Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Mega64 posted:

My prediction is the Bears go with MHJ to complement Justin Fields and DJ Moore, barring a king's ransom of picks as trade bait.

Personally I'm hoping my team trades up to grab one of the top two LT candidates, because drat the cost, we need a functioning OL.

it is very difficult to see the bears not moving on from fields because they want to break my heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Mega64 posted:

My prediction is the Bears go with MHJ to complement Justin Fields and DJ Moore, barring a king's ransom of picks as trade bait.

Personally I'm hoping my team trades up to grab one of the top two LT candidates, because drat the cost, we need a functioning OL.

Maybe we can get someone to nab on Ryan Tannehill.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Mega64 posted:

Titans, which will probably end up around 8-10ish. Out of reach of the top two LTs and MHJ, but could still go with another offensive option as consolation, as WR is another big need.

I actually think you'd still be in range for one of the OTs there altho it'll be close

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I actually think you'd still be in range for one of the OTs there altho it'll be close

Hmm maybe. Obviously it’s still super early but let’s see how many prospects could go before #8 and before both OTs go…

2 QBs for sure (Caleb and Drake)
1 WR for sure (MHJ)
So 3 players which takes us to pick number 4.

Then maybe:
1 QB (J Daniels)
1 EDGE (Latu)
2 WRs (LSU and UW)
1 TE (Georgia)

That brings us to 8 players and so to pick 9.

Idk if I’m a team picking in the top 8, holding everything else equal, I’m taking LT Olu over someone like EDGE Latu…

…but one of the two LTs getting to ~9 isn’t as impossible as I initially thought. Even if I think it is unlikely.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I can’t imagine a scenario where the Jets are picking top 5 and not taking OT1/2.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
If you're picking in the top 10 and draft a TE you should fire your GM.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
There's a good chance it wouldn't be a reach to take OT3 in the 8-10 range. Seen various draft guys who seem super high on Latham, Fuaga and Mims in particular

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Who's this year's meat cube extroardinaire? Where my beef boi at :btroll:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Diva Cupcake posted:

I can’t imagine a scenario where the Jets are picking top 5 and not taking OT1/2.

I agree. And heck looking at the teams in contention for top 8 picks, it seems like most teams would love a LT.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I agree. And heck looking at the teams in contention for top 8 picks, it seems like most teams would love a LT.
Plus, hitting on a franchise tackle is definitely a big boost to any offense. It just makes everything so much easier.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Nervous posted:

Who's this year's meat cube extroardinaire? Where my beef boi at :btroll:

You want Texas NT T'Vondre Sweat. 6'4", 340. A big chunky dude

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Get the gently caress out of here with that 6'4'' stuff. Give me a Michael Pierce, 6'0" 345.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

MikeCrotch posted:

You want Texas NT T'Vondre Sweat. 6'4", 340. A big chunky dude

Magnificent. His thighs are the size of a small child.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nervous posted:

This is after they threw him a touchdown pass in the Big 12 Championship game.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Is Desmond Watson staying for his senior year? He isn't one of those imitation beefy boys, he's the real deal at 6-5 435.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Nervous posted:

omg :love:

Henchman of Santa posted:

This is after they threw him a touchdown pass in the Big 12 Championship game.

OMG :swoon:

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Rectal Placenta posted:

Is Desmond Watson staying for his senior year? He isn't one of those imitation beefy boys, he's the real deal at 6-5 435.

