Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Well Played Mauer posted:

SELL THE TEAM HAL

I’m legit flabbergasted that a bunch of sociopaths making the money they do can’t figure out that this is a horrible excuse.

Especially because they're basically throwing Cole under the bus by implying he'd throw a big sad if they improved the team by paying another pitcher more money than him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

mcmagic posted:

The entire organization is completely incompetent and up their own asses. They legitimately think they are doing a great job with everything and are just unlucky with injuries or something like that.

Your gimmick is old and tired.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sydin posted:

Especially because they're basically throwing Cole under the bus by implying he'd throw a big sad if they improved the team by paying another pitcher more money than him.

It's not implying that at all really. it's basically just "we are THE YANKEES and you should be so grateful that we are interested in you and this is what we think you're worth and if you don't take it you aren't a TRUE YANKEE"

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Padres get Matsui

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1738703678419120147

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
They’re legit five years behind the organizations they believe they compete with. “Act like you’ve been there before.” gently caress you, act like no one knows who you are because clearly Ohtani and Yamamoto don’t.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Well Played Mauer posted:

They’re legit five years behind the organizations they believe they compete with. “Act like you’ve been there before.” gently caress you, act like no one knows who you are because clearly Ohtani and Yamamoto don’t.

You saw Cashman's press conference at the winter meetings. He legit thinks he's doing a great job and can't believe he's getting criticized.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Yankees’ farm system is also pretty rough now between trades and graduations

They are probably going to have to sign more FAs going forward

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

Super Jay Mann posted:

I'm curious what you mean by "fumbled" in this instance, because from my vantage point the Yankees offered the best contract (a massive overpay at that) and was never given even a chance to try and negotiate an even higher offer by Yamamoto's camp because it was painfully clear that his plan was always to extract as much as he could from the Dodgers specifically as opposed to actually trying to negotiate the best contract for himself.

Like, what else were the Yankees supposed to do other than overpay him even harder initially?

Lmao simultaneously an overpay, but also not trying to do the best possible for himself, gotcha. Also, Yankess offered less money so..

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
I love the Los Angeles Dodgers of Los Angeles and anything that is good for them is good for me.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Zisky posted:

I love the Los Angeles Dodgers of Los Angeles and anything that is good for them is good for me.

it will be good for the dodgers and their fans to be humbled by not making the post season

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Oh please. Look at their roster. Buehler, Ohtani, Yamamoto, Betts, Freeman, probably Kershaw, Smith, Outman, Lux

They'd have to suffer nine misfortunes to miss the playoffs. Three misfortunes, that's possible. Seven misfortunes there's an outside chance. But nine misfortunes? I'd like to see that

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Local poster would “like” to see Ohtani misfortunes

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

im hoping for a fat ohtani era

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ohtani will be the Strawberry of the group, the lefty who gets pinch hit for by a righty to play the percentages after hitting huge bombs all game

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Intruder posted:

Ohtani will be the Strawberry of the group, the lefty who gets pinch hit for by a righty to play the percentages after hitting huge bombs all game

Darryl Strawberry is weirdly a huge zionist lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He's a reborn xtian who has his own ministry right? Of course he's a zionist, Israel needs to exist so the rapture can happen

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Google Butt posted:

it will be good for the dodgers and their fans to be humbled by not making the post season
Maybe if you ask real nice you can get them to contract the postseason and get a shot at this

Might just backfire though and send the Dodgers straight to the WS every year.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Dec 24, 2023

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Evangelical Christianity really is a self-hating blood cult. It’s like the reformation odometer rolled over.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Intruder posted:

Oh please. Look at their roster. Buehler, Ohtani, Yamamoto, Betts, Freeman, probably Kershaw, Smith, Outman, Lux

They'd have to suffer nine misfortunes to miss the playoffs. Three misfortunes, that's possible. Seven misfortunes there's an outside chance. But nine misfortunes? I'd like to see that

Kershaw absolutely gets into a bar fight arguing UK prime ministers.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Someone did this bit like 6 years ago

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I love that Don Mattingly still gets fans and strangers shouting at him to "get rid of those sideburns"

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Google Butt posted:

Vogelhtani

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Dodgers imperialism already on the march

https://twitter.com/mrjeffu/status/1738567870638916086

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Dodgers may be limiting Walker Buehler’s innings in 2024, according to this report

https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1738749638549615085?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

more falafel please posted:

am I the only cubsposter who is gonna root for the dodgers? I wanna see ohtani win like, several.

I'm a Cardinals fan whose second-favorite team has always been the Dodgers (Boys of Summer as a teen plus the most classic uniform in the game imo) so here's to being strange bedfellows

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

quote:

At 5-foot-8, Matsui is far from an imposing presence on the mound, but his fastball sits at 92 mph, runs up to 95 mph and has strong carry from a low arm slot. He also throws a split-fingered fastball and an occasional slider, according to evaluators.

*gasp* You don't say...

DSzymborski
Jun 5, 2010
I haven't heard anything *specific*, but it wouldn't surprise me; the Dodgers have historically been *really* careful with pitchers coming off significant injuries.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Google Butt posted:

Shohei Doughtani

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

The Dodgers may be limiting Walker Buehler’s innings in 2024, according to this report

https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1738749638549615085?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA
If they feel like he's got limited bullets coming off of his second TJS, makes sense they'd try to save some for October

Considering how close he supposedly was to making it back this September though, I'd hope he isn't super limited in 2024. They'll probably do the same thing they always do which is give everyone extra rest all the time anyway.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 24, 2023

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Manifest Drunkistry

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Intruder posted:

I am an Angels fan. I have things to show you

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Intruder posted:

Yeah, this isn't the Mets we're talking about.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i hope the chicago cubs make some trades or free agent acquisitions that help them win the National League Central

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Evergreen post

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

It's ethically okay to steal the wine as long as you pay for it in ten years

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

wrong, you have to put 3% down then put 65% of the remaining balance into an escrow account no less than 2 years later

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
arguing with the cashier that I should only have to pay sales tax on the bottles present day value of $16.42

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

here's me enjoying the cubs' Hot Stove Season

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
They're really giving a long think to maybe signing Rhys Hoskins, what more do you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

i hope the chicago cubs make some trades or free agent acquisitions that help them win the National League Central

The 86 win NL Central champion Chicago Cubs over dodgers 3-1 in nlds.