Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I mean, I can't tell what they're saying without the subtitles, but assuming you were talking about this one it was mostly just the standard collection of quick cuts of character faces with little context. Not really spoilery, but nothing noteworthy enough content wise to bother clicking through and risking spoiling yourself I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Its just a pretty normal trailer :confused: watch the trailer if you're loving frieren and want a taste of the upcoming arc. Don't watch it if you're a weirdo who doesnt want to even know what any future characters look like.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Yeah it wouldn't be very clear to a person that hasn't read the manga what's going on there, particularly if you can't understand japanese

Biggest takeaway for me is I think I heard at least one new evan call song in there that sounds pretty sick. also the new OP which is still a bit of a mismatch with the rest of the show but that's fine

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

sharkmafia posted:

Yeah it wouldn't be very clear to a person that hasn't read the manga what's going on there, particularly if you can't understand japanese

Biggest takeaway for me is I think I heard at least one new evan call song in there that sounds pretty sick. also the new OP which is still a bit of a mismatch with the rest of the show but that's fine

People tend to freak out about "spoilers" in trailers and openings when it really doesn't for someone who doesn't know the source material. If anything, them calling attention to it makes it more likely to be a spoiler rather than just a cool montage.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
extremely minor spoilers (nothing about what actually happens): The upcoming arc is very similar to demon arc in that that it's far more actiony and less slice-of-life, so people who enjoy frieren primary for the latter tend to dislike it, but, unlike demon arc, I enjoyed it a whole lot. It introduces a lot of interesting characters that will continue to pop up once in a while afterwards and significantly expands magic, both in terms of mechanics and in terms of culture and history which I always thought was neat.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Dec 22, 2023

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
And rather then debating if demons should be shot on site, we can debate the difference between tournament arcs and exam arcs in all its fine minutiae.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Within the first 10 seconds you find out Sein leaves the party (yes, I know it's reasonably obvious at the end of today's episode), so yeah, I'd say that's something to wait to see.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Lt. Lizard posted:

extremely minor spoilers (nothing about what actually happens): The upcoming arc is very similar to demon arc in that that it's far more actiony and less slice-of-life, so people who enjoy frieren primary for the latter tend to dislike it, but, unlike demon arc, I enjoyed it a whole lot. It introduces a lot of interesting characters that will continue to pop up once in a while afterwards and significantly expands magic, both in terms of mechanics and in terms of culture and history which I always thought was neat.

e; okay fine GEEZ

sharkmafia fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 23, 2023

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Doodles posted:

Within the first 10 seconds you find out Sein leaves the party (yes, I know it's reasonably obvious at the end of today's episode), so yeah, I'd say that's something to wait to see.

I'd say the OP makes that pretty evident :v:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

my favorite magic is vegetable picking magic, very satisfying

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Don't talk about the upcoming Arc in this thread in gigantic blocks of spoiled text. There is a manga thread for you.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Really loved seeing Kraft in statue form! The weight of history and the connection to Sein and Gorilla Warrior is great

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
I like how you can see Fern and Stark got a lot closer after the dance party from their motions in the background

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I appreciate the spoiler warning for the trailer. It is not weird to not want to watch it. I almost did just to hear the new theme.

Impossible to tell if spoiler blocks are about the show or the manga

I'm only watching the show so manga folks who can't shut the gently caress up are real annoying

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 22, 2023

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Voll's line about the demon king, some of Flamme's lines from earlier episodes, Himmel not pulling the sword from the stone, and the giant coincidence of the demon king's castle being in the same place as heaven make me think the demon king isn't dead and the series will end with Frieren killing him.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I feel like the demon king secretly being alive would really undercut a lot of stuff, so I think Voll's line is more supposed to show that he is actually a bit senile at this point

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Boogalo posted:

I'm only watching the show so manga folks who can't shut the gently caress up are real annoying

As a manga reader, it's annoying to me too

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

dublish posted:

Voll's line about the demon king, some of Flamme's lines from earlier episodes, Himmel not pulling the sword from the stone, and the giant coincidence of the demon king's castle being in the same place as heaven make me think the demon king isn't dead and the series will end with Frieren killing him.