There’s absolutely no shot that dude is getting picked highly enough that he should be leaving. Nose already is a weird position to value, but he’s a guy where like….i actively cannot believe they’re fine with him playing that big.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Tell me more about WRs since I feel Adams will leave the Raiders for greener pastures. MHJ is def out of reach but I like the UW WRs from what I've seen of college ball.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm wanting the widest guy possible too. or at least the second widest

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

so i've seen it here and a few others places that caleb holds the ball too long. any idea why he does this? is he a slow play reader? is he overthinking his reads? are his wr not getting open as quickly as they should? does he have an excellent line that allows him to wait and make perfect throws? yips?

also, i don't think i heard about him doing this last season. hell, last season i'm pretty sure i read people saying he was the best qb prospects since luck. so this issue a new development? what might explain that?

sorry, i don't watch college football at all, so i really have zero clue.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

abelwingnut posted:

so i've seen it here and a few others places that caleb holds the ball too long. any idea why he does this? is he a slow play reader? is he overthinking his reads? are his wr not getting open as quickly as they should? does he have an excellent line that allows him to wait and make perfect throws? yips?

also, i don't think i heard about him doing this last season. hell, last season i'm pretty sure i read people saying he was the best qb prospects since luck. so this issue a new development? what might explain that?

he plays backyard football, for fun basically

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Tell me more about WRs since I feel Adams will leave the Raiders for greener pastures. MHJ is def out of reach but I like the UW WRs from what I've seen of college ball.

MHJ is clearly number 1 but then there are plenty of wrs who would be great selections for the Raiders.

I think at this point LSU Malik is a better overall WR prospect(2nd wr) for most schemes but UW Rome (3rd wr) is nearly as good WR prospect and also really freaking fun.

Rome is strong and big, and he knows how to use his body to shield defenders and contort for in-stride catches, and he’s handsome.

Both Malik and Rome are gonna be long gone if the raiders pick in the mid teens though :(

E: there’s less consensus about the wrs after those three so idk who the raiders would prioritize

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Dec 27, 2023

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

https://x.com/sportingnews/status/1728471568710254634?s=20

Jayden Daniels better than Joe Burrow you heard it here first

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

abelwingnut posted:

USC had one of the most dog poo poo defenses in CFB this year and there were a lot of games where if the offense didn't put up 40+, they were gonna lose automatically. So he was basically in constant homerun mode because throwing it away safely and punting meant they were doomed to lose.

So he's totally ready for the Bears experience

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Dec 27, 2023

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I would say he started holding the ball too long because he could get away with it and it frequently led to him producing home-run plays out of sequence. He continued to do it this season despite diminishing returns/more negative plays. Is that because a lot of the USC team around him stunk and he felt compelled to play heroball, or is it because he doesn't know any other way to play? If you could answer that question definitively you would be a very valuable NFL scout

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Hmm maybe. Obviously it’s still super early but let’s see how many prospects could go before #8 and before both OTs go…

2 QBs for sure (Caleb and Drake)
1 WR for sure (MHJ)
So 3 players which takes us to pick number 4.

Then maybe:
1 QB (J Daniels)
1 EDGE (Latu)
2 WRs (LSU and UW)
1 TE (Georgia)

That brings us to 8 players and so to pick 9.

Idk if I’m a team picking in the top 8, holding everything else equal, I’m taking LT Olu over someone like EDGE Latu…

…but one of the two LTs getting to ~9 isn’t as impossible as I initially thought. Even if I think it is unlikely.

i thought Verse was gonna be the first pass rusher off the board or did that change?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

i thought Verse was gonna be the first pass rusher off the board or did that change?

It'll probably be Latu from UCLA

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
From what I've read no consensus top EDGE at the moment, with Latu/Turner generally seen as the top guys and Verse + Chop Robinson also in the conversation.

Latu has a claim to the best production and technique, but he might have a medical red flag (a neck injury forced him to retire at Washington in 2021 before UCLA cleared him a year later) and he isn't an athletic freak

Turner has great traits and production, but I kind of vibe that scouts have a "very good, not necessarily elite" read on him that's keeping him from being the consensus top guy and a surefire top 10 pick

Verse was the presumed top guy coming into the year, but he wasn't putting up any numbers for the first part of the year so he slid down the rankings as a result. He came on strong at the end of the year, plus I've read people say that his tape this season is better than his numbers would have you think, so between that and his strength/athleticism I wouldn't be surprised if he bubbled back up during the pre-draft process

