Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

There Bias Two posted:

That makes sense. Eating the worm probably kills you immediately, and she just goes on pretending to be you until she decides not to.

It's heavily inferred there's at least some kind of hive-mind deal with the green eyes on that one page before the Tournament.

We know they're still physically themselves, because her summoning is... messy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
wondering which faygo flavor is closest to royalty

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's heavily inferred there's at least some kind of hive-mind deal with the green eyes on that one page before the Tournament.

We know they're still physically themselves, because her summoning is... messy.

Gog-Agog is at the least some sort of distributed intelligence. It seems like her attention is at times focused on specific places and maybe a specific body more than others - it doesn't seem like everyone who has been wormed has an equal presence or power, for example. But there isn't any indication there is any specific or key worm, the entity is able to shift seamlessly between any worm and apparently either use the powers of a Key or inherent worm ability to rapidly generate more worms wherever some are. You'd have to murder every worm to gill Gog, and as soon as you started she'd be able to make and distribute more worms, so you have to outpace her.

It seems like people who have just 'eaten the worm' get some sort of introductory link to the whole that gives them changes, maybe some power, maybe just euphoria, but aren't necessarily immediately consumed.

I'm assuming that these guys are fully Gogged just because the speech text is green.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Pyrus Malus posted:

This very question proves you will never achieve it

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013
The way I interpret it the original people have been straight up devoured and a pile of worms is imitating their form because Gog desperately wants to be human, and happy, but can't begin to understand how so she just tries to copy what it looks like from the outside.

Keen for further insight into the cosmic worm mass!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
yeah i'm pretty sure that once someone eats the worm then that person is gone, all that's left is gog-agog acting as them. all the demiurges have some kind of nasty existential irony and that's hers - she's a consummate entertainer who spends all her time and energy imitating humanity (her "carousel passions" as jagganoth calls them) but she's only capable of relating to herself

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Pyrus Malus posted:

Royalty is a continuous whooping motion.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Trying to do some quick napkin math here and, just wondering, how many demons does Gog-Agog count as?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Pyrus Malus posted:

Whichever one you hate the most

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Oxxidation posted:

smash smash
bang bang
don't stop
chalang-a-lang-a-lang

Smash Smash eat the worm

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

oobey posted:

Trying to do some quick napkin math here and, just wondering, how many demons does Gog-Agog count as?

None. She's just worms

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Because some people seem open to the idea of eating it, I'd guess eating the worm just slowly subsumes yourself into the hivemind. If Gog-Agog devours them from inside out, the worm-eater would probably have a sudden personality change that would raise suspicions with everyone they know. There has to be some of the original self in control of the body, an insane worm hivemind clown probably doesn't have the patience to pilot every covert worm-agent as a regular person.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Gog totally pronounced that as Revue-y didnt she

OlaOst
Oct 17, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Yisun doesn't even know what truth is.

Consider the full name of our protagonist

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

nimby posted:

There has to be some of the original self in control of the body, an insane worm hivemind clown probably doesn't have the patience to pilot every covert worm-agent as a regular person.

She says directly that if you eat the worm you become her. And there doesn't seem to be any evidence to the contrary in the comic to suggest that she was lying. At least not that we've seen so far? So it seems fair to take that at face value and assume all these people are just Gog. She's always playing some role or another, why not play them all.

Though if we were to get any info to elaborate or contradict this now will probably be the time for sure.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Dec 23, 2023

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

JuniperCake posted:

She says directly that if you eat the worm you become her. And there doesn't seem to be any evidence to the contrary in the comic to suggest that she was lying. At least not that we've seen so far? So it seems fair to take that at face value and assume all these people are just Gog. She's always playing some role or another, why not play them all.

Though if we were to get any info to elaborate or contradict this now will probably be the time for sure.

it think the effect is less you become her and she just eats you from the inside out and wears you like a cheap suit

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
We've seen repeatedly that the various Demiurges have been exactly as they are presented. Salami Dave really was the greatest punch an to ever exist Jagganoth is literally invulnerable. The Demiurges have been so far beyond consequences for so long that they don't feel a need to dissemble. Until I see evidence to the contrary, when a demiurge states that they can do something or that they are something, I'll just take it as a statement of fact, and that includes 'oops all worms!' with regard to Gog Agog.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Just in case anyone doesn't remember exactly how plainly Your Pal Gog-Agog states this:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

the alt text is literally telling the reader this is kayfabe

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Tenebrais posted:

"There's no better time for parties than the end of the world. We throw one every time!" is one of those lines that just fucks

I assume things have not gone well, generally, for the seventh of creation under gog's dominion

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mr. Lobe posted:

I assume things have not gone well, generally, for the seventh of creation under gog's dominion

You can fit a lot of worms in 111,111 universes.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gog Agog is quite literally the Leviathan.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Mr. Lobe posted:

I hear the people there all feel good, satisfied, pretty, and happy

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

FuturePastNow posted:

I hear the people there all feel good, satisfied, pretty, and happy

That's the part Gog lies about. There are no people on her worlds, just her.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

A.o.D. posted:

FuturePastNow posted:

I hear the person there feels good, satisfied, pretty, and happy

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
The fact that they're all Gog-agog is how you know it's a lie; she is definitely not happy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
People don’t throw giant parties for themselves when they’re happy.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

The fact that they're all Gog-agog is how you know it's a lie; she is definitely not happy.

I think Allison's just going to make friends with her

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I just noticed something:

We throw one "every time". That suggests Gog knows about the loop. (And also never tries to stop it.)

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 23, 2023

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

you think gog smokes weed?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Rotten Red Rod posted:

We throw one "every time". That suggests Gog knows about the loop. (And also never tries to stop it.)

Or she's just been there for a lot of individual worlds ending.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

MikeJF posted:

Or she's just been there for a lot of individual worlds ending.

"The world" has often been used colloquially to mean "all existence" in this comic, and she says "the world" and not "a world", so I'm inclined to think it's that.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I mean we know Jag is aware of the loop, I suppose it only makes sense that at least one of the other ones could figure it out.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Presumably Jadis is aware of the loops too, since complete awareness is her entire thing.

Gog's "I'll be fine" had me wondering for a long while if she hadn't survived the loops in some form, looks like this'll be adressed soon.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Or a lot of events have happened that purported themselves to be "the end of the world"

Remember when she bailed? "I'LL be fine."

Also, oldest(by a large, large margin)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

girl dick energy posted:

People don’t throw giant parties for themselves when they’re happy.

Gamemaster Anthony is one of the happiest people alive.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Mr. Lobe posted:

This have gone relatively well for the vast majority of those who live in that seventh of creation, although to be fair, the vast majority of the those who live in that seventh of creation are Gog Agog.

A.o.D. posted:

Gog Agog is a lot of people and is on her worlds, thherefore she's not lying.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Look, she's acting happy, that means she is happy. That's how it works, right?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
she contains multitudes

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I’d say she pretends multitudes.
There’s no evidence of actual disagreement or individuality between Gogs, and her whole thing is jealousy and envy and wanting people to like her, so if individual Gogs had, y’know, individuality, she’d be constantly doing internal Gogwar like a giant, upsetting Tom and Jerry cartoon.

Which is also the best way for Allison to handle her imo, cause her to become multiple people for real somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
There is some evidence of apparent Gog disagreement:

The hover text here is: Gog Agog, Gog Agog, and Gog Agog are pretty impressed, as you can see, however Gog Agog has seen this act before during the war and is not amused

Of course, the implication on the current page is that things like this are just kayfabe, so the apparent disagreement may not be real.