Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Tunicate posted:

coca cola is also marketed to people with hair

citation needed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

citation needed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZp64AX3v3E

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The device was an iron tool slightly longer than 12 inches and consisted of a paddle at one end. The other end was spoon-shaped, with the center removed and a knob at the end.[citation needed] The spoon end was used to extract the "hard excrements" while the other was used for applying ointments, no doubt necessary after undergoing a procedure with this instrument.[citation needed]

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Captain Hygiene posted:

an iron tool slightly longer than 12 inches ... and a knob at the end

:eyepop:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The indie band Bogshed were formed in Hebden Bridge in 1984, originally as the 'Amazing Roy North Penis Band'.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

wait, wait, let me guess......... King

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

An analog to the Bald-Hairy rule, I take it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

quote:

Some time after the death of hairy Stalin,

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

harry dean stalin would be a pretty good username, already picturing the av too

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

However, some newsreel film of Joseph Stalin at the Potsdam Conference showed that he was in the early stages of balding, lending controversy to the rule.[2]

:monocle:

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

this is the kind of thing where the article is disproportionally long for the subject, but as long as everything is cited properly and someone might find it useful (after decades of working on my family tree, some questions and gaps were filled in, proven, or disproven by wikipedia sources), why not put it on wikipedia rather than on some website that will disappear in 10 years or behind a paywall? I've added bits and pieces to articles over the years when I tried Google (especially back when it was useful) and figured that if I couldn't find it, I was only wondering because I read something in a book that had a single print run in the 1970s, and could confirm their source by filling out a form and having someone across the country scan the three pages they cited, why not spend another minute adding it with a citation and make the site a bit more useful? i figure it's better than letting information disappear from history when the last copy of the original book gets pulped because some library's budget gets cut and they have to reduce storage costs by getting rid of books that haven't been checked out in the past 75 years.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

GWBBQ posted:

this is the kind of thing where the article is disproportionally long for the subject, but as long as everything is cited properly and someone might find it useful (after decades of working on my family tree, some questions and gaps were filled in, proven, or disproven by wikipedia sources), why not put it on wikipedia rather than on some website that will disappear in 10 years or behind a paywall? I've added bits and pieces to articles over the years when I tried Google (especially back when it was useful) and figured that if I couldn't find it, I was only wondering because I read something in a book that had a single print run in the 1970s, and could confirm their source by filling out a form and having someone across the country scan the three pages they cited, why not spend another minute adding it with a citation and make the site a bit more useful? i figure it's better than letting information disappear from history when the last copy of the original book gets pulped because some library's budget gets cut and they have to reduce storage costs by getting rid of books that haven't been checked out in the past 75 years.

imo it should be in an article about the gamache family

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

1 All islands should have an article this thorough!
2 Wow this is actually REALLY long.
3 Is the table of contents a lost poem from Brautigan's Trout Fishing in America

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
We're sorry we've asked you a few times recently, but it's Wednesday, 20 December, and it will soon be too late to help in our year-end fundraiser.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The ex-employee provided LSuperSonicQ with the book's front cover and six images depicting SpongeBob characters in sexual scenarios.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Many examples of utility tunnels are found in Japan, where government officials have sought ways to reduce the catastrophic effects of earthquakes in their tectonically active country. Their use, however, is not limited to that country, and there are many examples of such utility tunnels. These include:

Incorporated with Xinyi[2] and Sonshan MRT rapid transit lines in Taipei, Taiwan.[citation needed]
Azabu-Hibiya Common Utility Duct in Tokyo, Japan[3]
Minatomirai District lines in Yokohama, Japan[4]
Portions of the Chicago Tunnel Company's abandoned network of tunnels are leased to utility companies for use as common utility ducts for electrical, communication and HVAC lines. The tunnels lie approximately forty feet below the street surface and run under all streets in the central business district, except where they were displaced by rapid transit tunnels.[citation needed]
Poundbury in Dorset, England, a planned community built on land belonging to King Charles as Duke of Cornwall, incorporates common utility ducts[5]
Bremen, Germany has near-perfect surfaces on its footways, cycleways, and streets, with virtually no visible repairs or disturbances. This is achieved by an absence of vehicles on footways or cycleways, and utility ducts that make it is unnecessary to disturb the surfaces in order to access the networks. Utility networks are housed in a cluster of pipes which are located under footways and cycleways.[citation needed]
The Dartford Cable Tunnel allows high voltage electricity line to cross the River Thames.[citation needed]
The Utility Tunnels in Qatar built on the Lusail, 15 km north of Doha, is approximately 14–15 km in length.[citation needed]
The old Beacon Hill Tunnel in New Kowloon, Hong Kong, a disused railway tunnel which now carries a towngas pipeline
Tunnels of Hongkong Electric[6]
Utility Tunnel in GIFT City, Gandhinagar, India[7]

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
not true, that's why I brought a helicopter

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

The Sun has appeared in fiction since classical antiquity, but for a long time it rarely received attention.

