets. Tepper will be going all out for Ben Johnson again. Doesn’t have much interest in Harbaugh.

Saleh expects to be safe but she sees a scenario where the team looks unprepared and Woody pulls the cord. Also Tomlin is most likely back but a trade is also a possibility.

quote:

Tomlin’s contract expires in 2024, and it’s well known the Steelers organization won’t engage in extension talks with players or coaches during the season. So we wait and see. There has been chatter that perhaps the Steelers would consider trading Tomlin to Washington, Chicago or even Carolina to get back some picks. I think that’s a move the Jets should consider if they aren’t sold on their current staff, but I also know the Steelers understand the value of Tomlin in their city.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
We'll take him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I think Tomlin is a MASSIVELY overrated coach. I want Harbaugh for the Jets but if this is the way we get rid of Douglas and Saleh I'm all for it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

You're getting Vrabel

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

mcmagic posted:

You're getting Vrabel

Titans would be very stupid to fire him.

Also he just won a power struggle last year so I don't think he's going anywhere.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

can't wait to trade for Tomlin and then fire him when we start 3-6 in year 2

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The duality of Tomlin is that his staff and his QB's are complete dogshit every year and he still wins 10 games every year lol

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

mcmagic posted:

I think Tomlin is a MASSIVELY overrated coach.

mcmagic posted:

The duality of Tomlin is that his staff and his QB's are complete dogshit every year and he still wins 10 games every year lol

Hmm...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Tomlin is a great coach you weiners

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

The ability to hold two conflicting thoughts is a sign of great intelligence

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i could see tomlin winning 9-11 games every year until the end of his career and never seeing a championship game again so mcmagic isn't wrong

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Mile Tomlin seems destined to flame out suddenly with 5-12 season and then go somewhere else and win a championship much like Andy Reid and the Chiefs.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tomlin's doing better than Bill is (and Reid and Marvin did) where they at least had clearly bad year record-wise justifying the plug being pulled

Pittsburgh's not pulling a Cincinnati where they'll get rid of Marvin and immediately luck into better with a good QB. If they want to get rid of Tomlin, by all means, but that's not ending the way the fans clearly think it will

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Tomlin lost to Belichick in the playoffs like it was his job year after year despite having far superior rosters.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

mcmagic posted:

Tomlin lost to Belichick in the playoffs like it was his job year after year despite having far superior rosters.

So he made the playoffs year after year

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

a neat cape posted:

So he made the playoffs year after year

Yeah with a roster full of hall of famers. I said there is a duality to his record. I also said I'd far prefer him as Jets coach to their current set up.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If that's what you'd like to call that roster any of the last three years, then you deserve the coach you get in New York post-Saleh as much as the Pittsburgh fans will. You'd kill to get this many wins this consistently, and they won't see it again anytime soon

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Take all but four coaches currently in the league and give them Pickett/Trubisky/Rudolph QB room. 7 wins total? Doubtful. 7 wins by this time in a year/with just under a full month left of games? Laughable. Wouldn't happen

You've got people right now that can't manage that with QBs like Herbert

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Titans would be very stupid to fire him.

Also he just won a power struggle last year so I don't think he's going anywhere.

I could see ownership trading him to the Pats for next year's first and this year's third or something like that. Vrabel can be a good motivator and is usually solid at game day decisions (though he also makes the occasional blunder), but also likes to hire his friends as coaches who are mostly meh at their jobs, and he keeps them around too long even when they're not accomplishing poo poo.

He might fare better in New England, but some Titans fans are getting a little tired of him, though he's far from the hot seat this year since a lot of the team's problems are mostly due to the bad job the last GM did with finding good offensive personnel (and getting rid of one of our best players on top of that).

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

If that's what you'd like to call that roster any of the last three years, then you deserve the coach you get in New York post-Saleh as much as the Pittsburgh fans will. You'd kill to get this many wins this consistently, and they won't see it again anytime soon

I'm talking about his prime steelers teams man though even recently he has had pretty good rosters and has hosed up QB almost as badly as the Jets have. It's not 100% the GM's fault that they haven't fixed QB. He has a lot of power there.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Parallax posted:

i could see tomlin winning 9-11

Sounds like a great choice for the Bills

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

mcmagic posted:

I'm talking about his prime steelers teams man though even recently he has had pretty good rosters and has hosed up QB almost as badly as the Jets have. It's not 100% the GM's fault that they haven't fixed QB. He has a lot of power there.

Those prime steelers teams, the guys that got them there were guys he coached up. Just like you can't blame all the downsides of the roster on the GM due to his control, you can't lay all the cred for those rosters at the GM's feet because Tomlin and his staff are involved in the personnel selection and responsible for developing them.

I think a fair criticism of Tomlin as a head coach is that his teams seemed underprepared for big moments and sputtered out when it mattered but to the people drawing comparisons with Andy Reid that's like exactly what people used to say about him as well lol. Tomlin is a great but not perfect coach and there's a good chance that a change of scenery might do for him what it did for Reid.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Phobeste posted:

Those prime steelers teams, the guys that got them there were guys he coached up. Just like you can't blame all the downsides of the roster on the GM due to his control, you can't lay all the cred for those rosters at the GM's feet because Tomlin and his staff are involved in the personnel selection and responsible for developing them.

I think a fair criticism of Tomlin as a head coach is that his teams seemed underprepared for big moments and sputtered out when it mattered but to the people drawing comparisons with Andy Reid that's like exactly what people used to say about him as well lol. Tomlin is a great but not perfect coach and there's a good chance that a change of scenery might do for him what it did for Reid.

Preferably his change of scenery is in the NFC.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Flikken posted:

Preferably his change of scenery is in the NFC.

I feel like if he did leave after this year, there's no way Kraft wouldn't make every possible effort to bring him to New England. Gotta fill Belichick's shoes with someone who has half a chance of doing it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Black Lighter posted:

I feel like if he did leave after this year, there's no way Kraft wouldn't make every possible effort to bring him to New England. Gotta fill Belichick's shoes with someone who has half a chance of doing it.

I don't think Tomlin would be a good fit there at all. They are going after Vrabel.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

have we considered gently caress tomlin and his dirty players

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Does Tomlin run Erhardt-Perkins? I thought I remembered reading that once. That would definitely make the transition to the Pats easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mcmagic posted:

this man was born to coach the chicago bears