Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I don't care what anyone else says if there is a Habsburg restoration in Austria I will in fact have to hand it to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

tony quidtana posted:

I don't care what anyone else says if there is a Habsburg restoration in Austria I will in fact have to hand it to them.

reading this knowing the folks who had Franz Ferdinand killed were called Black Hand: lol

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Oh poo poo! Are Dan needs our help!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Custard Undies posted:

Oh poo poo! Are Dan needs our help!

I'll chip in a few dollareedoos

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

FAUXTON posted:

You can't just call it a Mercedes every time a fascist builds a flaming deathtrap

I mean they are sponsored by Crowdstrike. :thejoke:

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Theophany posted:

I'll chip in a few dollareedoos

I'd help to but only if i can watch him box a kangaroo.

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Your fave Vercrappen would never be as cool as our Lewis:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1H2omzLBXB/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Who would want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I'm considering going to Miami (or some coworkers would rather do Montreal but that sounds way lamer). Grandstand tix just let you go to that grandstand and sit and GA tix let you sit in any GA area and walk around those areas and poo poo? This is confusing as heck.

Any ticket will let you in for FOA stuff too since it's co-located or are those separate?

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

aledesma posted:

Your fave Vercrappen would never be as cool as our Lewis:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1H2omzLBXB/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I'm actually surprised he's able to do that and not have some stipulation in his contract with Mercedes that says he can't put himself at risk of death or serious injury.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I'm going to guess it's like when Kimi broke his wrist doing snowmobile racing and it turns out he didn't say anything to his team about it until afterwards

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

MustardFacial posted:

Who would want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane?

if the pilot is lance stroll

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFdRVHSYZJI

:gizz:

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

Chills, McLaren WCC 2024

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

I'm going to guess it's like when Kimi broke his wrist doing snowmobile racing and it turns out he didn't say anything to his team about it until afterwards

Never forget that he entered the snowmobile race under the name James Hunt.

Elendil004 posted:

I'm considering going to Miami (or some coworkers would rather do Montreal but that sounds way lamer). Grandstand tix just let you go to that grandstand and sit and GA tix let you sit in any GA area and walk around those areas and poo poo? This is confusing as heck.

Any ticket will let you in for FOA stuff too since it's co-located or are those separate?

Montreal in the spring (and the nightlife is apparently unreal) or Not Miami (because Miami Beach and all that nightlife is about an hour drive away)? And probably cheaper between pricing and exchange rates?

I’d rather go to Montreal honestly.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

you make a valid point, what's getting to and from the montreal track like? From downtown or wherever the hotels and fun night poo poo are?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's the most in the city track possible, there's a metro stop on the island next to it and then you walk over a bridge

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Yeah Montreal is accessible pretty easily

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

lmao RPM "DAYUMica"

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I cannot recommend going to the Miami race unless you just go to Miami and ignore the race

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

net work error posted:

I cannot recommend going to the Miami race unless you just go to Miami and ignore the race
FTFY

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Miami is good

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwBS6QGsH_4

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
will smith has never released a song about montreal. montreal vice? not a show. choose wisely

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

net work error posted:

Miami is good

Bruce Campbell (Sam Axe) hangs out in Miami drinking Mojito's with his buddies while doing spy poo poo.

Therefore Miami is cool and good!

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Fair enough, y'all sold me on Montreal, but what about grandstands vs GA vs whatever else?

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

latifi grandstand or bust

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice

Custard Undies posted:

Bruce Campbell (Sam Axe) hangs out in Miami drinking Mojito's with his buddies while doing spy poo poo.

Therefore Miami is cool and good!

Burn notice was peak USA

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Thanks Ants posted:

It's the most in the city track possible, there's a metro stop on the island next to it and then you walk over a bridge

beware, my hotel was about a 5 minute walk from my seat (normally), took me an hour to walk from my hotel to the seat bc FIA shut down some the bridges in the city

idk if they do a similar thing in Canada but an hour walk there and back sucked when you werent expecting it (i mean not a huge deal at the end of the day when you get to see f1 cars race its a small price to pay)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Horn posted:

Burn notice was peak USA

the Blue Sky Initiative at the height of its power

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Diet Crack posted:

lmao RPM "DAYUMica"

Worth the wait

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's funny because of the messenger but it's also the only thing I've seen done about the Toto and Suzie thing that says "Business F1 magazine is full of poo poo and also the people who run it are shady"

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Thanks Ants posted:

It's funny because of the messenger but it's also the only thing I've seen done about the Toto and Suzie thing that says "Business F1 magazine is full of poo poo and also the people who run it are shady"

Yeah seriously. Wtf was that mazepin article too???

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Elendil004 posted:

Fair enough, y'all sold me on Montreal, but what about grandstands vs GA vs whatever else?

Always get grandstand tickets if you can. I went to Montreal last year and the GA spaces were packed, lots of people trying to see around corners of the grandstands and through gaps in the tarps, seemed pretty miserable there from what I saw. You can always go for a wander if you have your grandstand ticket and go back and actually sit down and have a good view.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

the milk machine posted:

will smith has never released a song about montreal. montreal vice? not a show. choose wisely

Here's what I'm imagining: Rich Jewish pretty boy detective who's never left the city. His family was on the rise but his crown attorney dad is now in scandal. Now he gets a new partner. Hot shot new cop. Born outside of Sagueny, drafted first round by the Canadiens but washed out fast in the league. He's a better cop than a hockey player-- at least there one thing he can shoot straight. But now F1 is in town and so is the French Connection which team is has more than just a fast car and how deep do the connections go?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I bet they could get Latffi to be a featured extra.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Bip Roberts posted:

Here's what I'm imagining: Rich Jewish pretty boy detective who's never left the city. His family was on the rise but his crown attorney dad is now in scandal. Now he gets a new partner. Hot shot new cop. Born outside of Sagueny, drafted first round by the Canadiens but washed out fast in the league. He's a better cop than a hockey player-- at least there one thing he can shoot straight. But now F1 is in town and so is the French Connection which team is has more than just a fast car and how deep do the connections go?

I would watch this, maybe I could learn a thing or two about canada

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Bip Roberts posted:

I bet they could get Latffi to be a featured extra.

Only for the season finale where he would have the most impact.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Thanks Ants posted:

It’s also the only thing that has brought up Horner’s use of “official complaint” when asked directly if he had a hand in it.

Actual investigative journalism :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES
I just finished the 2010 season from the archive, what a wild ride.

Starting 2011 and the main post-Murray Walker commentary guy is gone, so now they have a nightmare pairing where Brundle is doing the play-by-play and Coulthard is doing the color.