Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

Assuming you meant driving

I did not. A few drinks and the fear of doing a backflip off the high dive immediately disappear.

Too many though you shouldn't be climbing up there haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

kiimo posted:

Bowling and darts will never be sports to me because you aren't supposed to get better at sports the more you drink.

Pool, shuffleboard and pop a shot fall under this banner

My friend, have you heard of Curling?

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

kiimo posted:

I did not. A few drinks and the fear of doing a backflip off the high dive immediately disappear.

Too many though you shouldn't be climbing up there haha

Makes perfect sense, apologies for doubting your original post

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Whats everybody’s favorite way to prepare canned tamales?

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Rob fuckin Ryan is on sky sports pregame right now

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

General Dog posted:

there's no way

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Cool. So in addition to my sister in law's family all running 103 fevers, my mother-in-law, who we're staying with and was going to do the hosting instead, has tested positive for Covid.

I'm now definitely not seeing my own family on Christmas Eve and kinda just want to pack up and say gently caress it and have Christmas at home just the three of us but my wife wants to stay here since we're already down, which, I dunno why since it's not like we can do much of anything?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

General Dog posted:

Tamales...canned?

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
... I've seen them in a jar before?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kalli posted:

I think Thanksgiving is the worst for grocery and the day after thanksgiving for all other retail.

I remember working at walgreens in high school and we had no like Black Friday doorbusters worth thinking about and still had stupid crowds on black friday.

The roster cuts were my favorite part of Breaking Madden and I remember Bois's story of when he worked at Radioshack and they had like 10 employees for black friday, and over the course of the first six hours maybe two people came in

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Rectal Placenta posted:

... I've seen them in a jar before?

Huh. Interesting.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

Cool. So in addition to my sister in law's family all running 103 fevers, my mother-in-law, who we're staying with and was going to do the hosting instead, has tested positive for Covid.

I'm now definitely not seeing my own family on Christmas Eve and kinda just want to pack up and say gently caress it and have Christmas at home just the three of us but my wife wants to stay here since we're already down, which, I dunno why since it's not like we can do much of anything?

gently caress that, would rather be at home and sleep in my own bed.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

kiimo posted:

Bowling and darts will never be sports to me because you aren't supposed to get better at sports the more you drink.

Pool, shuffleboard and pop a shot fall under this banner

What about Waid Boggs?

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Air Skwirl posted:

What about Waid Boggs?

What about a character from the Star Wars Expanded Universe?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Air Skwirl posted:

What about Waid Boggs?

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

What about Waid Boggs?

He made drinking into a sport unto itself. You gotta respect it

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

Yeah y’all shouldn’t go knowingly into a COVID-positive situation, I would be turning back for home.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If you’re already there it’s too late but if you’re not exposed already I’d absolutely turn around

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Whelp I’m full

Apple Butter glazed ham and some brown sugar teriyaki sauce

https://imgur.com/a/XMEQ9S0

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Buying groceries to make this 2418 people on Christmas morning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBNmB5LEEFg

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Man, A Muppet Christmas Carol goes so loving hard. I think I saw it in theaters when it came out too.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Air Skwirl posted:

What about Waid Boggs?
And this charming lad :boonie: and his 52 cans of beer from Sydney to London.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/i-was-stupid-boon-admits-regret-over-infamous-52-beer-flight-20231221-p5esxn.html

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Why would you ever apologise for that

He's set a record that will likely never be beat

Unless he got handsy with the staff in which case yes Boonie apologise for that poo poo

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Rectal Placenta posted:

Man, A Muppet Christmas Carol goes so loving hard. I think I saw it in theaters when it came out too.

I bang the drum about that movie every christmas. It's loving perfect.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Our annual classic is Scrooged with Bill Murray, though It kinda loses it in the 3rd act

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

The Glumslinger posted:

Our annual classic is Scrooged with Bill Murray, though It kinda loses it in the 3rd act

One of those movies I've never seen but the cover is burned into my brain from the video store

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

Why would you ever apologise for that

He's set a record that will likely never be beat

Unless he got handsy with the staff in which case yes Boonie apologise for that poo poo
Oh there's nothing about getting handsy with staff, it's just for a long time he was saying it was all a myth, and now he's come around to "Maybe I did, but I was too drunk to keep count, and binge drinking like that is dangerous."

