Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://youtu.be/EYyuo7gm-aQ?si=KqBnvj_e6mr94pa8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I know a guy who's basement is like that except it's all KISS memorabilia.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

drat it that’s some nice wainscoting.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

dr_rat posted:

The real curse is all the toys still in their packaging.

Don't they know how much less fun toys are when they're still in their packaging!!!

I had that Castle Grayskull when I was little and like an idiot all I did was play with it with my He-Man dolls action figures. I don't even know where it is anymore but it's got to be completely worthless at this point and all I have to show for it are fond childhood memories FML :rip: :negative:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

dr_rat posted:

Don't they know how much less fun toys are when they're still in their packaging!!!

Do like in Seinfeld where Jerry would drug a date and let her pass out so he could play with the toys in her collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6K6zEN4-Rk

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 24, 2023

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
e: nvm

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Scratch Monkey posted:

https://i.imgur.com/2EkP8gh.mp4

imagine being this nostalgia poisoned

The wood paneling, the flooring, the fluorescent lights, the drop-in ceiling....I miss my grandparents' basement.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Your grandparent's basement had lightsaber illumination?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Only two types of collectors are good: The ones who turn their house to an open museum like some of the retro pc guys.
And the collectors that craft every single thing the collect: Buying Funco crap is lame consumerism, building your own versions of whatever pop culture obsessess you is where it's at.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
At least the chair in the center of the room still looks clean...

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
i was gonna say that its clean and well lit. bot what i would spend money on, but honestly pretty tolerable

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ya’ll leave the collector nerds alone, they’re harmless.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
How’s your star wars figure collection coming along?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Scratch Monkey posted:

How’s your star wars Skeletor / He-Man figure collection coming along?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/e8a5w9s.gifv

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
:buddy:

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

My brother and I used to have a pretty decent set of the original GI Joe stuff. The space capsule, the jeep with trailer and recoilless rifle that actually shot plastic shells, the aqua scooter, and a ton of uniforms and equipment.

We played the hell out of that stuff, and it ended up being sold at the post thrift stores for literal pennies. We had to keep our possessions limited, as the Army had a weight allowance on household goods for transfers.

Decades later, I was at my parents and Antiques Roadshow was on. A bunch of the same stuff we'd had went for several thousand dollars. I just raised an eyebrow at Mom and she shrugged.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Scratch Monkey posted:

I dunno if its intentional or not, but the 80s kitchen table and chairs in a room full of six figures worth of 80s merchandise is :discourse:

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Lazy_Liberal posted:

love toys i can't play with
"He should be playing with his He-Man toys" is a fairly hot take, I'll grant you that.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Nyaaaaaahhhhhhh.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/FuOlGZA.mp4

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hoist with his own petard.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/ea61SmR.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Doctor Poo?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
lol gotta be sure to zip up

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

The TURDIS

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Do like in Seinfeld where Jerry would drug a date and let her pass out so he could play with the toys in her collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6K6zEN4-Rk

this aged like easy bake oven dough

(also lol if this was during the time he was dating that teenager irl)

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Lazy_Liberal posted:

(also lol if this was during the time he was dating that teenager irl)

That was so doggone weird as heck. Who near my age just goes and picks up a highschooler off a bench in Central Park?? Cursed as hell behavior.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ł ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Catastrophe posted:

That was so doggone weird as heck. Who near my age just goes and picks up a highschooler off a bench in Central Park?? Cursed as hell behavior.

Jerry Seinfeld is a weird gross rear end in a top hat, and the show was good because of Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Michael Richards and Jason Alexander as Larry David written by Larry David playing off each other and making him look like a douche.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

lol did he lean on the wall to take a leak and it fell over?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

Jerry Seinfeld is a weird gross rear end in a top hat, and the show was good because of Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Michael Richards and Jason Alexander as Larry David written by Larry David playing off each other and making him look like a douche.

Whoa, wait a sec here. Larry David IS a douche and that's when I learned that the bad guy is sometimes the good guy. Or rather that the anti-hero is sometimes hilariously the person you find yourself cheering for.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

I been this drunk

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

dr_rat posted:

Yeah, the only part that really made me feel negative feelings was the NIB toys. I dont really have an attachment to any of the stuff that guy has but I can see the appeal. Seeing the toys displayed out of the package is much more interesting than a bunch of NIB toys lined up on a shelf though.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Catastrophe posted:

Whoa, wait a sec here. Larry David IS a douche and that's when I learned that the bad guy is sometimes the good guy. Or rather that the anti-hero is sometimes hilariously the person you find yourself cheering for.

I like how Curb Your Enthusiasm is about Larry David handling situations badly. Sometimes it's his fault and sometimes it's not, but either way he always handles it in the worst way possible.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

Its tragic that the gas they put in the blister packs to keep the items inside in good condition makes you impotent, and it leaks out and gets trapped in enclosed spaces.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Scratch Monkey posted:

Imagine trying to talk to the person that owns all of this about literally anything other than pop culture that was popular in the 80s.

Literally anything.

Ask him who won the Grand Final last year, he wouldn't know. Hand him a cricket bat and he wouldn't know which end is the handle. Tell him you've started experimenting using Coriander in your home made spaghetti sauce, he will look at you blankly. Or start describing the problems you had changing the flat tire on your new car, or the exhausting joys of caring for your newborn and you are confronted with a glassy eyed faraway stare.

But start a sentence with "Remember that episode of He Man where Skeletor did that thing?" and you will get an hour or more of excited engaged conversation where you will be lucky to get a word in sideways.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

As much as I don't think about that sort of geek in my daily life, I wouldn't refuse a flamethrower and invitation to liquidate the entire collection. It just seems fun.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Scratch Monkey posted:

I would legit kill anyone just to get into this room.
The OG transformers and Star War toys that I wish I had as a kid, loving hell dead jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
it's the little details that are so very funny. that wood paneled basement, that vintage round table with matching chairs, and the vintage
brown la-z-boy