Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

In the movie the zombies climb over the walls because the Palestinians are yelling Allah Akhbar too loudly and it attracts them.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

gradenko_2000 posted:

In the movie the zombies climb over the walls because the Palestinians are yelling Allah Akhbar too loudly and it attracts them.

lf as gently caress

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

Even liberal zionism too much for hollywood producers

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

gradenko_2000 posted:

It was really bad, but on the other hand, having giant walls that nobody is monitoring was strangely prescient :shrug:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Israel lets a bunch of Muslim refugees in and they all immediately start jabbering a song in their heathen tongue like Ewoks. this causes the zombies to swarm up the wall like a bunch of army ants and alas Jerusalem is destroyed because of its foolish generosity towards the savage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_8j4kdfzzE

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

uber_stoat posted:

Israel lets a bunch of Muslim refugees in and they all immediately start jabbering a song in their heathen tongue like Ewoks. this causes the zombies to swarm up the wall like a bunch of army ants and alas Jerusalem is destroyed because of its foolish generosity towards the savage.

there's even a point at about the seven minute mark where Hannibal protocol instincts kick in

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

in world war z israel invites in all the palestinians into the 1967 borders and it immediately triggers a war with the ultra orthodox

I call them ultraorthodorks

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

uber_stoat posted:

My favorite part of this is the ghetto fences reimagined as protective anti-zombie barriers

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

The Oldest Man posted:

My favorite part of this is the ghetto fences reimagined as protective anti-zombie barriers

iirc the book makes a point that apartheid govts were best suited to dealing with zombies because a) walls and b) having plans in place for “what if majority of population decides to do uprising?” scenario

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

uber_stoat posted:

lmfao goddamn.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Loucks posted:

Valid. Anything that causes that piece of excrement pain is laudable. And obviously showing others that they’re not alone in thinking this poo poo is egregious is good. Not totally making GBS threads on protest even if it’s mostly ignored.

Do you think more mundane murderers should be tortured in prison? If not, how many deaths must one be responsible for before it is laudable to torture them? Stopping fascists and liberals from killing etc is good but thinking you are going to discourage these crimes in the future by punishing the perpetrators is foolish. Merely removing them from the equation is both morally preferable and generally practically better.

Complications posted:

I didn't think about that. Legit question - can I also call them Yemenis?

If you want to refer to Ansar Allah in particular just call them that imo. It's a particular political organization. But afaik there is no reason not to say that "Ansar Allah is a Yemeni political organization" for example.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
It is also probably fine to call them "Yemeni forces" because they are part of the government that won the civil war.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

eighty-four merc posted:

iirc the book makes a point that apartheid govts were best suited to dealing with zombies because a) walls and b) having plans in place for “what if majority of population decides to do uprising?” scenario

That's really loving stupid since apartheid states are always filled with incompetent psychopaths and have the kind of internal divisions that cause total government collapse in a slight breeze

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I think this change from the book is a good metonym for the shift from ludicrous liberal zionism to full on fascism

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

The Oldest Man posted:

That's really loving stupid since apartheid states are always filled with incompetent psychopaths and have the kind of internal divisions that cause total government collapse in a slight breeze

yeah I mean world war z is a spin-off/expansion of a weeb essay about why katanas are the optimal zombie survival tool or whatever

e: what I mean to say is yeah I agree, the book is really loving stupid

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

eighty-four merc posted:

yeah I mean world war z is a spin-off/expansion of a weeb essay about why katanas are the optimal zombie survival tool or whatever

e: what I mean to say is yeah I agree, the book is really loving stupid

The book had a few good parts but i rolled my eyes so hard at all the israel poo poo it was so painful. The little stories in the zombie survival guide were way better

WoodrowSkillson has issued a correction as of 05:00 on Dec 24, 2023

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
The funniest part about World War Z is that because of it the author Max Brooks has fellowships at the Atlantic Council and West Point. He has an interview with Dan Carlin (I know), where it's apparent what an absolute moron he is to the point that Carlin is baffled by it.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Arven posted:

Atlantic Council and West Point

many such cases

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Arven posted:

The funniest part about World War Z is that because of it the author Max Brooks has fellowships at the Atlantic Council and West Point. He has an interview with Dan Carlin (I know), where it's apparent what an absolute moron he is to the point that Carlin is baffled by it.

Turns out you can get way further than your abilities can naturally carry you when your dad is very famous

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
World War Z has literally the entire population of North Korea disappear into underground bunkers because they're inscrutable aliens, Russia reforms into a fundamentalist Orthodox Christian theocracy, and also the PRC collapses into civil war and nukes itself, but the United States survives with no fundamental changes and is basically intact at the end of the story despite over 2/3 of its population dying, it's very funny

also 'zombie apocalypse as thinly veiled race war metaphor' has been a thing going back to the original Night of the Living Dead (the film literally ends with our black hero surviving the zombies only to get unceremoniously shot in the head by white vigilantes), but World War Z is one of the only pieces of media I've ever seen that just explicitly says so, with the strategies used to defeat the zombies in-story being based on apartheid-era South African plans for fighting a general uprising of the black population, and Israeli settlements mentioned as a model for building survivable post-zombie-apocalypse communities.

there's a deeply funny/offensive scene where Nelson Mandela calls the Nazi planner who drew up those contingency plans, the dude who planned a genocide of black people and is now getting to use those plans on zombies instead, a hero and hugs him.