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CannonFodder posted:

Oh there's nothing about getting handsy with staff, it's just for a long time he was saying it was all a myth, and now he's come around to "Maybe I did, but I was too drunk to keep count, and binge drinking like that is dangerous."

It's also the fact that he apparently can't go a day without being asked about it, which while its probably novel the first few times every day for years on end you'd probably get a bit tired of your entire life being based around your prowess drinking bored on a plane. The guy was a drat good cricketer, a really good selector and has been apart of the game at the grass roots level for decades.

It's kind of a "you gently caress one goat" situation.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Just found out one of my best friends from my childhood up through my mid twenties died of a drug overdose this morning. poo poo sucks :smith:

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
‘Sorry to hear nervous. My BIL OD’d the day after Christmas 2 years ago.

Was in the mountains of Colorado skiing with the family for the past week and picked up a bug or got food poisoning. We drove and arrived home yesterday afternoon and since around 3 this morning it’s been liquid in, liquid out, a fever, migraine and general aches all over. Really lovely timing.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

BlindSite posted:

gently caress that, would rather be at home and sleep in my own bed.

harperdc posted:

Yeah y’all shouldn’t go knowingly into a COVID-positive situation, I would be turning back for home.

Amy Pole Her posted:

If you’re already there it’s too late but if you’re not exposed already I’d absolutely turn around

Trip report: spent the last 4 hours packing/driving/unloading the car.

Yeah we were already there for 24 hours when she tested. Thankfully it didn't take long to convince my wife we should head home. I think she was just super disappointed at the thought at first.

I pointed out to her that most of her family was sick and probably wouldn't be able to host a get together in a couple of days. And we couldn't stay with my folks because my parents have no room and my father's health is not good, so we'd be seeing exactly nobody on Christmas or Christmas Eve and there was no point in hanging around. Packing and driving would've sucked if we were all showing symptoms after Christmas too.

:sigh:

Well, I probably have enough in the house to make a decent Christmas dinner for us at least.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Prime rib is salted and in the fridge til Monday, crab and shrimp are defrosting for gumbo tomorrow, braciole is braising in the oven, I’m getting good and toasted in champagne cocktails, tis the season y’all.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I’m still full, then again I’m taking a small bite of ham everytime I’m in the kitchen.

Think I’m gonna smoke and see if that makes me feel less bloated

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Nervous posted:

Just found out one of my best friends from my childhood up through my mid twenties died of a drug overdose this morning. poo poo sucks :smith:

gently caress that sucks, sorry man.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Nervous posted:

poo poo, that sucks man. I'm sorry.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

You know, I liked Christmas a lot more before I had a kid.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Bird in a Blender posted:

You know, I liked Christmas a lot more before I had a kid.

I took off the back half of my shift tomorrow to come home and sleepwalk through a visit from my MiL for “our” “Christmas” then I’ll be staying up putting together a Barbie dream house whenever we can get gramma out of here.

So yeah, I feel ya.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I got a sad about my foster kitties going back to their owner sometime soon but that's the goal. Lol I told my gf I wouldn't get attached and now look where I'm at.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

BlindSite posted:

I bang the drum about that movie every christmas. It's loving perfect.
I think what makes it really hit is the mix and match of actual dialogue from the original book, and the Muppet parts, and how they combine.

Gonzo: Actual text from the book
Rizzo: is Rizzo
Gonzo: 4TH WALLS? I DON'T CARE now back to actual text from the book

Michael Caine and Kermit: straight from the book unless singing

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Dec 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Even if you're already there it's probably worth it to still go home and self quarantine through Christmas. You might get lucky and not have it yet, do home tests on the 26th.