Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Been saying this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/kmeinke/status/1738249090310250680

No CJGJ this week.

https://twitter.com/kmeinke/status/1738249970648535506

But Alim should be back this season! :toot:

MJeff fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Dec 22, 2023

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Orton would've won the Super Bowl

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/MatthewColler/status/1738277202544779421

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Orton would've won the Super Bowl

2006 Orton? Definitely not. 2008 Orton? Yeah...maybe.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Jenkins is out for the Cardinals game.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

look what we did to this guy
https://x.com/KRoseSharkey/status/1737981292925362554?s=20

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Justin, come to Minnesota. We have the two best WR's you will ever see and a coach whose pretty good at times.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Darth Brooks posted:

Justin, come to Minnesota. We have the two best WR's you will ever see and a coach whose pretty good at times.

If we can get TWO Justins, our power in the NFC North would be unstoppable.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I think the Vikings will sign Jefferson and a QB (probably Kirk again) but let Hunter go. That's probably the right move

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If Green Bay lost on Sunday, that would essentially
1) End their season.
2) Probably send the 1st overall to New England or Arizona instead of Chicago.

I know it's not gonna happen, they're just gonna beat the Panthers. I'm just trying to envision how this thread would react to both of those things happening at the same time.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

*Bears draft another 1st round QB*

Bears Fans: "Here we go again!"

*Freeze frame over raucous laughter*

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

MJeff posted:

If Green Bay lost on Sunday, that would essentially
1) End their season.
2) Probably send the 1st overall to New England or Arizona instead of Chicago.

I know it's not gonna happen, they're just gonna beat the Panthers. I'm just trying to envision how this thread would react to both of those things happening at the same time.

Even if GB loses, Carolina needs to win another game game before it gets in jeopardy

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

HootTheOwl posted:

Even if GB loses, Carolina needs to win another game game before it gets in jeopardy

Do they have tiebreakers (or, uh, I guess tie-losers) against New England and Arizona?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

MJeff posted:

Do they have tiebreakers (or, uh, I guess tie-losers) against New England and Arizona?

According to some article I read, the rams win did the sos calculus to make it so they need to loses.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Carolina has the weakest SOS if the three teams. If they win, they still need one more win to lose the first pick.

Cognac McCarthy posted:

I think the Vikings will sign Jefferson and a QB (probably Kirk again) but let Hunter go. That's probably the right move

Don't worry, we'll take good care of Hunter next year.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cardinals are going to win Sunday anyway.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Sataere posted:

Don't worry, we'll take good care of Hunter next year.

Next year's got an even number so he's due for, oh let's say, a torn quadriceps

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Sataere posted:

Carolina has the weakest SOS if the three teams. If they win, they still need one more win to lose the first pick.

It's really close though, so it could change over the last few games.

Tankathon has the Panthers SOS at 0.517 and the Pats SOS at 0.519. Arizona is way back at 0.562, so they definitely would need the Panthers to win 2 games (and the Pats to win one).

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I think this man is on to something here:

https://twitter.com/Justin_Rogers/status/1738287442799591923?t=Ybv97SQSpbvDUCX2lBtwVQ&s=19

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Some nerd on the Bears Reddit posted all of the games that could swing SOS for Carolina and New England, and it seems like it could legit go either way, with maybe the Patriots having a little bit of the inside track after the Eagles loss on Monday.

I'm ultimately pretty zen about where exactly the Panthers pick falls. Would be very nice to have #1 overall but this isn't a draft where the first QB off the board is head and shoulders above the next guy so whatev. Hard to get the #2 pick via trade and think "What a letdown"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Them getting the first again is the funniest outcome
Only for them to trade it again and get the first again next year

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Being halfway around the world for back-to-back-to-back division clinching opportunities is going to be a great test of my "the Lions do badly when I watch them" theory. 1-6 dating back to last season, with the 1 being v CHI on a tape delay!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

xbilkis posted:

Some nerd on the Bears Reddit posted all of the games that could swing SOS for Carolina and New England, and it seems like it could legit go either way, with maybe the Patriots having a little bit of the inside track after the Eagles loss on Monday.

I'm ultimately pretty zen about where exactly the Panthers pick falls. Would be very nice to have #1 overall but this isn't a draft where the first QB off the board is head and shoulders above the next guy so whatev. Hard to get the #2 pick via trade and think "What a letdown"

I’d almost prefer the bears get the #2 pick. Assuming they want a QB, it’s more likely to force their hand to a specific guy instead of having to actually evaluate which is better. If they stick with Fields then they’ll still be able to get Marvin Harrison Jr.

Assuming NE has the #1 pick, I trust their ability to judge QB’s about as well as the Bears.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1738251249294688628?t=uOBTWl3mU8mtqbY0PuiX-Q&s=19

Paging Brad Holmes

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

C-Euro posted:

Being halfway around the world for back-to-back-to-back division clinching opportunities is going to be a great test of my "the Lions do badly when I watch them" theory. 1-6 dating back to last season, with the 1 being v CHI on a tape delay!

Oh god. Oh no.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

get paid, cairo
https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1738589233240051819?s=20

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Practicing player info:

WR Jayden Reed questionable
WR Christian Watson doubtful
S Darnell Savage out

Wicks is going to be fed the ball.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hot Diggity! posted:

Wicks is going to be fed the ball.

So the offensive skill positions will be Jones, Kraft, Wicks, and Doubs? Plus the bottom-of-the-roster folks like Heath and Melton. I'm happy with that, that should be enough unless something goes catastrophically wrong.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

I should have learned to kick a ball better.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

So the offensive skill positions will be Jones, Kraft, Wicks, and Doubs? Plus the bottom-of-the-roster folks like Heath and Melton. I'm happy with that, that should be enough unless something goes catastrophically wrong.

Joe Barry has entered the chat

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Digital Jedi posted:

I should have learned to kick a ball better.

If the Invincible guy could do it with the Eagles, why not you!

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

SKULL.GIF posted:

67-48 panthers win

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Vikings 31
Lions 28

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

SirPablo posted:

Vikings 31
Lions 28

Whatever the score winds up being I guarantee it will be within one score. This is the law.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

SKULL.GIF posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if Reed plays given he said his ankle was hosed and then played last week

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Packers: Pee-pee
Panthers: Poo-poo

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Packers: Pee-pee
Panthers: Poo-poo

:hmmyes: