Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Such a massive tower being erected on what looks like just packed dirt makes me worried. I'm sure there's some kind of reinforcement under the legs, but it still looks scary.

:lol: I dunno about the tower footers sliding away, but the packed earth has a :stare: crack :stare: where they set up the crane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Square wheel is fine as long as you never need to switch hand position on it, so simply make full left and full right be only a 60 degree turn to prevent this being required.

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

There's things about this that make me feel uncomfortable, but gently caress if I don't love seeing specialty equipment doing it's job.

Also obligatory cool tag. I actually found this one by myself this time.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Drone_Fragger posted:

Square wheel is fine as long as you never need to switch hand position on it, so simply make full left and full right be only a 60 degree turn to prevent this being required.

And this is why it doesn't work. Most road cars are 2.5-3 turns lock to lock, so while it's probably fine for most driving, it will absolutely suck for a lot of parking - especially parallel parking.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Yeah that's the joke. Any normal human wouldnt want that design. Square wheel is dumb

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Vampire Panties posted:

:lol: I dunno about the tower footers sliding away, but the packed earth has a :stare: crack :stare: where they set up the crane

Oh yeah, so it does.

Does anyone know where this is? I'm suddenly wondering if this is in a country where some government agency actually makes sure there IS a solid concrete foundation under the dirt or something, instead of just old newspapers so the contractor can buy himself a new summer cottage.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Drone_Fragger posted:

Lexus makes a car with steer-by-wire that adjusts the steering ratio on the fly so a yoke actually works.

Teslas are all traditional 900 degree lock-to-lock rack and pinion, except they have yokes to add an extra danger factor.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The cybertruck is supposedly also steer by wire now so the yoke is a bit less dumb than in the S. How well it actually works is another matter of course.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Now I'm imagining a yoke in the shape of an S, like a set of motorized wildly gyrating Trogdor arms

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Cybertruk 2.0 will replace the steering wheel with a Bop-it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

8one6 posted:

Cybertruk 2.0 will replace the steering wheel with a Bop-it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

What was that Suzane Sommers exercise thing?

That for the steering wheel. You can drive and get a workout.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

He looks like those horrible baby masks from Brazil.

afflictionwisp
Aug 26, 2003

mycomancy posted:

Those dudes setting off the sprinkler are wearing Cava shirts. Cava is basically a Chipotle but for vaguely Mediterranean/near East food. AFAIK they don't routinely set food on fire during serving, so whatever was going on here probably got everyone fired.

The original Cava locations in the DC Metro area called Cava Mezze and are sit-down dining, they're like greek style tapas. Those unfortunate folk were making Saganaki, flambeed kefalograviera. If youre in the area, you should find one. It is loving delicious when its not doused in stagnant water.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

The cybertruck is supposedly also steer by wire now so the yoke is a bit less dumb than in the S. How well it actually works is another matter of course.

The cyber truck is dumb from it's desperate origins, so I'll wager that it doesn't work.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Such a massive tower being erected on what looks like just packed dirt makes me worried. I'm sure there's some kind of reinforcement under the legs, but it still looks scary.

It is sitting on driller pier foundations.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

redshirt posted:

What was that Suzane Sommers exercise thing?

That for the steering wheel. You can drive and get a workout.

Thigh master?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Why don't they just put a camera to record the driver's eye movements and steer to where he's looking

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Nenonen posted:

Why don't they just put a camera to record the driver's eye movements and steer to where he's looking

Don't give them ideas.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
drat why does my car constantly drive into huge asses by itself

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

You're supposed to look where you want to go when you're driving.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Oh. My. God. Becky, look at her butt.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

I guess they would need to solve the mirror problem first

Dec 22, 2023

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/gixJDni.mp4

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/aqLATE1.mp4

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Its something both trumpeters and glass blowers can have happen to them, through practices you really dont need to do and are counterproductive unless youre a jazz prodigy.

Dizzy Gillespie also had a laryngocele. If you look it's not just his cheeks inflating.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

is it time to roll your mum over again?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/O3KaMnc.mp4

I'm a rube and an idiot so I can't tell if this is fake or not. It certainly seems like a voiceover describing things that didn't happen but the chimp is also definitely using those tools for a purpose, even if it's just imitating.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Admiral Joeslop posted:

https://i.imgur.com/O3KaMnc.mp4

I'm a rube and an idiot so I can't tell if this is fake or not. It certainly seems like a voiceover describing things that didn't happen but the chimp is also definitely using those tools for a purpose, even if it's just imitating.

Most likely the chimp is just doing random stuff and he recorded hours of footage to pick out the bits that he could string together into a story.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
He's very lucky that's not an orangutan.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Deteriorata posted:

Most likely the chimp is just doing random stuff and he recorded hours of footage to pick out the bits that he could string together into a story.

Letting an ape learn how to start a car seems like a potential problem then

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Being able to grip things with one foot while using two hands seems very helpful.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Deteriorata posted:

Either way smarter than me is.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Karate Bastard posted:

yeah they are mostly only skilled at imports but on the plus side are less likely to remove your face from your face.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
hanging out with a chimp is probably one of the most dangerous things posted itt

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Karate Bastard posted:

Chimps are absolute psychopaths and they're arsehole idiots for having one as a pet. One day when it's a moody adolescent, it'll gouge his eyes out, bite off his nose then rip off his cock and balls just to be sure.

By comparison, orangutans are chill. I'd rather hang out with an orangutang.

spiny
May 20, 2004

round and round and round

Pablo Bluth posted:

By comparison, orangutans are chill. I'd rather hang out with an orangutang.

Just don't call him a monkey.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
The issue is that the orangutans don't want to hang out with us, lest we start making them get jobs and paying taxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

BlackIronHeart posted:

The issue is that the orangutans don't want to hang out with us, lest we start making them get jobs and paying taxes.

Also chimps steal all the 10mm sockets.