He might be dead, but not dead dead. Like magic fuckery is involved or something

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

VideoWitch posted:

I feel like the demon king secretly being alive would really undercut a lot of stuff, so I think Voll's line is more supposed to show that he is actually a bit senile at this point

Yeah I think that was supposed to be the takeaway from the visit, since they mentioned earlier that dwarves have a life expectancy of 300, and Voll is already 400, and Frieren hasn't seen him in like 80 years, so when she saw him last he was already very old even by dwarf standards.

I took the pairing of his story, and the story of the second half, to just be perspectives on memories and what they're worth to who, and for how long.

So I didn't see Voll's line about the demon king as something foreshadowing at all, but instead, took it as something sadder with that he's gotten so old that he can't remember anything past a certain point, and what he did remember prior to that is slipping away, and that he's kind of resigned himself to the fact that he'll die at some point without some of the memories he previously cherished.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I did laugh at the idea that Himmel was just constantly taking sidequests.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

muscles like this! posted:

I did laugh at the idea that Himmel was just constantly taking sidequests.

Spending 10 years doing side quests and unintentionally getting to end boss extremely over leveled.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Demon king probably isekai’d into modern Japan and now works at mcdonalds

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

The real demon king was the friends we made along the way <3

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Is there going to be a coir break or are they doing it non-stop?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Spookydonut posted:

Is there going to be a coir break or are they doing it non-stop?

I don't think we get a new episode next week, but other than that it'll be continuous.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

There's a 'cour break' but its literally just a week, next week

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I'm anime only. And I'm still waiting for other tiny elf with creepy smile sitting on the (Demon Lord's?) throne to pop up. :colbert:

The final boss is obviously going to be an elf that went Drow-evil on us.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Am I right in assuming that like the first season, the second season is already in the can and just has to air so that there's no crunch or rushing to put stuff out?

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

AlternateNu posted:

I'm anime only. And I'm still waiting for other tiny elf with creepy smile sitting on the (Demon Lord's?) throne to pop up. :colbert:

The final boss is obviously going to be an elf that went Drow-evil on us.

The twist is that character never shows up and nobody has any idea who they are. It was a practical joke by the animators

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Voll forgot his wife so much that she animated at 60 fps

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Voll forgot his wife so much that she animated at 60 fps

That was weird as hell. Freelance animated on 1s?

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Every week I am excited for Frieren Friday and then Frieren Friday rolls around and I watch an episode of Frieren and I have a wonderful Friday. Big fan over here. Sad to see Sein go, though

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

pork never goes bad posted:

Every week I am excited for Frieren Friday and then Frieren Friday rolls around and I watch an episode of Frieren and I have a wonderful Friday. Big fan over here. Sad to see Sein go, though

Next week there will only be dread, desolation snd despair as there is no Frieren Friday while the year is making it's last nervous pleas before it will accept death on the next day.

But from death, new life emerges and Frieren will return in 2024.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

cant cook creole bream posted:

Next week there will only be dread, desolation snd despair as there is no Frieren Friday while the year is making it's last nervous pleas before it will accept death on the next day.

Frieren: Ignore the old year's pleas, they evolved them to deceive you.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
apropos of nothing, i really love that "where are we going, anyway?" (extremely frieren deadpan) "heaven." exchange in ep7

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Speaking purely as an anime-only and a watcher of this episode, I really dug them showing the statue. It's a good capstone to an episode, and indeed a show, about memory.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

nothing about what actually happens *talks about exactly what happens*

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
So, based on the spoiler, what exactly happens?

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

So, based on the spoiler, what exactly happens?
you lay out everything to expect from the arc in the second sentence lol. i know its not severe, the contradiction is just funny.
personally im so easily influenced that for me any spoiler will completely mentally hijack every moment while im mid watching it. i never read reviews and i throw my hands over my eyes if the plot summary section of a wiki article is too close to the opening paragraph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

sockpuppetclock posted:

you lay out everything to expect from the arc in the second sentence lol. i know its not severe, the contradiction is just funny.
personally im so easily influenced that for me any spoiler will completely mentally hijack every moment while im mid watching it. i never read reviews and i throw my hands over my eyes if the plot summary section of a wiki article is too close to the opening paragraph

So what specifically happens in the arc?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)