(first sentence of today's featured article, good fuckin' work)

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Sun was overexposed in early media and everyone was sick of it

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

According to a 1972 interview with Stevens, the inspiration for the title was a name he created to describe his penis

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

A road leads up to the base of the statue, where one may view the surrounding terrain for a distance of several miles.[citation needed] Although it is free to visit, an at-will donation bin, shaped like a milk can, sits at the bottom of the hill to help maintain the property and re-paint the cow as needed.

A brochure available at the nearby gas station contains the "Ballad of the Holstein" to the tune of "Joy to the World":

We've got the world's largest Holstein cow, that looks across our fields.

Her presence shows that New Salem grows

with milk-producers' yields, with milk-producers' yields, with milk-producers' yields.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
They have been noted for having human-like characteristics, such as hypertension, anxiety, and social and dependent alcohol use.[4]

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Mescal posted:

A road leads up to the base of the statue, where one may view the surrounding terrain for a distance of several miles.[citation needed] Although it is free to visit, an at-will donation bin, shaped like a milk can, sits at the bottom of the hill to help maintain the property and re-paint the cow as needed.

A brochure available at the nearby gas station contains the "Ballad of the Holstein" to the tune of "Joy to the World":

We've got the world's largest Holstein cow, that looks across our fields.

Her presence shows that New Salem grows

with milk-producers' yields, with milk-producers' yields, with milk-producers' yields.

holy poo poo, and I thought goons were bad with meter in song parodies

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Leck posted:

no kidding, i can't even tell if it's supposed to be three dog night or the christmas carol.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

During the later part of the nineteenth century it was common practice to name a product with the prefix Dr. to make it sound healthful; E.g., Dr. Davis's Liver Pills, Dr. Chandler's Hemlock Plaster, and Dr. Able's Compound Honey of Tar and Lemon.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The Leck posted:

my best guess, in 2/4 time, is:

code:
1      2        1        2         1  2       1      2       
we've  got  the world's     largestholstein   cow

1      2   1      2      1    2    1     2
that looks     across     our fields

1      2        1       2
her pre-eh-eh-sence show-ow-ows

1      2      1       2
that new-ew sa-lem grow-ow-ows

1       2       1       2
with milk producer's yields  ...	 	 
garbage!

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Dec 23, 2023

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Females show no clear distinction between the uterus and vagina, and males have internal testicles, which are located between the bladder and the rectum.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Females show no clear distinction between the uterus and vagina, and males have internal testicles, which are located between the bladder and the rectum.

Wow, between this and the leprosy, armadillos need to get their poo poo together

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

my best guess, in 2/4 time, is:

code:
1      2        1        2         1  2       1      2       
we've  got  the world's     largestholstein   cow

1      2   1      2      1    2    1     2
that looks     across     our fields

1      2        1       2
her pre-eh-eh-sence show-ow-ows

1      2      1       2
that new-ew sa-lem grow-ow-ows

1       2       1       2
with milk producer's yields  ...	 	 
garbage!

this is about the best I could come up with too. I spent way too much time thinking about this stupid song

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

The Leck posted:

this is about the best I could come up with too. I spent way too much time thinking about this stupid song

I'm glad y'all hated it as much as i did

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
Mapping the expression patterns of genes that express differently across the body axes suggest that one could think of the body of a starfish as a disembodied head walking about the sea floor on its lips.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Due to the song's ongoing popularity, as well as social media memes that show retail workers' disdain for the song due to its excessive airplay at their job, Carey has taken advantage of this annually by posting a video every year since 2019 around midnight Eastern time on November 1 saying when it is time to play the song.[134][135]

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

In 2001, the goat was burned down by a 51-year-old American visitor from Cleveland, Ohio, who spent 18 days in jail and was subsequently convicted and ordered to pay SEK 100,000 (US$11,655.01; equivalent to US$19,262 in 2022) in damages. The court confiscated his cigarette lighter with the argument that he clearly was not able to handle it. He stated in court that he was no "goat burner", and believed that he was taking part in a completely legal goat-burning tradition.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The rules are badly laid out, but the principles are easy to learn and combat is fluid. So, fine on that score. It's a superbly fun game to play because of its quirkiness, and the fact that the post-apocalyptic setting has most of California under the ocean. Fantastic fun.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

duz posted:

In 2001, the goat was burned down by a 51-year-old American visitor from Cleveland, Ohio, who spent 18 days in jail and was subsequently convicted and ordered to pay SEK 100,000 (US$11,655.01; equivalent to US$19,262 in 2022) in damages. The court confiscated his cigarette lighter with the argument that he clearly was not able to handle it. He stated in court that he was no "goat burner", and believed that he was taking part in a completely legal goat-burning tradition.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
The goat collapsed under its own weight.[31]

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
See also: Garden gnome liberationists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

In North American tradition (in the United States and Canada), Santa is said to live at the North Pole, which according to Canada Post lies within Canadian jurisdiction in postal code H0H 0H0[61] (a reference to "ho ho ho", Santa's notable saying, although postal codes starting with H are usually reserved for the island of Montréal in Québec).