Chop Robinson is probably the bottom of this group because he hasn't been a consistent producer, but he's shown elite flashes and is another freak athlete who might have the best speed/bend of the class

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
If Tennessee loses out they have a shot of hitting around pick 6 or so but it could be 7 or 8. Am really hoping they can swing one of the top tackle prospects but more likely they can pick between Bowers or Nabers or Odunze. They really need somebody who has good separation and acceleration because as good as Deandre Hopkins is, he’s old and is getting by with his giant hands and everything. Personally I want no part of Bowers, are Odunze or Nabers notably better at getting open fast?

Really have my heart set on Troy Franklin tbh

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I don't know how Verse got so much hype, even last year before he declared he was going back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4CWzIJ2Fck

I think he has serious trouble reading run lanes and keeping his gap. I don't think he's bad, he's just a crash only DE at the moment. I think that's concerning for a 5th year senior. He's got a good bullrush and uses his hands well. He can definitely get to a spot off the snap fast and deliver a good pop. He's also going to test through the charts at the combine. FSU had him dropping into coverage and he looked fine as a zone LB. He's got short T-Rex arms for his size which makes him have to get closer to defenders. You see it when he's trying to work Graham Barton (another potential first rounder in that clip). He's got to get right up inside him to work his pass rushing moves which is a bit of concern against guys that are more run blocking OTs than pass blocking ones. He just got stood up all game and shoved around. The rest of his team feasted that game, you can see them all getting through repeatedly in the tape, but he was kind of not enabling that if that makes sense.

I think he needs a move to OLB.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Personally I want no part of Bowers, are Odunze or Nabers notably better at getting open fast?

Nabers is the better get open/YAC guy; Odunze isn't bad at generating separation necessarily but contested catch stuff is a bigger part of his game

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Nabers runs wherever he wants to and then sons the people trying to tackle him it's a very pure, chaotic way to play football

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Bowers is going to underperform his draft status because all the best TEs are mid round large dudes that have the Mel Gibson movie power to read their QBs minds.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Doltos posted:

Nabers runs wherever he wants to and then sons the people trying to tackle him it's a very pure, chaotic way to play football

Sounds dope. Would still rather see them go for one of the top two tackles if they’re available but gently caress it if not

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Any thread draftnik thoughts on Troy Fautanu? Ravens likely need an LT to replace Stanley in 24 or 25. They also need a left guard better than free agent John Simpson. I'd love to pull a Johnathan Ogden and play Fautanu at guard as a rookie, then shift him to LT if needed to step up for the oft-injured Stanley. Does Fautanu have a possible future at LT, or does his size and play style simply prevent it?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Doltos posted:

Was Ceedee Lamb kinda like that at Oklahoma or am I remembering wrong? Maybe it was Rondale Moore.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Any thread draftnik thoughts on Troy Fautanu? Ravens likely need an LT to replace Stanley in 24 or 25. They also need a left guard better than free agent John Simpson. I'd love to pull a Johnathan Ogden and play Fautanu at guard as a rookie, then shift him to LT if needed to step up for the oft-injured Stanley. Does Fautanu have a possible future at LT, or does his size and play style simply prevent it?

He's a big RT that's probably where you want him like Darnell Wright last year. More drive than him but similar edge setting.

wandler20 posted:

Was Ceedee Lamb kinda like that at Oklahoma or am I remembering wrong? Maybe it was Rondale Moore.

Lamb was an all around WR and more like Justin Jefferson in college. Moore was definitely a free lancer and still is.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Doltos posted:

He's a big RT that's probably where you want him like Darnell Wright last year. More drive than him but similar edge setting.

Big? Fautanu is a bit undersized at 6'4" 317, right?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Big? Fautanu is a bit undersized at 6'4" 317, right?

Omg my bad I was thinking about Taliese Fuaga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

no harm, no foul. *smiles warmly* sociology and business majors are often interchangeable in practice.