the author does at least have enough self-awareness to have this extremely stupid event cause the Nazi planner to have a complete mental breakdown and by the time of the book he's confined to an institution, but you could have also just...not written that, you could have just not

edit: one other unintentionally hilarious thing I just remembered is that in the book the Ukrainian government uses chemical weapons on its own civilian populace because it's easier than sorting out the uninfected from the infected, something that would definitely never get written today

Mister Bates has issued a correction as of 05:26 on Dec 24, 2023

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/KlonnyPin_Gosch/status/1738736308900552932?t=Suqi525KQrCHkX_cQg5BQg&s=19

https://twitter.com/KlonnyPin_Gosch/status/1738750647158149327?t=jk2FjzlMs9CDXj-gksxhBA&s=19

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Hamas claims they recovered two unexploded 2000 pound bombs dropped by IOF and used them in an ambush

https://t.me/Middle_East_Spectator/4063

quote:

🇮🇱/🇵🇸 Al-Qassam Our fighters repurposed two unexploded 2-ton Israeli bombs, planting them on the path of advancing IDF vehicles in Jabalia and detonating them when they approached, causing the destruction of 5 tanks and the killing and injuring of their crews

Not trying to bloodlust, more so I want to call out how unprecedented this is in the current conflict, if true. Iraq was for notorious repurposed unexploded ordnance, and smaller IED-type devices have seen use in this conflict – however, 4000 pounds of explosives is a lot of loving boom.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

eighty-four merc posted:

Don't forget how North Korea pulls every ones teeth and they all disappear into the tunnels underneath so now its just a gray zone no one knows about

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Complications posted:

I didn't think about that. Legit question - can I also call them Yemenis?

No idea, but thinking that would probably include people in Yemen who aren't with Ansar Allah. think Venn diagram

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
Have the Fremen been doing anything else badass aside from shutting down shipping?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Burn Zone posted:

Hamas claims they recovered two unexploded 2000 pound bombs dropped by IOF and used them in an ambush

Not trying to bloodlust, more so I want to call out how unprecedented this is in the current conflict, if true. Iraq was for notorious repurposed unexploded ordnance, and smaller IED-type devices have seen use in this conflict – however, 4000 pounds of explosives is a lot of loving boom.

Yeah it's unprecedented because the IDF are sickos dropping hundreds of 2,000 pounders on a densely populated urban area. Using bombs that large on a city is crazy unless your goal is to maximize civilian casualties and utterly destroy civilian infrastructure, which is why the US didn't do it even when they were bombing the ever-loving poo poo out of Mosul.

https://www.cnn.com/gaza-israel-big-bombs/index.html

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The Sum of All Fears began with a Samson option nuke being lost when the IAF plane carrying it crashed and then a Palestinian farmer finds it and hands it off to the PLO-but-Communist

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
senior member of Ansar Allah shared the IDF pampers meme asking if it was real lol

https://twitter.com/hezamalasad/status/1738433378016203074

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
it is real

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
cuba is the big winner overall in the book

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

neutral milf hotel posted:

senior member of Ansar Allah shared the IDF pampers meme asking if it was real lol

https://twitter.com/hezamalasad/status/1738433378016203074

absolutely

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
EIGHT new names just dropped. I don't think they've released this many casualties in one punch since the ambush in Shujaiya. They're all Staff Sergeants, Master Sergeants or Sergeants First Class.

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1738788585141059775?t=CCJHAiVS2lBRHOeQBlu1HA&s=19

Sancho Banana has issued a correction as of 06:45 on Dec 24, 2023

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

Have the Fremen been doing anything else badass aside from shutting down shipping?

the problem with them being the fremen is that then the sardaukar (idf/usa) should have been fat posers that got by on their rep and no one had bothered to fight in generations and so find out they hadn't kept up with their training.

Actually for that matter I don't remember why the sardaukar stayed on their planet that sucked after they became the legions of the emperor. Maybe it trained them up, but when they can go conquer someplace that doesn't suck that would seem tempting for retirement.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

https://twitter.com/IndiaCoastGuard/status/1738611205361856665

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The World War Z audiobook has a phenomenal cast. I won't spoil it, but it's listed about halfway down the Wikipedia page.

Jeruzalem is arguably a better premise than WWZ:

quote:

Three friends Sarah, Rachel and Kevin take a holiday in Jerusalem and are having a great time in the historic city. But the tide soon turns and they enter a biblical nightmare where they are chased by winged demons from hell.

I haven't seen it in forever, but I wonder if it holds up. I like the idea of hell annexing Israel because like attracts like.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

forget the cape of good hope detour lol if you cant be safe in the indian ocean, you gonna have to take the straights of magellian

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

https://x.com/DrLoupis/status/1738522544875954419?s=20

Zadok Allen has issued a correction as of 06:59 on Dec 24, 2023

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

that is pretty far from the other attacks isn't it? I can't see poo poo in that video. Pretty funny if Ansarallah is becoming the bogeymen for sailors everywhere. Any maintenance gently caress up will have people scrambling around looking for Ansar drones poking at delicate machinery

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

another banger from norm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

FuzzySlippers posted:

that is pretty far from the other attacks isn't it? I can't see poo poo in that video. Pretty funny if Ansarallah is becoming the bogeymen for sailors everywhere. Any maintenance gently caress up will have people scrambling around looking for Ansar drones poking at delicate machinery

the guy on the edge of the map but instead of this guy

it's